Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Being a Dom / Sub (how to)?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline bhudda

I guess I'm in the 10% then.  ;)   Here's a link to a study that (according to wiki) says 88% of women prefer the submissive role.
External Link/Members Only

It's a bit of a generalisation, as said most women (& men) only like being submissive in fairly mild / non kinky ways.  But I think it helps support the point that it can be well worth some punters making the effort to learn how to be a dom.  As it's something many women appreciate when it's done right, and the dom / sub dynamic can bring a lot of pleasure to all involved.  Here's a link about studies showing the benefits:

Apparently to read that article i would need to pay $22 ... which im not inclined to do. Perhals a link to the relevant wiki? Id search myself but not sure what to search for.

Offline jesse4585

Apparently to read that article i would need to pay $22 ... which im not inclined to do. Perhals a link to the relevant wiki? Id search myself but not sure what to search for.

Anything to be of service  :) External Link/Members Only

Offline bhudda

Anything to be of service  :) External Link/Members Only

Mabe I'm being thick or maybe you have missed the first sentence in that paragraph?

Several recent studies have been conducted on the gender differences and personality traits of BDSM practitioners

i.e. not general population but people who practice BDSM. Also, from the bit of the article you can read without paying it suggests their "study" involved interviewing 9 doms and 11 or 12 subs (can't remember the exact number) ... so not so much a study as a chat at a party ...

Offline jesse4585

Mabe I'm being thick or maybe you have missed the first sentence in that paragraph?

Several recent studies have been conducted on the gender differences and personality traits of BDSM practitioners

i.e. not general population but people who practice BDSM. Also, from the bit of the article you can read without paying it suggests their "study" involved interviewing 9 doms and 11 or 12 subs (can't remember the exact number) ... so not so much a study as a chat at a party ...
You're not being thick but perhaps you're not interpreting the info like a scientist would.  The study included semi structured interviews with only 21 people, in an attempt to gain insights not available from the raw numbers.  But the 88% stat was obviously derived from a wider pool.

Here's another 'study' for you,  derived by surveying 1000 women from the general population, which found 'a full 91% of respondents said it clearly: They wanted a man to take charge in the bedroom."  
Granted its not a formal academic study,  but the guy who made it is a well regarded researcher in the field.

I'm going to reply further on this as Im not here to engage in technical  debate.  Just want to learn about the hobby & if I can make the odd contribution that's helpful to other punters.  Our chat here is possibly already becoming boring to most....

Just to clarify though the last thing I'm trying to argue is that old fashioned gender stereotypes are correct.  Or that most women can enjoy hardcore BDSM. As above,  my opinion is

* only a tiny minority of men & woman enjoy hard core BDMS
* but a large majority of women enjoy being mildly dominated / the man taking the lead,  as long as its done with a little caring.
* possibly all men, and certainly at least a large minority, can enjoy being submissive too. Both sexes can probably enjoy both sides.
* when done well without going to extremes,  the dom/sub dynamic can be a good intensifier for sexual enjoyment for both the man & woman

I don't think Im saying much that conflicts much with what more knowledgeable folk on the scene have said, like Ali Kat.    My central point was to suggest learning how to be at least a mild dom can pay off nicely for punters.

On a personal note,  while so far I've always been a mild dom,   I'd love to try being a sub.  But being dominated by someone that doesn't care about me doesn't appeal, so not tempted to punt with most dominatrixes.  And while a couple of my few civvie gfs have joked about switching, none of them actually went through with it, despite encouragement.  From my research,  StormyLondon comes across as being an unusually caring person, so maybe some time I'll try to book a sub session with her.  If so I'll of course review!

Offline bhudda

You're not being thick but perhaps you're not interpreting the info like a scientist would.  The study included semi structured interviews with only 21 people, in an attempt to gain insights not available from the raw numbers.  But the 88% stat was obviously derived from a wider pool.

obviously?

Best to let this drop ... I've already made my mind up about whether you talk nonsense  :hi:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:17:33 am by bhudda »

Offline tessex7544

Being a sub can be bloody (litterally) humiliating but at the same time quite liberating. I quite get into the violence of it which is absent (thank goodness) from my everyday mundane life. It is quite a adrenaline rush to be hit about and it rather concentrates your mind (a bit like sex). When the beatings end and you are comforted is such a relief. Weird I know and I never would have guessed I would have found myself seeing a prodom.