Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Gambia - any experiences?  (Read 133898 times)

Offline Pythagoras

Hidden Image/Members Only

Calvin Klein knickers, girl must have caring boyfriend.

The last two girls I saw didn’t wear any knickers.😜

Offline webpunter

This must have been a couple of years ago as its a while since your last review  ;)

Looking at your most recent review no knicks is truly frightening  :scare:  :sarcastic:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline toon972

Interesting.

Offline Asquith

Asquith,
Money wise, I take notes to last me the first month. Then I do money transfer using APS app transferring money from my uk bank to collect in Gambia. Transfer only cost £1 and the exchange rates is about the same has you get in the money exchange shops. This is more cost effective than using ATM cash points. Also the money exchange shops tend to short change you , if your changing large sums eg£500. So be cautious when you exchange your notes.

I have read many people mention APS - but a cursory search of Google brings up Companies House/UK Govt. and states 'Active proposal to strike off'. I won't comment as I have no personal business with them but this information is easy to find and wanted to make people aware to form their own judgement.

I'm a little nervous bringing huge amounts of cash. I'll decide nearer the time how much I am comfortable carrying and will just have to take the hit on bank charges.

Offline Pythagoras

I have read many people mention APS - but a cursory search of Google brings up Companies House/UK Govt. and states 'Active proposal to strike off'. I won't comment as I have no personal business with them but this information is easy to find and wanted to make people aware to form their own judgement.

I'm a little nervous bringing huge amounts of cash. I'll decide nearer the time how much I am comfortable carrying and will just have to take the hit on bank charges.

Wrong APS… It’s aps international hq Birmingham company house 06908056 status Active.
Whilst in Gambia you can go into their bank, do transfer and pick up there and then.

Offline Asquith

Wrong APS… It’s aps international hq Birmingham company house 06908056 status Active.
Whilst in Gambia you can go into their bank, do transfer and pick up there and then.

Good to know, my mistake! Thank you so much for correcting my error and sorry for the confusion (don't think I can delete my previous post?). I am glad, I liked the idea of having several options.

Offline BobTheJob

Just saw this and thought I’d share for anyone considering ‘going green’. It’s biased as they’re obviously promoting Gambia to drum up out-of-season trade but there’s a good amount of info on places open and stuff. Weather also. They had first rain overnight.

External Link/Members Only

Me, I’m on count down til December…..

Offline Asquith

Just saw this and thought I’d share for anyone considering ‘going green’. It’s biased as they’re obviously promoting Gambia to drum up out-of-season trade but there’s a good amount of info on places open and stuff. Weather also. They had first rain overnight.

Me, I’m on count down til December…..

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I wonder if anyone has any experience of staying long term or has spoken with any expats (not just in the Gambia but similar climates/conditions)? Part of the reason I am going for a longer stay is to see if it is viable for an even longer trip in the future; perhaps for one or two years. I can now work from anywhere and although my plan is to eventually end up in SE Asia, I'd like to experience Africa for a while before I hit the wrong side of 50.

My main concern is medication/malaria. For my upcoming trip I will be taking a combination of malaria meds with prep (I am not into bareback but know that if I end up with the same girl for a few days the chances of a heat of the moment slip up, or rather slip in, is high). I've had my kidneys tested, std checks etc. and I am not concerned about taking these medications together for a few months - but I am not sure about long term, despite my GP suggesting it's ok (though rather half-heartedly). And what about the copious amount of Deet and sunblock etc.?

I look forward to meeting some expats/likeminded people when I am out there but if anyone has any insights to share I'd be grateful.

Offline Brumish

There's. Good selection of YouTubers that you can glean a lot of info from.

Offline alpharius

Malaria meds and PREP should be fine. You're better off asking a pharmacist, they can check if there's any reactions between them

Offline JontyR

(I am not into bareback but know that if I end up with the same girl for a few days the chances of a heat of the moment slip up, or rather slip in, is high).

And higher if you are on prep I'd say.

Offline Asquith

I will be able to share some up to date information on girl friendly accommodation as my plans have changed. I've now managed to move work commitments around and I can have an extended holiday for just over eight weeks. The main consequence is that I no longer need to worry about internet connection. As such, I have changed my Air France flights and will now visit Ghana, which for me is more suited to a longer vacation. I'm still on the same EDI-CDG flight and then a slightly shorter wait until I board a flight to Accra.

