Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: STIs  (Read 2023 times)

Offline WKD123

Right, I know this kind of thing has been discussed many times, but I'd like some advice and nothing seems to quite answer my questions

As the week has gone on, I have had more and more discomfort having a pee and the need to go has increased - I had my second Hep B vac the week before last and popped in for an STI test early this week but didn't have any symptoms at the time, so didn't mention it. I "home tested" for UTI and it seemed to come up positive, so went to the GP who said it was negative so the most likely cause was an STI. I know, I know, too many TLAs!

Question is - do I leave it until I get the results and then deal with treatment?  Is there a risk in leaving it for the 2-3 weeks it takes for the results to come back?  I tried looking for immediate test clinics, but they are so bloody expensive and I guess they couldn't then start treatment anyway. NHS are closed over the weekend, so I'm sitting here starting to stew and panic a little...

I'm not asking, expecting you to be medically competent to answer, just based on your experience of dealing with STIs..... if you don't want to publicly post, then do please PM me.

Thanks for any sage advice you can pass on.....

Online hendrix

You could get to Dean Street Express for same day results (NHS) on Monday?

Offline Zimbaman

Right, I know this kind of thing has been discussed many times, but I'd like some advice and nothing seems to quite answer my questions

As the week has gone on, I have had more and more discomfort having a pee and the need to go has increased - I had my second Hep B vac the week before last and popped in for an STI test early this week but didn't have any symptoms at the time, so didn't mention it. I "home tested" for UTI and it seemed to come up positive, so went to the GP who said it was negative so the most likely cause was an STI. I know, I know, too many TLAs!

Question is - do I leave it until I get the results and then deal with treatment?  Is there a risk in leaving it for the 2-3 weeks it takes for the results to come back?  I tried looking for immediate test clinics, but they are so bloody expensive and I guess they couldn't then start treatment anyway. NHS are closed over the weekend, so I'm sitting here starting to stew and panic a little...

I'm not asking, expecting you to be medically competent to answer, just based on your experience of dealing with STIs..... if you don't want to publicly post, then do please PM me.

Waiting a few weeks for STI treatment will cause you no harm. Discomfort yes. Harm, no. Of course a forum is the wrong place to ask. Why didn't you ask your GP this when you spoke to them?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:58:27 am by Zimbaman »

vw

Go to your local gum clinic and tell them, they will inject your arse and give you the tablets there and then. 

vw

You could get to Dean Street Express for same day results (NHS) on Monday?

if he has symptoms, should go to 56 dean street rather than express

External Link/Members Only

Offline WKD123

Thanks for the advice guys - Dean Street is a bit of a trek for me, so I won't be able to make it today. I'll get in touch with my clinic Monday and see if describing the symptoms means that a) they will expedite my test and b) they suggest I get my arse down for a more immediate test and if positive then start some treatment.  :(

Reassured that leaving it will just extend the pain, not necessarily cause any long term damage - I didn't mention it to my local GP because (and I have no reason to say this, really), its quite a close knit community and I feel uncomfortable with them knowing. Just nodded my head when they gave me the local Sexual Health Clinic details.

If it is an STI, then I'd say poor bloody luck after just 4 shags!

Offline jordan452

Get you self down to your local GUM clinic as soon a possible, and tell them about increased pain since your last testing they will give you the correct advise. Pain in your penis sometimes happens after rough sex or due to toothy oral around the nob, however your describing pain in your urethra sounds like a STI.

Online scutty brown

VW is correct

All the GUM clinics I know will give the antibiotics in suspicion of an infection "just in case"
The test simply justifies the decision they've already made. When I went with symptoms of the clap they treated me immediately, for both gonorrhea and chlamydia, then did tests to see just what strain I had, and to see if there was anything worse (i.e. pox, HIV)
Get treated ASAP if only for comfort - the green slime that comes out can be bloody irritant to the foreskin

Offline Malvolio

There's no point in being shy when you go to see your GP - I'm sure he/she has seen a lot worse than STIs.

