Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: TV ads you hate  (Read 15221 times)

Offline DouglasReynholm

you know the magazine part works where you buy a magazine and you can build a plastic Aston Martin in 18 months
They are moving up market ad on todays TV for a metal model of a Uboat
The cost is shown for about 2 seconds
35 parts at £50 each (inc p&p) thats £1750 !
How many people is this aimed at ?
Don't you mean 35 parts at £5, £175?
Yeah  first issue usually sells for a low price of £1:99 then the rest of the issues sell for £9:99 . It takes about 200 issues to complete the model . It works out cheaper to buy the real thing.  :dash:
How many people is this aimed at ?  Idiots I would imagine
The real thing? Oh, if it is a real U-Boat £1,750 is great value! Wunderbar!  :thumbsup:

Online timsussex

Don't you mean 35 parts at £5, £175? The real thing? Oh, if it is a real U-Boat £1,750 is great value! Wunderbar!  :thumbsup:

it was 35 parts at £45+£5 p&p - admittedly metal not plastic and the first issue was cheaper £17-50 !

Offline Malvolio

I guess people get their money's worth from actually putting the thing together.  Think of it as a very slow jigsaw.

Offline myothernameis

The new curry's adverts, eating instructions, and the wisdom of beards

Offline StingRay

The stupid fucker that loses his tins of baked beans at the airport!  :dash:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The stupid fucker that loses his tins of baked beans at the airport!  :dash:
Ahh, so it's a baked beans advert, I turn it over every time it comes on so I never got as far as what it was for.

Offline David1970

Adverts for bingo games…how thick are their target audience if that shit encourages them to buy the product. :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

The latest advert for Walkers crisps with David Beckham and Thierry Henry. Both have made millions playing football so why the fuck do they need to advertise crisps. It can't be that they need the money.

Online Dave33ws6

The car advert where the voiceover says "can we skip to the good part?"

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

The latest advert for Walkers crisps with David Beckham and Thierry Henry. Both have made millions playing football so why the fuck do they need to advertise crisps. It can't be that they need the money.

No but brands want recognisable “celebs” fronting their advertising campaigns.

Online PilotMan

I hated that Domino's yodelling advert, but now it makes me laugh.

I was following a delivery guy on a moped, I had an irrational desire to stop next to him, wind down the window and yodel at him  :lol: :lol:

The Bugger managed to get away  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

No but brands want recognisable “celebs” fronting their advertising campaigns.

True but they could have made a better advert than that.

Offline Corus Boy

The latest advert for The British Heart Foundation Lottery with the smug git fronting it.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Munter84

I think the new McDonald's advert (the one that features two solid minutes of humming with a half chewed Big Mac in some blokes mouth) has leapt to the top spot of current most annoying ad.

Offline Punterperson1971

Octismart mattress. And any other mattress  advert early in the morning they normally come on,and they go on and on and on
Spec savers HOME TESTS
Fairy non bio advert
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:12:01 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline Ghost89

The new compare the meerkat with them sing “ I feel like Nero”. I used to quite like these when they very first started but now they just irritate me. Enough is enough with it now.

Offline DouglasReynholm

The RSPCA ad telling me not to step on snails. Stick to protecting animals that matter FFS.

Offline Ghost89

The RSPCA ad telling me not to step on snails. Stick to protecting animals that matter FFS.

Personal experience with the RSPCA I can tell you that they’re not quite as caring as they say they are. I once found a dog that had been tied to a lamppost and left and was in distress. When I rang them they refused to come out to collect it. When I stated it needed help they just said to me to take it home myself. I couldn’t do that so in the end took it to a local vet who kindly looked after it. They wouldn’t even come out to see if it was chipped. Terrible they were.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Personal experience with the RSPCA I can tell you that they’re not quite as caring as they say they are. I once found a dog that had been tied to a lamppost and left and was in distress. When I rang them they refused to come out to collect it. When I stated it needed help they just said to me to take it home myself. I couldn’t do that so in the end took it to a local vet who kindly looked after it. They wouldn’t even come out to see if it was chipped. Terrible they were.
That was my experience with an injured cat when I contacted them, basically take it to a vet yourself  :thumbsdown:

Someone at work when I told them what happened said they are fucking useless and only interested in the "Big" stories like a seal washed up on a popular beach etc where they can get the TV cameras and press down to document it and then say to the whole world "Look how amazing we are, give us a donation"  :thumbsdown:

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
The new andrex advert 'get comfortable' where the woman farts in the office  then takes her own loo roll off her shelf and gets up to walk to the loo, picks up some great big book and does the slow walk, stops at the loo door, snifs the loo roll defiantly and looks around to see the whole office watching her go in.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous advert with some stupid tag line of 40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:06:17 am by MissWolf »

Offline DouglasReynholm

40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
So you don't offer Hardsports then? Not something I'm into either.

It is shite and I hadn't seen it until now. And I wish I still hadn't. External Link/Members Only

I do wish service providers would post more here though.  :rose:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The new andrex advert 'get comfortable' where the woman farts in the office  then takes her own loo roll off her shelf and gets up to walk to the loo, picks up some great big book and does the slow walk, stops at the loo door, snifs the loo roll defiantly and looks around to see the whole office watching her go in.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous advert with some stupid tag line of 40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
It's done it's job, the name is on your mind now.  :D

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
It's done it's job, the name is on your mind now.  :D

If it hadn't been for the puppy under her desk I'd have been none the wiser, now that's marketing for you  :lol:  :lol:

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
So you don't offer Hardsports then? Not something I'm into either.

It is shite and I hadn't seen it until now. And I wish I still hadn't. External Link/Members Only

I do wish service providers would post more here though.  :rose:

Ummmmmm no no no no no and nooooooooooo

I shall endeavour to post there possible  :hi:

Offline myothernameis

I think the new McDonald's advert (the one that features two solid minutes of humming with a half chewed Big Mac in some blokes mouth) has leapt to the top spot of current most annoying ad.

The latest Burger King adverts