Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: UKP Chrome Extension  (Read 1455 times)

Offline jimmyha

hi everyone, i've been a member for a while (leeching, some might say), my first review was jumped on for being fake (it wasn't) so I thought I'd try and give back another way... i present to you my creation:

Punter - the UKP Chrome Extension

what this does is install a button to your chrome toolbar; when you're on a WG's profile (for example External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only), click it to search UKP for reviews.

to try it out, download and unzip the attachment then follow the steps here External Link/Members Only (skip step 1 and 3)

i hope some of you find this useful. is there any thing i can change or extra things you want it to do?

few things on my list:
  • adding a stealth mode - something like when you're not on AW, it brings up a random ebay item (or whatever).
  • publishing it to chrome web store (not sure I want to do this... should i change the name?) this will stop the palava installing it

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline LLPunting

Thanks but given your lack of credibility I'll wait until you've posted the code to an open repository for other codeheads here to rip apart and certify innocuous.  :hi:

Keep trying though.  :drinks:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
No posts for 5 years, very little by way of contribution once you started posting now you want access to the workings of the site to 'help' and for us to download some crap you've come up with.    :dash: :dash:

Oh well go on then sign me up, I've got all me bank details, passwords and pin numbers etc ready.   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline jimmyha

Thanks but given your lack of credibility I'll wait until you've posted the code to an open repository for other codeheads here to rip apart and certify innocuous.  :hi:

Keep trying though.  :drinks:

its a zip file with uncompiled code in it dude, you can rip it apart to your hearts delight. it doesnt make any background web requests or use any external libraries, hopefully my fellow 'codeheads' can confirm this

No posts for 5 years, very little by way of contribution once you started posting now you want access to the workings of the site to 'help' and for us to download some crap you've come up with.    :dash: :dash:

i cant win for losing :unknown:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:39:30 am by jimmyha »

Offline Steve2

There has been something similar which works very well since 2016

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=90661.0

Offline LLPunting

its a zip file with uncompiled code in it dude, you can rip it apart to your hearts delight. it doesnt make any background web requests or use any external libraries, hopefully my fellow 'codeheads' can confirm this

i cant win for losing :unknown:

Sorry I can't find any link to a zip file nor does it appear to be listed in the Chrome Store (perhaps that's unsurprising).
Best thing to do is upload it to a repository and provide the link on request.

MrsH

Will it help me find naked women?

Offline scutty brown

Somebody posted in an almost identical thread around 16 months ago, but with a different account. I can remember freezing the account pending admin making a decision on the posters validity.
Was that you on a different account?

Offline Hobbit

So here's the thing right. I see some posts like these were people have created chrome extensions and plug-ins to help with searching on AW with UKP and perhaps they work or they don't. Either way, I ain't installing anything on my PC even if it has been validated by Mother Teresa, Donald Trump, and Ghandi. It ain't happening.  :D :D

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I can remember cars with chrome bumpers which extended their size a little. What is a Chrome Extension?

Offline Hobbit

I can remember cars with chrome bumpers which extended their size a little. What is a Chrome Extension?

Same thing, they make ones dick longer and gives it a chrome finish.  :P

Nah just kidding. External Link/Members Only

Offline Waterhouse

Same thing, they make ones dick longer and gives it a chrome finish.  :P

Nah just kidding. External Link/Members Only
oh, stuff for nerds and geeks. I use Safari. This is surely off-topic.

Offline haggismccormick

quote authort. Either way, I ain't installing anything on my PC even if it has been validated by Mother Teresa, Donald Trump, and Ghandi. It ain't happening.  :D :D

I agree with about Mother Theresa and Gandhi but if it's been certified by Donald Trump it should be ok so long as you remember that within 5 minutes your installation will have been checked by the CIA, FBI, KGB, M15 and M16 and probably CNN and FOXnews.

Offline taiyo

hi everyone, i've been a member for a while (leeching, some might say), my first review was jumped on for being fake (it wasn't) so I thought I'd try and give back another way... i present to you my creation:

Punter - the UKP Chrome Extension

what this does is install a button to your chrome toolbar; when you're on a WG's profile (for example External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only), click it to search UKP for reviews.

to try it out, download and unzip the attachment then follow the steps here External Link/Members Only (skip step 1 and 3)

i hope some of you find this useful. is there any thing i can change or extra things you want it to do?

few things on my list:
  • adding a stealth mode - something like when you're not on AW, it brings up a random ebay item (or whatever).
  • publishing it to chrome web store (not sure I want to do this... should i change the name?) this will stop the palava installing it

git repo?

Offline BP

what does this mean? In which language is it?

if you need to ask the answer won't be that enlightening
#justsaying no hostility meant

if you need to ask the answer won't be that enlightening
#justsaying no hostility meant
so if it is not in urban dictionary (I looked) it must be nerd/geek speak so it should be off-topic.

Offline nightbot

so if it is not in urban dictionary (I looked) it must be nerd/geek speak so it should be off-topic.
Unfamiliarity doesn't mean it's off topic or need/geek speak. He's asking for a link to the GitHub repository to look at the source code for the script so that he can verify its content and deem it does what the OP says it does. Which is what others here have asked before.

Which makes it relevant to this topic since the topic itself is about a script.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:15:29 pm by nightbot »

Offline LLPunting

If you had simply typed the term into Google (or any of the main search engines) the answer would've been one of the first links returned.  If using Chrome on a PC you could've highlighted the term, clicked right mouse button and selected Search in Google.  Sometimes the geeks get things right and thinking for yourself overcomplicates things.  Shame they're not batting so well in most other aspects of enhancing the Internet experience.

If you had simply typed the term into Google (or any of the main search engines) the answer would've been one of the first links returned.  If using Chrome on a PC you could've highlighted the term, clicked right mouse button and selected Search in Google.  Sometimes the geeks get things right and thinking for yourself overcomplicates things.  Shame they're not batting so well in most other aspects of enhancing the Internet experience.
this confirms it as off topic and nothing to do with punting. I use a Mac.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

Just because you use a Mac doesn't make it off topic, just a topic that is of no interest or use to you.   :hi:

Offline Steve2

Why not just use the tried and tested addon that works with more features?

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=90661.0

Offline Briddy

apple snob  :D

Offline scutty brown

does this plugin actually exist, is there a link for it or was it deleted?

Offline LLPunting

Try reading again... because if you can't type a search string into a browser then your "Mac" is probably just a piece of paper that someone told you was the latest tech with a stylus that also acts as a pen.

Offline RedKettle

You can use chrome on a Mac and the extension is punting related.

Offline mh

does this plugin actually exist, is there a link for it or was it deleted?

The thread title in the forum page has a paperclip next to it indicating a download is included. Same in the title at the top of the thread. But I can't see how to get hold of it either. If as the OP says the script is uncompiled source then I'm sure I could check out the calls being made, but I cannot see the script at all.

I did try out the "other" extension that exists but it was a bit too conspicuous if I recall correctly.

You can use chrome on a Mac and the extension is punting related.
Why should I use Chrome when I have Safari. No advantage to learn more tech than I use.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Why should I use Chrome when I have Safari. No advantage to learn more tech than I use.

Why keep posting on a thread that is of no interest to you.    :unknown:

Offline mh

Because Safari is, as with much Apple stuff, overrated, a lowest common denominator and a pig to use except for the very basic way they want you to use it as a dumb content consumer. Chrome is just better for speed, efficiency, productivity, cross platform use etc.

But if you're happy with it, then this extension is of no interest to you.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:37:02 am by mh »