Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Donate to Forum Via Bitcoin?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Nintendo

Hi All, I saw on the announcement board that we are able to donate to this website to help out with coding etc.

Does anyone know if we can donate via bitcoin or other crypto's? I love this site and really want to help by donating some loose change I have.

P.S. I would've replied to the initial thread but it seems to be locked.

Cheers

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
Hi All, I saw on the announcement board that we are able to donate to this website to help out with coding etc.

Does anyone know if we can donate via bitcoin or other crypto's? I love this site and really want to help by donating some loose change I have.

P.S. I would've replied to the initial thread but it seems to be locked.

Cheers

Donations are currently only possible by sending a Voucher as covered on the initial thread referred to.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner

Offline Chalky727

You can send me some Bitcoin if you have plenty spare !   :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

You can send me some Bitcoin if you have plenty spare !   :D

I have read articles on Bitcoin, also watched many You-Tube videos, I am still none the wiser, am I the only person in the world who doesn’t understand how it works. ??????

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
I have read articles on Bitcoin, also watched many You-Tube videos, I am still none the wiser, am I the only person in the world who doesn’t understand how it works. ??????

Try this article
External Link/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

Try this article

Thanks, but I am still none the wiser.     :crazy: :crazy:

So I decide to put £10,000 into Bitcoin, where does that real money end up going.  :unknown: :unknown:

Offline teddyking

So I decide to put £10,000 into Bitcoin, where does that real money end up going.  :unknown: :unknown:

Into the wallets of the people that “mine” bitcoin
Banned reason: Sarcastic twat of a troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline snaitram99

Into the wallets of the people that “mine” bitcoin

Or those that sell some, to cash out into "real" money presumably. The last two sentences of the BBC article linked are all anyone thinking of buying now needs to read. The price is very volatile and investors can lose a lot of money.
Of course some people have made a lot of money, mostly those who got in early. No doubt the same happened with the South Sea Bubble and Dutch tulip mania, as long as they cashed out before the crash.
IMHO it's an illusion to be avoided, unless like Elon Musk you can influence the price significantly (which may be illegal and is certainly still risky) :hi:

Offline cotton

Jimmy , lets say you were buying 1 bitcoin off me - you pay me the going rate for i bitcoin , cash into bank or any other method of payment we agree.  When payment has been completed i transfer 1 bitcoin into the bitcoin wallet you have given.  Bitcoin wallet is like a bitcoin bank account. Its very simple the real money goes to the seller of the bitcoin same if you were buying anything.  :hi:

Online anotherwoody69

The issue as I see it is not around storage (keeping it safe) or even being able to freely spend it, but its value when compared to cash.

You work and get paid, simple. The value of what you have been paid sits in "cash" that has today a buying power, that buying power does get eroded over time by inflation however in recent years that erosion has been less than a few percent. Whilst interest rates on saving today are almost nothing you can offset some of the erosion with an interest return.
In simple terms then, you know pretty much month to month and year to year where you are.

Bitcoin though has an incredibly volatile structure.
If you swap £10,000 into Bitcoin today it could be worth £15,000 next week or even £5,000. It would make sense if you swapped and spent the money almost simultaneously, but nothing else.

Whilst recent increases in the "value" of Bitcoin have been cheered by some, it simply enforces the argument that it is an investment - no different to gold, shares or even wine.
It will only become more mainstream when it doesn't fluctuate, perhaps moves no more than 5% a year (similar to an average currency pair in a normal year).

After all, would you work hard for a month and get paid only to see your wages half on pay day.... 

Offline gbyld87

Jimmy , lets say you were buying 1 bitcoin off me - you pay me the going rate for i bitcoin , cash into bank or any other method of payment we agree.  When payment has been completed i transfer 1 bitcoin into the bitcoin wallet you have given.  Bitcoin wallet is like a bitcoin bank account. Its very simple the real money goes to the seller of the bitcoin same if you were buying anything.  :hi:

You can also buy into Bitcoin via services like Revolut, which is easier and actually cheaper for smaller amounts, but gives you essentially shares in BTC rather than actually owning them (and without the steps required to obtain a wallet, account, store keys, buy and sell via an exchange, etc).  You won't 'HAVE' any bitcoins, but you'll be able to gamble on it, which is all anyone's doing when they buy in.  Call it 'investing' if it makes you feel better  :wacko:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:19:47 am by gbyld87 »

Offline Buttons

The issue as I see it is not around storage (keeping it safe) or even being able to freely spend it, but its value when compared to cash.

You work and get paid, simple. The value of what you have been paid sits in "cash" that has today a buying power, that buying power does get eroded over time by inflation however in recent years that erosion has been less than a few percent. Whilst interest rates on saving today are almost nothing you can offset some of the erosion with an interest return.
In simple terms then, you know pretty much month to month and year to year where you are.

Bitcoin though has an incredibly volatile structure.
If you swap £10,000 into Bitcoin today it could be worth £15,000 next week or even £5,000. It would make sense if you swapped and spent the money almost simultaneously, but nothing else.

Whilst recent increases in the "value" of Bitcoin have been cheered by some, it simply enforces the argument that it is an investment - no different to gold, shares or even wine.
It will only become more mainstream when it doesn't fluctuate, perhaps moves no more than 5% a year (similar to an average currency pair in a normal year).

