Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Wiki Guide to Punting in Marrakesh / Morocco  (Read 16046 times)

Halleyroad

To answer your question CoolTiger.

Hidden Image/Members Only

If you are vegetarian or Vegan i would highly recommend Earth Cafe

External Link/Members Only

Address: Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun kedim 2, Marrakesh MEDINA, Morocco

Food is really nice and staff are extremely friendly

Spring rolls and chilli source were divine

Its about a 5 min walk from the markets in Medina

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I contributed with these names before, thats all I know for the moment.

Bo Zin - Modern restaurant which offers fusion cuisine with late night lounge bar - Prices ££

LingLing by Hakkassan - Fantastic cocktail menu and food - Prices £££

Dar Yacout - Very triditional Moroccoan restaurant with authentic African on offer - Prices ££

Jad Mahal - Fine dine fusion restaurant plus live music Prices £££

Fuego de Chão - Brazilian restaurant with show.  Prices ££

Grand Café de la Poste - Nice place to go for lunch and catch early birds ;) - Prices ££

Restaurant Comptoir Darna - Restaurant, bar and live shows and animation including belly dancing - Prices ££

If you want to enjoy traditional Marrakesh food then I would highly recommend Restaurant Bejganni (in front of Montecristo). ££

Apart from these fancy places, you can always to go Jama-Al-Fana for dinner or walk through the souks and inside deep little corners you will find small restaurants making tagines for local shopkeeper.  Give them a try as you wont get more authentic food anywhere else.

Thanks to Brownpeeps for this info.....

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=23309.msg1763773#msg1763773

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
CT - a really nice place to eat in kech is Grillade baite al shami , it’s on the road where the Pizza Hut is near to Macdonalds. Not too expensive. They do fantastic Lebanese grills among other foods.

Souk Cafe - located in the madinah, very nice place to eat authentic local cuisine. Reasonable price.

Thanks to Mikey 123

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=23309.msg1764847#msg1764847

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
When i was in Marrakesh

I visited Djelabar Restaurant for shisha, its hard to find if you don't know what your looking for.

Its good shisha and a chilled atmosphere, how a shisha cafe should be

Thanks to Halleyroad...

When i was in Marrakesh

I visited Djelabar Restaurant for shisha, its hard to find if you don't know what your looking for.

Its good shisha and a chilled atmosphere, how a shisha cafe should be

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

There is a sheesha lounge next to 555, heard some good stuff about it, but haven’t been myself, check that out. Normally you have to pay entry fee for 555 but I don’t think there is an entry fee for the sheesha next door.

Thanks to Mikey 123...

There is a sheesha lounge next to 555, heard some good stuff about it, but haven’t been myself, check that out. Normally you have to pay entry fee for 555 but I don’t think there is an entry fee for the sheesha next door.

Offline Mikey123

A nice place to enjoy some desserts is a place called Dino Gelato. It’s located just passed the McDonald’s if you head towards jema el fna. They do all sorts of delicious desserts, ice creams etc. Very nice place to chill with a friends or a regular.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
I thought  u guys would get a kick out of this post.

Quote from: cheekyvirgin on November 01, 2017, 01:30:16 am

Flying tomorrow and already got one girl willing to come to my flat. She is a student nurse and only asked for a jacket to buy for her. 

Been chatting to her from couple of days from a dating site.

Good luck.
Got a funny story.
VFM had hooked up with a girl from Tinder, takes her out for lunch, she orders " enough food to last a week" his words. After they finish eating she gets everything packed and tells him she needs to go take the food home and she will see him later. VFM calls me and I tell him she won't be back. He waited over 2 hours for her, no show. He got scammed for food,   
Take them for a coffee guys, not lunch or dinner, unless it's afterr the deed and she deserves it.

As advised by Nike, never invite them for food unless you know them or have gone for a few rounds with them. At most coffee or what I have done twice, ice cream in the summer.

VFM was scammed for Food.

As advised by Nike, never invite them for food unless you know them or have gone for a few rounds with them. At most coffee or what I have done twice, ice cream in the summer.

Offline Mikey123

We all learn from our mistakes. Let’s hope the readers on here do learn from VFM’s mistakes. VFM, would love to get your perspective on this unfortunate event.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Ramadan

For 2015, Ramadan starts around 8th June and lasts for a month,  all clubs, bars, restaurants and cafes shutdown for the duration.  At the end of Ramadan everyone gets a two weeks holiday. Therefore travel to Morocco from the second week in June to the end of July, this year, is not recommended.

This section would need updating regularly as Eid Festival dates change every year. Well worth making a note of these dates.

Ramadan in 2018 is Tuesday 15th May - Thursday 14th June.

I'm assuming it's best to avoid going then due fewer girls working/places open. I might be out there at the start of May, would the week before Ramadan also be worth avoiding you think?

Thanks to Golden Hind...

Ramadan in 2018 is Tuesday 15th May - Thursday 14th June.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
I personally will not pay above my set ceilings.
If a girl cannot agree on my prices then i say bye to them and move on.
In Kesh
Short time, 2 or 3 hours 500 to 800
overnight 1200 to 2000.
Tanger
Short time 500 tops
Overnight 1000 tops

Thanks to Nike...

I personally will not pay above my set ceilings.
If a girl cannot agree on my prices then i say bye to them and move on.
In Kesh
Short time, 2 or 3 hours 500 to 800
overnight 1200 to 2000.
Tanger
Short time 500 tops
Overnight 1000 tops

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
On a different note. Went to get a shave, been to this place on previous trip with other mates. 50 dirhams, shave a facial mask and scrub  and a steam treatment. Feels fantastic. CT , I picked up a business card, perhaps u could add it to the wikki?

Thanks to Nike...

On a different note. Went to get a shave, been to this place on previous trip with other mates. 50 dirhams, shave a facial mask and scrub  and a steam treatment. Feels fantastic. CT , I picked up a business card, perhaps u could add it to the wikki?

Offline Mikey123

On a side note:

The Duty Free in Marrakech will not accept Dirhams as payment, they do however accept Euros and Pounds. If you have any local currency left, spend up otherwise you will have to save them for your next visit, or just buy a load more souveniers in the little shops. The  coffee shops and other food places however do accepts them.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Some nice places to eat: 

Girls can be found in the first 2. 
VFM

Great stuff VFM. It's appreciated what you have posted.

Would you be able to expand on each of the eateries, about the type of restaurant it is, and what was the approx cost of a meal, per person (if you are able to).

Cheers.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Here's some tips to other newbies, get the hotel:
1. Once you've found a working girl ask her if she can hook you up for a contact of an apartment. These girls know people, just make sure you don't get ripped off and pay more then £40 each if its some crap apartment in Gueliz!
2. The random helpful guy on the street, there's more then a few of these guys around. Believe it or not everyone wants to make money in Kech, and the guys trying to flog you fake goods/drugs/hammam places can all be good contacts to hook you up with other people. The key thing here is to have your wits about you and street sense to make sure you don't get ripped off.

If the above works out fine, there's 2 golden rules:
1. Check the place out yourself and look for a nearby doorman. If you see one confirm with that guy you can actually bring girls back.
2. Don't pay in full, pay for the first day and see how it goes.

If all of the above fail, you could just talk to any other foreigners you see there (groups of men ideally, the vast majority are only their for one reason), to hook you up with their contact. You can find these guys quite easily at starbucks or in the clubs. Just be nice and i'm sure they'd give you the contact.

Thanks to vitalyztvvvv... Great advice for newbies in seeking WG-friendly apartments.

Here's some tips to other newbies, get the hotel:
1. Once you've found a working girl ask her if she can hook you up for a contact of an apartment. These girls know people, just make sure you don't get ripped off and pay more then £40 each if its some crap apartment in Gueliz!
2. The random helpful guy on the street, there's more then a few of these guys around. Believe it or not everyone wants to make money in Kech, and the guys trying to flog you fake goods/drugs/hammam places can all be good contacts to hook you up with other people. The key thing here is to have your wits about you and street sense to make sure you don't get ripped off.

If the above works out fine, there's 2 golden rules:
1. Check the place out yourself and look for a nearby doorman. If you see one confirm with that guy you can actually bring girls back.
2. Don't pay in full, pay for the first day and see how it goes.

If all of the above fail, you could just talk to any other foreigners you see there (groups of men ideally, the vast majority are only their for one reason), to hook you up with their contact. You can find these guys quite easily at starbucks or in the clubs. Just be nice and i'm sure they'd give you the contact.

Offline irishlad

Guys,

Do European guys have much of an XFactor with the local Moroccan girls - nonpros.

Offline romeomustdie

Guys,

Do European guys have much of an XFactor with the local Moroccan girls - nonpros.

they dont really play in the snow sorry mate.

Offline Mikey123

they dont really play in the snow sorry mate.

Not sure what you mean but the girls don’t really care what your skin colour or ethnicity is, as long as you can pay.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Among many great points, there’s one downside I can see (otherwise I’d probably go there more often as it’s such a fascinating city). Compared to a lot of countries it can be a bit of a hassle. Everything is done “under the table” from finding and making a deal and seeing it through to making sure your hotel is visitor-friendly.

Several great contributors have been so often its no big deal to them. I’m like that with some of my favourite destinations — the most annoying places can be a breeze once you know the ins and outs. But there are newbies who hear of the Marrakech delights and maybe wonder if it’s as easy as walking into a German FKK, a Thai go-go bar, or a U.K. Adultwork booking. (It’s not.) It’s good to travel and punt. But everyone finds their own level of streetsmarts and ability to handle different customs and environments.

(Having said that, hats off to the couple of contributors who have put so much great information here about wonderful Marrakech!  :hi: )

An excellent comment by Marmalade....

"Among many great points, there’s one downside I can see (otherwise I’d probably go there more often as it’s such a fascinating city). Compared to a lot of countries it can be a bit of a hassle. Everything is done “under the table” from finding and making a deal and seeing it through to making sure your hotel is visitor-friendly.

Several great contributors have been so often its no big deal to them. I’m like that with some of my favourite destinations — the most annoying places can be a breeze once you know the ins and outs. But there are newbies who hear of the Marrakech delights and maybe wonder if it’s as easy as walking into a German FKK, a Thai go-go bar, or a U.K. Adultwork booking. (It’s not.) It’s good to travel and punt. But everyone finds their own level of streetsmarts and ability to handle different customs and environments.

(Having said that, hats off to the couple of contributors who have put so much great information here about wonderful Marrakech!  :hi: ) "

MrWorldwide1991

Hey Guys I’m new to this forum but I have been on several tours of duty including Dubai ,Prague ,Stockholm,Amsterdam and many more first time Morocco next week anyone else there ?

Offline twatsalot

yeah dude also there from the 25th onwards, 4th tour of this craphole, every time i go i say i wont go back, but i happen to find myself going again, il thank my friends ..

MrWorldwide1991

I’m there from 21st to 27th I’ll pass on some girls numbers to you if they are any good

