Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Privacy / anonymity of this site?  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Listerlad2011

Hi all,

So recently I have been worried about my online privacy, (do you know Google can track you a cross the internet? Listening in on your conversations ect)

So with much research I decided to use a VPN to hide from advertiser's. However when I came to log into this site, it refused to log me in until I disabled the VPN.

So how much information does this site keep about us? And who do they share the info with?

Is anyone else concerned about their anonymity on here? Or am I being paranoid?

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline fisherofsouls

Dear David,

There's nothing to worry about, we won't say a word to your wife Susan or your adorable twins.  We'll even keep your dog Rover in the dark (though not as dark as your front garden there at no 45 ;)

Plenty of people here also like browsing hamstefun.org and bottlebuggery.com, there's nothing to be ashamed of !  You might want to cover the camera lens on your computer though as that wallpaper sends our video servers wobbly...

We can see you're off to Antayla next week - have a great time in Turkey and we won't let on to anybody about the incall you have planned for Wednesday night while the twins are in kids club and Susan is at the bingo.

Toodle pip !

Offline jesse4585

Google etc track literally over 3 billion people  - unless you are mega rich or high up in politics, business etc,  there's almost no way a human's going to look at your individual data.  It's almost entirely used just by machine code (AI) to make them more money with advertisers.  Totally harmless in my opinion.

If it bothers you ,  use a more private alternative  (e.g. the DuckDuckGo search engine,  and one of the more private bowers  - e.g. Tor or Brave instead of Google Chrome.)

As for this site, my guess would be they don't allow VPNs,  & they store your IP address. The reason for both being is it helps defend against dodgy characters like White Knights coming back after their perma banned.

Extremely unlikely they'd share the data with anyone else IMO. That's just based on my spider sense that old admin was a decent sort, and that so are the folk he handed over the site to.  Could be wrong.  If you want to be  99.99999%  sure of your anonymity,  you maybe need to invest many hours in learning IT & security, or pay someone to give you advise.

Personally I've not bothered to learn all the details, and if even if I did I'd not  explain it all on a public forum. That sort if info could end up helping trolls & White Knights!

Offline Listerlad2011

Dear David,

There's nothing to worry about, we won't say a word to your wife Susan or your adorable twins.  We'll even keep your dog Rover in the dark (though not as dark as your front garden there at no 45 ;)

Plenty of people here also like browsing hamstefun.org and bottlebuggery.com, there's nothing to be ashamed of !  You might want to cover the camera lens on your computer though as that wallpaper sends our video servers wobbly...

We can see you're off to Antayla next week - have a great time in Turkey and we won't let on to anybody about the incall you have planned for Wednesday night while the twins are in kids club and Susan is at the bingo.

Toodle pip !

May I ask how you know my wife susan!

Offline Home Alone

Hi all,

So recently I have been worried about my online privacy, (do you know Google can track you a cross the internet? Listening in on your conversations ect)

So with much research I decided to use a VPN to hide from advertiser's. However when I came to log into this site, it refused to log me in until I disabled the VPN.

So how much information does this site keep about us? And who do they share the info with?

Well, you were. :rolleyes:

The good news now is that people really are talking about you.  :D

Offline AnthG

A VPN protects a website from knowing your IP address and general location.

It also protects you from your ISP knowing what you are doing or what sites you visit.

So UKP Admins will know your IP address, your general location and your email address you used to sign up with. And that is really it. Regardless of the VPN it will show your operating system (i.e Windows 10, Android 7 etc) and which internet browser you are using. There is nothing that can be done with any of that.

If you are worried about tracking from your ISP then setup DNS Over HTTPS and setup a cookie blocker/manager addon for your browser. Or just use one that has a secure/incognito mode. Or use a secure browser like Brave that blocks all tracking cookies from everywhere.

If you are worried about the Admins doing something with your IP address then go to Asda and buy some tin foil to make yourself a protection hat :)
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline delete

You only have to worry if you do something that attracts the attention or the police or media.

If you do, they will be happy to check your online history.

Everything is recorded for future reference and they can access your pc, laptop or phone whenever they want.

Banned reason: No reviews in 6 years
Banned by: 90125

Offline whoya.kiddin

As I understand it this site keeps a bit of information on your ip address and the devices you use to stop users (touts) running multiple accounts.  That is the reason that VPN's are banned.  I read another user saying that admin had agreed to allow him to use a vpn as he was accessing from abroad in a location where his privacy was compromised (not sure if this was old or new admin). 

I think you have to take a view.  If I were someone the media might be interested in - member of the royal family, politician, dignitary - I might be a bit wary about accessing this site and certainly careful about giving any indication of who I was.  But, as Jo Nobody, really no one is fucking interested and inadvertently leaving your laptop on with the page open is by-far your biggest risk of being rumbled.

