Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: One To Follow?  (Read 808 times)

Offline Corus Boy

The faces of prostitution in Australia.

External Link/Members Only

SirFrank

God on them for highlighting the image pedalled by the media bears no resemblance to their reality.

spkmstr48

Very good arguments there.  :thumbsup:

Hate ignorant people making pronouncements as facts about something they know nothing about.  :dash:

SirFrank

Very good arguments there.  :thumbsup:

Hate ignorant people making pronouncements as facts about something they know nothing about.  :dash:

Much like the dogooder feminists striving to ban page 3 because it demeans women without speaking to women who make a living out of page 3. Speaking out for others, however we'll meaning, is generally paternalistic, patronising and ill informed

spkmstr48

Much like the dogooder feminists striving to ban page 3 because it demeans women without speaking to women who make a living out of page 3. Speaking out for others, however we'll meaning, is generally paternalistic, patronising and ill informed

Page 3 is a good example, who's to say who is demeaning who in that case. It's just a pretty girl showing her tits for god's sack. I'll bet most of them think men are soft in the head for paying them to do it.

In a day and age when anyone with an internet connection can watch videos of girls fucking their ponies (to name but one example) it's pretty tame.

These people need to get a dose of reality and learn the difference between sex-trafficking (very bad thing) and pretty girls having a bit of fun to supplement their income (very good thing).

Being, I hope, not an ignorant t**t, I do realise that there are a million shades of grey between these two extremes but you need to be careful where you draw the line. I don't agree with depriving anyone of their income and how they choice to earn it is up to them.

I personally think working in McDs, etc. for sod all, is much more demeaning than being a sex worker.

spkmstr48

Apologies if the above and one or two other posts recently come over as a bit of a rant, been in a funny mood recently.

SirFrank

Not at all. You make some good points. Friend of a friend of a friend is a lap dancer. Few years ago she got a load of shit from the unwashed campaigning outside her strip club - exploiting women etc. she said to them I ain't being exploited, I'm here of my own free will and I make more money in this job than I could ever earn in any other that I'm qualified to do.

I'm sure many of our female guests could offer a better insight than me on this but providing it's your career choice, it's your call. What often annoys me with the whole prostitution debate is that they constantly focus on the street walking / trafficked aspect (which is abhorrent) and therefore think that's how it is. It also implies that punters are somehow complicit in this and thus perpetuate the exploitation of such women. ITs a real shame that the aspect of punting I'm familiar with (and the only type that interests me) - ie the independent girl who is there out of her own free will - isn't discussed more in the media, or when it is, it's somehow highlighted to be an anomaly 

Offline CardiffCentral

I don't think any work that's fairly paid and suits the ability of the person doing the job is demeaning.  There are plenty of area managers who work in fast food that started at the counter and are now approaching six figure salaries.  There's a chap I know who owns 11 fast food establishments in central London with his business partner and he started at Starbucks after he left school.  These 'demeaning' jobs are great stepping stones if you left school young and weren't given the opportunities or made mistakes and missed out.  Even McDonald's helps you gain qualifications now if you take it all seriously and are driven.  A major problem with a lot of native workers is they start thinking everything is demeaning unless they're sat in an office earning £50k.

Conversely, I don't think sex work at 18 is healthy for a lot of women.  As with all vocations, it suits a special type of lady, one who can deal with every aspect of what it involves.  This is anecdotal but an ex gf of mine did exactly what we're discussing here.  She worked in McDonald's and hated it, she absolutely did not want to work full time.  One evening after a particularly long shift she read an small ad in the back of a local paper advertising for girls to work at a parlour.  Ten minutes later she was inside starting her first shift.  FOUR years later she'd worked in most of the parlours in Cardiff and Bristol.  I met her a year after she'd given up and she'd told me she'd saved absolutely nothing from her years working as a sex worker.  She spent it all to help her forget how she'd earned it.  Champagne, treating friends, holidays abroad, a car, renting a nice flat.  That sort of thing.  Civvy sex for her had become mechanical, joyless and marred with memories of hundreds of men.  Now clearly she is an example of someone who wasn't cut out for hard work in fast food, but equally wasn't cut out for sex work.  I'd even go as far as to argue that her stint as a sex worker had a far more negative effect on her long term well being than any number of shifts at McDonald's could have done. 

As for page 3, I have no issue with it as long as it's not on the same shelf as other newspapers.  The problem isn't 18yo's posing topless.  It's a 'family paper' normalizing sexualization and nudity of young women.  Now that would be absolutely fine if we were all allowed to walk around naked and they had just as many cocks and vag in the paper as tits.  But the weird thing is it's only ever tits and only ever on skinny, young girl.  Again, if we lived in a society where people were free to be naturists wherever and whenever they wanted, Page 3 would be fine. 

In truth, printed titties on cheap paper always looked crap.  It's 2015.  We are a liberated people, always online and are free to have sex with strangers at the drop of a hat.  THAT is called progress and long may it continue!  :hi:

PS.  Great to see those girls showing people the majority lived reality of sex work.  :drinks: