Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: URGENT - Is this a scam?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline freddytb1

I've been met with a very unusual/interesting scenario and I'd like your guys take on it.

So I was swiping on Tinder earlier (you know, for that non-paid action) and came across a profile of a girl who said she was here to advertise massages. It said to add her on snapchat if interested, which I did. Note: I am currently staying in Lincoln for a short while and her distance was showing as a couple miles away.

She sent me a message on snapchat to stating that she was based in Embassy Suites by Hilton. I looked this up and fhat is actually in Lincoln, US. I asked her about this and she then stated a street in Lincoln, UK.

She said in order to book I'd need to book a slot on love-sparadise.com to put down a $3 downpayment then pay the massage fee in person. She said it's an international company that's why the currency is in dollars, and the online booking is for the security of the masseuses.

It smells a bit fishy to me but at the same time I'm wondering what the scam would be. I mean I guess they would have my credit card details but not the pin or anything.

What are your thoughts on this?

Offline badsin

Listen to your intuition, bin it and move on :hi:

Offline Cryton123

I would 100% write that off as a scam. No way would I go through all that  :timeout:

Offline Xtro

$3 x a load of idiots = A lot of dosh!!   :thumbsdown:

Offline Charlie Chalk

Punting Rule #1 - Never pay a deposit
Punting Rule #2 - Never forget Rule #1

Offline papak

That sounds like a bot on Tinder. Did she message you first? Does she not fully acknowledge your messages? Does she go straight into the link for the massage? Does she have 3 photos? If yes to any of these, it's a bot-scam.

Offline scutty brown

scam

you have to register with a credit card to join the site, and they want name / address / card number / CVV number
and thats before they even match you to a girl

Offline freddytb1

Thanks guys! I thought it would be dodgy but just needed to hear it. I was probably blinded by the prospect of a decent and good priced non-thai massage (I love thai massages btw)

Offline kingkong69

More dodgy then Del boy and Rodney

Online kippydon

never pay a deposit, just forget and move on

Offline bops909

That sounds like a bot on Tinder. Did she message you first? Does she not fully acknowledge your messages? Does she go straight into the link for the massage? Does she have 3 photos? If yes to any of these, it's a bot-scam.

Important to remember that it's probably a bot. Not even a human. If you're thinking "Who is going to go through all that for $3?"

Once it's been set up it can scam thousands of people at USD 3 a time without breaking a sweat.

Online Stickitin

Surprised they can be arsed with the effort for just $3, make it at least $20 ffs.....

Online kippydon

well $3 does not sound much, but if it has gone to alot of people the amount can soon rack up

Online Stickitin

well $3 does not sound much, but if it has gone to alot of people the amount can soon rack up

Aye and you get 10 gullible mugs paying, $30 well worth the effort......

Offline Drake

Yep, they probably have Tinder profiles across the world linking to that Snapchat bot meaning easily 100s of people a day.

$3 is a low enough amount where a lot of people won't bother trying to get it back via their bank. Or the card may well be charged in the future for a larger "subscription" fee.

Online Stickitin

Yep, they probably have Tinder profiles across the world linking to that Snapchat bot meaning easily 100s of people a day.

$3 is a low enough amount where a lot of people won't bother trying to get it back via their bank. Or the card may well be charged in the future for a larger "subscription" fee.

Either that or it’s a 15 year old trying to nick a tenner a day from his mums basement.....

Offline freddytb1

I mean the person on snapchat wasn't a bot because 'she' was answering my questions directly.
But I'm glad I didn't go through with it. Be wary chaps!

Offline Knny

I've been met with a very unusual/interesting scenario and I'd like your guys take on it.

So I was swiping on Tinder earlier (you know, for that non-paid action) and came across a profile of a girl who said she was here to advertise massages. It said to add her on snapchat if interested, which I did. Note: I am currently staying in Lincoln for a short while and her distance was showing as a couple miles away.

She sent me a message on snapchat to stating that she was based in Embassy Suites by Hilton. I looked this up and fhat is actually in Lincoln, US. I asked her about this and she then stated a street in Lincoln, UK.

She said in order to book I'd need to book a slot on love-sparadise.com to put down a $3 downpayment then pay the massage fee in person. She said it's an international company that's why the currency is in dollars, and the online booking is for the security of the masseuses.

It smells a bit fishy to me but at the same time I'm wondering what the scam would be. I mean I guess they would have my credit card details but not the pin or anything.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that you are too gullible.  FFS man, you can't let a tart on tinder make you jump through hoops.  Unless you are seeking famous stars/models, this malarkey should be easy/simple.