Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: voip phone for smartphone?  (Read 722 times)

Offline resistantpolaroid

A punting phone is the way to go. But I hate having two phones! And if I have guests I don't want to answer questions like "why do you have two phones?".
Is there something like a voip phone, an app for my smartphone, that has a landline number? How cool would it be?

Offline YorkshireLad

A lot of prossies won't answer a landline number.

Offline captainahab

Might be worth looking into dual sim phones when you next upgrade.

nightrider.1234

A punting phone is the way to go. But I hate having two phones! And if I have guests I don't want to answer questions like "why do you have two phones?".
Is there something like a voip phone, an app for my smartphone, that has a landline number? How cool would it be?

You could try an app called Vyke, or if you go to the App Store or Google Play and type in second phone app then maybe you could find similar apps to Vyke that could be better then Vyke depending on their ratings. Also those apps work by using wifi and mobile data so be mindful of that.

Offline scutty brown

I use this program
External Link/Members Only
It only works for outgoing calls - it has to be linked to  a real number for incoming

I tend to use it more for business: making calls via the internet via public WIFI in areas with no mobile phone signal. Its a lifesaver at times in places like the Lake District

Offline resistantpolaroid

Great tips, thank you. Dual sim phone! This is genius, I have to admit.

JamesFD

Great tips, thank you. Dual sim phone! This is genius, I have to admit.
There are loads available now, although Android not iPhones. Just search Amazon for "Dual SIM"

Offline timsussex

Offline PatMacGroin

With a Dual-Sim Smart Phone, isn't there a risk that the punting sim will be linked to the social media used with your real life sim? (e.g. WG's numbers uploaded to Facebook as contacts? Locations visited while using punting sim being added to google/facebook gps trackers?)

Or does each sim open a completely separate operating system, with different home page, different apps installed, different default user logins for email etc?

I'd assume either the operating systems have some cross over for each sim. Or that running two separate operating systems from the same phone means that you use twice as much of the internal memory on the phone.

Been considering this option recently, but haven't done any research yet. I had an old dual sim nokia 3230 years ago, and found that very handy, but haven't considered dual sim phones again til now. If anyone is using a dual SIM smart phone and can talk from their experience I'd be interested to hear it, save me a lot of reading.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:56:39 am by PatMacGroin »

Offline timsussex

The last dual sim smartphone I had  4 years ago was a Chinese copy of a Samsung galaxy s3
You could connect both sims and choose one as the default for outgoing calls messages and internet access or you could switch one off - so even incoming calls wouldn't ring.  I don't use Facebook and  never checked but it seemed like removing the sim

Biggest disadvantage was it halved battery life(which wasn't great anyway) if both sims were active

Offline pewpewpew

With a Dual-Sim Smart Phone, isn't there a risk that the punting sim will be linked to the social media used with your real life sim? (e.g. WG's numbers uploaded to Facebook as contacts? Locations visited while using punting sim being added to google/facebook gps trackers?)

Or does each sim open a completely separate operating system, with different home page, different apps installed, different default user logins for email etc?

I'd assume either the operating systems have some cross over for each sim. Or that running two separate operating systems from the same phone means that you use twice as much of the internal memory on the phone.

Been considering this option recently, but haven't done any research yet. I had an old dual sim nokia 3230 years ago, and found that very handy, but haven't considered dual sim phones again til now. If anyone is using a dual SIM smart phone and can talk from their experience I'd be interested to hear it, save me a lot of reading.
This is quite a good question. I've considered dual sims before and never even thought of the implications.

Hopefully someone will know or i'll have to look it up myself

Offline scutty brown

there is still stock knocking around on Amazon/Ebay of new Nokia dual-sim basic feature phones, ideal for use as punting phones
two examples
no risk of any software crossover issues with these

Offline hungrypunt

Try hushed

works well, and you can change numbers at any time