Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Movies/Films/TV - Opinions  (Read 118116 times)

Offline DrConners

Cheers for bringing back "off-topic"  :hi:

I'm currently on Holiday - I had the time booked months ago before all this 'crazyness'

What bad timing on my behalf  :( - Can't punt, can't travel (No health issues)

I've been catching up on films & movies at home.

"The Hunt" - This one was delayed a release after a mass shooting in America - Recently released in 2020.

First hour actually entertaining, well more 'eventful'  :sarcastic: - Moves along at a fast pace & kept my interest.

3rd act, or last 25 minutes - Just plain fucking stupid - Yes I know films are about "suspension of disbelief" but I thought it was ..... crap.

The actual reason (or plot) for why the whole 'hunt' occurs is fucking pathetic.

Positives - I watched it till the end & the lead actress is great. It's very violent though, Hollywood would lead us to believe Americans really hate each other.

I don't want to spoil it for ohers who haven't seen it so I have been deliberately vauge.

Recomendations & opinions welcomed  :hi:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:08:55 pm by 90125 »

Offline DrConners

"The Invisible Man" 2020

Erm ............ Yes it's entertaining, it looks great, it's really fucking stupid though  :sarcastic:

Quite a few massive plot issues but I guess you have to just turn your brain off, great special effects.

I don't get Elizabeth Moss as a lead actress, she is very good in most things but hot she ain't - She has an 'Aunty Mavis' vibe & zero sex appeal IMO.

It's too long, too stupid & predictable as fuck - I did watch it all the way through though - C or C+

Offline DrConners

"Swallow" 2019

It's sold as 'body horror' - Nope, it ain't.

Basically it's about a newly wed (financially wealthy, well the husband is) couple. She puts everyone else's needs first before herself and has a terrible secret resulting in massive but subdued psychological problems, that manifest themselves by her swallowing all manner of strange & in some cases dangerous objects.

I mean, I applaud the filmmakers for trying something different - and different it is - but it is an uncomfortable watch - The conclusion wasn't baffling to me but the ending is appropriate to how the character is played.

It stars a girl called "Haley Bennett" - She's brilliant.

This is not a recomendation, this is a grim film - But although I didn't actually enjoy it - I did kinda respect it.

Offline DrConners

"Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" 2020

or just "Harley Quinn" now - Apparently film goers are unable to read more than two words at once.

I don't mind "Super Hero" films, some are entertaining - Some are not. I'm not a 'Marvel or DC fan boy' though - That shit is irrelevant.

Other than a minor role in "The Wolf of Wallstreet" (fucking great film) I haven't seen any film with Margot Robbie where I thought she was a good actress - She's fucking talentless with a hot body, well back in 2013 anyway.

What a fucking mess this is, I think is plot is something about getting a diamond that has something to do with a shit load of cash & some annoying fucking tween has swallowed it.

Zero chemisty between any of the leads (& I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead) - Think they were trying for a 'Pulp Fiction' approach to the storytelling/plot but it doesn't work.

Words fail me as to how utterly shit this was - Only positive was Mary Elizabeth Winstead's costume & Ewen McGregor was okay as the villian.

AVOID (That's just my opinion)

Oh the CGI Hyena was good - I like hyena's though.

Offline winkywanky

This isn't an opinion, it's a query...I hope others don't mind?

I was gonna go see Parasite down my local fleapit last week but recent events have put the kybosh on that.

Anyone know where I can get to see this online?

Offline freeze44

Good idea for a thread and yes thanks for bringing off topic back  :thumbsup:

Few things below, new(ish) and old that might be worth a watch:

The Irishman- Some top actors in it and although quite long thought was worth a watch. Look out for the strange faces when they do the flashback scenes! Gritty and nasty at times typical gangster story but pretty well done- 7 out of 10 imo

Rocket Man- Elton John's life story. Really good imo, put together in a different way and at first thought it was a musical but it works well and doesn't hold back and great lines such as 'I've taken every drug going, fucked everything going and fucking loved it!' 8 out of 10

The Report- About the CIA and torture techniques! Good watch and scary true stuff! 7 out of 10

Old ones that reckon worth another watch include When we were soilders, Goodfellas and Pineapple Express (for the weed fans!)

Offline Happylad

I don`t go to the cinema because I`m a bit deaf and cannot follow the action without the sub titles, so I`m confined to recordings and TV.

