Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How will we punt if cash becomes hard to obtain?  (Read 3401 times)

Offline boardyhell

argos vouchers,used to be luncheon vouchers when i started

Online webpunter

What about Greenshield Stamps ?

Offline boardyhell

i still have some,will put them on a reverse bid
granny alert

Offline Home Alone

argos vouchersstarter ,used to be luncheon vouchers when i started

External Link/Members Only

You didn't bump into Hp, did you?! :scare:

Offline dobob

We're mostly of an age on here that trusts cash and has a healthy distrust of technology for it's own sake. Those much older have an absolute fear of the tech and those younger ("digital natives") have grown up with it and don't fear it. I think they should be much more wary!

But it is true that there are significant advantages to going cashless. We just need an entrepreneur to cater to those of us for whom anonymous, person-to-person, significant value cash-type payments are a must!

I think you should keep your uninformed ageist ideas to yourself. Who are you to say that we're mostly of an age on here that trusts cash and distrusts technology? I'm of the same generation as Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the HTML protocol that led to the World-Wide Web. As a consultant Software Engineer, I have (I hope) fairly balanced and informed ideas about the issues you are talking about. I see no advantage in going cashless for punting transactions in the foreseeable future. Something like PayPal might be an option in the future, but it is unlikely to happen: the privacy we want as punters will not be acceptable to the law enforcement agencies. The mythical entrepreneur you envisage will have an impossibly hard sell.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:59:40 pm by dobob »

Offline mh

I think you should keep your uninformed ageist ideas to yourself. Who are you to say that we're mostly of an age on here that trusts cash and distrusts technology? I'm of the same generation as Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the HTML protocol that led to the World-Wide Web. As a consultant Software Engineer, I have (I hope) fairly balanced and informed ideas about the issues you are talking about. I see no advantage in going cashless for punting transactions in the foreseeable future. Something like PayPal might be an option in the future, but it is unlikely to happen: the privacy we want as punters will not be acceptable to the law enforcement agencies. The mythical entrepreneur you envisage will have an impossibly hard sell.

Cheers!

Wind your neck in, matey! I stand by everything I wrote. Of course there are exceptions, that is why I said "mostly". And I said a healthy distrust - that is not any kind of an insult whatsoever. And even then only a distrust of "technology for it's own sake". You seem to bloody well agree with me in the rest of what you have written.

Of course a replacement for cash would only be accepted if it gave the benefits of cash. Like I said it has to be anonymous - it would have to be demonstrably so. I really don't know why you thought you were adding anything with this response, to be honest. I've worked in software development myself for almost 40 years, much of it associated with authentication and encryption so I think I have gained some familiarity with the damn subject. And I've also gained a suspicion of those who add "consultant" to their job title that has just been reinforced...

But cheers!  :drinks:

James999

. As a consultant Software Engineer,

In other words you play video games :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:32:07 pm by James999 »

Offline Bobbyplastic

I'd pay with a bag of shopping. Just ask her for a shopping list beforehand. I could claim that the shopping was for my elderly parents.

Offline dobob

MH: the bit that really made my blood boil (briefly) was you suggesting that all old people have a fear of tech. I hope you'll agree that your generalisation about that was a bit too strong. As regards what the future will bring in the way of electronic cash, let's agree to differ about the probabilities. I think what you have in mind is unlikely but certainly not impossible. Let's wait and see.

And cheers to you too!

Offline dobob

In other words you play video games :sarcastic:

If you like, but as I get pretty well paid for it, I think the laugh is on you  :cool:

Offline unclepokey

The way some of you folk are thinking it might be back to conch (pronounced conk)  shells in time.
UP

Offline mh

MH: the bit that really made my blood boil (briefly) was you suggesting that all old people have a fear of tech.

Those MUCH older. Not "all old people". I mean 80+ who cannot be expected to cope with tech like Smartphones, when it wasn't even in everyday use when they were 70!

Offline dobob

Those MUCH older. Not "all old people". I mean 80+ who cannot be expected to cope with tech like Smartphones, when it wasn't even in everyday use when they were 70!
That doesn't make any sense. 10 years ago is 10 years ago regardless of whether you are 80+ or 15-.

Cheers.

James999

If you like, but as I get pretty well paid for it, I think the laugh is on you  :cool:

Oddly people who are well paid tend not to be insecure and tell you they're well paid, interesting that you illustrate your insecurity for a second time on this thread  :sarcastic:

Offline Moby Dick

Have you thought this through?
How do we buy the goods without leaving an electronic trail? I doubt she would want anything second hand. Reverse bids :  Blow job for old DVDS or bike?

Refunds/ receipts would go back to original account, not a cash refund?

SP would then have to sell goods to pay her bills, leaving electronic trail
If we ever do reach the point where cash ceases to exist or is no longer legal tender, then I suspect that for services such as those provided by prossies we shall  revert to good old fashioned barter and exchange, as it existed a thousand years ago.

Every prossie will simply show a list of the various goods and chattels that she most desires, and what they are worth to her in sexual services, and the customer will simply go out and buy whichever one will pay for his requirements, whether it be in the form of clothing, food, furniture etc - all complete with the receipt so that any surplus to requirements can be promptly returned by the prossie to the shop and a refund obtained.

Indeed, I would not be surprised if, once the benefits of the system from the income tax-saving point of view are realised, the system did not become widely adopted for the provision of all manner of other services and goods.

Just think of it - never again having to pay VAT and Income Tax.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

It all started with Madam Cyn (Cynthia Payne) who used Luncheon Vouchers!

Offline dobob

Oddly people who are well paid tend not to be insecure and tell you they're well paid, interesting that you illustrate your insecurity for a second time on this thread  :sarcastic:

I see you have made well over 14,000 posts to UKP and have never posted a review. It is so kind of you to share your unjustified value judgments on other contributors without contributing in any way to what this site is all about.

Cheers!

Offline mh

I see you have made well over 14,000 posts to UKP and have never posted a review. It is so kind of you to share your unjustified value judgments on other contributors without contributing in any way to what this site is all about.

Well that's an absolutely eviscerating takedown. I don't see how James can come back from that. I can't imagine he has ever heard that before. He will be utterly devastated.
 :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Offline dobob

Well that's an absolutely eviscerating takedown. I don't see how James can come back from that. I can't imagine he has ever heard that before. He will be utterly devastated.
 :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

So he's a well-known time-waster, then? I didn't know that and can't be arsed to read all his posts to find out. His post required a reply as far as I was concerned. I don't really see why you are making sarcastic comments about that.

Cheers!

Online webpunter

You've been on here long enuf to figure what's what
Unless you are a bit slow on the uptake

IMO J999's gonna be beside himself
Mother Theresa is looking less fucked @ the mo
Or maybe not !
:lol:

Popcorn time me thinks
Just been to Ladbrokes & i know where my money is !

So he's a well-known time-waster, then? I didn't know that and can't be arsed to read all his posts to find out. His post required a reply as far as I was concerned. I don't really see why you are making sarcastic comments about that.

Cheers!

Offline dobob

You've been on here long enuf to figure what's what
Unless you are a bit slow on the uptake

IMO J999's gonna be beside himself
Mother Theresa is looking less fucked @ the mo
Or maybe not !
:lol:

Popcorn time me thinks
Just been to Ladbrokes & i know where my money is !

I haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Offline sparkus

They've already introduced contactless for buskers but any of with OHs would be screwed with bank statements.

Perhaps TCMs could be obliged to pass on tips to staff like restaurants are now...

I suspect the oldest profession will find a way to adapt.

Offline Jacques Barstarred

Card use has increased far quicker than many (including myself) thought it would, it's quicker and easier to pay for a drink in a pub contactless and as such more seem to be doing so, in fact if in a busy Wetherspoons you can stay at your table and order drinks via their online app, this jumps the queues at the bar.
You get served quicker too. I think the staff are told to prioritise the app customers over the peasants waving their cash at them.

Offline wylie anchor

And I've also gained a suspicion of those who add "consultant" to their job title that has just been reinforced...

+1  :thumbsdown:

Offline sparkus

You get served quicker too. I think the staff are told to prioritise the app customers over the peasants waving their cash at them.

One upside of the app, especially if you're a lone luncher on business trips like me, is that you do get to talk for a bit with the staff waiting on you as there's no chav or pensioner waving a fiver at them.

Offline BarryProudfoot

Anyone noticed over the past 6-9 months cash desks in shops are few and far between