Offline Sir Lance-a-lot

Sounds like non-specific urethritis - which is medical jargon for "you have an infection in your piss-pipe, fuck knows where it came from".

If so, it will probably heal naturally, but antibiotics will help.  Unlikely to cause lasting damage.

Online arrow0404

Superdrug prescribes antibiotic treatment for STIs Without prescriptions.
Simply go online to their website.usually you can pick up same day (3hours) at there pharmacy or get it delivered next day.

Online scutty brown

Simply go online to their website.usually you can pick up same day (3hours) at there pharmacy or get it delivered next day.

What fucking use is that if you don't know what bugs you've caught and whether the drugs are relevant?
Self-prescribing antibiotics is a dangerous game. See a clinic

Offline punk

How do they know that they are giving the patient,the right treatment?for their condition.

Offline AnthG

so went to the GP who said it was negative so the most likely cause was an STI.

But your GP can test for that, and probably should have done. The benefits of GUM is these tests don't show on your medical files so do not have any future issues with having positive results for an STI.

What did your GP say to you about the symptoms you were experiencing as the GP wouldn't just say, you got an all clear so don't care no more.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Online arrow0404

How do they know that they are giving the patient,the right treatment?for their condition.

They ask an online questionnaire.
Go on it have a browse

Offline WKD123

@Anthg. The GP told me it was likely to be an STI and helpfully gave me details of the local ones. At the clinic now with the usual hours to wait but need to get this sorted by the professionals ASAP!

Professor4

Out of interest why do you think you have an STI? You been going bareback with girls ? Or perhaps caught off wife?

Offline Ridiculousiknow

'Hep B vac'? Being a newbie to this game I had no idea - is this something I should get? And are there other things I should be doing to protect myself?

Offline Stalinator

'Hep B vac'? Being a newbie to this game I had no idea - is this something I should get? And are there other things I should be doing to protect myself?

All punters should get the Hep B vaccine. It is a no brainer.

vw

Out of interest why do you think you have an STI? You been going bareback with girls ? Or perhaps caught off wife?

OWO is low risk but possible, could be a UTI or NSU.

Best just get him tested then treated if needed.

Offline WKD123

Well, what a relief! :)

Just got the test results back from the clinic I visited before all this kicked off and all clear. ....

Regarding the problem, another clinic I went to on Monday morning have taken a swab from the knob and a urine sample, but doctor reckons it is a fungal infection (male version of Thrush!) and has given me antibiotics and a cream to apply. No idea if my recent OWO activity was the cause, I certainly don't go for BB!  The fungus can in turn lead to some infection in the pipes, or general swelling causing pain during a piss.

Note to others - if you are having a knob swab, do NOT go for a piss beforehand including taking a sample. Apparently, the doc should have told me the order to do this in, so the nurse said the swab might not reveal as much as it could....

Thanks again for the varied comments and advice - I know this is not an online self help group  :rolleyes: but its good to get comments from the more experienced amongst you!

Online arrow0404

Well, what a relief! :)

Just got the test results back from the clinic I visited before all this kicked off and all clear. ....

Regarding the problem, another clinic I went to on Monday morning have taken a swab from the knob and a urine sample, but doctor reckons it is a fungal infection (male version of Thrush!) and has given me antibiotics and a cream to apply. No idea if my recent OWO activity was the cause, I certainly don't go for BB!  The fungus can in turn lead to some infection in the pipes, or general swelling causing pain during a piss.

Note to others - if you are having a knob swab, do NOT go for a piss beforehand including taking a sample. Apparently, the doc should have told me the order to do this in, so the nurse said the swab might not reveal as much as it could....

Thanks again for the varied comments and advice - I know this is not an online self help group  :rolleyes: but its good to get comments from the more experienced amongst you!

For the urine test to be accurate your not supposed to pee for at least 2 hours beforehand.

I recently went to the GUM (all clear)
SWAB
Bloods
Urine
In that order