I recently watched (for about the 25th time) Battle of Britain, and the hair on the back of my neck still stands up all through the film.
I also recently watched White Christmas, because Vera Ellen`s legs simply go on  for ever.

And Taming Of The Shrew (Burton and Taylor) `cos I`m a sucker for Shakespeare. Taylor in a temper is wonderful to hear and behold.

Offline catweazle

Been watching a lot on Netflix lately. Can recommend:

3096 Days. True story about the kidnap, abuse and rape of Natasha Kampusch in Vienna.

Green Book: deserving Oscar winner

Jungle: another true story, Israeli guy lost in the Amazon rainforest for 17 days.

Offline DrConners

Been watching a lot on Netflix lately. Can recommend:

3096 Days. True story about the kidnap, abuse and rape of Natasha Kampusch in Vienna.

Green Book: deserving Oscar winner

Jungle: another true story, Israeli guy lost in the Amazon rainforest for 17 days.

Cheers for that  :hi:

"6 Underground" 2019

Netflix movie, must have had a colossal budget (which obviously was not spent on the scriptwriters  :sarcastic: )

No point trying to describe the plot - I don't think it had one - Looks amazing, crammed full of beautiful looking people, amazing stunts & loads of action.

Utter tripe but turn your brain off & I think you would have a great time.

Ryan Reynolds is an annoyingly smug cunt but always watchable & entertaining (#Deadpool)

Offline Xtro

"The Joker" was an interesting film.

"Forever alone in a crowd, failed comedian Arthur Fleck seeks connection as he walks the streets of Gotham City. Arthur wears two masks -- the one he paints for his day job as a clown, and the guise he projects in a futile attempt to feel like he's part of the world around him. Isolated, bullied and disregarded by society, Fleck begins a slow descent into madness as he transforms into the criminal mastermind known as the Joker."

Joaquin Phoenix is excellent in his role as Arthur.
Don't expect a typical super hero/super villlian movie.

Offline freeze44

"Forever alone in a crowd, failed comedian Arthur Fleck seeks connection as he walks the streets of Gotham City. Arthur wears two masks -- the one he paints for his day job as a clown, and the guise he projects in a futile attempt to feel like he's part of the world around him. Isolated, bullied and disregarded by society, Fleck begins a slow descent into madness as he transforms into the criminal mastermind known as the Joker."

Defo want to see that. Top actor Joaquin  :thumbsup: He stole Gladiator imo.

Offline ulstersubbie

The Phantom Of Liberty (1974)- Luis Bunuel's scathingly funny surrealist comedy.

The King Of Comedy (1983)- A film way ahead of its time, Robert De Niro's best performance in my opinion.

The Brother From Another Planet (1984)- brilliant social satire directed by John Sayles.

Offline cotton

Theres Something About Mary - Great fun film with the lovely Cameron Diaz.
Dead Mans Shoes (2004) - great film to satsfy your bloodlust at this stressful time.

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0

For me there is only one Joker and Heath Ledger portrayed him in "The Dark Knight"

:drinks:

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
"Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" 2020

or just "Harley Quinn" now - Apparently film goers are unable to read more than two words at once.

I don't mind "Super Hero" films, some are entertaining - Some are not. I'm not a 'Marvel or DC fan boy' though - That shit is irrelevant.

Other than a minor role in "The Wolf of Wallstreet" (fucking great film) I haven't seen any film with Margot Robbie where I thought she was a good actress - She's fucking talentless with a hot body, well back in 2013 anyway.

What a fucking mess this is, I think is plot is something about getting a diamond that has something to do with a shit load of cash & some annoying fucking tween has swallowed it.

Zero chemisty between any of the leads (& I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead) - Think they were trying for a 'Pulp Fiction' approach to the storytelling/plot but it doesn't work.

Words fail me as to how utterly shit this was - Only positive was Mary Elizabeth Winstead's costume & Ewen McGregor was okay as the villian.

AVOID (That's just my opinion)

Oh the CGI Hyena was good - I like hyena's though.

Sadly I have to agree, this film is a waste of time

Offline PatMacGroin

Good thread DrC!

If you are looking for recommendations of new films you may not have seen yet "JoJo Rabbit" is definitely worth a watch.

