Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The Politics Thread  (Read 113213 times)

Offline RedKettle

I'm sure the Russian media has something to say about it, but we don't get to hear what they say.

Maybe I should start watching Al Jazeera or some other news channels.

A senior Russian military figure recently gave a negative view on the invasion on state owned TV, I suspect he has disappeared now.

Offline RedKettle

what scales?
I think it's objectively a bad thing to attack another country and it's inhabitants.
Within that there has to be a reason for that attack.
We happen to disagree on the reasons.
Putin has had to deal with NATO encroachment for years and clearly has thought enough is enough.
It's quite clear the US has been meddling in Ukraine for years.
Surely no one is going to dispute that.
They have also been waging a campaign to paint Russia as a pariah state in their mainstream media for years.
Even Obama recognised the danger and actually withdrew from an arms deal when he was in power.
This really ramped up when Clinton lost the 2016 election to a clown despite having spent 1 billion dollars on a campaign.
Rather than having a modicum of self-reflection they decided Russia was the culprit aided and abetted by Wikileaks.
Two failed impeachments later.
One based on a now discredited dossier and which was laughable in the extreme and the other based on Trump fishing for dirt on the admittedly suspect dealings of the Biden family and the cat was out of the bag.
The real reason seems to be a full scale propaganda campaign against Russia.
So Putin has every reason to be suspicious of the US motives.
It's a pity you seem to trust them implicitly.
There are no heroes here.

Most of what you say there has nothing to do with this conflict. 

To pick up the one relevant point on NATO encroachment - if Russia makes countries so scared that they ask to join is that really the fault of NATO?  Does not the fact that so many countries want to join show it as a good organisation?  Ukraine has applied in the past and was turned down so it was hardly a case of NATO seeking to encroach.

By his actions he has driven two neutral countries into NATO - how is that the responsibility of anyone other than Russia?

Finally how much work has the US had to do to "paint Russia as a pariah state"?  Russia destroyed towns in Syria, murdered political opponents, poisoned people in the UK, committed cyber attacks on various countries etc etc.  If some secret US agency was given that job the boss has just sat back with his feet up taking a pay check whilst Putin did the work for him.

Offline chris9005

Johnson getting no more Fixed Penalty Notices... Am I the only 76yo in the UK who thinks the Met police are instiutionally corrupt?

Offline jackdaw

Johnson getting no more Fixed Penalty Notices... Am I the only 76yo in the UK who thinks the Met police are instiutionally corrupt?

The logic of fining him for one offence and not fining him for another apparently identical actions certainly escapes me.

But suppose “institutionally corrupt” might be harsh, it sort of implies it’s essential to be corrupt to serve in the Met…and its probably not a job requirement (to be corrupt), just something that sometimes happens, given the number of serving officers, all with the possibility of human fallibility.

Offline King Nuts

you like citing orwell but i suspect you have no real grasp of his views, i think we can safely say that orwell would be cheering for team ukraine.

You have an unerring ability to hit the wrong note AND be vaguely insulting, all at the same time.

Offline King Nuts

You seriously should.

Find some Russian newspaper websites and use Google translate. It's good to hear all sides of the argument.

The problem I have with some people who rail against mainstream media as spoonfeeding us a narrative is that they fail to see that alternative media sources do exactly the same.

The internet is designed to make us all gravitate towards the links and sites that reflect our thoughts and feelings and when we find like minded people saying what we feel we feel validated and emboldened with our own personal views.

I really struggle to see how people can look at a complex geo-political situation and say this is black and this is white. There's too much nuance to see through so our opinions are just that.....opinions.

All good points. Getting away from groupthink is difficult. I have some friends who are otherwise pretty smart and decent people but who are deep into the rabbit holes of extreme conspiracy thinking (Trump, Royal family, Rothschilds, world banking cartel, reptiles running the world etc) and while I find some of their ideas as amusing as they are utterly implausible, I sense they take a great deal of comfort in them.

Maybe I'm remembering this all wrong, but when The Independent was launched in 1986, I recall it being about as unbiased as a paper could be. Its descent into the margins of gossip and low-grade leftist thinking has been tragic.

Likewise, one used to be able to rely on the BBC but their impartiality went out of the window decades ago. Too many people there have still not gotten over Thatcher and when you see and hear people like Jon Snow leading the chant of 'Fuck the Tories' to a bunch of middle-aged, middle class oiks at Glastonbury, it shows how un-radical, puerile, backwards-looking and conservative (small 'c') contemporary mainstream thinking in the media has become. No radical and truly progressive ideas have come from the Left in decades.

Offline sir wanksalot

All good points. Getting away from groupthink is difficult. I have some friends who are otherwise pretty smart and decent people but who are deep into the rabbit holes of extreme conspiracy thinking (Trump, Royal family, Rothschilds, world banking cartel, reptiles running the world etc) and while I find some of their ideas as amusing as they are utterly implausible, I sense they take a great deal of comfort in them.

Maybe I'm remembering this all wrong, but when The Independent was launched in 1986, I recall it being about as unbiased as a paper could be. Its descent into the margins of gossip and low-grade leftist thinking has been tragic.

Likewise, one used to be able to rely on the BBC but their impartiality went out of the window decades ago. Too many people there have still not gotten over Thatcher and when you see and hear people like Jon Snow leading the chant of 'Fuck the Tories' to a bunch of middle-aged, middle class oiks at Glastonbury, it shows how un-radical, puerile, backwards-looking and conservative (small 'c') contemporary mainstream thinking in the media has become. No radical and truly progressive ideas have come from the Left in decades.

And I bet if you try to argue with them about their beliefs you will never win

Maybe we have to accept that every media source "takes a position". Even the ones who believe they sit on the fence and give us a fair view of both sides. How do they know where to position that fence???

I consider myself to be open minded, sceptical, and balanced yet I find myself debating with people on this topic (yourself included) because I feel that impartiality and balance isn't being applied to that person's argument and yet...........how can I be the judge of what an "impartial position" is?

Watch left wing news, watch right wing news and watch news that claims to be impartial and then make your own mind up.

Offline jackdaw

And I bet if you try to argue with them about their beliefs you will never win

Maybe we have to accept that every media source "takes a position". Even the ones who believe they sit on the fence and give us a fair view of both sides. How do they know where to position that fence???

I consider myself to be open minded, sceptical, and balanced yet I find myself debating with people on this topic (yourself included) because I feel that impartiality and balance isn't being applied to that person's argument and yet...........how can I be the judge of what an "impartial position" is?

Watch left wing news, watch right wing news and watch news that claims to be impartial and then make your own mind up.

But that’s would be amazingly time consuming.

And really to what end? Most of us aren’t cabinet ministers and our views are not going to change what Comrade Putin and Bojo are going to do.

Where I think most of us err is sticking to opinions too slavishly when reality is we’ve formed those opinions on very little data.

And I actually think that’s near universal…in my experience a fair number of scientists seem to be very sure about things they actually have little knowledge or experience of. And non scientists even more prone to “knowing things” on zilch evidence.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:29:22 pm by jackdaw »

Online JontyR

Where I think most of us err is sticking to opinions too slavishly when reality is we’ve formed those opinions on very little data.

This. There's also a belief that it is a sign of weakness for altering your view - even if new overwhelming evidence has come to light. Personally I don't think that it is. Quite the opposite in fact.

Offline willie loman

You have an unerring ability to hit the wrong note AND be vaguely insulting, all at the same time.

you irritate people not because of your contrarian views, self proclaimed, but because you are so up yourself,believing that you alone have the forensic intelligence to decode the worlds press etc, you are in fact a banal individual, with a medley of bigoted views.

Offline mh

The logic of fining him for one offence and not fining him for another apparently identical actions certainly escapes me.

Worse than that, other attendees at illegal gatherings Johnson attended are being fined for them, while he isn't. There are claims they were strategy meetings for him, but parties for the underlings.

I wonder if those being thrown under the bus will appreciate this and release their photos...?

Offline PatMacGroin

Worse than that, other attendees at illegal gatherings Johnson attended are being fined for them, while he isn't. There are claims they were strategy meetings for him, but parties for the underlings.

I wonder if those being thrown under the bus will appreciate this and release their photos...?

I saw one news report with a female police officer being interviewed, got the impression she held a senior position in the investigating team. She seemed to be suggesting that Boris only got 1 fine because:

- The restrictions criteria changed several times over the period being investigated.
- That in some circumstances he was treated differently because Downing Street is also his home, not just his place of work.

I got the impression that most of the fines issued to members of the public were usually targeted at the hosts of occasions where people had gathered illegally. Weren't they actually getting larger fines than the people attending any proscribed events? If it is being regarded as his home, surely he is even more responsible for the activities taking place there. Sounds like the Met has leaned towards being lenient to BoJo where they can.

Hopefully the Sue Grey report will be published in full, and include details of all the evidence looked at by the police. But I won't set my hopes too high for an honest impartial review. Especially when hers is probably one of the 91k jobs being considered for the axe.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:07:57 pm by PatMacGroin »

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Most of what you say there has nothing to do with this conflict. 

To pick up the one relevant point on NATO encroachment - if Russia makes countries so scared that they ask to join is that really the fault of NATO?  Does not the fact that so many countries want to join show it as a good organisation?  Ukraine has applied in the past and was turned down so it was hardly a case of NATO seeking to encroach.

By his actions he has driven two neutral countries into NATO - how is that the responsibility of anyone other than Russia?

Finally how much work has the US had to do to "paint Russia as a pariah state"?  Russia destroyed towns in Syria, murdered political opponents, poisoned people in the UK, committed cyber attacks on various countries etc etc.  If some secret US agency was given that job the boss has just sat back with his feet up taking a pay check whilst Putin did the work for him.
I honestly don't know where to start here.
So much to unpick.  If you think a six year campaign of painting Russia as the root of the world's troubles is coincidence then you must be very naive.
Russiagate. Practically filled the MSNBC schedules and coincidentally that channel is chock full of ex-CIA and other state actors. I find it laughable when they point to Russian and North Korean media.
They've run stories on Russian bounties on US forces in Afghanistan and had to take it back.
They are relentless and this is all to get the US population compliant to the idea of spending all their tax receipts on defence because they know it isn't a popular policy position.
They did it with Saddam. And Assad. And Iran.
As for the things he has done.
Syria was a US project from the very start.
General Wesley Clark said in an interview that Rumsfeld had a list of countries as targets for destabilisation and regime change.
Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and finally Iran.
The US policy created ISIS.
They've armed Al-Nusra.
They practically created Al Qaeda from the support of the Mujahideen.
And you want to blame Putin for the destruction of Syria?
That assertion alone should make your opinions worthless.
And as for the cyber warfare. Holy fuck.
The NSA was spying on the American people.
They were caught bugging Angela Merkel's phone FFS.
When Obama was in office. The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Either you know all this and still come to your conclusion that Putin is uniquely bad or you are just supremely ignorant.
I'm not sure.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

I don't think we do disagree on the reasons. I think I've actually posted here that Nato have actively participated in painting Putin into a corner but how do we know that if Nato's borders never expanded that Putin still wouldn't find a reason to invade Ukraine...........we don't. I am not saying he would have had only that who knows what he wants to do?

I don't trust the US implicitly and it's disappointing that you are unable to read and understand someone's posts and come to that conclusion. By the same score I don't automatically take an opposing view either just for the sake of it.

I actually don't trust anyone!
Why did the US resist all attempts at negotiation?
I don't know for a fact that Putin would have delayed or suspended or stopped the invasion.
I do think it was worth a try.
I was surprised he invaded because I'm so used to US media passing on propaganda to their UK counterparts I thought it was more BS.
I suspect a flattened Ukraine was worth it to them for the PR.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

you like citing orwell but i suspect you have no real grasp of his views, i think we can safely say that orwell would be cheering for team ukraine.
I saw this and had to chuckle.
The thought of the great writer falling for the obvious bullshit fed to the masses by the US empire is so ridiculous I think you should maybe read 1984 again if you haven't already.

Offline king tarzan

I saw one news report with a female police officer being interviewed, got the impression she held a senior position in the investigating team. She seemed to be suggesting that Boris only got 1 fine because:

- The restrictions criteria changed several times over the period being investigated.
- That in some circumstances he was treated differently because Downing Street is also his home, not just his place of work.

I got the impression that most of the fines issued to members of the public were usually targeted at the hosts of occasions where people had gathered illegally. Weren't they actually getting larger fines than the people attending any proscribed events? If it is being regarded as his home, surely he is even more responsible for the activities taking place there. Sounds like the Met has leaned towards being lenient to BoJo where they can.

Hopefully the Sue Grey report will be published in full, and include details of all the evidence looked at by the police. But I won't set my hopes too high for an honest impartial review. Especially when hers is probably one of the 91k jobs being considered for the axe.

Was she hot???
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Squire Haggard

I saw this and had to chuckle.
The thought of the great writer falling for the obvious bullshit fed to the masses by the US empire is so ridiculous I think you should maybe read 1984 again if you haven't already.

