Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thank you UKP  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Beamer

Thank you to the new owners and moderators.
Through all the changes it is still clear that UKP is the most informative and helpful site for real punters.
The move away from non-punting topics and the clarification on the rules (below) adds further credibility that the continued success of UKP is SP reviews.
There is no doubt that the reviews have saved me time and £'s.

It is a shame that there are members...
(a) who see SP's but never post a review.
(b) have opinions on wg's but never see them.
(c) who are selfish lurkers.
But at the end of the day, real punters can ignore the often fractious and unhelpful comments they proffer and use the reviews as a basis for their decision making process.

From the rules......
1 Site ethos / mission
This Forum puts the interests of Punters first through the sharing of Reviews. ..........
.........Members are expected to post Reviews although there is no formal quota (see rule 27).
27 Lurking / Dormant Accounts
Members that do not contribute Reviews or where their accounts become dormant may have their membership revoked.

Offline Foxtail17

Well said, a vital resource to give us the true picture, both good and bad.

Offline MME

It's saved me a fortune.

I'd like to think also that I've 'paid back' a little and saved others some money too, one or two of my neg reviews have been horrendous  :dance: I'd hate to see someone else going through the same...

Offline Blackpool Rock

Yeah I was thinking a couple of days ago that despite a few ongoing technical issues the basics of the site still remain the same and the concerns of some regarding censored words etc being the start of the end haven't come to fruition.

I'm just grateful that a new team were prepared to take the site on as the alternative would have been it's closure and back to pimp run sites with fake reviews.
IMHO the new team are doing a good job now the dust has settled and thankfully we didn't get the same meltdown that happened on UKE.

Another thing i've noticed when looking at the banned log is that while the number of bannings is drastically down compared to when Old Admin ran the site the majority of them appear to be done by the 3 new Mods.
It's good to see they have taken the role on positively and all the responsibility that goes with it while also reducing the day to day burden off of Head1 and the 2 Admins  :drinks: 

Offline django0700

UKP has greatly improved the quality of my punting experiences. Thanks too reviews posted by chaps on here...  :thumbsup:

Offline Metalgear2018

Thank you. I appreciate the support and advice. Many more years of success

Offline Grumpy Pumpy

Good post.

Very much agree. UKP remains an absolutely invaluable resource.  :drinks:

Offline Bogof60

Yeah I was thinking a couple of days ago that despite a few ongoing technical issues the basics of the site still remain the same and the concerns of some regarding censored words etc being the start of the end haven't come to fruition.

I'm just grateful that a new team were prepared to take the site on as the alternative would have been it's closure and back to pimp run sites with fake reviews.
IMHO the new team are doing a good job now the dust has settled and thankfully we didn't get the same meltdwn that happened on UKE.

Another thing i've noticed when looking at the banned log is that while the number of bannings is drastically down compared to when Old Admin ran the site the majority of them appear to be done by the 3 new Mods.
It's good to see they have taken the role on positively and all the responsibility that goes with it while also reducing the day to day burden off of Head1 and the 2 Admins  :drinks:

Agree with all that.  :thumbsup:

Can I also say that under the past regime  I saved myself a fortune by checking out the reviews on here,  so long may it continue.
And a special thanks to all the reviewers in my area.  :drinks:
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline The Film Director

Completely agree, onwards and upwards  :thumbsup:

Offline shyboy1

UKP is a great resource and has saved most of us a great deal of cash and disappointment. In fact today I was saved from a bad punt by a couple of fair and balanced reviews.
With regards to reviewing punts, I’m not a frequent punter but have contributed a few reviews but I tend to revisit a girl if I’ve had a good experience and stick to regulars so only tend to review the occasional fresh SP I meet.
I suppose what I’m getting at is that criticising members with not many reviews could be counter productive.
I completely agree that those members who make stupid comments without putting any skin in the game at all need to step up or step off but I think we can all spot them easily enough to be able to ignore them.
SB

Offline unclepokey

I think this site is improving quite rapidly. It is for Punters primarily. I detect a drop in the posts from totally negative shit stirrers who attack other punters - they are wasteful non-improvers and they know who they are. So thanks for that or not as the case may be.

There are insightful contributions from a small number of SPs.. Let that continue.
However the overall aim must remain to inform the punter and let him reveal both poor service and, importantly, any evidence of women working under duress.

Offline Dweeby

I suppose what I’m getting at is that criticising members with not many reviews could be counter productive.
Thing is though, I'd say that >90% don't contribute anything at all. As I write this, there are over 1100 people logged in - right now. How many thousands visit here every day?

How many meetings by UKP members per UKP review? Lots and lots. Same with a/w feedback, hundreds of meetings per feedback comment.

Maybe the forum could remove members who don't contribute in the first month, and who don't review in the first 12 months.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Thing is though, I'd say that >90% don't contribute anything at all. As I write this, there are over 1100 people logged in - right now. How many thousands visit here every day?

How many meetings by UKP members per UKP review? Lots and lots. Same with a/w feedback, hundreds of meetings per feedback comment.

Maybe the forum could remove members who don't contribute in the first month, and who don't review in the first 12 months.