Quirky comic drama about the life of a boy and his imaginary friend in Germany at the end of WWII. The imaginary friend is Hitler! Excellently written and acted by a star studded line up (inc Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansen). Manages to skilfully combine ridiculous humour lampooning Nazi Germany together with poignant darker moments.

Online Davey Dykes

Agreed that the Joker is possibly the best watch of recent time. Only other one that got close for me was Once upon a time in Hollywood but then I'm a Tarantino fan so biased.

If we're talking Telly then Pennyworth was the best thing I've seen in ages. Who'd have thought Paloma Faith was such a fine little Actress?

Online Davey Dykes

For me there is only one Joker and Heath Ledger portrayed him in "The Dark Knight"

Then you are missing out. Phoenix puts his own stamp on it but none the worse for that.

Online Davey Dykes

The Irishman I found a bit longwinded and a bit up it's own arse, almost a paint by numbers film.

Rocket Man? It was okay but would've been better played straight without the fantasy bollocks.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:08:55 pm by Davey Dykes »

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
Then you are missing out. Phoenix puts his own stamp on it but none the worse for that.

I have seen the film, personally I didn't think it was the masterpiece a lot of people raved about, enjoyable, yes, but to me it will never be a cult classic

Offline PatMacGroin

The Irishman- Some top actors in it and although quite long thought was worth a watch. Look out for the strange faces when they do the flashback scenes! Gritty and nasty at times typical gangster story but pretty well done- 7 out of 10 imo

I have to disagree with that suggestion.

Far too long and rambling, I almost fell asleep watching it, which is something I never do. Packed full of big name actors, but IMO the only one to give a compelling performance is Joe Pesci. There are a couple of ok scenes, but the plot makes no sense. It is full of holes and insinuations that it doesn't follow up on. Trying to pull the pieces together into some semblance of a coherent narrative is just exhausting and just gives you a head ache. Which is not surprising considering it is based on a book of the death bed spouting's of a known bullshit artist trying to finally make a name for himself. Scorcese should be ashamed of himself for accepting Netflix big bucks to force out this steaming pile of shit.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Having said that, I probably still would have watched it no matter what reviews I'd heard before hand.

Offline freeze44

The Irishman I found a bit longwinded and a bit up it's own arse, almost a paint by numbers film.

Rocket Man? It was okay but would've been better played straight without the fantasy bollocks.

Those puns made me laugh! The odd way they tried to make the actors look younger in the Irishman didn't work for me. Still found it ok to watch but yeah not the best seen.

How can an Elton film be played straight!  :lol: I don't like musicals at all but think it worked mixing things up in Rocketman and gave the songs a really good back story too.

Offline pythondan

The Lighthouse - isolation, masturbation and craziness shot in stylish, non-widescreen, black and white - best film I have seen this year.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28

Oh please the best Joker will always be the one from the camp Adam West TV series.

Offline winkywanky

Cesar Romero  :hi:.

And no, I didn't even have to Google it  :P.

Legend (albeit a very different type of Joker, in what was effectively a cartoon but with real actors)

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Cesar Romero  :hi:.

And no, I didn't even have to Google it  :P.

Legend (albeit a very different type of Joker, in what was effectively a cartoon but with real actors)
That's it. I should have known because I saw some clips of him.on a quiz show on YouTube.

As good as Heath Ledger was would he be held with such high regard if he was still alive? I've got doubts.

I like Jack Nicholson, but I think it's fair to say that Batman.film is crap.

Offline winkywanky

Just to be awkward, I thought Ledger and Phoenix gave equally good performances, in their own way.

Phoenix's Joker garnered a little sympathy in my book though because we saw how the Arthur became the Joker, and he played that really well I thought.

Ledger's shambolic genius and bodily mannerisms were done brilliantly.

Offline DrConners

The Lighthouse - isolation, masturbation and craziness shot in stylish, non-widescreen, black and white - best film I have seen this year.

"The Lighthouse" 2019

Thanks so much for this recommendation - Watched it late last night.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I thought it was brilliant but doubful it would appeal to a mainstream audience (No I'm nothing special but I appreciate when someone goes out of their way to try to be original)

Both leads were fantastic, very contrasting characters & Willem Dafoe was outstanding. The film looks Looks amazing.

I think the narrative (particularly the ending) relied too heavily on ambiguity - I had already drawn my interpretation of the events by the end so I had a "happy ending"  ;)

I don't like to watch violence towards animals (even seagulls) so wish I had had my remote to hand to pass that bit, lol yeah, I know "It's just a movie" - That's my personal hang-up/opinion though.

I'm definitely going to watch this one again - Turns out the guy who directed this (Robert Eggers) also directed :

"The Witch" 2015

Makes sense, they are both 'unique' films. I loved this too, it's not a traditional horror film (major slow burn) but if you haven't seen it I would tentatively recommend it to you.  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

"The Lighthouse" 2019

I don't like to watch violence towards animals (even seagulls) so wish I had had my remote to hand to pass that bit, lol yeah, I know "It's just a movie" - That's my personal hang-up/opinion though.

I think you can safely assume no seagulls were harmed during the making of the film.

Although of course, even watching a CGI (or whatever) depiction of this could cause offence.

Offline DrConners

Good thread DrC!

If you are looking for recommendations of new films you may not have seen yet "JoJo Rabbit" is definitely worth a watch.

Quirky comic drama about the life of a boy and his imaginary friend in Germany at the end of WWII. The imaginary friend is Hitler! Excellently written and acted by a star studded line up (inc Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansen). Manages to skilfully combine ridiculous humour lampooning Nazi Germany together with poignant darker moments.

Ah, cheers Pat, yeah I watched it a little while ago, I didn't think I was going to like it but then I saw Sam Rockwell was in it & it was directed by Taika Waititi I thought I'd give it a shot.

Very good, he's is hilarious as 'Hitler' - If that could ever be a thing.

It was an unusual little film but like Pat said I would recommend it to others - Oh I know now why I initially wasn't interested - It's got fat, talentless, Aussie cunt Rebel Wilson in it. No it's fine, she's hardly in it - and when she is she's bearable.  :thumbsup:

Offline DrConners

I think you can safely assume no seagulls were harmed during the making of the film.

I know buddy, like I said it's a personal hate of mine  :hi:

Although of course, even watching a CGI (or whatever) depiction of this could cause offence.

It does I'm afraid, there's a scene in "The Hunt" (I've mentioned above) they introduce a young pig early in the film, as soon as I saw that sucker I picked up my remote & patiently waited .............. Sure enough about an hour in the poor little (CGI) bastard get's put in a situation that I knew what the outcome would be - But I was ready lol  ;)

I know it's just me - I've had this sort of conversation with others - I also don't like to watch the 'depiction' of violence towards children.

:hi:

Offline DrConners

Agreed that the Joker is possibly the best watch of recent time. Only other one that got close for me was Once upon a time in Hollywood but then I'm a Tarantino fan so biased.

If we're talking Telly then Pennyworth was the best thing I've seen in ages. Who'd have thought Paloma Faith was such a fine little Actress?

Thanks for taking the time to post Davey - I'm a big Tarantino fan as well, but I have to say buddy, as much as I enjoyed it, I didn't know why!

The film just wanders around for 2 hours then has a 'traditional Tarantino' bloodbath ending - I guess it's a testament to his filmwriting/directing skills that my interest was maintained. Plus both leads were great.

I wasn't 'offended' by the 'Bruce Lee' scene (apparently some were) - Just highlighted the fact Cliff was a genuine 'hard man'.

Once again Margot Robbie proved herself to be barely speaking 'eyecandy'

I'm sure you have seen "The Hateful Eight" - By comparison I thought that was far superior - And that only takes place in two or three locations.

I haven't seen Pennyworth but I'll amend the thread to include TV/Streaming - Okay ?

Offline PatMacGroin

Ah, cheers Pat, yeah I watched it a little while ago, I didn't think I was going to like it but then I saw Sam Rockwell was in it & it was directed by Taika Waititi I thought I'd give it a shot.

Very good, he's is hilarious as 'Hitler' - If that could ever be a thing.

It was an unusual little film but like Pat said I would recommend it to others - Oh I know now why I initially wasn't interested - It's got fat, talentless, Aussie cunt Rebel Wilson in it. No it's fine, she's hardly in it - and when she is she's bearable.  :thumbsup:

Sam Rockwell is definitely one of those actors that makes me think, "OK, if he's in it, it'll probably be good." Much like Christopher Walken (although he made a huge misstep with Balls of Fury, must have been going through a rocky patch!)

I've also enjoyed everything I've seen involving Taika Waititi, particularly Flight of the Concords and What we do in the Shadows. Looking forward to seeing what he does with his Star Wars film, although it's long way off.

