Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Do you use savings to punt  (Read 3054 times)

Pdubz

Were does your punting money come from? do you take out couple hundred from your monthly/weekly salary or do you dip into savings?

personally i use money from side jobs i do on weekends

Offline Cuntminion

What savings?

And yes comes from salary

Offline Malvolio

My punting money comes from my salary.  It's a dangerous road if you start to use up your savings or taking loans in order to punt.

Type_O_Negative

Overtime is my source of money i spend on prossies. I never ever touch my "core" money i get monthly for doing my contracted only hours.

Offline cueball

I have a monthly punting budget from my earnings

Offline stevedave

My advice would be to not use your savings. As much fun as punting is, one day you're likely need that money for something important!

Never spend beyond your means.

Pdubz

Thanks, i dont ever use my main job salary ever or savings but i often get tempted though

Offline Cuntminion

Again what savings?

I'm not frivolous with money I just don't plan more than six months ahead

Comes out ma earnings but I cut other stupid shit to balance it

Would never take a loan for this gig then I'd feel like a prick

Offline Cuntminion

I also get the feeling I'm the lowest earner on this forum  :lol:

Pdubz

may i ask do you pay mortgage comaminion?

Type_O_Negative

Again what savings?

I'm not frivolous with money I just don't plan more than six months ahead

Comes out ma earnings but I cut other stupid shit to balance it

Would never take a loan for this gig then I'd feel like a prick

Try to find another source of money. I do overtime - one extra shift per week (4 contracted shifts + 1 overtime shift + 2 rest days). Or small job "cash in hand".

I also have expensive hobby which is photography. Some time ago i sold my wide angle lens i didn't need anymore (Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8). I got £1000 for it - covers 8-10 1hour punts.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:12:32 pm by Type_O_Negative »

Offline Cuntminion

Try to find another source of money. I do overtime - one extra shift per week (4 contracted shifts + 1 overtime shift + 2 rest days). Or small job "cash in hand".

Ahhh you know overtime is there sometimes but the hours and monotony of overtime

I would end up resenting punting doing overtime to fund it, as said will fuck of the smoking which costs 300 a month so that covers two punts a month

I'm not saving much because really what am I saving for

No and never will have ambitions of
Marriage
Girlfriend
Kids
Property
Car
None of this resonates with me or my plans

Offline cueball

Ha ha, I've sold my tv, dvd, couch, carpet, kitchen. Electric comes from the street lamp and I'm on next doors broadband. I'm sat on a wooden box in a empty house. It's all working out splendidly

Offline Cuntminion

may i ask do you pay mortgage comaminion?

Nope just rent/bills

Offline Cuntminion

Ha ha, I've sold my tv, dvd, couch, carpet, kitchen. Electric comes from the street lamp and I'm on next doors broadband. I'm sat on a wooden box in a empty house. It's all working out splendidly

:cool:

I have about three things I need the rest is a luxury that if it come to I can live without

I'm still not selling the x1 to punt though

Pdubz

Nope just rent/bills

fair enough!

Offline Cuntminion

Nope just rent/bills

fair enough!

I used to be a fluffy cunt dreaming of ideals
Settling down, kids one day but events changed me over time

Initially depressing but liberating as I have very little locking me down, I know people say it to seem like they don't but I mean it when I say I really don't care about much, sometimes it can border on reckless though so have to reign it in so I don't fuck absolutely everything up

Offline Dime

As a university  student, I use (part of) my student loan as well as cash I earn freelance from private tutoring I charge around £25 p.h and have 3 to 4 tutees weekly. A regular WG I see once asked me: "Are you a rich student"?   :cool:

Offline Sonny Crockett

I sure am using my savings at the moment!!!!!!! I guess I have to in order to continue enjoying this fantastic hobby of mine!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sonny Crockett

It is not a good thing I guess, to use your savings, but when you love punting and sex, you don't think about those things!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cuntminion

It is not a good thing I guess, to use your savings, but when you love punting and sex, you don't think about those things!!!!!!!!!

Can't take it with you

Offline maxxblue

Using disposable income doesn't cause hardship.

Using savings does.

Simple really.  :hi:

Offline PLeisure

I also have expensive hobby which is photography. Some time ago i sold my wide angle lens i didn't need anymore (Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8). I got £1000 for it - covers 8-10 1hour punts.
I can relate - mine's sound equipment.  :hi: My system features a hi-fi brand that is punishingly expensive (more than Leica in your world) - and is the reason I've only just started punting this year. Got to the point where I figured the endless path to achieving the 'ultimate system' would continue up to my graveside. It was time to enjoy some other, more physical activities. I sold some older amps recently; they're funding my b'day treat.

Offline OakTree

Using savings does.

Agreed! Once you step over the line and start pulling cash out of your savings it's not fun any more it's a problem.

a10

I used to pay as and when the urge took me from my wages. A couple of "active" months and I found myself short towards the end of the month with no good reason to explain my lack of funds to non-punting friends (and family members!).

