Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New Forum Feature  (Read 26103 times)

Offline Happyjose

Just noticed that if you click on a prossies name, just below the review title, there's new features added, including details and a map

e.g. https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=18945

Pretty cool

Offline The Outsider

I was about to post the same.  It's a handy improvement. 

Offline robsmith149

Wouldn't take much notice of the map, not even close to the two i checked which i'd seen.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Wouldn't take much notice of the map, not even close to the two i checked which i'd seen.

It's the prossie who puts the postcode in on her AW page.   :unknown:

Plus there's this disclaimer above the map. -
Not an exact location, this info is taken from the AdultWork profile's postcode field (if available).

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
It's the prossie who puts the postcode in on her AW page.   :unknown:

Plus there's this disclaimer above the map. -

Really is there any point of the map then.. it looks pretty, but you can get the location from their profile

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Really is there any point of the map then.. it looks pretty, but you can get the location from their profile

The map is a repeat of what you see on AW, if that isn't accurate it won't be. You can get all the information contained in the new feature from other sources, at least it's all in one place now. As with anything read what you find useful and ignore the rest.   :hi:

Offline Sparta Prada

Is there a table for the girls with the best review score? I am guessing Michelle Independent may be currently top, she has a review score of 393 right now.

And is there a table for the girls with the worst review scores?

Offline Marmalade

I think it’s a great feature. All the review details at a glance plus the postcode area is very handy. One click — as opposed to AW where in most cases it seems to me you have to scroll down past her bullshit, ascii art and spurious info, select see area and then click again and wait for it to load. Plus it gives you better privacy than loading a separate browser screen to see the area from AW.
Cheers, Admin.  :thumbsup:

Online ZeroCount

Nice addition to the site! Now if only reviews had a field to fill in a more accurate location, and the map could show that instead. ;)

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Thanks for the heads-up looks really good, and no doubt will be very useful.

Offline SO595

Nice addition to the site! Now if only reviews had a field to fill in a more accurate location, and the map could show that instead. ;)

That sounds like a splendid idea for us punters, but I can see it causing all sorts of issues.
Banned reason: Idiot who won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Now if only reviews had a field to fill in a more accurate location, and the map could show that instead. ;)

That sounds like a splendid idea for us punters, but I can see it causing all sorts of issues.

Have you read the rules about location details? - 
* General description of incall locations is acceptable, but not specific house numbers or street names or postcodes.
Why does anyone need more details than are already available, it's worked well enough in the past.

Offline SO595

Have you read the rules about location details?

Yes I have, thanks, hence my comment about it potentially causing issues.

Why does anyone need more details than are already available

The AW details are often hopelessly inaccurate.  Can't speak for anyone else, but for various reasons, location is important to me when arranging a punt.  If I could dismiss some before having to contact the WG to find out that would be more convenient.  I'm not saying this is a feature UKP should have, just that if that information were available it would be useful to me.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
The AW details are often hopelessly inaccurate.  Can't speak for anyone else, but for various reasons, location is important to me when arranging a punt.  If I could dismiss some before having to contact the WG to find out that would be more convenient.  I'm not saying this is a feature UKP should have, just that if that information were available it would be useful to me.

How would you propose that could be checked and included? It's the prossies who put their location on AW or any other advertising platform they use, without contacting them and asking where they are there's no way of knowing how accurate it is.

Personally I'm just grateful to Admin for providing this site for free and I appreciate the hard work he continually puts in to make improvements. It's a shame some members think these improvements are pointless while others think they aren't good enough.

Offline B4bcock

Quote from Daviemac ;

Personally I'm just grateful to Admin for providing this site for free and I appreciate the hard work he continually puts in to make improvements. It's a shame some members think these improvements are pointless while others think they aren't good enough.

+1

Offline SO595

How would you propose that could be checked and included? It's the prossies who put their location on AW or any other advertising platform they use, without contacting them and asking where they are there's no way of knowing how accurate it is.

I'm not proposing anything.  I think we've already agreed that this is not the place for more accurate locations to be shared.  All I've said is that I'd find the information useful if it was available somewhere.  I imagine ZeroCount is suggesting that reviewers provide a more accurate location as part of the review.  As I said there are lots of challenges with doing something like that.

As am I.  If that's directed at me, I'm not sure where you get the idea that I think this is pointless or not good enough from the single comment I made in this thread in response to someone else's suggestion.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
As am I.  If that's directed at me, I'm not sure where you get the idea that I think this is pointless or not good enough from the single comment I made in this thread in response to someone else's suggestion.

It's not directed at anyone in particular, if you look at replies to this thread there's comments about the map being pointless, requests for changes to the review system and a query about a table of review scores. 

There's only 4 replies out of 15 actually showing appreciation for the new feature. Must just be me who thinks that's a bit out of order then.

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
It's not directed at anyone in particular, if you look at replies to this thread there's comments about the map being pointless, requests for changes to the review system and a query about a table of review scores. 

There's only 4 replies out of 15 actually showing appreciation for the new feature. Must just be me who thinks that's a bit out of order then.

I was just answering your post about their being a disclaimer on the map, not on the changes in general, which I think are really good.

We all know Admin does a fantastic job and was in no way belittling what he does

Offline Happyjose

Nope, not just you

It's clearly a useful addition to the forum that brings together potentially useful info in one concise feature

No pleasing some folk.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
I was just answering your post about their being a disclaimer on the map, not on the changes in general, which I think are really good.

We all know Admin does a fantastic job and was in no way belittling what he does

Yeah I know, my comment was referring to robsmith149's post about how inaccurate the map is.    :hi:

Offline smiths

Some are never satisfied. :rolleyes:

Offline Derrick101

Its a great new feature !

Thanks admin  :hi:

OldAdmin

Yes I decided to complete that long planned feature, along with a other minor tweaks and fixes to the site. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do a AdultWork-like search form to help search those improved profiles easier by hourly rate, location, distance, etc. which would be a good tool. Should have been done years ago but other things get in the way.

Anyway my time is now up after nearly 9 years. I've done my bit - time, effort and money - to help start this site and then take over to grow UKP to the size it is today. I think it's been pretty obvious to many forum regulars that in past 12 months or so that my motivation is not what it used to be. So UKP now has a new owner - Head1 - who was vouched by trusted established member as someone who would continue UKP respecting the ethos of the site - a punter site putting the punter first. So it's bye from me  ;)

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
Yes I decided to complete that long planned feature, along with a other minor tweaks and fixes to the site. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do a AdultWork-like search form to help search those improved profiles easier by hourly rate, location, distance, etc. which would be a good tool. Should have been done years ago but other things get in the way.

Anyway my time is now up after nearly 9 years. I've done my bit - time, effort and money - to help start this site and then take over to grow UKP to the size it is today. I think it's been pretty obvious to many forum regulars that in past 12 months or so that my motivation is not what it used to be. So UKP now has a new owner - Head1 - who was vouched by trusted established member as someone who would continue UKP respecting the ethos of the site - a punter site putting the punter first. So it's bye from me  ;)

Well all I can say is thank you for your fantastic work, I’m sure everyone will agree.

I do wish you all the best for your new endeavours

:hi:

Offline peter purves

Well thank you Old Admin and all the very best  to you and also Head1 as you take over the reins  :hi:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:00:01 am by peter purves »
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.

Offline NickyBobby

Well thank you Old Admin and all the very best  to you and also Head1 as you take over the reins  :hi:

+1  :hi:

Online timsussex

One more round of thanks from me to Old Admin - may he enjoy many happy years of retirement !

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

Logged in a short while ago, to see this thread. Was in shock, as I was not expecting this nor had the mods been notified.

Thanks for your efforts over the past 9 years  :thumbsup:

A warm welcome and good luck to Head1  :thumbsup:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Logged in a short while ago, to see this thread. Was in shock, as I was not expecting this nor had the mods been notified.

Thanks for your efforts over the past 9 years  :thumbsup:

A warm welcome and good luck to Head1  :thumbsup:
Surprised the Mods weren't given a heads up but not surprised that Admin got fed up after 9 years, case in point is this thread about a new feature on a free site which costs Admin time and money to run but it's still not good enough for some  :unknown:

Offline Goldfinch

Well all I can say is thank you for your fantastic work, I’m sure everyone will agree.

+1

Offline Belgarion

Thanks for everything boss. You've saved me from making many mistakes and given us a platform to share ideas and have the occasional ruckus.

Best of luck with your future plans  :hi:

Offline Belgarion

Just noticed that if you click on a prossies name, just below the review title, there's new features added, including details and a map

e.g. https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=18945

Pretty cool

Noticed it a couple of days ago. It's a great feature

Offline andymars19

+1

Offline Arbetare

Thank you for everything you've done, and really hope you enjoy your retirement!

Offline johnny34

Thanks for all your efforts to date, good luck going forward  :thumbsup:

Offline dboy74

Many thanks to Admin for all your efforts over the years.

This site has saved me a lot of money over the years and cost me alot from those positive reviews too  :lol:

Good luck for the Admin and welcome to Head1.

Offline HailWood

@OldAdmin. I think that it is an understatement that you ‘have done your bit’. Thank you so much for your time and effort in guiding this site. It would not be the valuable resource for punters today without that.

I wish you well and happiness for your future.

Hi and welcome to @Head1.

Mike.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:04:08 am by MikeTheBike »

Offline PLeisure

Head1 - appropriate name, we wish you every success as the new quality gatekeeper/ manager/ troll janitor, etc  :hi:

OldAdmin - we are all so very grateful for your indefatigable energy in making this huge forum what it is. You have definitely earned your own chapter in the book on British punting. And we'll miss the banning comments  :sarcastic:

Kudos, and all the best for whatever's next on your horizon. Please take a long extended holiday first. Salute  :drinks: :music: :thumbsup:

Offline dubhcarr

@OldAdmin thanks for great feature an for your hard work and enterprise......really useful punting tool.......saved me lots of grief......lets hope your ethos continuous in the future....good luck to you....and thanks    :hi:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

Quote from Daviemac ;

Offline Horizontal pleasures

One more round of thanks from me to Old Admin - may he enjoy many happy years of retirement !
Another round of thanks from me to Old Admin - may he enjoy many happy years of retirement!

I wonder what his new punter name will be!?

Offline Clattypats

Thanks OldAdmin, It's been a blast! :) and all the best for the future... :drinks:

Offline Thepacifist

Thanks for everything!  :hi:

Offline Cuntminion

Thanks for all your hard work and good luck to head1

Offline Marmalade

Good on you mate! I see someone has put up a dedicated thread so have left my comments and heartfelt good wishes there. All the best!!

Offline mh

All praise to "OldAdmin" for EVERYTHING he has done for this site. Stabilising it, managing it, improving it and now, most importantly, handing it on to another Admin to continue.

There are no guarantees of course. If you're not paying for something you're usually the product. Thankfully not in this case, but we have to accept we have no entitlement to this brilliant resource and no comeback it it dropped off the net tomorrow.

But handing it on to a new Admin who has pledged to keep it going on the same basis is a great act of benevolence. It could have been tempting to sell out.

Thanks, OldAdmin. And hello Head1...
 :drinks:

Offline The_Don

As its been stated before, thanks for all the time effort and money you put into the site and I wish you luck going forward  :drinks:

UKP members like Nik, you and others that started off many years ago battling against the odds, have made the site what its is today  :thumbsup:

Now Head1 has task of taking the site onwards  :hi:

Offline Sparta Prada

Just wanted to say that my post was never meant as a criticism for old admin’s work. In the past I have thanked him for the sterling work he has made with UKP that allows us guys to discuss our hobby which is difficult to do IRL due to social attitudes and taboos. So whatever old admin goes on to do, I wish him all the best.

Yes the new features are a good addition. As someone who values the simple UKP review system I was drawn to the review score feature which was why I posed the question, albeit without acknowledging the work behind it.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator

Just wanted to say that my post was never meant as a criticism for old admin’s work. In the past I have thanked him for the sterling work he has made with UKP that allows us guys to discuss our hobby which is difficult to do IRL due to social attitudes and taboos. So whatever old admin goes on to do, I wish him all the best.

Yes the new features are a good addition. As someone who values the simple UKP review system I was drawn to the review score feature which was why I posed the question, albeit without acknowledging the work behind it.

:drinks:   :thumbsup:

Offline PatMacGroin

I was confused by one part of the new layout for the service provider pages. The "Review Score:" at the top of the page under the name. At first I couldn't figure out how it was calculated but it looks like the scores are broken down as follows:

Positive Review = +3 
Neutral Review = +1
Negative Review = -3

Makes total sense now. Just took me a moment when I first saw it on a WG with very mixed reviews, e.g. :

(Edit: Tried to add a screen shot, but I guess that function is still out of order.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:32:57 am by PatMacGroin »