MrWorldwide1991

So I came back few days ago man do the girls there look amazing , I found the flat on Airbnb messaged the owner and said I will be bringing girls over if this is an issue let me know he said no problem flat in gueliz 300£ for 6 nights , first day landed went for a walk nice girls couldn’t believe it around the mc Donald’s I was to tired went home after 1 hour or so my friend brings back two girls I get out of bed take a shower bang her twice kick her out total damage 1000 dirham , face 7 breast 6 ass 10 out of 10 next day , security took 200 dirham next day May friend insisted that we call the owner and say we will leave if security bothers us again owner and security agrees 100 dirhams maximum , second day I meet a tinder date take her out face 10 our if 10 body 9 our if 10 she is a virgin study’s to become a doctor , we eat something and go around Jemaa el fena or what ever it’s called  she drops me off back to my place on her moped this girl has balls and I love it she is really brave and remember this a girl giving a lift to a foreigner on a moped in a Muslim country any way she dropped me off and says she wants to see me again , tomorrow, in the evening me and my mate go to 555 pay entrance fee get a drink after the drink is finished we buy 2 bottles we took a few numbers but no luck I would say 555 was my worst experience we leave around 3 am head home on the way I see the mc Donald’s decide to grab a bite order food spot a nice one take the number she comes over agree on 600 dirham bang her twice yuck she is smoker face is 4 titts 6 ass 10 out of 10 , 3rd day I meet another tinder one she is a virgin to long story short I tell her I have to go , so I meet with the first tinder date told her I’m not feeling well saying home come if you want she did it was around 2 she came over abit of kissing he said she was virgin didn’t buy it I said to her you must be talking to 100 guys on tinder looked at her phone She had only replied to me , no pictures of guys etc no number of guys banged her 3 times she didn’t have a fucking clue what she was doing pretty shit fuck , so told her I have to sleep gave her 50£ note for taxi , in the evening went to lotus club there are no working girls here it’s a high end restaurant and bar the place was lit out of this world entertainment really enjoyed it sexy as fuck girls all of them 10 out of 10 damage 150£ drinks and food , after that around 1 African chick is just around the corner went in and there were mainly white middle aged English looked like a shit place if lotus was heaven African chick was hell on earth due to the sort of people in there still there was 2-3 doable girls live band was great took one number she didn’t understand a single word of English so I passed , day 4 went hammam went for a full on package 709 dirham lasted few hours had a really fat bitch great hands strong gave me excellent hammam and massage she licked my balls until I came on her face 200 dirham , in the night went to walked around gueliz picked up a nice girl in the Starbucks she asked for 3000 dirham
In the Starbucks said to her come 1000 for 2 hours she was worth it looked amazing , 5 day met a few from tinder including one with hijab but soon realised she’s just an tease told her to get lost went for another hammam 500 dirham this is another place face 2 body 8-10 gave me a ok hammam fucked her in the hammam 200 dirham I don’t even know why massage was ok in the night went to teahtro place was lit picked up 2 girls 1800 dirham mine was petite face 7-10 breast 8-10 ass 10/10 fucked her once bitch started complaining her friend said she had used weed anyway banged her one more time made sure I really used her slapped her few times put my thumb up her bum and spanked her hard as fuck she wasn’t the same person when she left the flat , my friend was luckier the girl stayed with him for 2 days ! Last day went to massage and hammam 600 dirham good wash she put on a condom on my dick and started riding I didn’t even say anything tipped her 200 dirham after went to massage table in comes a 18 year old girl omg my jaw dropped to the floor easily 100 out of 10 she said she was curving I offered 10 k she said not even for 200 k her pussy and add is off limits anyway she sucked my dick it was shit boob jobs is the best I have ever had in my life got her number , I banged a few more inbetween but was so pissed can’t remember much total damage 2600£ with flight flat and all food and mongering friend spent about 2000£ ,we had one bitch break glass but she was dirty and my mate didn’t want to fuck her so she got upset ,this was from tinder , I found a better place then the mc Donald’s to pick up it’s the Burger King and dominos area of the shipping centre by the mc Donald’s those girls look a lot better , conclusion if you spend 2600£ in London you can have just as fun get a nice hotel in central and get plenty of girls , if you still want to go to Marrakesh teathro if you have money African chick and mc Donald’s if you are skint , will I go again propbobly will I spend the same no never , I will book in way advance get a 70£ easy jet return get a cheap flat 150 for the few days I go , not buy any bottles or pay for tables this are all unnecessary costs and not worth it any questions feel free to ask.

Offline Mikey123

A nice cafe to chill or to invite girls is Le Grand cafe, opposite the railway station. The food is good and reasonably priced, there are a few potential talent about in the late afternoon or early evening, but is mostly just to relax and enjoy a hot drink or get a munch.

Addielondon23

plz let me know aswell i am planning next month aswell

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Ramadan in 2019 is 5th May - 4th June, which is most likely followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

Ramadan in 2019 is 5th May - 4th June, which is most likely followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

Thanks to Toon972.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Only real contribution i can make this time around is that "Naya Lounge" in Agadir was packed with wgs and even though i was simply out for a bit of sheesh with my mate, i could see most of them giving us the eye at the table or when moving around the place. Music was exactly for my taste also, consisting mainly of arabic/punjabi stuff, with some western mixed in there. Anyone in Agadir

For the markesh regulars , Naya lounge in agadir is definitely worth trying out, Definitely the no.1 place in agadir I would say, awesome music and vibes, what’s the top 3 places in markesh atm anyone? I no as time goes by things change so what’s current atm?

Only real contribution i can make this time around is that "Naya Lounge" in Agadir was packed with wgs and even though i was simply out for a bit of sheesh with my mate, i could see most of them giving us the eye at the table or when moving around the place. Music was exactly for my taste also, consisting mainly of arabic/punjabi stuff, with some western mixed in there. Anyone in Agadir

Thanks to Buttons1

KingVi

Planning a trip to Agadir next month - currently looking for a villa/hotel - are the security tight in the hotels?

fezzy197

Planning a trip to Agadir next month - currently looking for a villa/hotel - are the security tight in the hotels?

Afraid to say that very little chance of using hotels for any meetings.  Would suggest renting a flat in a small block or with its own entrance.  Even if it's away from the beach area taxis are relatively cheap and what you pay for a taxi you'll make back as the flat will be cheaper further out.  If there is a concierge/security guy you'll have to pay him off - just ask and be upfront about bringing girls back.  In Morocco money talks as long as you're discreet.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Ramadan in 2020 is 23rd April - 23rd May, which is most likely followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

Offline Mikey123

So a couple of questions were asked about SIM cards and money in Morocco.

At Marrakech airport, as you clear immigration and enter the baggage reclaim hall, on the right side you will see three kiosks, Orange, Inwi and Maroc telecom. They’ll be some girls who will setup the SIM card for you, I.e. top up and mins + data. In my experience orange is the one with overall best coverage. I have not seen this setup at any other airport including Casablanca which is the main airport in Morocco.

If there’s a fitting, ask her to punch her number in the phone, I’ve picked from here before. Usually, they’re civvies and not pros.

If your going to any other city than Marrakesh, on the way to your accommodation, ask the taxi driver to stop so you can get a SIM card, he’ll know a local grocery store from where you can get it. Ask them to set it up for you as it’s all in Arabic and french so you’ll struggle.

You’ll need data more than mins or text as nearly all the girls use watsapp or other social media so get a good data package. You can normally get enough for your whole trip if you get 200 dhirams data.

Regarding the money, the best way is to get a starling card as they give the best rates for foreign exchange and also do not charge you for using the card abroad like if you use a debit card. I have found that starling will give the best rate where ever you go in the world.

Having said that, always take a couple hundred as cash for emergency back up in case anything happens with your card.

If it’s your first time going, most likely you’ll not have any dhirams with you so withdraw or change a small amount at the airport as you’ll need to pay the taxi and other costs. The rates for cash exchange at the airport are crap so just do a small amount like 50 quid. All the machines at the airport charge a small amount for you to withdraw money.

If you’re using a card, make sure to only use it at the BMCI bank ATMs in the city as they will not charge extra, all others will. You’ll find the BMCI ATMs at numerous places.

If your landing in Marrakesh, do not get the taxis from outside arrivals or from the car park as they will charge you an arm and an leg. Walk a bit outside the car park towards the main road and the little lane that the cars are exiting to from the car park, on the right hand there are some taxis parked, get a small yellow taxi and DO NOT pay more than 50 dhirams. They’ll ask you for all sorts but stick to your guns, haggle and make sure the driver knows where to drop you off or he’ll make up some shit and drop you no where near your destination whilst charging you the full amount.

If your hiring a car and driving yourself, make sure you’ve got insurance in the package and also breakdown cover. Before taking possession of the keys and giving it back, make sure to make a detailed video of the car interior and exterior especially if there is any visible damage. There are too many stories where people have been charge extortionate amounts later when the company claimed to notice damage to car. Best to book with a reputable international company, avoid the local ones.

Guys, especially the newbies, please be mindful and don’t fuck it up for everyone. Remember, discretion is the key. The more attention you attract, the more problems you’ll creat for yourself and others.

