Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: If you ever needed a reason to just eat crap all day...  (Read 575 times)

Offline puntingking

External Link/Members Only

Fruit & veg are littered with "forever chemicals" that are linked to diabetes, cancer, kidney problems and heart problems. It turns out fruits are not as healthy in the Uk as they should be.  :dash:

I might aswell not care about healthy eating as sausages & fried bacon may be better for me than having a bunch of grapes or strawberrys.  :dash:

Offline alabama1

Fruit & veg are littered with "forever chemicals" that are linked to diabetes, cancer, kidney problems and heart problems. It turns out fruits are not as healthy in the Uk as they should be.  :dash:

I might aswell not care about healthy eating as sausages & fried bacon may be better for me than having a bunch of grapes or strawberrys.  :dash:
But do you care ? If you don't eat a lot of fruit then surely it doesn't matter  :unknown:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:21:55 am by alabama1 »

Offline SoapyTW

not entirely following your logic here. Report isn't saying fruit/veg is worse for you than processed crap. On top of this, you could - and assuming you care - should eat organic fruit where the growing processing is intentionally attempting to avoid issues like this

Offline Blackpool Rock

Fucking click bait, hasn't this already been in the Daily Fail a few years ago  :thumbsdown:

Offline Stevelondon

I gave up listening to diet advice yonks back

Years ago it was red wine is bad for you, then later it’s good.?
Don’t drink coffee, yes do drink coffee.

I eat and drink pretty much what I feel like eating and drinking. Make my own mind up about what’s god and bad for me.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I eat and drink pretty much what I feel like eating and drinking. Make my own mind up about what’s god and bad for me.
Yeah I remember back 40+ years ago when we were told to eat more "roughage" which then became "dietary fibre" and they were pushing people to eat loads of bran, it then came on the radio one day that a study showed eating too much bran had a possible link to colon cancer FFS  :dash:

I eat plenty of good stuff like fruit, though apparently according to that linked article it isn't  :dash: but I also eat plenty of crap and far too much sugar.
I have cut down on bacon and sausages about 12 months ago after a specific health issue as I used to have bacon / sausage sandwiches every weekend but now it's a treat every 3 or 4 weeks, despite eating too much sugar my blood sugar was perfect so perhaps i'm lucky but perhaps it's due to me doing the gym regularly and burning it off  :unknown:

Every so often I have a rebalance and cut back on the shit but it always slips back into the diet eventually but at least i'm mindful of keeping things in check every so often
You do need to have a bit of what you want every so often and an occasional binge as food / drink is so much more than just fuel and can have a positive mental effect on you 

Everything in moderation plus plenty of exercise  :drinks:

Offline akauya

Offline puntingking

not entirely following your logic here. Report isn't saying fruit/veg is worse for you than processed crap. On top of this, you could - and assuming you care - should eat organic fruit where the growing processing is intentionally attempting to avoid issues like this

After doing abit of research I find that most organic foods including organic fruit still include these chemicals but to a lesser degree. The only way to avoid these chemicals is to properly grow fruits and veg yourself but even then in this day of age that is not practical has most people dont have enough land to grow their own foods.  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

But do you care ? If you don't eat a lot of fruit then surely it doesn't matter :unknown:

if fruits have these chemicals then my guess is pretty much all other foods would still have these chemicals.  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

:thumbsup:

Online PilotMan

After doing abit of research I find that most organic foods including organic fruit still include these chemicals but to a lesser degree. The only way to avoid these chemicals is to properly grow fruits and veg yourself but even then in this day of age that is not practical has most people dont have enough land to grow their own foods.  :unknown:

It's more click bait for stuff that is widely known anyway.

Whatever you eat (animal or vegetable) will most likely be consuming these chemicals either directly or through the water system.

External Link/Members Only.

Offline Stevelondon

I think we are all reasonably intelligent on here. Well apart from me but I blame that on the fact I was severely disadvantaged at school.
As in I never went.

We all know it’s down to a good enough diet and exercise as BR says.
I’ve tried joining a gym but there were far too many hot young things in tight Lycra prancing about. I could never get up from the apparatus because of the hard on.

Plus……. Please don’t mention the women in there too. 😂

Offline Colston36

Don't worry. Despite all these deadly perils year after year we live longer. When I was born in 1936 is was just over 60; now it is over 80.

