Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "Sex worker"  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I often call females ladies after a run in with feminists who wanted me to call them women. So when talking about service providers I see no reason to change my style.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:19:42 pm by Horizontal pleasures »

Flunt

I may be speaking out of turn and with respect to older members, surely  the apparent issues surrounding a nomenclature for WG's has been done to death ...and IMO comments on this topic have been exhausted along with the attempts at irony. Just a view.....

Is there a punting related topic which hasn't been done to death? Just a thought  :unknown:

Offline Marmalade

I always knew I wasn't special and this proves it.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank fuck for UKP.  :drinks: :hi: :hi: :drinks:

I'd leave that to Scottish members who follow you more closely. But obviously 172 reviews is not to be sniffed at. Did you RO them all and did they all smell fishy?  ;)

As to thank fuck for UKP, I agree wholeheartedly!!

Offline Marmalade

I often call females ladies after a run in with feminists who wanted me to call them women. So when talking about service providers I see no reason to change my style.
As your style is unique in so many ways HP, I respect your choice. (from a safe distance hehe)
I wonder that those so-called feminists don't realize that the word woman is patriarchal, being based on the word man.  :sarcastic:

Offline winkywanky

...you can cut and paste my word if you want to use it

Marmalade: Prοssie

Me: Prossie

Offline winkywanky

Offline mrfishyfoo

I'd leave that to Scottish members who follow you more closely. But obviously 172 reviews is not to be sniffed at. Did you RO them all and did they all smell fishy;)

As to thank fuck for UKP, I agree wholeheartedly!!

Nope !!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline NIK

Who can resist this one... hehe  ;)

Prostitute: A person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment, more specifically sex as opposed to other erotic services. Legal term, sometimes replaced by Sex Worker in the belief that the latter is more 'politically correct'. Objectors say it implies that the woman has 'been prostituted' (i.e. pimped) as opposed to prostituting herself.  :rolleyes:

Sex Worker: slightly less correct term for a prostitute, web cammer, lap dancer, phone sex worker etc, suggesting that the prostitute works. Objected to by abolitionists who claim that it legitimizes prostitution. Has to be used in full to distinguish from Street Worker, which is commonly abbreviated to SW. Curiously, the English Collective of Prostitutes has not re-branded itself as the English Collective of Sex Workers.

Consensual Sex Worker: a technical term offered by Canadian academics supporting prostitutes to emphasise non-trafficked, non-forced prostitution. Abolitionists prefer the term 'victim'.

WG (Working Girl) A girl who does some work. Usually excludes prostitutes but is commonly understood to mean 'prostitute'.

Prοssie: slightly affectionate term for a prostitute or sex worker who has consensual sex, mostly used by people who avail themselves of the services of a prostitute, and occasionally by prostitutes themselves. It has the advantage of avoiding an argument over dictionary definitions, as it is a word that everyone who uses it knows what it means. On UKP, it means a prοssie who has consensual sex with men for payment. Simples.

Hooker: An American prostitute

Slapper/Whore/Cuntflaps: mildly derogatory term for a prostitute who gives herself airs and graces

Prostituted Women: politically correct expedient devised by academics in case anybody confuses them with men or plastic sex dolls. Possibly reinforces the idea that they are pimped.

Terms for 'punters' vary. Commonly 'Johns'' "Clients" "Mongers" and "Punters". Punters is the most common UK term.

House of Commons Home Affairs Committee notes that there is "opposition to the description 'sex workers'." Their use of the term "refers to female, male or transgender adults who receive money in exchange for sexual services."

Maybe we should all just use the term 'courtesan'?   :rolleyes:

Online RogerBoner

Maybe we should all just use the term 'courtesan'?   :rolleyes:
NIK what do you think about the attempted banning of the word Prοssie?

Offline NIK

NIK what do you think about the attempted banning of the word Prοssie?

Not a lot, as I have already expressed elsewhere.

It might only be a word as some have said, but the fact that someone now running the site finds it 'offensive' speaks volumes.  Extremely reminiscent of the kind of policy that was routinely adopted by paid sex sites before UKP came along and took the side of the punter rather than the profiteers.

Apart from that the old threads where the term has obviously recently been replaced by the term 'sex worker' just look peculiar.
Having said that I do prefer the term sex worker, which I suppose is accurate, to the awful term 'working girl' which I hate. It implies other women in legitimate jobs don't work. And most of the pros can, by no stretch of the imagination, be called 'girls.'  :rolleyes:

Offline Marmalade

A related term I use sometimes is p4p (paid for pussy). Not aimed at any specific prοssie, just relates to a need with the remedy purchased. A bit like ‘haircut’. Never heard anyone take offence, nice and easy to write, not too obvious if in company, and even spellcheckers don’t bother to censor it.
 :D

Offline freeze44

A related term I use sometimes is p4p (paid for pussy). Not aimed at any specific prοssie, just relates to a need with the remedy purchased. A bit like ‘haircut’. Never heard anyone take offence, nice and easy to write, not too obvious if in company, and even spellcheckers don’t bother to censor it.
 :D

p4p...good one!  :lol:

What about c4g or cash for gash??   :thumbsup:

Offline winkywanky

Also works from the other side of the fence when referring to guys buying sex: P4P = Punters For Profit.