Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Scorpio gone?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline casio

Tried phoning the Scorpio number 0131 661 9944 - not there any more.

Does anyone know if they're shut down now or just forgot to pay the phone bill?

Offline Squire Haggard

I've just tried it, number not recognised. I was last in it around a decade ago, but I'll be sad to see it go. I've got some good memories of the place.

Less popular saunas could follow as there's plenty of competition out there with independents etc.

Offline Sandman1874

I phoned yesterday to ask who was working today and everything was working fine. I suspect it’s a problem with their phone.

Offline Squire Haggard

I phoned yesterday to ask who was working today and everything was working fine. I suspect it’s a problem with their phone.

Good news. Thanks for that.

Offline willie loman

Good news. Thanks for that.

Still going strong, ive badmouthed the place and the boss in the past, but I ve changed my views, its a bit casual compared to other saunas, but that's ok.

Offline Marmalade

its a bit casual compared to other saunas
Do you mean scruffy, shabby, a bit on the unpolished side, lacking money for a coat of paint, decent furnishings or even maybe .... the phone bill?  :D :D :D :D

Offline willie loman

Do you mean scruffy, shabby, a bit on the unpolished side, lacking money for a coat of paint, decent furnishings or even maybe .... the phone bill?  :D :D :D :D

A fair description, though a bit of redecorating has been done, one of its most curious features, is the pile of books under the coffee table in the waiting room,its always been the best place to find a fairly filthy scot, the other saunas tend to have an assembly line of nice euro girls with bodies like beach volley ball players, but you cant beat a left school early inked up schemie.

Offline DickDiver

The boss is a wanker, and I'm pretty sure it's a fire disaster waiting to happen, but I've had all my best sauna shags in there. Having said that northern angels was about the only online competition last time i was in!

Offline daviebond

I wonder if they've fixed the shower    :P

Offline HumphryB

Hi Casio and fellow punters. How highly, or lowly for that matter would you recommend a sauna punt for someone whos only ever met independents?
Went to a brothel on holiday in Spain once and the whole "line up" effort seemed awkward as all fuck. I was a little younger though and my only previous experience with working girls was in Amsterdam.
I'm from the glasgow area and of a generation who was unaware saunas even existed in this dear green place once upon a time.
Punted in the UK a fair bit now the past couple years, always independent though. However a would like to try something a little "seedier". If you sniff my drift. The comment about schemies kinda intrigued :lol:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:24:10 pm by HumphryB »

Offline casio

Humph, I'd suggest a 'suck it and see' approach, horses for courses and all that.

Personally I find meeting indies "awkward as all fuck" and the saunas are much more convenient and reliable, much less hassle all round.

Offline Name Not Found

Having said that northern angels was about the only online competition last time i was in!

Jeeezus man; as if I didn't feel old enough already you have to drag that memory up. Thanks a lot  :thumbsdown: :D

Offline Marmalade

Hi Casio and fellow punters. How highly, or lowly for that matter would you recommend a sauna punt for someone whos only ever met independents?
Went to a brothel on holiday in Spain once and the whole "line up" effort seemed awkward as all fuck. I was a little younger though and my only previous experience with working girls was in Amsterdam.
I'm from the glasgow area and of a generation who was unaware saunas even existed in this dear green place once upon a time.
Punted in the UK a fair bit now the past couple years, always independent though. However a would like to try something a little "seedier". If you sniff my drift. The comment about schemies kinda intrigued :lol:

Oh yeah awkward as fuck till you get used to it. Also less hassle, usually cheap, walk in at your convenience, no waiting to see if she’ll get round to responding to your email and graciously granting you a time and her highness’s convenience, no faffing about trying to find her new flat etc etc.

NewTown and Scorpio have the least public looking entrances, both being off the main road. LSS and BSS tend to have more chicks on duty and reliably nicer lounges, private rooms, fresh coffee etc.

Offline DickDiver

Think of it this way - with an indie it could be a real horror behind the door, I've even met well reviewed 10/10s that have done nothing for me. Saunas on the other hand you can eyeball 4 or 5 and choose one that floats your boat. If your preference is to look at the mantelpiece while stoking the fire, the sauna is a better option.