I drank like a fish for 40 years and didn't stop till I was 75. Yet here I am.

But in America where they poison you daily in the name of money life expectancy is going down.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:15:02 pm by Colston36 »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Don't worry. Despite all these deadly perils year after year we live longer. When I was born in 1936 is was just over 60; now it is over 80.

I drank like a fish for 40 years and didn't stop till I was 75. Yet here I am.

But in America where they poison you daily in the name of money life expectancy is going down.
I believe it's peaked or at least plateaued in the UK which is why the Govt has held back on announcing another increase in the state pension age which had previously been predicted, we need to bear in mind they are looking at the numbers now and predicting where things will be in 10; 20 or 30 years time

I know a guy who was on his works pension trustee board about 15 years ago and some of the financial guys basically said then that life expectancy was actually expected to start dropping due to bad diet and basically obesity

Offline MLawro93

Everything in moderation. That's it.

Anything else is just poor luck due to genetics, and you can't control that. Yet...

Online PilotMan

I listen to and read quite a lot about the subject of lifespan and longevity, Jason Prall, Tim Spectre (Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at Kings College London) etc. We had a blip around Covid and that skewed the figures, but life expectancy rates are continuing to increase quite considerably (compared to the past few thousand years anyway).

Baby boys born in the UK in 2020 can expect to live on average to age 87.3 years and girls to age 90.2 years, taking into account projected changes in mortality patterns over their lifetime.

1 in 7 boys and 1 in 5 girls born from now on are expected to live to over 100. By 2045 this will rise to 1 in 5 boys and more than 1 in four girls!

Offline DastardlyDick

As a type 2 diabetic, I don't eat a lot of fruit as even natural sugar knackers my HbA1c score.
I seem to remember hearing several years ago now that the best diet we, as a nation, ever had was under rationing during WW2

Offline puntingking

I listen to and read quite a lot about the subject of lifespan and longevity, Jason Prall, Tim Spectre (Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at Kings College London) etc. We had a blip around Covid and that skewed the figures, but life expectancy rates are continuing to increase quite considerably (compared to the past few thousand years anyway).

Baby boys born in the UK in 2020 can expect to live on average to age 87.3 years and girls to age 90.2 years, taking into account projected changes in mortality patterns over their lifetime.

1 in 7 boys and 1 in 5 girls born from now on are expected to live to over 100. By 2045 this will rise to 1 in 5 boys and more than 1 in four girls!

living longer does not mean we will be healthy at an old age. all it means is that our medicine and our healthcare are much better at dealing with life threatening conditions.

A nation healthcare should be measured not by the quantity of someones life but by the quality of someones life.

Offline Blackpool Rock

living longer does not mean we will be healthy at an old age. all it means is that our medicine and our healthcare are much better at dealing with life threatening conditions.

A nation healthcare should be measured not by the quantity of someones life but by the quality of someones life.
Yes I was talking with someone a while back and they said how for years the focus was on extending peoples "Lifespan" with medicine and operations etc but if someone now gets an extra 5; 10; 15 or 20 years but lives that extra life in ill health and misery then what's the fucking point  :unknown:

The talk now is more about giving people a longer "healthspan" where the years they live are good ones  :thumbsup: If you can increase both life and health then  :music: however it's either not cheap or requires individuals to take better control of their own life choices and both of these are an issue in this country

Online PilotMan

The evidence shows that we are living healthier for longer, not just longer.

Online PilotMan

Yes I was talking with someone a while back and they said how for years the focus was on extending peoples "Lifespan" with medicine and operations etc but if someone now gets an extra 5; 10; 15 or 20 years but lives that extra life in ill health and misery then what's the fucking point  :unknown:

The talk now is more about giving people a longer "healthspan" where the years they live are good ones  :thumbsup: If you can increase both life and health then  :music: however it's either not cheap or requires individuals to take better control of their own life choices and both of these are an issue in this country

Health insurance companies like Vitality fir example, are focusing their plans on the insured pro-actively living a healthier lifestyle.

