Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sex, Drugs & Murder: Life in the Red Light Zone  (Read 3668 times)

punther

External Link/Members Only

An uncompromising look at the lives of sex workers in an area of Leeds where, if you're buying or selling sex, you won’t get arrested.

Offline webpunter

You've got to be one sad punter to want to even contemplate going there.  Makes even the shittiest parts of Amsterdam look quite appealing  :scare:

Ben4454

You've got to be one sad punter to want to even contemplate going there.  Makes even the shittiest parts of Amsterdam look quite appealing  :scare:

I won't judge this place until I see the first UKP review

A lot of people told me Kurfurstenstrabe in Germany was full of drug addicts ---- when i got there there were some decent girls there.

Offline HappyandLucky

The sad reality for many WG's. Hooked on drugs and sell pussy to feed the habit.

bilbo

Ok just watched this

My thoughts are Jesus they where rough ,it's almost like they went out solely to just find a couple of crack heads to follow,after all where is the story in clean "normal" women who are doing it as the pay is good.

Offline fairfield

Just watched it too.
Blimey, if that's punting in Leeds - count me out.  Or is it just propaganda for the anti-prostitution brigade?

Offline Marmalade

If you were a tv producer which would you pick? Which would be more likely to be willing to show their face on tv?

Add that to ...

In any cheap as chips RLD it will be twenty mingers to one decent chick. Do you fuck the good looking one or complain about the others.

ThrustMaster

That was grim watching but if the council/police are interested in wg safety, then a sauna or other type of licensed premises is surely preferably over street walkers.

poseidon

What worries me is that they make a shitty estate a "legalised" area for prostition; an estate that has always been bad for crime, then claim the resulting crime is caused by allowing prostitution.

If anything, unmolested prostitution reduces crime. The areas with less crime will still have less crime if prostitution is allowed there.

Offline sarahjayneleeds

• Service Provider

Offline madmania

Shame that these series on prostitution seemingly always show down and out crack whores. I understand why they do it (and it was an interesting programme) but it does just perpetuate the stereotypes of the industry.

What shocked me more however was how much these girls were claiming they're getting! 100 p/h normally and then 200 or 300+ from certain people for fetish stuff?! Just go to fucking Adultwork mate  :dash:

Either the girls are deluded or the punters are...

Offline The Midlander

The normal rates on Holbeck are £20 for BJ and £30 for quickie sex (or were back in the summer). BJ+Sex will be £40 or £50, so two of those in an hour is still £100.  It would seem that even some of these girls have their own fluffies and regulars who will probably get overcharged.

I have not punted with any of the girls in either of the two episodes, and have only certainly identified Sammie-Jo standing round waiting.

It would seem that this second episode was filmed much more recently than the previous one, and during the episode it was mentioned that there was a dodgy punter who had been attacking girls. Depending on when this was and whether he is still around, this may also (in addition to the arrest of a number of EE girls recently) be a reason for recently reported quietness as the girls may be a bit scared and trying to rely on regular punters by phone instead of hitting the streets.

Offline Simmo87

Another so called documentary about prostitution, when the street scene is almost a thing of the past. Compete BBC bullshit!!!

Offline Taggart

Cant work out who is the more desperate? WG or punter?
Just who to these gilrs appeal to, what kind of person?

Offline madmania

The normal rates on Holbeck are £20 for BJ and £30 for quickie sex (or were back in the summer). BJ+Sex will be £40 or £50, so two of those in an hour is still £100.  It would seem that even some of these girls have their own fluffies and regulars who will probably get overcharged.

I have not punted with any of the girls in either of the two episodes, and have only certainly identified Sammie-Jo standing round waiting.

It would seem that this second episode was filmed much more recently than the previous one, and during the episode it was mentioned that there was a dodgy punter who had been attacking girls. Depending on when this was and whether he is still around, this may also (in addition to the arrest of a number of EE girls recently) be a reason for recently reported quietness as the girls may be a bit scared and trying to rely on regular punters by phone instead of hitting the streets.

Thanks for the context man - it is weird to see the other side of punting that's perpetuated by the media yet I couldn't be further removed from. Don't think I'll be heading down that neck of the woods any time soon haha

Offline fairfield

Cant work out who is the more desperate? WG or punter?
Just who to these gilrs appeal to, what kind of person?
+100. Seen both episodes now, and obviously these women are damaged individuals  -  but my biggest take from the programmes is that - these wgs are being cynically sexploited by the BBC, who want to peddle an anti-punting/prostitution agenda.
My circumstances force me to punt with a very low budget - but besides not being able to afford the prices they mention!, have yet to come across such pitiful wgs. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:07:37 am by fairfield »

Offline stevedave

More importantly than any of this...what the fuck is her obsession with Quails?!

Bloody crackheads... :lol: :lol:

Offline Marmalade

I think the best situation is with friendly police and social worker semi-invisible presence. It was the situation back in the day in Edinburgh's Leith. The girls were relaxed enough to chat to so it was relatively straightforward to find one that was just a relatively normal prostitute, ie a woman who needed to make enough extra cash for her rent or spawn or family groceries. The police, if encountered were there equally sympathetic to working girls and punters. They kept a look out for 'real' crime (like prossies that tried to steal or punters who were violent or abusive) and didn't take much of a moral stance one way or the other on the prostitution aspect. The one time I had got a warning the officer seemed almost apologetic, saying the car was in a relatively public place and someone could have walked past and objected (people objecting give the police extra work). It was quite a pleasant patch where they did business, approximately in a prossie triangle of The Shore, Coburg St, North Junction St and Commercial Street.

The first hint of the downward slide came when property investor bastards decided to gentrify the area. The posh cunts who bought the new flats, quite understandably, objected fannies getting shagged almost outside and in sight from their nicely manicured apartments. So they moved the 'tolerance zone' to a shitville area of factories and low-income migrant dwellings bordering Salamander Street. In the process, the religious right started polarising the issue (and in contrast to Margo MacDonald MSP, a Scottish icon and one of the few politicians ever to be in touch with the voice of ordinary people). The area was less safe for punters and for prossies (dark streets off a fast main road). But the real clanger came when the great unwashed 'Muslim' community started taking to the streets. Their houses, at that time at least, were among the shittiest in Leith but they protested their 'rights' not to have prossies within hundreds of yards of them. (Some of the prossies actually lived there, minding their own business or waiting until their shit-for-brains husband had fucked off down the pub. One of my regulars was like that. Fit young mixed race woman, about 22. Another I used to pick up nearer the Meadows, not bothering anyone or looking at all indiscreet, and we'd drive to Restalrig for lots of sucking and fucking. She only got out two or three times a week and seemed to look forward to it. She was early 30's, between a 12 and a 14 which is slightly lardy for me but her enthusiasm more than made up for it. I only once picked a coke-head by mistake and aborted when she tried to pinch my wallet. Told the coppers and the other girls, who (both) would 'spread the word.' )

Muslims, not proper decent Muslims but the ragheads of the mental achievement not far removed from the north England groomers or the ban-the-bottle nutters in that nice street parallel to Smithfields in London, would start 'patrolling' and issuing threats to punters and abuse to the prossies. The abolitionists must have been delighted that such scum were doing their work for them. Next thing you know there's an enormous poster over the Western Approach 'warning' men that there is a massive new fine for picking up an SW. So now only crackheads and other illicits risk going out at night to shagland. But at least we have brothels and AW, and we are broad minded enough to say that homo ex-Bizzie can keep his shirtlifter massage clubs after all the trouble he caused here if come thru from Glasgow (a place of intolerance where Jeremy might have heard the basis of his lorry driver kills a prossie joke). Aye, thank guid for Edinburgh, a civilised place where sanity reigns (at least until we get too fuckin pissed to care...)  :drinks: