Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Boxing - General thread  (Read 16160 times)

Online Colston36

I think that and Lennox Lewis fights are the ones I remember from my childhood. Sadly people will remember the antics rather than the fights. But Mike has turned his life around which I am happy for him after all the drama he had to deal with in his prime.

I recall meeting Tyson briefly at Chicago Airport when he was in his prime. When I say meeting, it's slightly misleading. I was with my third and final wife who was (and is) African American and he only spoke to her. He had no hangers' on, was alone, and was quiet and charming if brief.

Offline king tarzan

I have a feeling Jones is having change of heart now..
He is not feeling comfortable and i have a inkling he knows he doesn't need to be in the ring with Tyson and risk getting physically hurt as Tyson still carries ferocious power in either hand..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Goldfinch

I have a feeling Jones is having change of heart now..
He is not feeling comfortable and i have a inkling he knows he doesn't need to be in the ring with Tyson and risk getting physically hurt as Tyson still carries ferocious power in either hand..
External Link/Members Only

As we don't have a general Boxing thread yet,I'll post a link for Dillian Whyte v Alexander Povetkin,worth watching for the stunning KO🥊🥊

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:39:27 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline king tarzan

Glorified sparring session at best because of there outstanding careers (more Jones than Tyson IMHO) NOTHING MORE

DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THE NONSENSE HYPE :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline king tarzan

I would love to see boxing governing bodies stamp down on this nonsense for the integrity of the sport...
there needs to be the production of new legislation to protect the sport from these sort of dangerous farce's.

Offline Adusarpong

Seems like Tyson has some unfinished business and cannot  wait to let his hands go to put to rest some demons. Will be watching. Hope is isn't a exhibition match where it is just light sparring.

Offline king tarzan

Seems like Tyson has some unfinished business and cannot  wait to let his hands go to put to rest some demons. Will be watching. Hope is isn't a exhibition match where it is just light sparring.

His whole camp including himself all chat shit that he still has it in him to become the world heavyweight champion again

Offline king tarzan

I didn't realise Roy Jones is broke!!! :dash: :dash: :dash:
Now wonder he wants the money, but not the fight really, he's already shitting his pants..
As a once boxing enthusiastic follower, I can say deep inside himself he's scared for his safety... As Tyson still carries that mega punch power in both hands...
It's a nonsense farcical charade, but Tyson still has the impact power, and Jones doesn't have the punch resistance he once did..

Offline Goldfinch

I didn't realise Roy Jones is broke!!! :dash: :dash: :dash:
Now wonder he wants the money, but not the fight really, he's already shitting his pants..
As a once boxing enthusiastic follower, I can say deep inside himself he's scared for his safety... As Tyson still carries that mega punch power in both hands...
It's a nonsense farcical charade, but Tyson still has the impact power, and Jones doesn't have the punch resistance he once did..

On a separate note:

Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev:British heavyweight World champion to defend titles on 12 December

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 02:34:58 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline berksboy

Dose my hero Chavez still hold the World record for a payed sporting event at 136,274 ? For those who dont know Chavez is one one of the greatest boxers of all time , he had 87 wins before his fist none win and that was a draw ! He won 37 World title fights . In my book he is 2rd to the unbelievable amazing Henry "Homicide Hank" Armstrong the only man in the history of boxing to be undisputed world champion at 3 weights SIMULTANEOUSLY ! And this was at a time when there were only 8 weight divisions and a hell of a lot more boxers. If you like boxing look them up !

Offline Goldfinch

:thumbsup:

On a sidenote,does anyone give Derek Chisora a chance against Oleksandr Usyk (unbeaten in 17) this weekend:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:44:43 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline Matrix

On a sidenote,does anyone give Derek Chisora a chance against Oleksandr Usyk (unbeaten in 17) this weekend:

Hard to say.  He's been soundly leathered by anyone who's anyone at heavyweight and is clearly an inferior boxer to Usyk.  Does have the weight and punchers chance, yet will be at a reach disadvantage and he'll probably get his head jabbed off like against Fury.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:59:48 pm by Matrix »

Offline Shearer1955

Must admit I used to love boxing back in the 70s & 80s ... a great era for all the weights and whilst there was the WBA & WBC versions at the different weights we now have so many versions its almost impossible to keep abreast of who holds what title & who they beat

Still my greatest moment in all of Sport was when Ali beat Foreman ... the enormity of it at the time was the stuff of legend

Shame that boxers like Tyson come back (Ali did it also as have so many others) when they are just caricatures of their former selves ... money really does talk but they should be prevented from getting back in the ring for their own safety

Offline Goldfinch

Hard to say.  He's been soundly leathered by anyone who's anyone at heavyweight and is clearly an inferior boxer to Usyk.  Does have the weight and punchers chance, yet will be at a reach disadvantage and he'll probably get his head jabbed off like against Fury.
I'm not paying to watch it,it'll be on sky for free a week later,and hopefully on the radio.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline chrishornx

Dose my hero Chavez still hold the World record for a payed sporting event at 136,274 ?

nowhere near it

Offline Goldfinch

nowhere near it

"Maracana stadium in Brazil had a record attendance of 199,854 for the Brazil vs. Uruguay match in the World Cup Final on the 16th June, 1950."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:04:00 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline Shearer1955

Between 1900-1940 the crowd for Derby Day at Epsom Downs regularly exceeded 300,000. Estimates of 500,000 in 1913 and 1934!