Offline DrConners

The King Of Comedy (1983)- A film way ahead of its time, Robert De Niro's best performance in my opinion.

100% Agree  :thumbsup:

About the film.

Robert De Niro's best performance IMO is Raging Bull  :hi:

Offline DrConners

I've also enjoyed everything I've seen involving Taika Waititi, particularly Flight of the Concords and What we do in the Shadows. Looking forward to seeing what he does with his Star Wars film, although it's long way off.

That movie was fucking brilliant (Bat fight!!!!) - If you haven't managed to catch the TV version shown recently (I know that sounds shit) maybe check it out ?

It's essentually the same format as the movie, just a different collection af vampires in modern America - In the same 'universe'

I really enjoyed it.

And no, Star Wars is fucked mate - Like the Terminator franchise - R.I.P  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

I know buddy, like I said it's a personal hate of mine  :hi:

It does I'm afraid, there's a scene in "The Hunt" (I've mentioned above) they introduce a young pig early in the film, as soon as I saw that sucker I picked up my remote & patiently waited .............. Sure enough about an hour in the poor little (CGI) bastard get's put in a situation that I knew what the outcome would be - But I was ready lol  ;)

I know it's just me - I've had this sort of conversation with others - I also don't like to watch the 'depiction' of violence towards children.

Of course  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

Slightly schmaltzy and cheesy, especially for a Sc-iFi flick, but I enjoyed immensely (and on a couple of repeat viewings since) Interstellar.

Worth noting the immensely powerful Hans Zimmer soundtrack too, consisting of predominantly a full-scale Organ. I cried at several points (music can do that to me  :rolleyes:).

Offline DrConners

I have seen the film, personally I didn't think it was the masterpiece a lot of people raved about, enjoyable, yes, but to me it will never be a cult classic

Yeah, I'm with you on this - To other members who did like it, you have my complete respect - I found it unnecessary.

I personally never found the need to have an "origin" story for him - Batman drops him into a vat of chemicals - In a Batman story!!!

This film - It's an analogy about the American health care system & it's inabilty to care for people who can't pay for it.

Arthur is a deeply disturbed character who realises the only way for people to take notice of him or care about what he does is through violence.

Oh & he "by coincidence" works for a firm renting out clowns  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:

Joaquin Phoenix is brilliant though I have to say, but a better performance from him in a similar film is :

"You were never really here" 2017

Just my opinion  :hi:

Offline PatMacGroin

That movie was fucking brilliant (Bat fight!!!!) - If you haven't managed to catch the TV version shown recently (I know that sounds shit) maybe check it out ?

It's essentually the same format as the movie, just a different collection af vampires in modern America - In the same 'universe'

I really enjoyed it.

And no, Star Wars is fucked mate - Like the Terminator franchise - R.I.P  :hi:

I was surprised by Dark Fate. I thought it did a fairly plausible job of rebooting the franchise and writing-off everything after T2. Although it's nothing without Arnie and I doubt he's got any more action movies in him.

Offline DrConners

Slightly schmaltzy and cheesy, especially for a Sc-iFi flick, but I enjoyed immensely (and on a couple of repeat viewings since) Interstellar.

Worth noting the immensely powerful Hans Zimmer soundtrack too, consisting of predominantly a full-scale Organ. I cried at several points (music can do that to me  :rolleyes:).

Enjoyed the first hour, maybe longer - Up to the point Dr Mann (Matt Damons character) tries to steal the Endurance.

Everything after that was a pile of shit - Can't stand Matthew McConaughey - Only thing he has done I've enjoyed was Dallas Buyers Club & True Detective season 1. Overrated cocksucker.

It did look amazing - but by the time we got to "E U R E K A !!!!" I was rolling my eyes & waiting for it to end.

Christopher Nolan has made some great films - This is not one of them  :hi:

Offline DrConners

I was surprised by Dark Fate. I thought it did a fairly plausible job of rebooting the franchise and writing-off everything after T2. Although it's nothing without Arnie and I doubt he's got any more action movies in him.

I was also - Why would a T800 - once it has completed it's mission (to execute a CGI child - Ouch!!!) think it would be okay to start a business in home redecoration & selling "drapes" - FFS!!!!  :dash:

Sorry mate, I thought it looked great, the fight between the Grace, the T800 & Rev9 was awesome ect ect.