He saw straight through the USSR with 1984 and Animal Farm, like water running down a drain. He would have no problems seeing through the current post USSR Russian dictatorship. I doubt that he would share your views that the US is a bigger shithouse than Russia, or North Korea. He never did in his lifetime, and I see no reason why his views would be different if he was alive now.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

He saw straight through the USSR with 1984 and Animal Farm, like water running down a drain. He would have no problems seeing through the current post USSR Russian dictatorship. I doubt that he would share your views that the US is a bigger shithouse than Russia, or North Korea. He never did in his lifetime, and I see no reason why his views would be different if he was alive now.
Russia wasn't a country for the majority of his lifetime.
It was the USSR from 1917 to the 1980s.
It was Russia with a Tsar as head of state pre 1917.
Hardly a paragon of democracy.
Russia since the 1990s is nothing like the Stalin era Soviet Union much as the Neo-cons would like us to believe.
And he would definitely see shades of 1984 in the West with the current drive for censorship.
The United States is a bigger shit house than any country in the world.
Other countries may suppress their own people but the US empire is in a league of its own with bullying other countries around the world into accepting their hegemony.
800 overseas bases might be a clue.

Offline willie loman

Russia wasn't a country for the majority of his lifetime.
It was Russia with a Tsar as head of state pre 1917.
Hardly a paragon of democracy.
Russia since the 1990s is nothing like the Stalin era Soviet Union much as the Neo-cons would like us to believe.
And he would definitely see shades of 1984 in the West with the current drive for censorship.
Other countries may suppress their own people but the US empire is in a league of its own with bullying other countries around the world into accepting their hegemony.

can you explain what is the current drive for censorship?

Offline Jomoore

Many regard this as generosity on behalf of the USA acting as "policeman of the world", to all of our benefits, particularly for example regards Germany during the cold war  :hi:

Offline Squire Haggard

It is a shithouse, but I would rank North Korea and Russia as worse. I dont share your hatred of Israel and the US, above all others. :)

Online JontyR

Try again. There's a lot of history and understanding that can come from study of the civil war that followed the October Revolution.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

can you explain what is the current drive for censorship?
The media obsession with 'disinformation' and pressure on the social media companies to police content.
It's presented as benign but is actually in practice the banning of accounts which dispute the orthodox worldview.
They started with Alex Jones because they knew he was 'out there'  and so there was little outcry apart from his followers and some free speech absolutists.
Then Donald Trump was removed from Twitter for disputing the election.
Next thing you knew there was a huge drive to get Joe Rogan thrown off for 'Covid misinformation ' by putting pressure on Spotify .
It was amplifier when a few artists took their catalogue off Spotify.
Now we have the Ukraine War and anti War voices are being silenced.
RT ring any bells?
Why do you think there was a huge outcry over Twitter being bought by Elon Musk by people who have no issues with their other major shareholders ( The Saudi Government and Vanguard) or by Jeff Bezos owning the Washington Post .
I now assume it's all propaganda especially when I'm bombarded by it all day long.
I'm almost at the stage where the sound of Jeremy Vine's voice evokes a silent scream.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Try again. There's a lot of history and understanding that can come from study of the civil war that followed the October Revolution.
You knew what I meant.
Orwell was disillusioned with Communism by the bastardisation of what Marxism promised with the reality in human hands.
I doubt he would be impressed with the economic imperialism we have today .
And anyone who thinks he would have Iraq fresh in his mind and then go along with this 'team Ukraine' BS is taking a pretty big leap.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

It is a shithouse, but I would rank North Korea and Russia as worse. I dont share your hatred of Israel and the US, above all others. :)
So you're fine with what Israel did last week?
Killing a journalist and attacking the pallbearers at her funeral?
I'm no can of the personality cult of Kim but I doubt he has designs on world domination.
The US on the other hand.........

Offline King Nuts

Much has been written and debated about as to why in '1984' Britain's currency was the dollar and the country was nominally part of the USA. I suspect it was his dig at both sides.

Offline King Nuts

Then Donald Trump was removed from Twitter for disputing the election.

I recall Mr Trump saying at the time that it wasn't him they were after. It was the rest of us. And he was just in the way.

Offline king tarzan

I recall Mr Trump saying at the time that it wasn't him they were after. It was the rest of us. And he was just in the way.

I liked a lot of his views... Even though he was an idiot

Offline RedKettle

I honestly don't know where to start here.
So much to unpick.  If you think a six year campaign of painting Russia as the root of the world's troubles is coincidence then you must be very naive.
Russiagate. Practically filled the MSNBC schedules and coincidentally that channel is chock full of ex-CIA and other state actors. I find it laughable when they point to Russian and North Korean media.
They've run stories on Russian bounties on US forces in Afghanistan and had to take it back.
They are relentless and this is all to get the US population compliant to the idea of spending all their tax receipts on defence because they know it isn't a popular policy position.
They did it with Saddam. And Assad. And Iran.
As for the things he has done.
Syria was a US project from the very start.
General Wesley Clark said in an interview that Rumsfeld had a list of countries as targets for destabilisation and regime change.
Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and finally Iran.
The US policy created ISIS.
They've armed Al-Nusra.
They practically created Al Qaeda from the support of the Mujahideen.
And you want to blame Putin for the destruction of Syria?
That assertion alone should make your opinions worthless.
And as for the cyber warfare. Holy fuck.
The NSA was spying on the American people.
They were caught bugging Angela Merkel's phone FFS.
When Obama was in office. The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Either you know all this and still come to your conclusion that Putin is uniquely bad or you are just supremely ignorant.
I'm not sure.

You are sounding increasingly like a lunatic in the asylum. Not worth engaging with you, I have answered some of your ramblings but you ignore that and just cut and paste rubbish. Please put me on ignore and go away.

Offline King Nuts

I liked a lot of his views... Even though he was an idiot

Seeing as this is the politics thread..... I think a lot of people were and are conflicted about Trump. The classic view is that he's an idiot, and bombastic, egocentric, sexist...blah blah. We all know the sneering narrative. You couldn't avoid it while he was the President.

But secretly, a lot of people admired him. People who'd never dare utter anything positive about him in 'polite' company.

People tend to forget that the guy's a product of Manhattan. The Hugo Boss (I'm guessing) suits, 'I've got more money than you', 'my dick's bigger than yours', 'my wife's got more expensive tits' etc etc. Manhattan is, or used to be, full of people like that. In Manhattan, someone like Trump isn't remotely unusual.

But what he's not, is an idiot. People thought Reagan was an idiot. They heard Reagan's radio addresses and his down-home, fireside chats to the American people and thought he must be dumb. But he wasn't. Not in the slightest.

Nothing wrong with disliking or even hating Trump and Reagan. But history is already now kind to Reagan. Remains to be seen with Trump.

Offline king tarzan

Seeing as this is the politics thread..... I think a lot of people were and are conflicted about Trump. The classic view is that he's an idiot, and bombastic, egocentric, sexist...blah blah. We all know the sneering narrative. You couldn't avoid it while he was the President.

But secretly, a lot of people admired him. People who'd never dare utter anything positive about him in 'polite' company.

People tend to forget that the guy's a product of Manhattan. The Hugo Boss (I'm guessing) suits, 'I've got more money than you', 'my dick's bigger than yours', 'my wife's got more expensive tits' etc etc. Manhattan is, or used to be, full of people like that. In Manhattan, someone like Trump isn't remotely unusual.

But what he's not, is an idiot. People thought Reagan was an idiot. They heard Reagan's radio addresses and his down-home, fireside chats to the American people and thought he must be dumb. But he wasn't. Not in the slightest.

Nothing wrong with disliking or even hating Trump and Reagan. But history is already now kind to Reagan. Remains to be seen with Trump.

I like to be face first view
Not be a sissy panzy incase I offend a sensitive sissy individuals

Offline King Nuts

The media obsession with 'disinformation' and pressure on the social media companies to police content.

It might be the other way around. Not sure anyone leans on the likes of FB and Twitter to 'police' content, so much as their almost puritanical obsession with what they perceive as 'truth' has led to them that point.

It's like when people complain about an abundance of 'diversity' in tv drama and commercials. There's no regulation or law making them do that. Broadcasters and production companies have taken it upon themselves to do it. It's almost become like a competition between them, in the race to gain maximum woke points.

Offline King Nuts

I like to be face first view
Not be a sissy panzy incase I offend a sensitive sissy individuals

Can anyone translate this?

Offline king tarzan

Can anyone translate this?

What I mean is I believe in be real...not two faced..

Offline King Nuts

you irritate people not because of your contrarian views, self proclaimed, but because you are so up yourself,believing that you alone have the forensic intelligence to decode the worlds press etc, you are in fact a banal individual, with a medley of bigoted views.