Offline Gordon Bennett

Between 1900-1940 the crowd for Derby Day at Epsom Downs regularly exceeded 300,000. Estimates of 500,000 in 1913 and 1934!

That's not paid spectators as three quarters of them are watching from the hill for free.

Offline berksboy

Got it 136,274 is the record largest attendance for a boxing match and what a match it was for us Chavez fans !

Offline Goldfinch

Got it 136,274 is the record largest attendance for a boxing match and what a match it was for us Chavez fans !
;)

Offline willie loman

I recall meeting Tyson briefly at Chicago Airport when he was in his prime. When I say meeting, it's slightly misleading. I was with my third and final wife who was (and is) African American and he only spoke to her. He had no hangers' on, was alone, and was quiet and charming if brief.

im well impressed, came across eubank when he was up in edinburgh for the tv festival, his fights with benn were awsome, knew a couple of wgs who told me of their interactions with a well known british heavyweight, "well frank" one observed he had a huge arse, and the sex was awful, the other mentioned the sex was vanilla, and described his cock, though ive forgotten what exactly she said.

Offline ulstersubbie

For you boxing buffs. The fights between Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake la Motta, vicious contests by all accounts. Opinions on both boxers?

Offline willie loman

For you boxing buffs. The fights between Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake la Motta, vicious contests by all accounts. Opinions on both boxers?

raging bull, great performance by de nero, boxing scenes considered hyper realistic,

Offline Matrix

Sugar Ray is definitely in the conversation for best ever and La Motta was one tough son of a bitch. 

Offline king tarzan

raging bull, great performance by de nero, boxing scenes considered hyper realistic,

Ray Robinson smooth as silk... And don't forget Willie pep

Offline berksboy

Offline Goldfinch

Usyk v Chisora-main event around 10.15pm

Available on Radio 5 Live

Live Blog:

Offline Goldfinch

Offline Gordon Bennett

Oleksandr Usyk wins.

117-112,115-113,115-113

Hidden Image/Members Only

I found that fight a little tedious. Difficult to see how Usyk could ever knock a decent big heavyweight out. Fair do's, you don't mind a champion winning some bouts on points but at some point they need to win a few fights by bashing their opponent to the canvas if they want to be regarded as a proper champ AND draw in the box office.

Offline Goldfinch

I found that fight a little tedious. Difficult to see how Usyk could ever knock a decent big heavyweight out. Fair do's, you don't mind a champion winning some bouts on points but at some point they need to win a few fights by bashing their opponent to the canvas if they want to be regarded as a proper champ AND draw in the box office.

Offline Matrix

There's the fight.

No idea how anyone gave Chisora more than 2 or 3 rounds.

Offline Goldfinch

There's the fight.

No idea how anyone gave Chisora more than 2 or 3 rounds.
:drinks:

Yes,surprised at the scoring,Usyk won pretty much all of the rounds. :unknown:

Offline Matrix

:drinks:

Yes,surprised at the scoring,Usyk won pretty much all of the rounds. :unknown:

Aye, I thought Del probably won the first round and possibly another.  Could see an argument for 3, but the scoring and some of the "experts" views were ludicrous.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:37:38 pm by Matrix »

Offline Goldfinch

Aye, I thought Del probably won the first round and possibly another.  Could see an argument for 3, but the scoring and some of the "experts" views were ludicrous.

Offline mace-window

Sorry for the late replay Colston36. Must have missed you comment. Must have been great meeting  Mike Tyson. Yeah people forget he was (and still is) a nice guy. He has like many dark demons which he had to battle with. But I am glad he is back on his feet and doing better as ever. Been watching some of his podcast and liking some of episodes. Looks like another great platform he got going on interviewing boxers and MMA fighters. 

Offline Goldfinch

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:35:23 am by Goldfinch »

Offline cotton

Crawford wins via fourth round stoppage.

So Crawford vs Manny Pacquiao at 42y/o would be an interesting fight.

Offline Goldfinch

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:56:31 am by Goldfinch »

Offline Goldfinch

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to fight Callum Smith on December 19th

Offline Matrix

Link to the fight has been copyrighted, already.   Another'll pop up.

Post fight interview. alludes to a rematch!  :lol:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:14:14 am by Matrix »

Offline Goldfinch

Offline Matrix

Offline Waterhouse

Link to the fight has been copyrighted, already.   Another'll pop up.

Post fight interview. alludes to a rematch!  :lol:

Just found this for anyone who’s interested... dunno how long it will last though.