Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Inadvertently putting yourself & other punters at risk?  (Read 2913 times)

yorkshire123

Not a rant Just a little observation.

Spurned on by the 2 current threads about a possible ex-con who aided in the robbery of punters/prossie's and has potentially returned back to prostitution. I thought it would be wise to remind fellow members of a potential mine field we could be walking into.

I read quite often members openly discussing locations of the punts they have been to, or others members asking for such information. Bizarrely some members even go as far to state what day/time they are booked in for (I'm sure i have come across this before?)

Imagine what kind of target you make to a potential mugger who knows full well that punting is a cash business so your guaranteed to have cash on the hip.

Like i said this isn't a rant just a friendly punter to punter observation, I for one will not visit any prossie if i believe her location has been compromised.
I also know that punting without an element of risk is rare but i do believe it would be better if we didn't give the scum a helping hand.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=37659.50
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=37779.0

OldAdmin

Someone who wants an address wouldn't bother trawling forums for small nuggets of info, they'd just call the prossie, make a booking and get it.

It's like some folk who say police/MI6/FBI/CIA/NSA/etc. read UKP to get gain info on where parlours are. Why bother? They could simple check the parlour websites for the addresses, who is on their rota, etc.

Offline NIK

It's like some folk who say police/MI6/FBI/CIA/NSA/etc. read UKP to get gain info on where parlours are. Why bother? They could simple check the parlour websites for the addresses, who is on their rota, etc.

Twats who claim this are just attempting to make us feel paranoid. Yes they may do, but I would think they have far bigger fish to fry than waste their time reading UKP.
We aren't doing anything illegal anyway.
Unlike fucking courtesans who don't pay tax on income.  :rolleyes:

yorkshire123

Someone who wants an address wouldn't bother trawling forums for small nuggets of info, they'd just call the prossie, make a booking and get it.

I never even gave that a thought  :hi:

Toshiba

Agree with info on here though being a little too much.i for one am trying to kerb it but sometimes loose lips and all that, my last review i was cagy about where it took place as i normally go into "too much" detail at times, thinking its for the good of here.

Even today ive blabbed about a future meet ffs.

Offline badsin

To be fair, I think its the WG's who are mostly at risk.
Why bother mugging a single punter, when you can mug the WG after she's finished her shift?? She, potentially, could have several times the amount a single punter would have :(

Unfortunately, I've heard of this exact thing happening in Nottingham previously......... and worse.

At one time, a guy would meet the WG (at her or the agencies premises) have his session, leave, then mug the girl shortly afterwards, as she left. He got his money back, plus whatever else the WG would have on them (cash, phone etc etc)

There are all sorts of risks for everybody involved in this pastime of ours - we should all look out for each other :drinks:

Offline jawill

The thought has crossed my mind a few times.

Think about it, you've given a complete stranger the date and time you'll be there and they know how much cash you will haveon you.

You turn up at their place, and walk in, usually without seeing who is behind the door . It could be a guy with a knife, or the girl could take your money then send in to the room a big guy to scare you out.

What can you do? Go to the police after too day you were going to pay for sex and got robbed?

Basically, there is a huge amount of trust on both sides here 

Offline jawill

*to say not too day.... Bloody stupid predictive text!

Offline Malvolio

The thought has crossed my mind a few times.

Think about it, you've given a complete stranger the date and time you'll be there and they know how much cash you will haveon you.

You turn up at their place, and walk in, usually without seeing who is behind the door . It could be a guy with a knife, or the girl could take your money then send in to the room a big guy to scare you out.

What can you do? Go to the police after too day you were going to pay for sex and got robbed?

Basically, there is a huge amount of trust on both sides here

I know there are scammers on the street in Soho preying on unwary punters, but I think you're being a bit paranoid here.  Criminals have worked out that pimping makes a lot more cash and attracts a lot less police attention than mugging people.

If it really bothers you, only go to parlours that are known to be reliable (search for reviews on UKP) - you may have a rubbish punt but you certainly won't get robbed.

Offline myothernameis

Admin, there someone's address and real names on here in the Scottish reviews section, isn't that cause for concern, it looks like some persons have other motives, for posting these details

OldAdmin

Admin, there someone's address and real names on here in the Scottish reviews section, isn't that cause for concern, it looks like some persons have other motives, for posting these details

Who are you talking about? Magalie?

Offline myothernameis

Who are you talking about? Magalie?

Yes, even though she might deserve some things, which are said about her, is there any real need to publish her address

I would have though ukp was better than that, so what would be the next address to be posted here

OldAdmin

Yes, even though she might deserve some things, which are said about her, is there any real need to publish her address

If the details are true, why haven't they contacted me about it? It might all be false info, or they are outing themselves to gain publicity.

A Scottish prossie contacted me just few days ago to politely ask about the removal of street name from a review, which I accepted.

But Magalie and her reputation it's a difference case.

so what would be the next address to be posted here

I allow the outing of anyone who scams / harms / threatens punters. And the PMs I've received about Magalie don't paint a picture of a normal prossie.

Offline Daffodil

I'm happy to give the street name of a prossie, but not the house/flat number. I do think it's fairly reasonable that a prossie may want to eyeball you before giving the full address. Unless they're a scammer of course, in which case it's no holes barred.

That said, the address is hardly a state secret.

JV547845

Yeah but if even only a street name gets published nosey neighbours, busy bodies and prudes (who should all get a goddman life for fuck's sake) who also live on that street will have a field day.

Offline Daffodil

Yeah but if even only a street name gets published nosey neighbours, busy bodies and prudes (who should all get a goddman life for fuck's sake) who also live on that street will have a field day.

What?

So these "neighbours, busy bodies and prudes" are just browsing UKP and stumble across a post that mentions the street they live on and then "have a field day" (whatever that means).

Right  :rolleyes:

JV547845

No they'd be googling their street name.

Offline Daffodil

No they'd be googling their street name.

Come off it.

How many people actually do this? Even those who do will get results for dozens, even hundreds, of streets with the same name. If they specify a town or something they will still get many results (property websites usually).

And even if they did somehow find the UKP link, what are they going to do? What does "have a field day" mean in this context? If they're as big a busy body as you suggest, don't you think all the coming and goings at a specific property would have already raised their suspicions?

Is this really a concern for you? :wacko:

JV547845

Not hugely concerned, but it's just about discretion.  If I was thinking of moving to an area or selling I'd google the address to get an idea what it was like. 

Where the extra detail isn't helping anyone, I think UKP should air on the side of discretion. 

A WG I punted with recently said a neighbour with cameras set up facing the street.  Charlotte Rose got a back lash from her neighbours and she didn't even work from her home  - I'm glad the neighbours of her punting flat were oblivious as to what was going on in the area.  Don't underestimate what this sort of self-appointed neighbourhood guardians will do.

You seem very concerned with your own anonymity Daff but are quite cavalier with personal information of WGs.

Offline Daffodil

Not hugely concerned, but it's just about discretion.  If I was thinking of moving to an area or selling I'd google the address to get an idea what it was like. 

Where the extra detail isn't helping anyone, I think UKP should air on the side of discretion. 

A WG I punted with recently said a neighbour with cameras set up facing the street.  Charlotte Rose got a back lash from her neighbours and she didn't even work from her home  - I'm glad the neighbours of her punting flat were oblivious as to what was going on in the area.  Don't underestimate what this sort of self-appointed neighbourhood guardians will do.

You seem very concerned with your own anonymity Daff but are quite cavalier with personal information of WGs.

You do understand that prostitutes give out this information?  :dash:

If somebody wants a street address of a prostitute, you know what they do? They ask the prostitute for it, and get it.

Comparing prossies and punters in this regard is like comparing apples and oranges. We post their pictures too, but it's not hypocritical to say it's not on to post a punter's picture.

I have no doubt that there are neighbours who are not happy with having a prostitute on their street, but I doubt very much that they learn that information from trawling UKP for mention of their address  :hi:

JV547845

Do you honestly not know how to google a street name Daff?  There's a big difference between looking up a street name and finding that a prossie works there low down on the search results, and looking up one of the thousands of prossies in the country on the off chance.

Offline Daffodil

Do you honestly not know how to google a street name Daff?  There's a big difference between looking up a street name and finding that a prossie works there low down on the search results, and looking up one of the thousands of prossies in the country on the off chance.

I explained how the google search worked, just scroll up  :hi:

jcdmj12

Come off it.

How many people actually do this? Even those who do will get results for dozens, even hundreds, of streets with the same name. If they specify a town or something they will still get many results (property websites usually).

And even if they did somehow find the UKP link, what are they going to do? What does "have a field day" mean in this context? If they're as big a busy body as you suggest, don't you think all the coming and goings at a specific property would have already raised their suspicions?

Is this really a concern for you? :wacko:
A of these busy-bodies are stuck at home all day with nothing better to do with their time, so yes, I can imagine them Googling their street name to see what comes up.  That's very different from phoning all the prossies in your local area to get their address.