Offline TommyMoundfrigger

Think of it this way - with an indie it could be a real horror behind the door, I've even met well reviewed 10/10s that have done nothing for me. Saunas on the other hand you can eyeball 4 or 5 and choose one that floats your boat. If your preference is to look at the mantelpiece while stoking the fire, the sauna is a better option.
It's been many years since I stepped foot in a sauna and recall in the day that it was sauna dependant whether you got oral without or not.
Some were with policy, others without.
My question is, how would you go about confirming services before going to the room?
I'd imagine interrogating the girls around the table is not the done thing.

Offline willie loman

It's been many years since I stepped foot in a sauna and recall in the day that it was sauna dependant whether you got oral without or not.
Some were with policy, others without.
My question is, how would you go about confirming services before going to the room?
I'd imagine interrogating the girls around the table is not the done thing.

You can ask the girl when you get into the room, or even on the way down stairs if appropriate, you are perfectly at liberty to change your mind, ow or owo doesn't matter to me,

Offline HumphryB

The advice is apprecieted lads! If i'm through edinburgh way ill make a point of trying out a sauna punt. Will report back :thumbsup:

Offline HumphryB

Ok. So i was just browsing the thread about having possibly bumped  into "Sergi" on a punt and got me thinking. Does the fact that a working girl pays a fee to the  house/madame/owner mean that she's pimped? How can a punter be sure there's no coercion under the circumstances?

Offline DaVINCI

Ok. So i was just browsing the thread about having possibly bumped  into "Sergi" on a punt and got me thinking. Does the fact that a working girl pays a fee to the  house/madame/owner mean that she's pimped? How can a punter be sure there's no coercion under the circumstances?
No, a lot of the Sauna SP are paying for the use of the facilities, that's not to say Sergei is in the background pushing the SP to work in one. Although, unlikely, as a greater fee can be obtained from working independent.

A lot of the Sauna SP move around in the Saunas as well.

Offline HumphryB

No, a lot of the Sauna SP are paying for the use of the facilities, that's not to say Sergei is in the background pushing the SP to work in one. Although, unlikely, as a greater fee can be obtained from working independent.

Love you's guys! A fucking wealth of Knowledge :thumbsup:

Offline Squire Haggard

I think that the cops were looking for trafficked girls when they were doing their idiotic Keystone Cops raids on the saunas a few years back. They didn't find any. I've visited them many times in the past, before I joined this site. It's never crossed my mind that any of the many girls that I saw were being coerced. The only thing that the cops succeeded in was looking stupid.  :)

External Link/Members Only

Offline David1970

An independent SP who used to work in a sauna in Milton Keynes, told me a Romanian SP working in the sauna kept getting phone calls from her " boyfriend" , asking how much she had made.
Seems he was never happy with the amount and she was miserable.

Offline Marmalade

I think that the cops were looking for trafficked girls when they were doing their idiotic Keystone Cops raids on the saunas a few years back. They didn't find any. I've visited them many times in the past, before I joined this site. It's never crossed my mind that any of the many girls that I saw were being coerced. The only thing that the cops succeeded in was looking stupid.  :)

External Link/Members Only

I reckoned it was just that gay bastard trying to show off. Certainly wasn’t very popular with Edinburgh police, who had done a first class job for ages.

Offline Jayf

Was open a a couple of nights ago.

Offline solway

Bring back the saunas in Glasgow.

Offline foreverchanges

Bring back the saunas in Glasgow.

More chance of Third Lanark winning the league this season. ;)

Offline solway

More chance of Third Lanark winning the league this season. ;)
Ha ha you'Re right there.

Offline willie loman

Plenty of official visits to saunas, medical outreach teams, handing out soviet era condoms, no doubt police and immigration pop in as well, no chance of trafficked girls in saunas, flats that a different matter, especially the tourers.

Offline dirtybirdieuk

I hope Scorpio is not gone.  Out of all of the Sauna's Scorpio is my favorite place.  Been going there ever since the inside was all Red. I haven't been back to Scorpio for about a month and am thinking of going to Scorpio this week.  I've seen Amy (Scottish) who in my opinion looks better as a Blonde instead of a brunette and her service was Fantastic. Frankie who is a Romanian girl who used to look good before she put on 30 pounds.  Her service was good before.  Paula who is another attractive Romanian girl I saw and had a great time with. The only girl I did not like was Grace who was a young Scottish Lass whose service was less than desirable.  Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance. 

Offline Tony5555

I'd agree about the comments on saunas v indies. I've experienced too many shit punts with indies, and although it does happen in saunas, I think the overall service is better. The indies will cancel or delay your booking at the drop of a hat. And when the service is shit they just move onto the next town and repeat .At least with saunas you see the girls then choose. The sauna does have SOME control over the quality of service.

Offline Lickymicky

I hope Scorpio is not gone.  Out of all of the Sauna's Scorpio is my favorite place.  Been going there ever since the inside was all Red. I haven't been back to Scorpio for about a month and am thinking of going to Scorpio this week.  I've seen Amy (Scottish) who in my opinion looks better as a Blonde instead of a brunette and her service was Fantastic. Frankie who is a Romanian girl who used to look good before she put on 30 pounds.  Her service was good before.  Paula who is another attractive Romanian girl I saw and had a great time with. The only girl I did not like was Grace who was a young Scottish Lass whose service was less than desirable.  Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance.

I too hope Scorpio hasn't closed.I have had some great fun there.I would recommend Tanya the Thai lady, if she is still working.A tremendous handful.

Offline Largs43

I agree with the comments about Amy at Scorpio, very good service provider.

Tania the Thai is no longer there: the name Tania is now taken by a Scottish woman who used to go by the name Samantha. I found her service mediocre, reviewed her as neutral.

Scorpio is my go-to sauna, with Newtown a 2nd choice, depending who's on.

Offline Mr Rollison

I've avoided it for twenty years as after I visited and met the boss at reception and then he wandered into my work some time later.
He is also a customer where I work now.
Of course I am paranoid enough to think he recognizes me  :scare:.

Would liked to have visited mature Tina.

That's if the owner is the same and still works there. He does spend a lot of time
In Thailand.

Offline ComeAgain

I've avoided it for twenty years as after I visited and met the boss at reception and then he wandered into my work some time later.
He is also a customer where I work now.
Of course I am paranoid enough to think he recognizes me  :scare:.

Would liked to have visited mature Tina.

That's if the owner is the same and still works there. He does spend a lot of time
In Thailand.

If its Ian Haig that you refer to, he passed away two years ago. His brother has no involvement with the Sauna anymore.

Offline Squire Haggard

If its Ian Haig that you refer to, he passed away two years ago. His brother has no involvement with the Sauna anymore.

Someone on here said that it was the older brother Charlie that passed away.

Its interesting that Ian Haig has left it. No more freebies from the girls for him.  :)

Offline willie loman

Someone on here said that it was the older brother Charlie that passed away.

Its interesting that Ian Haig has left it. No more freebies from the girls for him.  :)

Ian is still very much there, and so is tanya the thai most days.

Offline ComeAgain

Apologies to all concerned....I mixed the brothers around unfortunately. It was Charlie who passed away, and in fact, Ian is still well and definitely kicking.

Offline Mr Rollison

Couldn't have said when hr was last in my shop so would easily believed it was Ian  that died.

I didn't want to name names although was Sure he had been mentioned on here.
I am lucky that a colleague at work will deal with him and I can hide.
Am a fearty.
I can admit who he is by referring newspaper reports.

Other main memory is seeing him in a car around easter road interviewing a lady.

Thanks for clarification as I might have visited.
Its about the only sauna that isn't on a super busy road.
It's like Edinburgh said have saunas but they're on main roads!!.
Will save myself for my twice yearly London trips.

Offline dirtybirdieuk

I too hope Scorpio hasn't closed.I have had some great fun there.I would recommend Tanya the Thai lady, if she is still working.A tremendous handful.

FYI Tanya the Thai girl is still at Scorpio. She has been a regular staff member for the past year.

Offline dirtybirdieuk

I'd agree about the comments on saunas v indies. I've experienced too many shit punts with indies, and although it does happen in saunas, I think the overall service is better. The indies will cancel or delay your booking at the drop of a hat. And when the service is shit they just move onto the next town and repeat .At least with saunas you see the girls then choose. The sauna does have SOME control over the quality of service.

I definitely prefer the saunas over the Independant girls. Service is generally better.  I also like just showing up to the sauna when ever I have time. It becomes a nuisance to pre book ahead of time in my opinion.

Offline dirtybirdieuk

Ian did not pass away. He is in his 70s and alive and well. It’s his brother charlie that passed away.

Offline Clattypats

I definitely prefer the saunas over the Independant girls. Service is generally better.  I also like just showing up to the sauna when ever I have time. It becomes a nuisance to pre book ahead of time in my opinion.
Maybe you're seeing the wrong kind of 'Indies'' Probably best not  "pigeon hole" everyone...  :thumbsup: