Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Massage for cardiac patients?  (Read 495 times)

Offline Duron

(Not sure which forum I should ask this)

I'm a 'cardiac pateint' - had a bypass 12 years ago, and 2 stents after a mild (silent) heart attack this year.
The cardiac rehabilitation nurse told us that massage is not recommended for cardiac patients. Any doctors here to comment on this?

It's a bummer of course! I was looking forward to more sensual massage ... :(

The reason she gave was , increased heart rate from the massage. I didn't ask about 'sensual massage', but I'm sure as the group was 90% male I couldn't have been the only one wanting to ask!!

Offline Cervixbanger

(Not sure which forum I should ask this)

I'm a 'cardiac pateint' - had a bypass 12 years ago, and 2 stents after a mild (silent) heart attack this year.
The cardiac rehabilitation nurse told us that massage is not recommended for cardiac patients. Any doctors here to comment on this?

It's a bummer of course! I was looking forward to more sensual massage ... :(

The reason she gave was , increased heart rate from the massage. I didn't ask about 'sensual massage', but I'm sure as the group was 90% male I couldn't have been the only one wanting to ask!!

I'm not a doctor but your cardiac rehab nurse is entirely correct. No legit ITEC qualified therapist would agree to massage you without a doctors letter saying it was ok in your particular case.

Offline dobob

I'm not a doctor but your cardiac rehab nurse is entirely correct. No legit ITEC qualified therapist would agree to massage you without a doctors letter saying it was ok in your particular case.

The OP was asking for a doctor to comment. What are your qualifications to pontificate thus?

Cheers!

Offline ZeroCount

Sounds like something worth checking with your GP about, rather than taking advice from a punting forum, but I'm sure you know that.

It seems odd to me that massage in particular would give you such a raised heart rate, compared to say sex, or indeed any other form of exercise. Have they warned you off those things too?

Offline jj28

The OP was asking for a doctor to comment. What are your qualifications to pontificate thus?

Cheers!

:lol:

Offline Cervixbanger

Cheers!

I have seen the ITEC course notes and anything related to cardiac disease is regarded as a contraindication to massage without doctor's approval. Probably worth adding that the same applies to spa use (sauna, steam room etc). 

JamesFD

That all sounds a bit odd as the massage bit always relaxes me & I'm sure my heart rate goes down. How come they reckon sex is ok as long as you aren't swinging from the chandeliers?

Offline Duron

Yes, they also talked about sauna use. Stay on the lower benches etc.
And they also said a qualified masseur/masseuse will require a doctor's approval.

I agree i should put this to my GP. Although I have been punting and having FBSM all these years with no ill effects, and find it relaxing.

Thanks for the comments.