Offline threechilliman

Search SexySuetheSlapper on AW. Plenty of reviews on here too. She's not a bad shag is your Mrs and bloody filthy to boot!

Offline Sibiu

"May I ask how you know my wife susan!"

Carnally.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I think you mean "How do we know your wife....."   :)

Offline cueball

She's had a name change since I last slipped her a length....
And moved to Wales, less competition in Wales.... Most of the Welsh lasses have 4 legs and wooly backs.

Aaahh.... Waleshire... Englands sheep farm  :lol: :bomb:

Offline danny#3

Many of us know your wife my friend, a fine lady. Enjoy.

Offline Home Alone

And moved to Wales, less competition in Wales.... Most of the Welsh lasses have 4 legs and wooly backs.

Aaahh.... Waleshire... Englands sheep farm  :lol: :bomb:

Neigh; surely not?

I'll get me coat! Taxi for H.A!

Offline hungrypunt

Neigh; surely not?

I'll get me coat! Taxi for H.A!
Hang on ? horse ?
dont sheep baaaaaaa
H A ?

what you been doing man :)

Offline Home Alone

Hang on ? horse ?
dont sheep baaaaaaa
H A ?

what you been doing man :)

Going baah-my, hungry punt!

I've not slept a wink all night - don't know why; it isn't as if I had a punt lined up any time soon! [The usual cause of my inability to sleep.] And instead of counting sheep ;), I keep visiting here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:42:44 am by Home Alone »

Offline Sheraton

Is there a suggested browser one can use to gain some form of anonymity ?

Offline AnthG

Offline Sheraton

Offline mr mischief

:angelgirl:
Hi all,

I was caught with my trousers down in the Ashley Madison data hack back in 2015

My username, date of birth and postcode and coordinates are for all to see if you wish to download the data from the dark web. Members  in the UK were extreemly lucky as our full names and full addresses  seemed to be excluded, this was probably due to some EU data laws. The members in the USA and other countries were not so lucky.

I found my data amongst the masses of info, and found the coordinates that the Ashely Madison website had logged for me, I typed the coordinates into google maps and not only did the crosshairs land on my house they actually focused on the part of the large kitchen extension that i usually sat at when using my laptop.

so in response to your question, in my opinion - you have no anonymity

Offline mr mischief

apologies, that should have been in my own post  :wackogirl:

My username, date of birth and postcode and coordinates are for all to see if you wish to download the data from the dark web. Members  in the UK were extreemly lucky as our full names and full addresses  seemed to be excluded, this was probably due to some EU data laws. The members in the USA and other countries were not so lucky.

I found my data amongst the masses of info, and found the coordinates that the Ashely Madison website had logged for me, I typed the coordinates into google maps and not only did the crosshairs land on my house they actually focused on the part of the large kitchen extension that i usually sat at when using my laptop.

Offline AnthG

The guy has literally not been back since he started this topic. Why do people do that, when I start a topic, I am curious of what responses I receive. It's just a natural ingrained part of people to be curious. I thought at least. But not for some people.

Offline samsmith_1231

Holy shit. Makes me think of the same can done on adult work and on here?
Banned reason: Piss taking troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline NotATrumpFan

That is almost certainly coincidence.  Most location tracking is done via GeoIP which will narrow you down to a postcode at best.  If your house just happens to be dead center in that post code then you end up with that kind of thing happening.  But that said, most GeoIP stuff only locates to the nearest phone exchange so its even less accurate. Through work, my location can show up as anywhere from bristol to london, due to the way the ISP handles GeoIP resolution.

They could only get your exact GPS location if you visited the site on a mobile device and shared your GPS location with the site/app.

Offline hungrypunt

That is almost certainly coincidence.  Most location tracking is done via GeoIP which will narrow you down to a postcode at best.  If your house just happens to be dead center in that post code then you end up with that kind of thing happening.  But that said, most GeoIP stuff only locates to the nearest phone exchange so its even less accurate. Through work, my location can show up as anywhere from bristol to london, due to the way the ISP handles GeoIP resolution.

They could only get your exact GPS location if you visited the site on a mobile device and shared your GPS location with the site/app.

Have you seen "what 3 words app" Im not saying this was done with his encounter as this is a phone app for emergencies, but that fkn thing monitors you down to the nearest 3m x 3m sqaure
crazy what we can do now via  a phone

Offline Steve2

Have you seen "what 3 words app" Im not saying this was done with his encounter as this is a phone app for emergencies, but that fkn thing monitors you down to the nearest 3m x 3m sqaure

Just looked HP. Brilliant app. Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Online Lilywhite

• Service Provider
Which IP address is used on this site? I have a '6' and a '4', both with different locations (no idea why- I didn't do this) and on all he home devices it shows as Manchester unless you manually search for your location, then it gives Edinburgh. I think it's something to do with the ISP?