Offline GreyDave

We have had in our extened family 106, 104, 98 , 97 , 94 88 ers who were just living skin and bones  :(  at family gatherings several often just sat there asking for God to take them  :(  I would not wish to be like this or really any loved one  :( its just keeping the reaper at bay for some daft compertion between him and carers :thumbsdown:

Then on the other hand Ive had other members who just said " I cant go on like this"..... after realising thir quailty of life was going down hill and have given up eating and drinking and quitley died in there 80`s ......fatty food wine where seen as wonderful treats along with the odd ciggy ,,, Albran was considered Bird food  :D

Online PilotMan

We have had in our extened family 106, 104, 98 , 97 , 94 88 ers who were just living skin and bones  :(  at family gatherings several often just sat there asking for God to take them  :(  I would not wish to be like this or really any loved one  :( its just keeping the reaper at bay for some daft compertion between him and carers :thumbsdown:

Then on the other hand Ive had other members who just said " I cant go on like this"..... after realising thir quailty of life was going down hill and have given up eating and drinking and quitley died in there 80`s ......fatty food wine where seen as wonderful treats along with the odd ciggy ,,, Albran was considered Bird food  :D

Exactly, that's why everybody should take care and personal responsibility for their own health and well being. What's the point in living a long life if you're not functioning.

There's not some magical state scheme or genie in the sky that is going to make you fit and healthy in your old age, it's up to each and every one of us to take personal responsibility. With a few exceptions of those genetically pre-disposed, there's no reason not to live in a fit, healthy and mobile state well in to your 90's. There's plenty of information out there, so ignorance is not an excuse.

As with most things, you are where you are in life because of the decisions and actions (or inactions) you took.

Offline Doc Holliday

As always this is complex.

@ Pilotman and others, this is a very recent analysis from King's Fund. External Link/Members Only (although the data only covers England)

It discusses many aspects including healthy life expediencies, long term sickness and disability, geography etc. Ethnic differences are also interesting and perhaps not quite what you would expect in terms of 'white'? The future for England in terms of this, is not great with largely only the US of comparable developed countries faring worse.

Online PilotMan

As always this is complex.

@ Pilotman and others, this is a very recent analysis from King's Fund. External Link/Members Only (although the data only covers England)

It discusses many aspects including healthy life expediencies, long term sickness and disability, geography etc. Ethnic differences are also interesting and perhaps not quite what you would expect in terms of 'white'? The future for England in terms of this, is not great with largely only the US of comparable developed countries faring worse.

England isn't a person. Taking people in England collectively is like saying, it's not my problem, it's an "England" problem  :unknown:

Whilst the numbers report different rates from the various ethnic groups, many of the factors contributing to an early death are preventable, because they tend to be learned habits from people within our social and family circles that are contributing factors. it's not a simple case of one's genetics or some other "uncontrollable" socio economic or geographic factor. It's the preventable actions that people take.

Some extracts from the report, which is mostly derived from the ONS report referenced earlier.

"About one-third of the inequalities in life expectancy between the most and least deprived decile of areas are caused by higher mortality rates from heart and respiratory disease, and lung cancer in the most deprived areas. These conditions are caused largely by risk factors such as smoking and obesity, which are higher among more deprived groups and potentially preventable."

"Lower mortality rates (resulting in higher life expectancy) for ethnic minority groups relative to the white British group may be due in part to the ‘healthy migrant effect’ (whereby people who migrate tend to be in good health) and lower rates of smoking and alcohol consumption in ethnic minority groups,

"Life expectancy in people with serious mental illness is 15–20 years shorter than the average for the general population; this disparity is largely due to preventable physical illnesses."

If you really want to know the secret of living healthier and living longer, check out Blue Zones. It's a study on the people who live longest on the planet and the reasons behind it.

It's not at all complex, it has nothing to do with socio economic factors or genetics - pretty much everything is down to the individual, there are no excuses.

There's also a Blue Zones Documentary on Netflix.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 01:18:16 pm by PilotMan »

Offline Doc Holliday

England isn't a person. Taking people in England collectively is like saying, it's not my problem, it's an "England" problem  :unknown:

Where did I say that? Where did I say much of it is not preventable? It is estimated that mortality outcomes can be influenced by preventative measures by up to 40%

I simply posted the link because you said it was a subject that interested you and it was a very recent analysis which was relevant to the discussion.  :hi:

Online PilotMan

Where did I say that?

"The future for England in terms of this, is not great with largely only the US of comparable developed countries faring worse."

I'm confused now, what do you mean by the above?