Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How much of your earnings do you put towards punting?  (Read 2549 times)

Offline darealistkd

Punting is a rigorous sport, it can turn men of common sense into mindless beast, becuase our libidos often take over our brains leading to sometimes regretable decisions which ALWAYS impacts our wallets, but in your moments of sanity when you're listening to your brain more than your cock, how much of your earnings do you put towards punting?

In my case, I work a quite decent position working as a business analyst, I don't have a wife or any children and live alone, so I'm able to save quite a bit monthly after paying all my necessities, on an average month I'm capable of saving anywhere between £700 - £1000, now out of this amount I'd say 30-45% has gone towards punting since I started back in 2015 with the occasional monthly breaks in-between as an attempt to kick away the addiction (fuck me has this not worked at all), mind you, the typical WG I go for doesn't consider themselves 'high-class'/ or the Crème de la Crème and expect a payment of £150 for you to breathe the same air, but I do get value for my buck.

So how much are you guys putting away towards punting? Do you plan a certain amount or you more sporadically, and just go whenever your cock feels gets an itch and needs to be scratched? Interested to hear the views of other punters.

Offline ulstersubbie

My punts are mostly BDSM related, so have to be carefully planned. I'd go broke very quickly if I sessioned every other week, so try and put aside a sensible amount for my kinky escapades.

Offline Coriniumstud

I allow myself two punts a month or no more than £250

Offline jimbobted

Too much  :lol:
Have had a bit of a break recently, but I've just blown nearly a grand in 2 days. 2 hours with an ok agency girl and 4 hours with a very cute, very filthy very submissive 22 year old independent.

I'm going to go cold turkey and try and give it up now though. It's too much money and one of these days I'm going to get found out by the Mrs.

Offline Payyourwaymate

I did not start punting till I had 5 figures saved up from frugal behaviour and even then I started at the bottom end in price levels in latina brothels because I was scared of becoming addicted and ruining myself financially. Still brothel walk now lol. I can only imagine how many men have financially compromised themselves or put themself in an implicating situation due to this endeavour  :(. I would say it's more can you discipline yourself to stick to the budget is the key issue. Anyone of earning potentials can punt, high or low....there are WGs for every price level. The problem is sticking to the planned budget in accordance with your earnings or funds available. Punting treads a thin line of becoming an addiction depending on personal engagement. I personally know I can never stop, will I ever go broke though from it at the price level I punt at? No. If I suddenly switched to high end agencies it would take a long while but eventually I'll become financially weak, enough that any negative life event that could impact the £££££ levels like a stop of income etc would suddenly put me at risk of financial ruin and I would go broke. Self control and foresight is more important than ££££££.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:52:35 am by Payyourwaymate »

Offline victor989

I'm currently on a modest income from a high income in the past. I've separated from the OH and I've paid off my house.
Because of the modest income I punt about once every 2 months. This averages to about £60/month.

Offline Milansky

I usually aim for 1 cheap punt and 1 decent punt per month. Typically a £60-70 30 min P&D, then £130-£160 decent GFE session. Sometimes if the moods right I might make it 2 good ones, or even 3 (for some reason I'm more horny in summer :lol:) but I try not to blow too much on this.

Offline bitofanovice

Not had a punt for a VERY long time for a few reasons.

1) The serious lack of quality and vainalla service.

2) Prices for that vanilla service being what I used to pay for a no holds barred fuckfest with a regular.

3) Just not "felt it" for a long time, which is probably a combination of the above.

I think in my purple patch I was paying £400 for a four hour session with someone who turned into a regular; as time went on that went down to £350 and £300.  Usual was once a month, with the odd extra session and a few duos with someone.

Nowadays for what I want and given the SP's in my locality you're looking at £270 for a two hour session with the one adequate SP that fits the bill.

Offline signy

During the best of times, about £300/month (2x1hr punts, with specific activities). Obviously lower for the past 18 months.

