Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: profile and Alias on AW- How easy to reset  (Read 785 times)

Online highlander7777

hello

I did not realise that an Alias gets created against your profile and did this to split credit card and a lady said i had a profile with 2 user names. so i have deleted both now. so what would happen if i now created a new profile, would the other alias be added. How does this all work ?

Offline SeekingSteve

Sound like someone with something they are trying to hide. You will now have 3.

Offline bitofanovice

I believe (could be wrong) that the accounts are associated based on your IP Address.

One you log on from the same IP Address as a previously used profile then the alias gets created.

Offline PilotMan

I believe (could be wrong) that the accounts are associated based on your IP Address.

One you log on from the same IP Address as a previously used profile then the alias gets created.

That is correct, AW associate SS profiles based on your IP address. SP's can see if you have multiple profiles.

Online highlander7777

thanks . I would have assumed the Alias are created from the first created account. so if remove all accounts there would be no association. also , the IP will always change if you login in from different locations

Online scutty brown

there have been previous reports on here that if an account is not used for 3 months then the linking lapses.
So sit back, wait three months, create a new account and see what happens

Offline The Monk

Delete you AW change sim car on punting phone and setup a new account also have your house broadband router change with supplier both give you a new IP address.

Offline theejaculator

Delete you AW change sim car on punting phone and setup a new account also have your house broadband router change with supplier both give you a new IP address.

And why not move house too?  :wacko:

Offline PilotMan

And why not move house too?  :wacko:

And grow a beard, or shave it off, if you already have one. Put a fake accent on too, just to be double sure  :crazy:

Offline contentguy

Rebooting the router will probably change the IP address, it’s easy to check the address, reboot and see if it’s changed.

Offline PilotMan

Rebooting the router will probably change the IP address, it’s easy to check the address, reboot and see if it’s changed.

I don't think that will that change your Public IP address as allocated to you by your ISP?

I think you may be getting the internal IP address of your router confused with your public IP address, which is assigned to you and controlled by your ISP.

Your routers internal ip address is usually set as 192.168.001, rebooting the router doesn't normally change its Internal IP address either.

Online scutty brown

I don't think that will that change your Public IP address as allocated to you by your ISP?

I think you may be getting the internal IP address of your router confused with your public IP address, which is assigned to you and controlled by your ISP.

Your routers internal ip address is usually set as 192.168.001, rebooting the router doesn't normally change its Internal IP address either.

It's the external (i.e. public) IP address you need to change, and rebooting should change it for most ISPs if you leave it turned off for long enough. Turn it off, leave it off for at least an hour, then turn back on.
Of course if your ISP has given you a fixed IP address then that isn't going to work
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:08:05 pm by scutty brown »

Online highlander7777

thanks all. will leave it for 3 months and leave the router off for an hour . Moving house seems a little extreme :)

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
thanks all. will leave it for 3 months and leave the router off for an hour . Moving house seems a little extreme :)
Don't forget it will depend on whether it's a static or dynamic IP address.

Offline contentguy

I’m not getting confused.

The external IP on most connections is set by DCHP.
Rebooting the router, and as Scutty suggests, waiting an hour, probably gets you a new number.

Why change the internal IP?

Last time I looked, ISPs charge extra for fixed IP addresses.
Unless things have changed, the IP will be dynamic unless it’s a premium service.

Online scutty brown

Unless things have changed, the IP will be dynamic unless it’s a premium service.

Or unless you have grandfather rights to a fixed number ............. :music:

Offline contentguy

Or unless you have grandfather rights to a fixed number ............. :music:

Unlikely, but it got you a like  :hi:

Offline ico23

As above really.

Most IP addresses are dynamic ie: They are allocated when a device is connected. So, if you turn your broadband off and then back on a while later, your internet service provider will allocate you a different IP address.  Static IP addresses are usually a paid for service.  Your service provider will, however, keep a log of the IP addresses assigned to you.

You can check quite easily if you have a static or dynamic IP address by..............

(Windows)
Click the search icon on the taskbar.
Type "Command Prompt"
In Command Prompt type"ipconfig/all"

In all the computer nerd text there is a heading "Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection"

Under which is a heading "DHCP Enabled"  If it says "Yes" your IP is dynamic and can change.  If "No" it's a static IP address that never changes.       

Online scutty brown

As above really.

Most IP addresses are dynamic ie: They are allocated when a device is connected. So, if you turn your broadband off and then back on a while later, your internet service provider will allocate you a different IP address.  Static IP addresses are usually a paid for service.  Your service provider will, however, keep a log of the IP addresses assigned to you.

You can check quite easily if you have a static or dynamic IP address by..............

(Windows)
Click the search icon on the taskbar.
Type "Command Prompt"
In Command Prompt type"ipconfig/all"

In all the computer nerd text there is a heading "Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection"

Under which is a heading "DHCP Enabled"  If it says "Yes" your IP is dynamic and can change.  If "No" it's a static IP address that never changes.     

that is the INTERNAL address of the PC on the local network. We need to reset the EXTERNAL internet-facing address on the router

Offline ico23

Unless you're paying your ISP for additional services, your router IP address is pretty much always dynamic and will change over time/on-off/rebooting etc.

The router will then assign dynamic addresses to individual devices on that network. So, your correct, turning off the router for a bit should change your IP address.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 10:26:24 pm by ico23 »

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Here yer go, just clik this and it'll tell you!...

External Link/Members Only

Offline Punting2022

USE VPN and register a new account as Offereing services. Always log in using VPN etc. No Alias appears and also after a few months change to Seeking services

Online highlander7777

thanks @punting2022. will download a VPN and interesting option to open a new account as offering services !. As I am using standard BT , I am using DHCP

Offline SeekingSteve

A lot of providers that use dynamic addressing for residential connections, set their lease times to months. The pool of addresses will be broken down into smaller chunks for areas, usually based on postcode. Chances are even if you get a new address, at somepoint, you will be back on the one you wanted rid of.

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
thanks @punting2022. will download a VPN and interesting option to open a new account as offering services !. As I am using standard BT , I am using DHCP

This may not be the best advice.

If you register as a service provider on AW you will need to supply photo id such as a passport or driving licence,  they will want a full face picture and other information before they will verify your account, this can take up to 7 days but normally happens within 24 hours provided Theydon need any extra information.
Once registered as a Service provider you will not be able to access the site by using a VPN as this flags on the system and earns you a ban, normally a 7 day temporary ban to begin but further incidents will result in a permanent ban.

I don't know if service seekers can access AW via VPN without issues as I've never tried.

Online highlander7777

Thanks , @misswolf. thanks for the feedback , looks like i need to wait 3 months then rejoin