Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: WhatsApp new privacy feature - A punters bestfriend  (Read 2352 times)

Offline youngppunter7

Not sure if everyone knows about this new hidden gem so thought I’d highlight it.

WhatsApp now has the feature to lock your chats on iPhone. (Probably works on other makes too)
When you lock them then they can be at the top of all your chats, hidden unless you scroll up at the top, to see ‘locked chats’. However now they have a feature where you can enter a specific word that you set in the search bar instead! To then view the ‘locked chats’ tab. 

To me this is a 100% secure because if you put a word like spaghetti in the search bar there’s no chance the missus or anyone would think of that to find your dirty little secrets.

Pro tip: you then ‘mute permanently’ all the chats you have in there so that not notifications come up whatsoever. If you don’t do this, you get a generic (you have a WhatsApp notification) and then asks for a passcode once you opens the app so make sure you mute the chats  :dash:

Anyone else familiar with this? Or are they just sticking to a burner phone  :lol:

Offline Al R

I know about it, good feature apart from if you have the person from the locked chat in your contacts and select them from there, then the phone face id / passcode (that is not the different locked chat password) opens the locked chat.

Offline youngppunter7

That’s a good point  :thumbsup:

I’ve never saved a WGs number so never noticed that

Offline scouting

I know about it, good feature apart from if you have the person from the locked chat in your contacts and select them from there, then the phone face id / passcode (that is not the different locked chat password) opens the locked chat.

Not how it works for me, chat stays locked. Good feature.

Offline Al R

Not how it works for me, chat stays locked. Good feature.
Really? Weird.

Just tried it again with a few numbers - pressing the + symbol at the top brings up the contacts screen and if I select a contact whose chat is locked from there, face ID opens up the chat straight away. If it doesn’t see my face after a couple of goes it asks for the phone unlock password, not the locked chat one 🤷‍♂️

That’s on ios, maybe different if you’re on Android?

Offline scouting

Really? Weird.

Just tried it again with a few numbers - pressing the + symbol at the top brings up the contacts screen and if I select a contact whose chat is locked from there, face ID opens up the chat straight away. If it doesn’t see my face after a couple of goes it asks for the phone unlock password, not the locked chat one 🤷‍♂️

That’s on ios, maybe different if you’re on Android?

Aah - I don't use face ID so that may be the difference

Offline Al R

Aah - I don't use face ID so that may be the difference
that’ll be it  :thumbsup:

I turned face id off and it asks for the “secret code” rather than password - my mistake on my post you quoted I thought it was after the phone unlock password. Bit daft that face ID over rides everything else, kind of defeats the object!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 07:04:50 am by Al R »

Offline monzed0990

Thought punting was for single chaps like me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Online PilotMan

It's not for you either, going by your contributions 🤷🏻‍♂️

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Do you actually punt, you've been here 12 months and haven't contributed anything, is there a reason for that?