Offline thedaveman83

you are worried about online privacy, yet the screenshot you posted is of an Android device   :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:15:17 am by thedaveman83 »

Offline mh

you are worried about online privacy, yet the screenshot you posted is of an Android device   :thumbsdown:

How sweet of you to think that other phone OS vendors (cough, Apple, cough) will protect you/won't track your every move when they've already been revealed to do just that.

Offline mr mischief

I wouldn’t have imagined my cable internet connection ever went through a telephone exchange, so not sure how they got my exact location.

Coincidence or not, why would a dating site store my supposed coordinates in the first place?  :scare:

Offline tesla

I wouldn’t have imagined my cable internet connection ever went through a telephone exchange, so not sure how they got my exact location.

did you think it was a direct connection to your isp?

it will go to  local joint box on or near your street, then to an exchange then on to a lager hub and so on

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
Google plan to roll out an Ingocnito mode for it's Maps service.

Offline mh

Google plan to roll out an Ingocnito mode for it's Maps service.

Only meaning they won't sell the data to advertisers, not that won't still collect where you've been/been searching!

Offline NotATrumpFan

Yes, its been around for quite a while (although only been heavily marketed lately).  This app uses GPS (as I mentioned in my post) and translates your GPS location into the 3-word code so you can essentially give your GPS details to 1st responders without having to deal with cryptic numbers and formatting.   3-plain-english-words is far easier for most people to deal with and you can easily tell them to someone who can pass on the information, as opposed to trying to remember something like 51.5251362,-0.8554624

But my point is, unless its GPS (or GLONASS, or other positioning system) which you likely wont have on a desktop pc, or laptop, the accuracy is fairly limited.  In the region of about 200m is the best that i have seen, and usually significantly more in most cases, unless your ISP has pinpointed your specific IP address to the GPS location of your conservatory (unlikely).  Its just unlucky that he happened to be sat dead-center of that 200m "approximation".

But more importantly if you are concerned about a random app knowing where you are, I highly reccomend you check out your google location history (if you have an android phone).  If you have it enabled it will be tracking your movement 24x7, and also conveniently logging any where you stop, so that they can advertise to you, or ask for your feedback, based on where you have been.   Big brother really is watching you  :scare:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:16:31 am by NotATrumpFan »

Offline NotATrumpFan

Coincidence or not, why would a dating site store my supposed coordinates in the first place?  :scare:

All ISPs have a "central exchange" even if its not a traditional telephone exchange.  Every link out from there has certain metadata associated with it, but most ISPs just average it out to either a the streets postcode, or even the exchanges, so its never very accurate.  The GeoIP for my current IP for example is reporting almost 10 KM away from me.  External Link/Members Only  If you want to see for yourself.

With regard to storing the data... proximity.   Tinder/Grindr do it too, but they DO use GPS.  So you can search for "singles in my area" within 10 miles, or whatever.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:17:26 am by NotATrumpFan »

Offline NelsonH

There are many sites that will read-back your IP address to you.  They always agree.

But they go on to tell you a location.  They never get mine right.  They never agree with each other. It can be almost anywhere.  There are some favourites and one is about 15 miles away.  But some have me in the Midlands.

So they are presumably guessing based on what they know about the ISP.

The actual IP address changes more or less every time I look. 

I didn't do anything unusual and stuff seems to work OK.

Be interesting for others to try this out.  Just search for "what IP address" and you will find lots of sites to try.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:50:27 am by NelsonH »

Offline Horizontal pleasures

There are many sites that will read-back your IP address to you.  They always agree.

But they go on to tell you a location.  They never get mine right.  They never agree with each other. It can be almost anywhere.  There are some favourites and one is about 15 miles away.  But some have me in the Midlands.

So they are presumably guessing based on what they know about the ISP.

The actual IP address changes more or less every time I look. 

I didn't do anything unusual and stuff seems to work OK.

Be interesting for others to try this out.  Just search for "what IP address" and you will find lots of sites to try.
surely you are in the middle of Trafalgar Square? Is there any signal up there?

Offline mr mischief

All ISPs have a "central exchange" even if its not a traditional telephone exchange.  Every link out from there has certain metadata associated with it, but most ISPs just average it out to either a the streets postcode, or even the exchanges, so its never very accurate.  The GeoIP for my current IP for example is reporting almost 10 KM away from me.  External Link/Members Only  If you want to see for yourself.

With regard to storing the data... proximity.   Tinder/Grindr do it too, but they DO use GPS.  So you can search for "singles in my area" within 10 miles, or whatever.

I just tried that link, and again a perfect hit on my current house, which is a different house to the one I was referring to in my earlier post.

I have FTP internet could that be the cause of the accurate location pinpointing or maybe because this laptop and other devices are signed into iCloud ? As you can probably tell, I am no telecoms engineer or have any expireicnce in how this stuff works  :hi: