Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Just read in the news your iPhone tracks your journeys  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Sebco

Just read an article saying your iPhone tracks your most frequent journeys. Checked my phone and low and behold shows my most popular journeys! I cleared it, but if my Partner had read the article and got to my phone I’d be doomed! Be aware!

Online Name Not Found

Be aware that Google also tracks your whereabouts, even if you've turned location tracking off.

There's no escape....

Online jeanphillipe

Be aware that Google also tracks your whereabouts, even if you've turned location tracking off.

There's no escape....

ive often wondered about this, how they do this i mean, apparently when even if your offline it records the data and then sends to google when your online !.

how does the phone know where your going if gps/location data is turned off ?

Offline devongent

Turn off your normal phones wifi and location information.
Assuming your punting phone has some data, use that for maps.

Offline funfungoodguy

Mobiles are logged at all locations whether you are phoning or not, by the phone masts/beacons. Your movements can be tracked some time back if necessary by the authorities who can also call up all your text messages. This can all be produced in court for example to show locations and messaging. This is used routinely by the police tracking criminals, and in other kinds of court cases. Your Google maps on your phone will record all your movements (I think by map/ GPS technology) and can easily be called up in 'Your timeline'. The history ages back is recorded for all to see. Dependent upon how your other internet identity is set up you may even get a monthly email with your Google movement history there for anybody to see.  This means that even if you have a Punting phone, you may also have your personal phone in your car or bag or pocket when you might prefer not to be tracked. Leave it elsewhere or take the battery out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:42:55 pm by funfungoodguy »

Offline King Kenny

This is simple to sort out. Go to Privacy> Location Services>System Services > and then make sure the Significant Locations at the bottom should be turned off.

Offline BernardBlack

Just read an article saying your iPhone tracks your most frequent journeys. Checked my phone and low and behold shows my most popular journeys! I cleared it, but if my Partner had read the article and got to my phone I’d be doomed! Be aware!

Another good reason to have a strong pin / password on phone to prevent anyone looking at it without your permission.

Offline Stiltskin

This is used routinely by the police tracking criminals, and in other kinds of court cases.

They also have a good way of finding out who owns a burner phone. If you turn the burner on in your own house they can grab the owner details for all the phones close by, which can give them a good idea of who you are and where you live.

Offline s0whatsnew?

They also have a good way of finding out who owns a burner phone. If you turn the burner on in your own house they can grab the owner details for all the phones close by, which can give them a good idea of who you are and where you live.

Yes.  The way this works;  its not the case that each phone has its own frequency with which it calls up the nearest base station.   Rather, what happens is that each phone is continuously 'sniffing' the air/base station to see what the best available frequency is if and when you make a call or txt.   Taking the battery out of all phones when not in use is a pretty good idea.

Offline funfungoodguy

...And if your 'personal' phone is actually one issued by your work/ employer/ a family contract with several.....   then the relevant person at your work (possibly a department miles or away or even abroad depending on who you work for) could easily set things up so they know your movements. That might lead to some difficult explaining. Removing the batteries is probably the only way to not be tracked but that in turn leaves a 'dead' patch on the timeline.....   

Offline FunfortimFunfortim

If you use a cheap “calls only” mobile you should be safe. Yes MI5 could track you if they wanted to but they are kind of busy keeping tabs on “other sorts” of people.
If your life is to difficult to keep a small mobile private then you have other problems.
Banned reason: duplicate account
Banned by: Head1