Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Adultwork email address verification - regular requests  (Read 2401 times)

Offline jimf67

Quite regularly when I log in to AW, I get a message telling me I need to verify my email address. I follow the process and all is fine, but I shouldn't need to keep doing it.

Happened just now, and the last time was 8 days ago. Before that I'm not sure, but it's happened on several occasions.

Anybody else get this? Does it mean anything like my account's been hacked or the subject of an attempted hack? Should I change password or username?

I've been an AW member for about 7 years, and have feedback in the 30s, so it's not that it needs verifying!

Jim.

Offline bigjim

Hi, i did hppen to me and i lost the account with decent feedback and had to open a new account

but its not happend since and i have had this one for about a year

BJim

k

AW have obviously got something against people who call themselves jim.

abdul

Quite regularly when I log in to AW, I get a message telling me I need to verify my email address. I follow the process and all is fine, but I shouldn't need to keep doing it.

Happened just now, and the last time was 8 days ago. Before that I'm not sure, but it's happened on several occasions.

Anybody else get this? Does it mean anything like my account's been hacked or the subject of an attempted hack? Should I change password or username?

I've been an AW member for about 7 years, and have feedback in the 30s, so it's not that it needs verifying!

Jim.

Are you as a service provider or seeking services ;)

vorian

Have you ever purchased any credits from AW.

Offline XTC2

AdultWork has problems with several email providers IIRC, Yahoo and AOL are two of them so that might be your issue? Just open a new Gmail account and use that, you can set it to forward to another address if needed.

IloveRed

I have been an AW member since 5-6 years as well and never had to do that except once at the beginning I believe.

k

I think it was JRC who was saying that AW are tightening up their procedures for age verification.  I think Vorian is on the right lines with his post:  If you've never paid for anything then they can't determine whether you have a credit card (which is one of the ways AW think is acceptable to prove you are 18+).

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only

Offline Nyquist

This has happened to me twice over the past week.....no idea why as its never happened before.  Its fucking annoying especially when I was ready to make a booking etc. Whats worse is that the verification email took 8 hours to reach my inbox.....maybe AW have an issue with AOL users  :dash:

Offline XTC2

I think it was JRC who was saying that AW are tightening up their procedures for age verification.

I guess that will be in preparation for what ATVOD is trying to get passed into law, it also explains why the video thumbnails have now been censored if you are not logged in.

Whats worse is that the verification email took 8 hours to reach my inbox.....maybe AW have an issue with AOL users  :dash:

They do, I've already stated as much in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:13:55 am by XTC2 »

Rochdull lad

This has happened to me twice over the past week.....no idea why as its never happened before.  Its fucking annoying especially when I was ready to make a booking etc. Whats worse is that the verification email took 8 hours to reach my inbox.....maybe AW have an issue with AOL users :dash:

Not just AW; I'm with AOL and a number of contacts have had difficulty with that address.  That's why I have [to have] gmail & Hotmail addresses as well.

Offline dandaley

cant believe people still use AOL or AOHell as its known  :P

Offline jimf67

I have bought credits, and it's a Hotmail address. Happened again this morning :(. I'll try Gmail see if that helps.

marick29

I've been a member for 4 years now brought shitloads of credits over that time and it's happened to me twice in the last month very frustrating as it took me a while to remember my email address that I set up the account with !!!

Trouble is I wouldn't of minded so much if I didn't have such a good feedback acquired so much that I'm currently in the process of sorting out banging Taylor Morgan  :D but more importantly I've got some of my regular punts numbers saved in a folder to which a couple do not log on anymore.