Probably too much, but I am not sure how many years I have left, and so making sure I pack the experiences into what remains of my punting life.

Offline teddyking

I used to punt 3-4 times a week in 2019/2020 when I worked in another city.  Now that I’m based in an office at home city, I only punt once a week with the same 3-4 WGs. Way too risky for me if I bump into a friend or family. Haven’t punted for two weeks now, first time in almost two years. The variety is absolutely shit and the costs are too high, or maybe I’m slowly losing the thrill of punting 😔😔
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:13:18 pm by teddyking »
Banned reason: Sarcastic twat of a troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lillythesavage

Are you working for HRMC ?  :D

Offline puntingpumping1920

Anything more than 10% of your annual income is spending beyond your means

There is more to life than punting
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:18:42 pm by puntingpumping1920 »
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Sleet

Agree with this, I reckon I spend 3% of my gross income on punting.
Shame I can’t claim tax relief from HMRC.

Offline GingerNuts

It was 15% before you edited. Anyway, it's down to individual circumstances.

It was 15% before you edited. Anyway, it's down to individual circumstances.

Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 5%

I edited my post because 15% is too high for me

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 05:14:16 pm by puntingpumping1920 »

Offline GingerNuts

Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 5%

I edited my post because 15% is too high for me

It's fine to have your own limit but for someone else it could be 50% and they're spending within their means.

Offline darealistkd

Are you working for HRMC ?  :D

Never heard of HRMC, must be a new government agency.

someone else it could be 50% and they're spending within their means.

Spending 50% of your annual income on prostitutes is irresponsible

Offline GingerNuts

Spending 50% of your annual income on prostitutes is irresponsible

Ah, a change of tack. At what percentage of your income does spending on prostitues become irresponsible?

Ah, a change of tack. At what percentage of your income does spending on prostitues become irresponsible?

One-size doesn't fit all

IMO

Anything over 15% is irresponsible

Personally, I wouldn't spend more than 5%

Offline Payyourwaymate

It's fine to have your own limit but for someone else it could be 50% and they're spending within their means.

What would happen if they lost their means of income or had a string of unfortunate events and had to drain their savings and they are still stuck with the itch of punting as a form of "lifestyle inflation" gained from their income? They will be fucked.

Say if they lost their job or business went bust, or got divorced and lost their assets, or fell into depression or had an expenditure which causes financial havoc on their assets. Don't you think they'll wish they did not spend as much as they did in punting?

We live in the UK so have free healthcare and more benefits compared to places like the US where the people do not have free healthcare, imagine spending 50% of your income and then you have a health scare which your insurance does not quite cover. With all the money spent on punting what then?

For a lot of people losing their job and after a couple months I reckon they would be fucked. It's well known alot of people are a couple paychecks away from fukery, it's been stated alot.

I think the 50% measure would only work if you are in the top 1% of earners, like mid 6 figures...but even then those sort of people have different expenses, I've come across some of them and they just spend even more, kids, private school, expensive holidays etc. Lifestyle inflation is very real. 50% is too much, all it takes is one disaster and everything will fall like a house of cards. We've all seen examples of people that were doing well and something unfortunate happened and things changed, spending that much on punting or anything in terms of hedonism/consumption is a bit concerning in my eyes. They are free to do it of course, their lives and what not.

Offline GingerNuts

What would happen if they lost their means of income or had a string of unfortunate events and had to drain their savings and they are still stuck with the itch of punting as a form of "lifestyle inflation" gained from their income? They will be fucked.

Say if they lost their job or business went bust, or got divorced and lost their assets, or fell into depression or had an expenditure which causes financial havoc on their assets. Don't you think they'll wish they did not spend as much as they did in punting?

We live in the UK so have free healthcare and more benefits compared to places like the US where the people do not have free healthcare, imagine spending 50% of your income and then you have a health scare which your insurance does not quite cover. With all the money spent on punting what then?

For a lot of people losing their job and after a couple months I reckon they would be fucked. It's well known alot of people are a couple paychecks away from fukery, it's been stated alot.

I think the 50% measure would only work if you are in the top 1% of earners, like mid 6 figures...but even then those sort of people have different expenses, I've come across some of them and they just spend even more, kids, private school, expensive holidays etc. Lifestyle inflation is very real. 50% is too much, all it takes is one disaster and everything will fall like a house of cards. We've all seen examples of people that were doing well and something unfortunate happened and things changed, spending that much on punting or anything in terms of hedonism/consumption is a bit concerning in my eyes. They are free to do it of course, their lives and what not.

All I'm endeavouring to get across is that you can't simply throw out a figure, say over 10%, and it means you're irresponsible or living beyond your means.

The circumstances of every punter are different.

Offline Payyourwaymate

All I'm endeavouring to get across is that you can't simply throw out a figure, say over 10%, and it means you're irresponsible or living beyond your means.

The circumstances of every punter are different.

Fair enough, I totally understand that point in regards to over 10%. However, 50% is a lot. This is an endeavour that you can quantify in terms of expenditure and punters individual circumstances and there are particular variables you can plan for or possible events that the financial impact can be quantified to an extent and the indirect consequences of spending close to 50% of your income previously can be seen or felt. Punters may or may not have mortgages/rent and bills to pay, may or may not have a large reserve of savings. Perhaps be high or low earners, through jobs or businesses; really though....only legit rich punters can spend obscene amounts and it will not cause worry. How many of those types exist here? It's certainly not me lol. Going off the demographic of reviews of prices paid and the constant scruntiny of those who review spending large amounts, unless there is a rich leech punter making use of all of the resources and not reviewing, 50% is not a good reference point I think for those of us here that are active; with all due respect.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:37:31 pm by Payyourwaymate »

Offline lillythesavage

Never heard of HRMC, must be a new government agency.

dyslexic lol, happens sometimes. mocking the afflicted is not very Pc  :D

Offline teddyking

10% 20% 50% ... it’s entirely different for everyone. Some people might find value in punting more than others or could be the one of very few things they enjoy.
For me, I spend maybe35% of my leisure budget on punts because it’s something I’m having a lot of fun doing but it’s also something I’m slowly losing that thrill factor from. Maybe in 6 months il probably reduce it to 5% and find another hobby. Before punting my main hobby was driving different nice cars , maybe my next hobby after this punting episode  I’m thinking  will be travelling

In the end everyone has different values/levels of enjoyment they have from punting
Banned reason: Sarcastic twat of a troll

Offline willie loman

everyone finds their own level, per centage of income, age , marital status etc, fortunately for me, only got into this hobby, when i was reasonably well off, a small minority of punters go down the plug hole, usually rinsed rotten by some wg. so although i punt about 3 times a week, its banal 30 min encounters, averaging out as costing 30£ a day, i seem to be one of the few punters who views the whole activity as part of a healthy lifestyle, like going to the gym, remember, no pockets on a shroud. so around 20% of my income.

Offline darealistkd

There's certainly some intriguing arguments especially around the irresponsibility of spending your disposable income, and I heavily agree that it's circumstantial based on the punters finances. Everyone has different values and in some cases punting can be a priority for some, I can't speak on other's but I feel you should be free to spend your earned money as you want, it's up to you to consider factors such as job security, paying off future liabilities, potential unemployment... the lot.

Applying percentages to unknown variables makes calculating risk a tad more difficult, someone's 20% - 30% could be £10,000 whilst another punters 20% - 30% could be £150 - £200. Just adding additional things to consider to the conversation.