If you discount your first post, a comment on another's review of 'yeah she was crap when I saw her' , instead of doing a proper review, then you fall well and truly into the category of being removed.  Maybe you should be careful what you wish for.

Online Moby Dick

Good Shout Beamer :thumbsup:

Thanks to the new owners and all the helpers that stop the wheels from falling off.

Wish I had found this site sooner, I guess it wasn’t around 20years ago when I was in my punting prime.
Could have told some tales back then, I’m about as active as the Terracotta Army in comparison these days. :hi:

Offline old fart

Since joining UKP in June last year when I was 70, I am very grateful to everybody who contributes. I have had a few very good punts, which I have reviewed and the rules do not allow another review within a year. I actually agree with the rule, I have also been concerned about where two people review a WG one gives a negative and the other a positive. The person who gives the positive review has been immediately brand as a white knight and castigated. In some cases, and they are very obvious it is true but i do feel the automatic attack is totally unfounded. I was in my first positive review which was the first review of the WG, I joined to report getting messed around by a WG so my first review was a big negative.

The people who took over are doing a fantastic job,  :thumbsup: those who complain are never in the front line to help. I will keep on punting as along as I can get it up and the pension allows me the funds.  :hi:

Old Fart

Online Fuzzyduck

Since joining UKP in June last year when I was 70, I am very grateful to everybody who contributes. I have had a few very good punts, which I have reviewed and the rules do not allow another review within a year. I actually agree with the rule, I have also been concerned about where two people review a WG one gives a negative and the other a positive. The person who gives the positive review has been immediately brand as a white knight and castigated. In some cases, and they are very obvious it is true but i do feel the automatic attack is totally unfounded. I was in my first positive review which was the first review of the WG, I joined to report getting messed around by a WG so my first review was a big negative.

The people who took over are doing a fantastic job,  :thumbsup: those who complain are never in the front line to help. I will keep on punting as along as I can get it up and the pension allows me the funds.  :hi:

Old Fart

The rules have changes. See rule 4
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252680

Offline mrfishyfoo

I think this site is improving quite rapidly. It is for Punters primarily. I detect a drop in the posts from totally negative shit stirrers who attack other punters - they are wasteful non-improvers and they know who they are. So thanks for that or not as the case may be.

There are insightful contributions from a small number of SPs.. Let that continue.
However the overall aim must remain to inform the punter and let him reveal both poor service and, importantly, any evidence of women working under duress.

Interesting comment as according to some I'm one of those negative cunts that attacks other punters.

I think the sites getting "more tolerant" which is a good thing BUT if calling out fluffies and whiteknights begins to get frowned on then IMHO the site will have "issues" going forwards.  :hi: :hi:

Offline Beamer

Interesting comment as according to some I'm one of those negative cunts that attacks other punters.

I think the sites getting "more tolerant" which is a good thing BUT if calling out fluffies and whiteknights begins to get frowned on then IMHO the site will have "issues" going forwards.  :hi: :hi:

With the amount of reviews you have  I don't think that calling out fluffies and white knights will become an issue and long may it continue.
I think the big issue is those that have an opinion on everything but contribute SFA to the forum via reviews. As the the rules state reviews are key.

Offline mrfishyfoo

With the amount of reviews you have  I don't think that calling out fluffies and white knights will become an issue and long may it continue.
I think the big issue is those that have an opinion on everything but contribute SFA to the forum via reviews. As the the rules state reviews are key.

.....or have in the past posted reviews and now don't/won't share their experiences with the rest of us.

Offline JonasG

Gotta say the forum is far less hostile and abrasive it once was.

The interaction between everyone is far better atm for me.

I've not been here long but the forum is definitely in a good shape.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 12:45:10 am by JonasG »

Offline Bogof60

Gotta say the forum is far less hostile and abrasive it once was.

The interaction between everyone is far better atm for me.

I've not been here long but the forum is definitely in a good shape.

Agree with the above as well.
 :thumbsup:
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.

Offline king tarzan

Old Admin definitely was EYE OF THE 🐅🥊🥊🥊🥊
Site is still eye of the 🦁🥊🥊🥊🥊
Certain members have the alertness of a 🦊🥊🥊🥊

So all going great!!!🥊🥊🥊🥊
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline TheMurloc

As a relative newbie to the scene I stumbled upon this site and boy has it saved me some £££ and grief. There are very few toxic posts here compared to other online communities I'm in. I've found the whole environment to be friendly and most of all useful and feel it only right that I share my experiences with you guys. Sad to say not everyone here follows the spirit pf the site and sadly the OP is preaching to the choir here as the lurkers and leechers will stay schtum in posts like this for the risk of getting banned should they say anything.

Offline king tarzan

As a relative newbie to the scene I stumbled upon this site and boy has it saved me some £££ and grief. There are very few toxic posts here compared to other online communities I'm in. I've found the whole environment to be friendly and most of all useful and feel it only right that I share my experiences with you guys. Sad to say not everyone here follows the spirit pf the site and sadly the OP is preaching to the choir here as the lurkers and leechers will stay schtum in posts like this for the risk of getting banned should they say anything.

It's a great information site and full of great funny characters.😋👅
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline Malvolio

Nobody gets banned for commenting alone - it all depends what the comments are.  Given what this site is about, it's never going to be a place for shrinking violets.