If only your insults were a little more imaginative, you could almost make buffoonery an art form.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

You are sounding increasingly like a lunatic in the asylum. Not worth engaging with you, I have answered some of your ramblings but you ignore that and just cut and paste rubbish. Please put me on ignore and go away.
it's a forum
 I'm not going to go away.
I'll ignore you if I feel like it.
If you persist in posting obvious rubbish I'll answer.
Ignore it if you want.
You sound like you ignore anything that disrupts your worldview anyway.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

I've definitely softened a bit in my views towards him.
I definitely think the establishment were scared of him revealing too much of the shit they wanted to hide.
And how anyone could follow the two impeachment trials and come away thinking US politicians had an ounce of credibility is beyond me.
Interesting times ahead if he runs again especially with Biden declining rapidly.

Offline king tarzan

I definitely think the establishment were scared of him revealing too much of the shit they wanted to hide.
And how anyone could follow the two impeachment trials and come away thinking US politicians had an ounce of credibility is beyond me.
Interesting times ahead if he runs again especially with Biden declining rapidly.

He could regain the title????
Very strong chance

Offline King Nuts

Biden. What can one say? The falling asleep in meetings, the hair sniffing, the incoherent speeches, the belligerence with reporters etc. He gets away with a lot, same as W Clinton did, with his Oval Office BJs and Lord knows what else. The US media skews Democrat, always has done.

Trump makes one locker-room quip, years ago, and HE's the sexist, and thus damned forever.

PR, huh. Good business to be in. You get to decide who the good guys are.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Biden. What can one say? The falling asleep in meetings, the hair sniffing, the incoherent speeches, the belligerence with reporters etc. He gets away with a lot, same as W Clinton did, with his Oval Office BJs and Lord knows what else. The US media skews Democrat, always has done.

Trump makes one locker-room quip, years ago, and HE's the sexist, and thus damned forever.

PR, huh. Good business to be in. You get to decide who the good guys are.
you forgot the plagiarism, blatant corruption and past ties with segregationists .
I guess if you're in the pockets of big Pharma and Wall Street you get excused a lot.
If you go up against them they dig up that you never left the waitress a tip in 1977
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 03:16:20 pm by mills_and_bhuna »

Offline willie loman

If only your insults were a little more imaginative, you could almost make buffoonery an art form.

you view yourself as some sort of keith joseph figure with "controversial views", you are actually another victor meldrew, even on  a topic like drugs, where you genuinely could have  thought "outside of the box" you just come out with readers digest level drivel.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:11:06 pm by willie loman »

Offline king tarzan

External Link/Members Only

The most evil missile ever according to Russia I read

Offline king tarzan

Offline Blackpool Rock

Well if this is only part way correct then it shows No. 10 was party central on an industrial scale and surely not even Boris can survive this  :unknown:
It may however depend on exactly how damning the Sue Gray report ends up being whether his "party" turn against him  :sarcastic:

Offline king tarzan

Well if this is only part way correct then it shows No. 10 was party central on an industrial scale and surely not even Boris can survive this  :unknown:
It may however depend on exactly how damning the Sue Gray report ends up being whether his "party" turn against him  :sarcastic:

I hope he gets through this
He was very generous through furlough
Very generous in full back for the most successful vaccine yes yes yes yes yes 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊👊🥊👊🥊👊🥊 operation in the world!!!

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Very generous in full back for the most successful vaccine yes yes yes yes yes 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊👊🥊👊🥊👊🥊 operation in the world!!!
can anyone translate this?

Offline mills_and_bhuna

I see Australia has a new PM.
Interesting that the government which advocated such draconian lockdowns were kicked into touch.
It will be interesting to see if he sticks up for his own countryman languishing in a British jail for exposing the war crimes and corruption of the American political elites.

Offline mh

Boris Johnson. Generous. Er, no. He's willing to funnel public (our) money to his mistress, to cronies, to party donors. I doubt he's ever thought of voluntarily buying a round in his life.

Offline king tarzan

can anyone translate this?

Stop trying to be funny
You fully understand it

Offline Squire Haggard

I hadn't heard about him for a while, sort of assumed he was no longer around. He'll be 99 in 3 days. He's still being listened to, and not been written off as ''a pensioner.'' He's from the Nixon era.

''Veteran U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger says Washington and Beijing must seek to avoid putting Taiwan at the center of their tense diplomatic relationship.''