The Gambia - I had booked two separate places to stay, Luigi's and Oasis. Both confirmed they are guest friendly. I made it blindingly obvious by initially asking if as a single man it was ok for me to have multiple visitors. When they both replied yes, I then sent a second email asking if they were sure, as I did not want to make any of the staff or other guests uncomfortable. Both replied that this was no problem and many guests had visitors. Both confirmed that the girl must have valid ID, but that this was for my protection. Luigi's added that they wanted to go out of their way to make sure I had a great time - I was in contact with the owner Julie (initially via contact form on the website and then subsequent emails) and she was really friendly. I was also in contact with Therese from Oasis Apartments and she was also friendly, if a little slower to reply. Plenty of mentions on here and other fora for Oasis, which might afford greater privacy whilst also being more affordable for the wallet.

Luigi's is certainly more expensive. I chose here for the period I thought I would be working. They have three back up generators with wired internet and confirmed it would be possible to work from there. It seemed as reliable as you could get in terms of West Africa of course. Luigi's has several different options with regard to price, though iirc the cheapest is something like £40 a night. It is a mixture of B&B and self-contained apartments, with a range of prices dependent on size, amenities etc.

I was quoted D39,500 for a month at Oasis (approx £580 - there is a smaller, cheaper room without washing machine/large fridge at approx £535) but you have to pay your own electricity and the internet costs. I obviously have no idea what the electric would cost but the internet is a flat charge for the month at either 10 or 20Mbs at D2530 and D4000 respectively (approx £37 and £58).

I am sure I will visit the Gambia one day but my future trip report will now obviously be for Ghana, though I don't leave until the end of September. Safe travels everyone.

Offline JayNW

Good luck with Ghana Asquith,from experience i found it to be very expensive,for everything,food,accomodation,drink,but far more Westernised than Gambia,hope you have an enjoyable stay.

Offline webpunter

Mucho higher !
And higher chances that whichever burd it is will be in touch a couple of months after you've left
With some news  :scare:
Its easy to go punting here even with regs / numerous visits with little or no risk
The SPs have little opportunity & little / zero incentive to find out who you are

Different there when you are staying @ whichever place it is, especially for an extended period 
Differences in TG regarding opportunity & incentive, are IMO significant
Especially if the burd 'moves' in, even for a few days
Its all but impossible to keep your details totally confidential
Especially if doing some work stuff whilst there

I reck taking prep is a bit like going out in some iffy place thinking you are safer carrying a gun or some other weapon
Rather than keeping your wits about you, a false sense of security arrives
Those likely to do you harm will be better armed & using whichever weapon is routine to them

And higher if you are on prep I'd say.

Offline Asquith

Thanks JayNW. I realise that Ghana is much more expensive than The Gambia, but I'm happy to pay more for an extended break at this time (no travel for some years). I'm more of a city person than a beach person and figure Ghana will be a bit more interesting for me overall (not just for punting). I'm not so young anymore that I need to punt twice a day anyway, so costs are manageable! From my research, the price of accommodation was a surprise, less so the cost(s) of everything else.

As for prep, well that's up to the individual, though I appreciate the concern. I am sure as hell not going to suddenly become blasé and complacent; as I said before I am not a young, inexperienced buck any longer. I don't care for BB and the worry that comes with it, however, there has been the occasional slip up in the heat of the moment and the worry that would come with that in sub-Saharan Africa is on a different level. But I am not going to suddenly stop wearing DEET just because I am taking Malarone. (And it is free, for me a no brainer.)

I go with an open mind but with my eyes also wide open. I am aware due care needs to be taken but Ghana is a big country with big cities, and I intend to explore and move around a bit. It will be my first time in Africa but I have punted far and wide. I will proceed with (probably too much) caution but to be honest I am less stressed about any negative aspects than I was when I first headed to Colombia.

As always any tips/advice would be most welcome (I will start a Ghana thread at some point so as not to derail this one). Many thanks.