The script was terrible is all IMO  :hi:

I'm sure you're right - I bet that's why Arnie made them write the line :

"I WON'T be back"  :sarcastic:  :hi:

Offline DrConners

Defo want to see that. Top actor Joaquin  :thumbsup: He stole Gladiator imo.

Another of his relatively early roles was in :

"Buffalo Soldiers" 2001

Buffalo Soldiers is a 2001 satirical black comedy film, based on the 1993 novel by Robert O'Connor, which follows the rogue activities of a group of US soldiers based in West Germany during 1989 when the fall of the Berlin Wall is imminent

Rewatched it recently - Very good IMO & a recomendation if you haven't seen it. Scott Glenn is brilliant as well.

Also I've mentioned :

"You Were Never Really Here" 2017

He's very good in the unusual if ambiguous psychological action thriller (that's alot of genres, plus there's not alot of action in it)  :sarcastic:

Check them out if you get some time ..................

Online RandomGuy99

Knowing

Gross Pointe Blank

Tron Legacy

Heat

Mission to Mars - well I liked the ending

Offline DrConners

"Top Secret" 1984

I got hold of a "remastered" copy of this last week. (Looked exactly the same to me though as when I watched it as a kid  :unknown:)

Still holds up IMO - I laughed out loud several times.

Sight gags still work - It's the same writers/directors of "Airplane" so you know what to expect.

Val Kilmer looks about 12 years old  :sarcastic:

Funniest bit ? Nah, it is crammed with laughs - but the French resistance names had me in stitches.  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

Enjoyed the first hour, maybe longer - Up to the point Dr Mann (Matt Damons character) tries to steal the Endurance.

Everything after that was a pile of shit - Can't stand Matthew McConaughey - Only thing he has done I've enjoyed was Dallas Buyers Club & True Detective season 1. Overrated cocksucker.

It did look amazing - but by the time we got to "E U R E K A !!!!" I was rolling my eyes & waiting for it to end.

Christopher Nolan has made some great films - This is not one of them  :hi:

For an overrated cocksucker, he speaks highly of you  :D.

Offline DrConners

Knowing

Ah, cheers, never seen this so will check it out.

Gross Pointe Blank

Yep, this is a 'perfect film' IMO  :hi:

Tron Legacy

I thought this was awesome too !!!! But it didn't make enough money so sunk the frachise before it could take off.
I really wanted to have sex with Olivia Wilde after seeing this too  :rolleyes:

Heat

Brilliant  :thumbsup:

Mission to Mars - well I liked the ending

I wonder why I haven't seen this, sort of thing I would normally like............

"Event Horizon" (1997)

Rewatched this recently - Still made the hairs on my neck stand up  :scare:  :thumbsup:

Offline winkywanky

"Top Secret" 1984

I got hold of a "remastered" copy of this last week. (Looked exactly the same to me though as when I watched it as a kid  :unknown:)

Still holds up IMO - I laughed out loud several times.

Sight gags still work - It's the same writers/directors of "Airplane" so you know what to expect.

Val Kilmer looks about 12 years old  :sarcastic:

Funniest bit ? Nah, it is crammed with laughs - but the French resistance names had me in stitches.  :hi:

Good film. Not as good as Airplane, but of course that was kind of the first of the 'type', never to be equalled IMO.

My fave bit was where our hero gets trapped in his car in a crusher.

Cut to the next scene (I think, it's been years since I saw it), knock on the door, door opens, double take by occupant - seemingly no-one there - but then looks down to see a crumpled cube of metal. An arm appears from one side and opens what's left of a door, revealing his face behind it  :lol:

I nearly shat myself  :rolleyes:.

Offline DrConners

Good film. Not as good as Airplane, but of course that was kind of the first of the 'type', never to be equalled IMO.

My fave bit was where our hero gets trapped in his car in a crusher.

Cut to the next scene (I think, it's been years since I saw it), knock on the door, door opens, double take by occupant - seemingly no-one there - but then looks down to see a crumpled cube of metal. An arm appears from one side and opens what's left of a door, revealing his face behind it  :lol:

I nearly shat myself  :rolleyes:.

It's actually "Omar Sharif" - Un-fucking-beliveable!!!

Offline winkywanky

Thanks for the clarification Dr. C.

Omar Sharif is my hero  ;)  :D

Online RandomGuy99