Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Excuses if caught with a second phone?  (Read 2494 times)

Offline jackthelad

Like the title. What would you tell people if they spot you with your punting phone? Haven't been caught yet but good to know what excuses we could use.

Offline AnthG

The obvious ones I would think of are.

1. I have this pay as you go on another provider incase ..... is down and I need to make a call.

2. I have this pay as you go as this other provider has a better reception in certain black spots that my main phone get zero bars on. So I will phone using this.

3. I have this in my glove compartment incase the batteries run out on my main phone and need to make an important call like for the RAC toetruck if my car breaks down.

For this to work obviously you need a Pay as you go from a different provider.

My advice would be a combo of O2 network (So GiffGaff) for your Pay monthly sim and Three's 321 for your pay as you go punting phone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:14:01 pm by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline fisherofsouls

4. Who are you and what the fuck's it got to do with you ?   :lol:

Offline Anallover6969

Offline Anallover6969

I have several phones that never got round to selling or giving away.

If you get questioned either tell them it's none of their business or. You can't make your mind up which one you will keep.

Offline smiths

Like the title. What would you tell people if they spot you with your punting phone? Haven't been caught yet but good to know what excuses we could use.

No need for a second phone if its a problem hiding one, just a tiny punting sim is sufficient.

Sureshot

The best option is to simply NOT get caught. 

Although as smiths said, just get s sim and keep it hidden in your wallet
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:59:11 pm by Sureshot »

Offline Boundless

Depends who catches me.

I was using it at work and someone spotted it, I just said I'd found it at home and was testing it out.

When I've been asked by other people I just say it's a work phone.

The Mrs was washing my trousers, took my punting phone out and put it on the bedside table. As far as I know she didn't scroll thro the contacts  :scare:
Lisa, Susie, Kim, Katie, Raquel, Emily.....
No, not quite like that, they are limited to 2 initials

Offline arthur

With the sim only option and no punting phone, there could be problems with smartphones in terms of linking contacts; and facebook linking the sim to an account etc. Best to do a lot of research on your phone and how it might potentially do this before using a 2nd sim.

Unless of course your normal phone is a standard non-smartphone

Offline smiths

With the sim only option and no punting phone, there could be problems with smartphones in terms of linking contacts; and facebook linking the sim to an account etc. Best to do a lot of research on your phone and how it might potentially do this before using a 2nd sim.

Unless of course your normal phone is a standard non-smartphone

I don't need a smartphone as a punting phone, my old Nokia does the job, I wouldn't advise using a smartphone as a punting phone personally, but that's up to punters to decide of course.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I don't need a smartphone as a punting phone, my old Nokia does the job, I wouldn't advise using a smartphone as a punting phone personally, but that's up to punters to decide of course.

+1

Depends who catches me.

I was using it at work and someone spotted it, I just said I'd found it at home and was testing it out.

Makes it difficult to say that the 10-yr old simple, basic Nokia that is in your hand is your work phone, when you work in the IT industry, etc.  :scare:

Offline threechilliman

I have no excuse for a second phone as I don't really use the one I've got. Better keep it out of sight.

tcm

Offline Punter Griffin

I have a seperate phone for things like getting quotes for car insurance, give that number, sort the insurance, turn it off for the rest of the year...which is a great tip in general, stops calling calling to your main phone.

I tell the OH I it in the car for emergencies.

raylondoner

Just hope MummiesNet isn't monitoring!  :hi:

Offline Happylad

Exactly the sane as the reason for several email addresses - This onr is for family and close  friends, the other is for everything else likely to generate spam.

Offline Boundless

I have a seperate phone for things like getting quotes for car insurance, give that number, sort the insurance, turn it off for the rest of the year...which is a great tip in general, stops calling calling to your main phone.

I tell the OH I it in the car for emergencies.

Everytime I get a junk call on my iPhone I just add them to the blocked list - goes straight to voicemail if they call.
Got about 30 numbers in there now.

LL

Just hope MummiesNet isn't monitoring!  :hi:
Of course they are!
Topics like this are counter-productive to our aim of keeping our punting lifestyle covert.

Offline Mansell

Depends who catches me.

The Mrs was washing my trousers, took my punting phone out and put it on the bedside table. As far as I know she didn't scroll thro the contacts  :scare:

Can you not put a PIN or other security into it so she can't look at it ? My'n does, old phone I had before and off and locked always.

Offline pong

I have 3 smart phones .... now explain that.

Distraction

Depends who catches me.

Can you not put a PIN or other security into it so she can't look at it ? My'n does, old phone I had before and off and locked always.

+1. Mine has a pin. Yet it seems a lot of people with OH's keep them unlocked?

Offline claretandblue

4. Who are you and what the fuck's it got to do with you ?   :lol:
+1 other than the missus I would not expect anyone else to ask,unless of course it was one of my fellow mongering mates in a jokey way!

Offline Anadin

I genuinely use my second phone as a Sat Nav so there's that.

Offline Jeff_withpetersen

With the wife/significant other there is a risk of this but it may help you that with everyone else ... I have noticed if I'm at work and pull out my punting phone as part of arranging something for later in the evening, even people who know what 'normal' phone I have and can clearly see me on another phone never bat an eyelid.

It's not that they notice and think hmm that'd odd I won't mention it, it's that they really don't seem to notice - I think it's that old thing of 'if you knew how little people thought about you, you'd be offended' - at most the average brain is just picking up there's a phone there and that bloke is using it, people aren't thinking hang on is that the same phone he had 10 minutes ago.

The wife will though. Only thing I can suggest is 'oh I've been having some problems with my phone so picked up this shit cheap one just in case' which is my go-to line.

Offline lostandfound

Have lots of phones. My punting phone isn't actually the shittiest phone I have - though it's fairly close, and lost in the mix.

Offline claretandblue

Have lots of phones. My punting phone isn't actually the shittiest phone I have - though it's fairly close, and lost in the mix.
Do you work in a phone shop?  :hi:

Offline SamLP

Never had to use an excuse as it's always hidden. Being single also means there's no OH snooping around. The only time I gave an excuse was when I was buying the phone, told the shop keeper I was going on holiday and wanted to buy a cheap phone to put a foreign sim in while I was there. The guy was understanding and helpful.

Offline NelsonH

What the fuck.

You went into a shop to buy a phone and felt you needed to give the guy an excuse.

He sells phones, you want to buy a pnone, end of.

Actually if he'd asked me I'd have told him it's for calling up tarts.

vw

I abandoned phone 2 years ago just hate the damn things.

Offline SamLP

Nelson, nobody asked me. I basically went in and said I'm going on holiday and want a cheap phone to use while I'm there. I didn't need to say anything but sometimes a simple cover story can make people more helpful and the transaction much faster rather than him trying to convince me to buy another phone as it has all these useful apps and is 3G enabled etc. I just cut to the chase.

Offline Boundless

Never had to use an excuse as it's always hidden. Being single also means there's no OH snooping around. The only time I gave an excuse was when I was buying the phone, told the shop keeper I was going on holiday and wanted to buy a cheap phone to put a foreign sim in while I was there. The guy was understanding and helpful.

I know it's only the Mrs that we have to be wary of and not MI5 but the guy in the phone shop might remember you if you had a convo with him.
I bought my punting phone in Argos in a different town, went to the self service machine, paid cash collected it when my number was called out. Never registered, always topped up with cash vouchers.

But as Nancy Sinatra never said "and then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid on UKP!!"

Offline fisherofsouls

I know it's only the Mrs that we have to be wary of and not MI5 but the guy in the phone shop might remember you if you had a convo with him.
I bought my punting phone in Argos in a different town, went to the self service machine, paid cash collected it when my number was called out. Never registered, always topped up with cash vouchers.

But as Nancy Sinatra never said "and then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid on UKP!!"

Oh you fucking fuck - now that song's stuck in my head :( :)

Offline G.Raff

Use an old Blackberry with the keyboard as your punting phone and say that this is only for emails as you hate using the touchscreen of your main smartphone. (too many typos)

:hi:

Of course it should be set on Silent and PIN locked.

Offline G.Raff

Offline threechilliman

I know it's only the Mrs that we have to be wary of and not MI5.....

MI5 would never catch us, but the Mrs is a different kettle of fish. Never under-estimate how devious women can be.

tcm

Offline Cunning Punt

Blimey, all this subterfuge and obsessive worrying about being caught with just having another phone... makes me glad I'm single.

vw

Blimey, all this subterfuge and obsessive worrying about being caught with just having another phone... makes me glad I'm single.
Doesn't it just.