After all, would you work hard for a month and get paid only to see your wages half on pay day....

I think it is more like a risky investment in shares. I’m no expert here, but I agree with you at the moment why would anyone choose to get paid in crypto currency until it is more regulated....which kind of goes against part of the philosophy. I suspect in the main anyone investing in Bitcoin etc at the moment only do it with money they can afford to lose

Offline Xtro

Crypto is now welcome :drinks:

Wasn't that the name of Superman's dog?   :rolleyes:   ;) 

Offline Last Samurai

Given the new joining fee - advise not to endorse BlockChain. Awful awful platform and interface - couldn’t send BTC to UKP, complaint open.

CoinBase much easier and payment made smoothly efficiently  :thumbsup:
Banned reason: previously banned troll
Banned by: Ali Katt

Online David50

Not that I’m saying you would but what is to stop someone from not sending the bitcoins when I have sent the money to their bank account.  ?

Offline cotton

Not that I’m saying you would but what is to stop someone from not sending the bitcoins when I have sent the money to their bank account.  ?
Well lets take a localbitcoin transaction cos thats the exchange im familiar with.  Ive personally never experienced a problem  and ive never expected to experience a problem either because there are systems in place to both avoid and deal with any potential problems.  Traders are rated and have feedback so you can choose an apparently established and trustworthy one.  Also the deal is made and agreed on localbitcoins  ,  any problem and you can dispute it , both parties have wallets on localbitcoins , the dealer will have btc held in some kind of escrow pending the completion (finalisation or cancellation) of the exchange.  So in the event of a problem if you can prove you made payment as required you should get your BTC.

Offline tynetunnel

Given the new joining fee - advise not to endorse BlockChain. Awful awful platform and interface - couldn’t send BTC to UKP, complaint open.

CoinBase much easier and payment made smoothly efficiently  :thumbsup:
Presumably this banned member did pay the £20 and still got banned!  :rolleyes:

Offline filthy.john

Or those that sell some, to cash out into "real" money presumably. The last two sentences of the BBC article linked are all anyone thinking of buying now needs to read. The price is very volatile and investors can lose a lot of money.
Of course some people have made a lot of money, mostly those who got in early. No doubt the same happened with the South Sea Bubble and Dutch tulip mania, as long as they cashed out before the crash.
IMHO it's an illusion to be avoided, unless like Elon Musk you can influence the price significantly (which may be illegal and is certainly still risky) :hi:

I've actually bought and hold various cryptos in small amounts - less than 3 figures all in - they're 'worth' more than double my initial stake. I've also bought a number of books on the subject and whilst I fully believe in blockchains and was really sold on the way they used Ethereum to underpin the purchase of goods in the refugee camps - I still really struggle with getting with how its valued. I agree that there seems to be a great deal of illusion about it. It isn't 'untraceable'. There are actually more costs involved with buying/selling and moving the stuff around than there is with a fiat currency - I just really struggle to see where all this value is coming from - it really is, in my opinion, just an illusion. Its the currency version of the emperors new clothes if you ask me - and this from someone who has some.

Offline gbyld87

I've actually bought and hold various cryptos in small amounts - less than 3 figures all in - they're 'worth' more than double my initial stake. I've also bought a number of books on the subject and whilst I fully believe in blockchains and was really sold on the way they used Ethereum to underpin the purchase of goods in the refugee camps - I still really struggle with getting with how its valued. I agree that there seems to be a great deal of illusion about it. It isn't 'untraceable'. There are actually more costs involved with buying/selling and moving the stuff around than there is with a fiat currency - I just really struggle to see where all this value is coming from - it really is, in my opinion, just an illusion. Its the currency version of the emperors new clothes if you ask me - and this from someone who has some.

Regarding how crypto is actually 'valued', it's only 'worth' what someone's willing to pay for it - see NFTs.  This is true for pretty much all assets and resources.

Fear, greed and FOMO have driven it this high in my opinion, and will surely continue to be the main contributing factors whether that's applied to retail or institutional investors: External Link/Members Only

It's true that blockchain technology has the potential to unlock additional value and application outside simply storing and transferring wealth, but that has little bearing on the value of the tokens used to facilitate it.

Offline ratedj

I think it is more like a risky investment in shares. I’m no expert here, but I agree with you at the moment why would anyone choose to get paid in crypto currency until it is more regulated....which kind of goes against part of the philosophy. I suspect in the main anyone investing in Bitcoin etc at the moment only do it with money they can afford to lose

NFL player Russell Okung requested that half of his $13 million contract for 2020 be paid via Bitcoin. Currently that move seems to be working out for him.

Offline filthy.john

Regarding how crypto is actually 'valued', it's only 'worth' what someone's willing to pay for it - see NFTs.  This is true for pretty much all assets and resources.

Fear, greed and FOMO have driven it this high in my opinion, and will surely continue to be the main contributing factors whether that's applied to retail or institutional investors: External Link/Members Only

It's true that blockchain technology has the potential to unlock additional value and application outside simply storing and transferring wealth, but that has little bearing on the value of the tokens used to facilitate it.

Of course that's the simple reality - but usually something has a tangible, intrinsic value (a commodity), or it's underwritten by a state bank - a government promise (fiat currency). I dont see where that underlying value exists with crypto. It is all make believe.