These days, I put aside a budget from my wages, punt out of that and stop when it runs out. Saying that, if I'm within a couple of days of payday, have the funds and the urge takes me, I'll punt - but only if I'm sure I have no expenses coming up.  :hi:

Offline Gordon Bennett

It's just money. Whether you call it savings, ovies, salary, windfall is just semantics...... You pay your money and make your choice; footy, pay TV, fags, booze, clubbing, all you can eat data, drugs, punting, whatever. I just class it as part of my budget allocated to fun.

Offline Clicktocollect

I spend a good portion of my disposable income on gambling and punting. The remainder is just wasted :-)

Offline OakTree

It's just money. Whether you call it savings, ovies, salary, windfall is just semantics...... You pay your money and make your choice; footy, pay TV, fags, booze, clubbing, all you can eat data, drugs, punting, whatever. I just class it as part of my budget allocated to fun.

No it's not just semantics. I have money put away for a rainy day like most people. On the other hand I have what I call disposable cash, that's money that's left over after all financial commitments are met. If that's run out then I don't punt. If I was to continue and raid savings, what happens when the savings run out? No doubt I'd start taking from financial commitments and by then my secret life would start to unravel. Life then starts sliding down a shit slide.

see it's a bit more than just semantics.

fredpunter

I sure am using my savings at the moment!!!!!!! I guess I have to in order to continue enjoying this fantastic hobby of mine!!!!!!!!!!

You could try selling some of your enormous stockpile of exclamation marks.

a10

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Offline PLeisure

Classic !

(see what I just did there)

Offline maxxblue

I don't agree, GB. It isn't semantics. Savings are completely different than disposable income.

Savings is money accumulated over time that is put away for a rainy day. Disposable income is money available to spend on what you will right now.

Offline maxxblue

You beat me to it, fraserlad.

ThrustMaster

I use my disability benefit.  :drinks:

Offline threechilliman

I have a monthly punting budget from my earnings

Sort of +1. I have a variable second income which provides my punting budget, the rest goes to buying luxuries for my family.

tcm

Offline NIK

I also get the feeling I'm the lowest earner on this forum  :lol:

I thought that was just me.
The income that apparently provides such a fabulous punting life for so many of our members, particularly our resident oracle, is indeed one of the great mysteries of the universe.  :rolleyes:

Offline NIK

I spend a good portion of my disposable income on gambling and punting. The remainder is just wasted :-)

Me too. That's why I no longer have any to waste!

Offline Jimmyredcab

Using savings does.

Very true ------------------ sooner or later there would be nothing left.       :hi:

broksonic

I just take the money out of my salary when I feel like a punt .

Offline itk

I just skim some off my monthly wage for punts. Savings for me are there for holidays, car or a rainy day.

password02

I just take the money out of my salary when I feel like a punt .

+1 - Seems however its getting more and more frequent - All you guys giving me girls to HL every week -

Offline smiths

Were does your punting money come from? do you take out couple hundred from your monthly/weekly salary or do you dip into savings?

personally i use money from side jobs i do on weekends

No I never use savings to punt as that could be the start of a slippery slope in my view. I punt within what I can easily afford and require VFM as I see it.

Offline Thepacifist

I only gamble what I can afford to lose. I take care of my priorities and bills etc and use the money left over from all the overtime I do. I only punt once or twice a month usually. I have savings but don't like to spend that on punting. More so when things go wrong like my car atm..

fredpunter

two or three people have mentioned their cars etc .... if you live in London ask yourself do you really need a car? After mine needed expensive repairs a few years ago mainly because it had sat on the drive and hardly moved for so long, I decided to get rid of it. I calculated that taking in to account depreciation, servicing, insurance, parking etc etc etc getting rid of it saved me about £80 to £100 a week! a pretty good start to a punting budget. You can always hire one for a weekend if absolutely essential. 

squeezebox

Disposable income/gambling winnings.  If I lose money gambling away my disposable income, then no punt. A good win will set up some nice punts. Very rarely dip into savings, but then again, I don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard.

Offline PLeisure

two or three people have mentioned their cars etc .... if you live in London ask yourself do you really need a car? After mine needed expensive repairs a few years ago mainly because it had sat on the drive and hardly moved for so long, I decided to get rid of it. I calculated that taking in to account depreciation, servicing, insurance, parking etc etc etc getting rid of it saved me about £80 to £100 a week! a pretty good start to a punting budget. You can always hire one for a weekend if absolutely essential.
Second this. A car in central London is only essential if you need to travel beyond the city. Londoners complain about the public transport system but, on the whole, it's pretty comprehensive and about to get better (finally) with 24hr tube service at the weekends very soon.
 - No, I don't work for TfL  :hi:

In fact, like some of the more recent commentators here, I don't have any liquid assets to draw from, let alone a regular income. Punting remains an occasional and welcome treat.  :drinks:

Offline anonyorks

Agree with the above, my brother moved to London a year ago and sold his car within a month, I have to agree getting around London is a piece of cake nowadays.

I have a set allowance after my bills have been paid and savings deposited. Being attached means it could build up after a while so I can go crazy when I've got the free time.

Offline Cuntminion

You don't need a car in London

So many travel links once central you can walk to anywhere pretty easily

Offline smiths

I do need a car and much more importantly for me I want a car, the cost is neither here nor there to me against the convenience of having one.