Offline Bikerman

I usually save a few quid aweek then as soon as her indoors is away im off looking and i pay around £80 for someone i may enjoy...not had a bad punt yetas wife dont work i have to watch pennies so i make sure i get someone worthwhile
I recently changed jobs and earn less but house paid up
Banned reason: Shitstiring troll

Offline GingerNuts

Fair enough, I totally understand that point in regards to over 10%. However, 50% is a lot. This is an endeavour that you can quantify in terms of expenditure and punters individual circumstances and there are particular variables you can plan for or possible events that the financial impact can be quantified to an extent and the indirect consequences of spending close to 50% of your income previously can be seen or felt. Punters may or may not have mortgages/rent and bills to pay, may or may not have a large reserve of savings. Perhaps be high or low earners, through jobs or businesses; really though....only legit rich punters can spend obscene amounts and it will not cause worry. How many of those types exist here? It's certainly not me lol. Going off the demographic of reviews of prices paid and the constant scruntiny of those who review spending large amounts, unless there is a rich leech punter making use of all of the resources and not reviewing, 50% is not a good reference point I think for those of us here that are active; with all due respect.

I wasn't suggesting 50% is a responsible amount for every punter and within their means. For some it will be 1%, for some it will be 50%, for most it will be somewhere between.

A one size 5% or 10% doesn't reflect the different circumstances of every punter.

Offline Skeleton

I don’t think you can quantify it as a percentage or value, it’s simply an amount that doesn’t affect your ability to cover all other costs in life and affect your spending on necessities and other pastimes.

Offline Colston36

I don’t think you can quantify it as a percentage or value, it’s simply an amount that doesn’t affect your ability to cover all other costs in life and affect your spending on necessities and other pastimes.

Exactly. Now I am old and have very few costs I frolic about twice a week, say £300. But when I look at what my last and final wife cost ... what a bargain!!!!

Offline ulstersubbie

. But when I look at what my last and final wife cost ... what a bargain!!!!

:lol:

Offline RogerBoner

£12k in 2016 and £12k in 2017. Probably more but I enjoyed it and it made me happy if there is such thing. No sex with the wife and so much outlay for school fees for 2 kids. I thought I should treat myself and it was fantastic. I'm still reaping some benefits from some of the girls.  :cool:

Offline JD69

One-size doesn't fit all

IMO

Anything over 15% is irresponsible

Personally, I wouldn't spend more than 5%

Nonsense. It all depends what you earn and what your outgoings are.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Why not? Unless your income constantly fluctuates and expenses do aswell then it will be harder. However, I would say a lot individuals expenses are mostly fixed. Salary earners incomes are mostly fixed, allocate each expense by how much is spent and you can work out the % of how much it will cost you in relation to your income. Calculate your disposable income as a % of your income after expenses, check the trend of how much you spend on punting in general and work out the % of your disposable income. You can then mess around with different spend amounts and see how the % increase or decrease in spending will affect your % of disposable income and make a judgement of how you think it would impact your quality of life. If you have savings and something happens that you do not want to work or cannot work for income, you can work out your burn rate before you hit zero. It's only if you are truly addicted and cannot control the spending I reckon it cannot be quantified, because the individual cannot control impulsive spending. As long as numbers are involved, I think it can be quantified mostly.

Offline southcoastpunter

yes any individual can quantify the amount they spend on punting as a percentage of their income - its a relatively simple equation. The issue that i personally disagree with is the one that spending over X percent is "spending over your means" or is being "irresponsible". It varies per individual and can involve a number of factors!

i probably spend at least 50% of my income on punting, massage and particularly on SA activities. But I am well aware of that fact, and have both a "savings pot" more or less put aside for "fun" and a view that we don't know how long we have left on this earth or how long our mobility will be good so "make hay whilst the sun shines". I have worked out how long i can maintain this level of spending and plan to have as much fun as i can in this time. 

Offline Barnaby Bear

I suppose much hangs on the accepted definition of punting.  If it is the customary one of anything culiminating in sexual intercourse, then of recent times - nothing.  In previous times (years ago when I was full on), then perhaps £300-£400 a month.  Nowadays perhaps £100 to £150 per month but its mainly massage (sometimes with HE) - is that the same as punting?  If it is then that's my answer.

Offline robo90

After noticing my general spending, not just on punting, being a bit reckless at times I decided this year to keep more of a tab on things.

Decided I'd make sure I put by atleast £300 per week to cover expenses, with the next £100 going towards disposable income, anything above this £400 per week I'd split 40/60 between savings and the rest going into the disposable income fund.

That fund then I spend as I see fit, going on food, eating out, holidays etc and ofcourse punting. Some weeks I may be in the red but overall aslong as I've got a decent amount in the pot I spend as I see fit.

My situation may be different to alot of others though in that I can quite easily put in more hours to increase the fund with the added bonus that I'm not spending as much money while I'm working, it's a good incentive to saving up for something big aswell rather than having a separate 'pot' for that big purchase

Offline Everhard115

Probably around £200 a year just end up with a couple of half hour sessions. I can afford more but can't justify paying the rates being charged so hold onto my pennies till a time when prices become reasonable.

Offline lewisjones23

Probably around £200 a year just end up with a couple of half hour sessions. I can afford more but can't justify paying the rates being charged so hold onto my pennies till a time when prices become reasonable.

that will literally never happen

Offline Tecova

It varies.  I'm trying to become more discriminatory as opposed to giving newbies a chance.  I know I need to cut back a bit because I've got another hobby I want to devote time to now.

I think sage advice is if you think the girl you're about to meet will not be good, just turn around and save your money.  Trust your gut instinct.

Offline alabama1

It varies.  I'm trying to become more discriminatory as opposed to giving newbies a chance.  I know I need to cut back a bit because I've got another hobby I want to devote time to now.

I think sage advice is if you think the girl you're about to meet will not be good, just turn around and save your money. Trust your gut instinct.

SAGE is advising this ?

Offline Moby Dick

Don’t understand your logic.
It’s not about income, surely it’s about available funds after the boring stuff has been paid for.

What if you’ve paid off all your debts, no mortgage, cars paid for, kids grown up, inexpensive holidays, holiday home paid for, yet still work even though have no outgoings to worry about?

Are we supposed to waste the other 90% on drugs, tobacco, alcohol and gambling?
Or save it up for family members (who I don’t really like) to inherit?

Nah spend what the fuck you like, you’re a long time dead.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:59:48 pm by Moby Dick »

Offline alabama1

I reckon that the older you are , the more you should spend on punting. After all, you cant take it with you  :hi:

Offline Moby Dick

I reckon that the older you are , the more you should spend on punting. After all, you cant take it with you  :hi:
I wish I spent more when I was younger.
Wish I’d been more adventurous with extras and group fun.
Make the most of bookings with three or more pops an hour, instead of the one nowadays.

But relationships and family responsibilities spoilt that for me.
Making up for it now before it’s too late.

Offline houseboot

There's certainly some intriguing arguments especially around the irresponsibility of spending your disposable income, and I heavily agree that it's circumstantial based on the punters finances. Everyone has different values and in some cases punting can be a priority for some, I can't speak on other's but I feel you should be free to spend your earned money as you want, it's up to you to consider factors such as job security, paying off future liabilities, potential unemployment... the lot.

Applying percentages to unknown variables makes calculating risk a tad more difficult, someone's 20% - 30% could be £10,000 whilst another punters 20% - 30% could be £150 - £200. Just adding additional things to consider to the conversation.

All that money you've spent and ..... just ONE review  :thumbsdown:

Offline darealistkd

All that money you've spent and ..... just ONE review  :thumbsdown:

Nothing wrong with not dropping a review after a punt on here, I'm just used to writing them on AW is all, but alright.

Offline alabama1

Nothing wrong with not dropping a review after a punt on here, I'm just used to writing them on AW is all, but alright.
Not good enough  :thumbsdown:

Offline darealistkd