Offline webpunter

Here's a new high end development underway
Reckon when completed some will hit the rental market
No doubt pricier so more for a shorter rather than a longer stay

Offline Dinekid7

Anyomey able to recommend any guest friendly hotels, I believe luigi and oasis were Airbnb's, was banking on booking Balafon but when I enquire they said visitors would not be allowed in rooms... Not sure how much stock I can take in that
But yh any help is appreciated even in a private message

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:30:28 pm by Dinekid7 »

Offline waterboyfint

I've stayed here in the past, was always guest friendly and right on the strip, check with them re guests in case of any changes External Link/Members Only

Offline ronthebrummie

Been looking at trip Oct/Nov time Tui fly from LGW and Man I can get an Air France flight from Brum via Paris travel time is longer but if I add the travel time to either airport it probably works out the same.

So would would Senegambia or Kololi be a good trip?

What cost of taxi from airport?

Recommendations appreciated.

I have scanned through post but it’s mostly pre covid so up to date if possible
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:53:42 pm by ronthebrummie »

Offline insignia

Senagambia and kololi are roughly the same place mate. Taxi about a tenner

Offline Dinekid7

All booked, will be sure to detail my experience in December on my return, did the Honourable thing and ready the thread front to back, very helpful especially the difference between the Pros and the locals, counting down the days.  :hi:

Offline webpunter

The Gambia tells UK grandmothers to seek toy boys elsewhere

West African nation hopes to shed its reputation as a haven for European sex tourists and wants the UK Government to lend a hand

These grandmothers travelling there for sex, its shocking  :rolleyes: :lol:

Edit: cant access the full article as dont have an online Torygraph subscription
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:05:12 am by webpunter »

Offline insignia

Will never forget my very first night in TG. Me and wife were in the late bar in palma rima just after midnight it was only us in there. Suddeny the doors open and in walks 4 people, 2 x 18 gambian boys with 2 english grannys both on zimmers, blue rinses and legs covered in bandages. They get a drink and sit down where straight away they are into DFK hands wandering everywhere, it was grose to watch. Im not often speechless but i will never forget that sight. That was my first memory, thankfully i have 100s of better ones

Offline webpunter

i went to TG with the OH [ex donkeys ago]
i'd had an occasional dabble at paid for so wasnt as switched on as now
even so it was stand out obvious that women of a certain age were entertaining the local yoofs
the guys looked fit & were probably hung like rogue donkeys
there were a couple of milfs with two guys having a long boozy lunch before retiring
one of the women was in her late 50s & i would.  Deffo 
the other could have been good for a gum job if she took her teeth out
another woman on her own was lunching & drinks with two guys
guessing she had a spit roast in the afternoon & then a spit roast for dinner from the evening bbq  :D
the female led action was mostly during the day
then in the evening it was the turn of the western guys
some of the gambian SPs were 'as black as the ace' & fit
a lovely sheen covered in johnsons & a cum shot which would really stand out

Offline Amluthar

Edit: cant access the full article as dont have an online Torygraph subscription

That link should let you read it.

Offline BobTheJob

Quote from the article....

“What we want is quality tourists,” said Abubacarr S. Camara, director of the Gambia Tourism Board. “Tourists that come to enjoy the country and the culture, but not tourists that come just for sex.”

I know when I'm not wanted :(

Offline Malvolio

You can claim you're there for a bit of winter sun...but when the sun goes down, you've got to find something else to fill the time.

Offline JontyR

To me it sounds that they want the money to be spread out a bit more on wider hospitality and supporting the economy. Not just straight into the pockets of SPs. 

Offline webpunter

Heads up their arses
Its pretty basic, a cheap holiday destination for some sun which aint too far away & a nice vibe
I wouldnt have it as a 'destination'
However fringe minge benefits
Punters [male & female] are paying for hotels property rentals, eating out & drinking etc
There are taxi drivers & people who work @ the airport & support services
And a good few punters go for extended stays rather than just a week or two
The SPs havent many opportunities to earn a comparitively high amount of money to support their families
The tourism officials [on their well paid jobs] have ideas above their station
& highlighting that TG is a punters paradise perhaps aint the best strategy

To me it sounds that they want the money to be spread out a bit more on wider hospitality and supporting the economy. Not just straight into the pockets of SPs.