Offline Brown sauce

So a couple of questions were asked about SIM cards and money in Morocco.

At Marrakech airport, as you clear immigration and enter the baggage reclaim hall, on the right side you will see three kiosks, Orange, Inwi and Maroc telecom. They’ll be some girls who will setup the SIM card for you, I.e. top up and mins + data. In my experience orange is the one with overall best coverage. I have not seen this setup at any other airport including Casablanca which is the main airport in Morocco.

If there’s a fitting, ask her to punch her number in the phone, I’ve picked from here before. Usually, they’re civvies and not pros.

If your going to any other city than Marrakesh, on the way to your accommodation, ask the taxi driver to stop so you can get a SIM card, he’ll know a local grocery store from where you can get it. Ask them to set it up for you as it’s all in Arabic and french so you’ll struggle.

You’ll need data more than mins or text as nearly all the girls use watsapp or other social media so get a good data package. You can normally get enough for your whole trip if you get 200 dhirams data.

Regarding the money, the best way is to get a starling card as they give the best rates for foreign exchange and also do not charge you for using the card abroad like if you use a debit card. I have found that starling will give the best rate where ever you go in the world.

Having said that, always take a couple hundred as cash for emergency back up in case anything happens with your card.

If it’s your first time going, most likely you’ll not have any dhirams with you so withdraw or change a small amount at the airport as you’ll need to pay the taxi and other costs. The rates for cash exchange at the airport are crap so just do a small amount like 50 quid. All the machines at the airport charge a small amount for you to withdraw money.

If you’re using a card, make sure to only use it at the BMCI bank ATMs in the city as they will not charge extra, all others will. You’ll find the BMCI ATMs at numerous places.

If your landing in Marrakesh, do not get the taxis from outside arrivals or from the car park as they will charge you an arm and an leg. Walk a bit outside the car park towards the main road and the little lane that the cars are exiting to from the car park, on the right hand there are some taxis parked, get a small yellow taxi and DO NOT pay more than 50 dhirams. They’ll ask you for all sorts but stick to your guns, haggle and make sure the driver knows where to drop you off or he’ll make up some shit and drop you no where near your destination whilst charging you the full amount.

If your hiring a car and driving yourself, make sure you’ve got insurance in the package and also breakdown cover. Before taking possession of the keys and giving it back, make sure to make a detailed video of the car interior and exterior especially if there is any visible damage. There are too many stories where people have been charge extortionate amounts later when the company claimed to notice damage to car. Best to book with a reputable international company, avoid the local ones.

Guys, especially the newbies, please be mindful and don’t fuck it up for everyone. Remember, discretion is the key. The more attention you attract, the more problems you’ll creat for yourself and others.

Thank you v much for this. Ye starling my preference abroad anyway and I got punting phone I’ll use to put SIM card in

Offline Mikey123

Make sure that your phone is open on all networks, otherwise the sim will not work. If you do find that you’ve forgotten to open the phone on all networks, take it to any phone shop in Morocco and they will do it for you for a small price. Also don’t forget, even though you have a starling card, always keep a couple of hundred as cash for backup.

Offline ELDNG

Monzo cards are a decent back up too. Fee free for the first £200.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Ramadan in 2020 is 23rd April - 23rd May, which is most likely followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

2021 was a write-off

Ramadan in 2022 is 2nd April - 1st May 2022, which is usually then followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

Offline Mikey123

Someone messaged me about travelling between cities.

I’ll give a general picture of this, not going to include COVID related stuff (will do that in a couple of days in relevant city threads). I’m putting this here so everyone can benefit.

One option is to hire your own car. You can get a decent car for about 400 dhirams which is about 39 quid per day. There are multiple international companies through out the cities and most will provide the service from the airport. It is always advisable to book with a mainstream company.
The challenge is to be able to drive in Morocco as the most seasoned person will find it difficult as not many locals obey the rules of the road and you have multiple types of vehicles from trucks to scooters to even donkey carts and horse drawn carriages on the roads. Make sure you have full insurance and breakdown cover also you know what to do in the event of any incident. I would not recommend this option for a new comer.
They also drive on the other side of the road, so the steering wheel is on the left side instead of the British standard right side.
It’s best to get an automatic car as it will be easier to drive otherwise there will be some confusion when you come to changing gears.
Fuel is pretty good priced, not very expensive, best to get a diesel as it gives more MPG.
Morocco has developed modern motorways between the major cities which they call “Auto Route”. You can use google maps easily to navigate. There are regular rest stops (motorway services) on the routes. Be mindful that it is not like the UK where it’s free to drive on these expressways, there are regular toll booths. When you enter one section, you’ll be issued with a ticket that you keep and give at the end of the section where they will tell you how much you have to pay. Average for a route between Marrakesh and Tangiers can be about 300 dhirams. I would not advise to drive on country roads without a local with you as getting help will be very difficult if you breakdown etc. Be mindful of the speeds as there are mobile police units throughout checking speeds via radar guns and you’ll get pulled over guaranteed.

The other option is the trains. Not all the cities are connected at the moment like Agadir to Marrakech etc. If for example your travelling between Marrakesh and Tangiers, you can take the normal slower train between Marrakesh and Casablanca and then at Casablanca, change trains to the ultra fast modern speed train straight to Tangiers and vice versa. The fare will be about 550 dhirams in total which is about £45. This is for the first class, second class is cheaper, about 300 dhirams which is about £24. The journey between Marrakesh and Tangiers is about 5 hours on the train which is same as the road. You can purchase the ticket for the whole journey at the starting point. It’s best to purchase at least a day in advance as otherwise tickets may be sold out especially during the holidays.

The 3rd option is the CTM coach service. This goes to every nook and cranny of the country. Typically the coaches are not luxurious, but comfortable nevertheless. It takes very long time and the stops are not regular, however compared to other options, this is one of the cheapest option. If time is not a problem and your on a budget, best to opt for this option. On average between Tangiers and Marrakesh will be about 200 dhirams and will take about 9 hours if it’s a direct service, indirect will take longer up to 14 hours.

The 4th option is by air as most of the cities in Morocco have airports and daily services between cities run by both Air Maroc and Air Arabia Maroc. Tickets can cost anywhere from 550 dhirams upwards but they do sometimes have cheaper tickets, you’ll have to book in advance. Tangiers to Agadir will cost roughly 585 dhirams and flight time will be about 1 hour 15 mins. Be prepared for flights being late or cancelled without notice.

Lastly another option is what the Moroccans call the grand taxis which is the bigger taxi which can be the classic Mercedes or even a people carrier. They will have special stands in every city, just ask your normal petit taxi driver and he’ll take you there. The petit taxis cannot operate outside the city boundaries so like if you have to go to the outskirts of the city, you’ll have to get a grand taxi. An average cost from Tangiers to Asilah (50 miles) is about 25 dhirams per person. If you want the whole grand taxi to yourself, be prepared to haggle as the driver will charge you an arm and a leg. Some will stick with the standard tariff which you can see on a board on the stand or on the taxi windscreen. Be mindful that the taxi is not moving until it’s full, wether it takes 5 mins or 50 mins. The driver will try to cram in more than is necessary in some cases like putting two people on the front passenger seat. This I found to be the most unhealthiest and horrible of experiences but you should if you want to experience the authentic real Moroccan life. LOL.

All the above is from my personal experiences, other’s experience may differ. Hope you find it useful.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 11:48:12 pm by Mikey123 »

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
2021 was a write-off

Ramadan in 2022 is 2nd April - 1st May 2022, which is usually then followed by 3 or 4 days holiday.

Also you should have checked when Eid was going to fall before you went. Officially it's a 3 day celebration but it generally lasts for a week before things pick back up and most importantly before the pool of WGs return from their towns and villages

The 2nd Eid in 2022 falls on 9th July 2022, so expect things to quiten down a few days before the 9th, lasting for approx a week.

Offline Marmalade

:hi: Cheers to all the people creating a much needed Morocco Wiki. Thanks guys.