Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cannot send a pm or view post history anymore?  (Read 9589 times)

Offline advent2016

If you're replying to a PM sent to you it should just work with no delays, though I expect you'll find you're limited in the number you can send in a day - probably three

That's why I'm asking.
A user sent me a msg. I wanted to ask a forum helper for advice and he sent me a reply. I tried to reply and got the spam message.

I replied to the user, he sent me another message, and when I tried to reply I got the anti spam message.

So I tried PMing DavieM, and got the anti spam wait 12 hours message, a hence I'm here.  The other parties will probably see this convo. It might like I'm talking out of turn.

If you can send me a PM I can maybe ask you and maybe redact this posting.
Don't worry, it's not anything important.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I can send limited PMs. I don't send or receive many, probably only once or twice a year.

I don't want to get a ban!

I want to reply to a PM from a forum helper.
Do I have to wait 12 hours and does he/she have to wait 12 hours to reply to me.  - I just want to understand the time. I'm fine by abiding. I like to plan stuff.

If I PM a moderator do the same rules apply? presumably not, although I did get the message when I tried to PM Daviemac
I don't think I'm  attempting to circumvent / reveal inner workings of the PM system.

I realise I can use the contact button, but I want to converse with a particular forum_helper about a technical subject and that might be long winded if the person on the end of the contact form has to send it to the person, they reply and it is sent back. That would seem to me to be an abuse of the contact system.

I don't want to take the discussion outside UKP as that might mean revealing real(other fake) email addresses and unintended consequences.
I'm afraid the rules are that those with PM facilities are restricted to how many can be sent in a day, it's to prevent members exchanging too much information that might be of benefit to all between themselves.

Whether or not the recipient of the PM you sent can reply immediately will depend if he has reached his limit. I understand the frustration but it's a case of the few who have misused the system spoiling it for the rest.

If you need to contact a mod or you need a mod to PM you just report any of your posts and ask and we'll get back to you.

Hope this helps.

Offline advent2016

I'm afraid the rules are that those with PM facilities are restricted to how many can be sent in a day, it's to prevent members exchanging too much information that might be of benefit to all between themselves.

Whether or not the recipient of the PM you sent can reply immediately will depend if he has reached his limit. I understand the frustration but it's a case of the few who have misused the system spoiling it for the rest.

If you need to contact a mod or you need a mod to PM you just report any of your posts and ask and we'll get back to you.

Hope this helps.

Yes that helps, thanks again.

Offline MrMohican

A question for one of the admins - a new notification has arrived at the top of my messages page highlighted in yellow.

"Your account can only reply to messages recieved from other members, you cannot send messages to other members that have not contacted you before".

Is this a new restriction? I'm pretty sure I've sent unsolicited messages to members on here before and received replies.
I'm not a serial message-er and have never abused the system or used the messaging to do anything underhand. I normally only contact a member if Im seeking clarification on something written in a review or a post.

Bit confused why other members on here can contact me with an unsolicited message but I can only reply. Can anyone explain?

Offline MrMohican

Thanks. I read the posts on that link but I think Im more confused after reading it than I was before.

Offline Bassman

It’s odd. Apparently not related to post and review numbers.

I had a message from a member with way less posts, reviews than I. Nothing in his post history would IMO make him a valuable member who adds valuable input which I assume would be a reason for being able to send messages, without having received one from the person you are messaging, these days

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
As this is turning into a repeat discussion I'll merge it with the dedicated thread on the subject.