Offline BobTheJob

Heads up their arses
Its pretty basic, a cheap holiday destination for some sun which aint too far away & a nice vibe
I wouldnt have it as a 'destination'
However fringe minge benefits
Punters [male & female] are paying for hotels property rentals, eating out & drinking etc
There are taxi drivers & people who work @ the airport & support services
And a good few punters go for extended stays rather than just a week or two
The SPs havent many opportunities to earn a comparitively high amount of money to support their families
The tourism officials [on their well paid jobs] have ideas above their station
& highlighting that TG is a punters paradise perhaps aint the best strategy

You're not wrong mate. Gambia was for many a relatively cheap getaway. At current prices it's no longer cheap that's for sure. Sun, sea, and ok grub and alcohol made it for me. But once you've done the limited tourist trips there ain't much else to do but laze on a beach or by a pool. But the thing is, the place in general is a bit of a shit hole. Yes, you read that right....I might bang on about how I love the TG but it is a bit of a hole. Only if they were to completely upgrade almost everything would they even begin to attract their target visitors. Yes recently there are some up market hotels pandering to the all-inclusive rich fuckers. But they ain't the types to be going out doing community service and spending their dosh where it's needed most....with the fuckin locals!

Ok, I understand that they don't want Gambia to be known as a destination for sex BUT imagine the money that those visiting for that purpose bring to the country. It must be a huge percentage of all income generated via tourism. A lot of people directly and indirectly benefit from that income. And imagine, they want to put a stop to punting related activities! Not the wisest plan for sure. Bit like Las Vegas saying no to gambling!

Offline Marmalade

Hi guys newbie here hoping to gain a wealth of your expertise
im off to the Gambia for 2 weeks and a mate has told me its more difficult not to pull than it is to
so looking for your experiences if any im planning on talking a handful of jonnies in case I get lucky
so what are the do's and donts

There seem to be quite frequently a lot of OP queries in this section by "guest" -- anonymous users with no input or feedback. Might I respectfully suggest that some of these yellow-page-query fuckers actually consider, if they have a moment, that they could take the time to fucking well join?

Offline Brumish

There seem to be quite frequently a lot of OP queries in this section by "guest" -- anonymous users with no input or feedback. Might I respectfully suggest that some of these yellow-page-query fuckers actually consider, if they have a moment, that they could take the time to fucking well join?

Think they're quite old quotes you're highlighting there...around 7 years old in fact  :unknown:

Offline webpunter

The point is relevant, if only to remind UKP surfers in general that joining would be good start
And doing some reviews after a short induction period

Think they're quite old quotes you're highlighting there...around 7 years old in fact  :unknown:

Edit:  on the subject of old, next month its two years since your last [old] review.  Are you on a sabbatical ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:00:12 pm by webpunter »

Offline Brumish

The point is relevant, if only to remind UKP surfers in general that joining would be good start
And doing some reviews after a short induction period

Edit:  on the subject of old, next month its two years since your last [old] review.  Are you on a sabbatical ?

I'm not of Jewish faith

Offline sparkus

Offline southcoastpunter

anyone been in the last month or two? Or booked on the Tui flights in November? I am thinking about going out mid November for a week  which will be my first visit to Gambia. Have read and enjoyed this thread but any up to date information would be appreciated.

Offline JayNW

Cost of flight`s are ridiculous as is accomodation,eating out,airport tax,the Gambian`s seem to be shooting their own economy in the foot,i wont be travelling there at current prices,probably wait till March.

Offline BobTheJob

Cost of flight`s are ridiculous as is accomodation,eating out,airport tax,the Gambian`s seem to be shooting their own economy in the foot,i wont be travelling there at current prices,probably wait till March.

Yes mate....flight prices are stoopid :thumbsdown:

Sad to say my birthday jaunt is not happening. As much as I want to get back out there and see my girlies I can't justify the expense. Putting it on hold until the new year in the hope that prices start to drop. I did see somewhere Gambia Experience were giving a 10% discount but at the prices I saw it was still going to be way too expensive.

Offline insignia

Its actually cheaper to have a 10 night package holiday to thailand

Offline BobTheJob

Its actually cheaper to have a 10 night package holiday to thailand

Oi you....stop putting ideas in my head. As I recall you were the one responsible for my Gambia addiction. I don't need another one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Dinekid7

Yes mate....flight prices are stoopid :thumbsdown:

Sad to say my birthday jaunt is not happening. As much as I want to get back out there and see my girlies I can't justify the expense. Putting it on hold until the new year in the hope that prices start to drop. I did see somewhere Gambia Experience were giving a 10% discount but at the prices I saw it was still going to be way too expensive.

Im curious, i have my flight book January, cost me just under a grand, flights and hotel, 10 nights

The way you Gambian veterans are talking sounds like i have been fleeced?

Offline insignia

Bit of research. Flights just under 600 used to be 250ish and hotel.com around 350 a week. Apts on booking.com around 200 but probably shitholes.
Bob i was guilty for your addiction but i make no apologies haha

Offline BobTheJob

Im curious, i have my flight book January, cost me just under a grand, flights and hotel, 10 nights

The way you Gambian veterans are talking sounds like i have been fleeced?

You've not been fleeced mate. You're just paying current prices which are WAY more than what we were paying a few years ago. Gambia back then was a cheap destination. For my first time in 2018 I did a package deal in April with Tommy Cook and had 7 nights hotel b&b/flights/luggage/transfers and off site parking at Gatwick for £450. Think the flights on their own would have been something like £200 hand luggage only but SO cheap. Second time I did 10 nights hotel b&b later that year in December and paid £700 for similar. Time of year and a shade better accom pushed the cost up. Flight only prices were something like £250?

Last time I was out there was 14 nights March this year. Did flight and stuff only for a shade under £300 and remember thinking that was expensive. Booked accom direct myself and got a good deal at £400 with the run of a quiet hotel, huge double room b&b and basically coming and going with guests at no extra charge as much as I possibly could manage. Happy days!

Now, like you've paid, and for what ever reasons, I can see much higher prices for the current season. For me it's no longer that cheap destination. I'm hearing on the grapevine that is quiet out there. It's early season still so it might pick up but it seems the price hikes have put off many. Still....less visitors punters will surely mean the girlies will flock to you when you strut your stuff. You've paid so forget the cost and just enjoy. Who knows, if I can find a good deal somewhere i might get out there again myself ;)

Offline Malvolio

I've booked time off work in January - my plan is to sit tight and grab a deal a couple of weeks before my leave starts.  Will see how that works out.

Offline webpunter

Last minute usually works well
Just dont leave pre punting trip preparation until the same timeline
Like plenty of [reliable] nodders, plenty of lube, plenty of johnsons, kamagra & a gambia sim
I'd even ponder getting another punting smart phone - must have WhatsApp & maps - just for TG

I've booked time off work in January - my plan is to sit tight and grab a deal a couple of weeks before my leave starts.  Will see how that works out.

Offline Dinekid7

Last minute usually works well
Just dont leave pre punting trip preparation until the same timeline
Like plenty of [reliable] nodders, plenty of lube, plenty of johnsons, kamagra & a gambia sim
I'd even ponder getting another punting smart phone - must have WhatsApp & maps - just for TG

As in baby oil?

Afrocell is the mobile carrier i have seen out there, any experience on how good the coverage is, as like you said google maps is a must, but my fear is of a shitty service and I end up not lost, just not..... Well yh actually lost.

Offline Pythagoras

Africell and Qtel are the main call and data providers, writing this on Africell mobile.

It’s 34C at the moment, and has been the day time average for the last week.
Most of the bars are now open , Senegambia quite busy last weekend. The police have been having a purge on keeping the girls out of inside Senegambia until 11pm. I walked past the checkpoint the other night to see six girls waiting to enter. All of them were desirable.
Seen a few punters loved up with cuties, they seem to have a couple of drinks and order a takeaway Pizza, before going to explore the desires of the flesh.
Walked along the strip on Tuesday all the bars were active,
Time Inn ( aka Half time Inn ) since it’s space reduction. Now has a takeaway, not sure if it’s for food or girls 😅
For my sins I’m on girl number four intend to rota three of them …. Until

Offline BobTheJob

Good to hear from someone with an update on the current situation. Keep us informed Pythagoras :thumbsup:

You were always nailed on for a takeout in 'Half' Time.....brilliant name by the way......but I'm not sure I'd want to sample any food from there!? :lol: :lol:

Offline Pythagoras

Update,
Riots in Bakau tonight following the murder / abduction of a young taxi driver. People protesting due to lack of security with the current government.
Bakau does have some hotels used by tourists.

Kololi, last weekend a Dutch couple were robbed by armed robbers whilst in their apartment. The couple regularly travelled to Gambia. They lost €8000, and D40,000. Even though the robbers had the money, they still cut the couples legs and arms.
If your a newby coming to Gambia, I advise booking hotel.

Well I’m enjoying the football, sure Sunday game with Senegal will be exciting here.