Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Notices?  (Read 12648 times)

Offline smiths

Has "MOVE Topic" now been restricted to selected members only?

I could have sworn it was there previously??

I can still see it CT at the bottom of a thread on the left.

Offline pumps

Ditto

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

Yes, I also noticed that you did move a thread to a different location few days ago. When I'm logged in the only option I get at bottom of LHS is to "Change Topic Subject". Oh well...

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Nothings changed.
Is the button missing?

Sorry, I jumped straight to Page 3. See my reply above...

Online Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Yes, I also noticed that you did move a thread to a different location few days ago. When I'm logged in the only option I get at bottom of LHS is to "Change Topic Subject". Oh well...
I didn't notice it at the bottom it's a really small button below everything else.

hange Topic Subject
Reason:  New subject:   
BOOKMARK
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
UK Punting » Discussions » UK Punting » Notices?
MOVE TOPIC

Offline Steely Dan

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=131305.0
Gents: please don't double index.  Unless it is a duo.  Almost all of the lists on the wiki add up the reviews of both profiles.  So if she keeps getting her positives on both profiles, the lists show extra positives (or negatives).  Yes this can be fixed manually, but that is a pest.  (This hot lady has 3 positives not 4)

Offline The_Don

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=131305.0
Gents: please don't double index.  Unless it is a duo.  Almost all of the lists on the wiki add up the reviews of both profiles.  So if she keeps getting her positives on both profiles, the lists show extra positives (or negatives).  Yes this can be fixed manually, but that is a pest.  (This hot lady has 3 positives not 4)

ok, noted.

OldAdmin

Bit odd because your account is showing as having the ability to move threads. The button is on bottom right.

Hidden Image/Members Only

In general I intend to give more members the new permissions rather than reducing the number. I think the risk of someone abusing the facilities is very low given all changes get logged.

Apart from post editing, I have other ideas of expanding what can be done in the hope I can push more moderation work on to you chaps, as I'm bit exhausted dealing with so many sites everyday. There have been instances in the past weeks where I've temporarily disabled registration on both UKP and UKE, which I'd never thought would happen.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Bit odd because your account is showing as having the ability to move threads. The button is on bottom right.

In general I intend to give more members the new permissions rather than reducing the number. I think the risk of someone abusing the facilities is very low given all changes get logged.

Apart from post editing, I have other ideas of expanding what can be done in the hope I can push more moderation work on to you chaps, as I'm bit exhausted dealing with so many sites everyday. There have been instances in the past weeks where I've temporarily disabled registration on both UKP and UKE, which I'd never thought would happen.

Found it, it's there now  :dash:

Somehow it wasn't there before.

Offline Steely Dan

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=131429.0

Admin advice please.  This is clearly touting. I reported it. Suggested it be deleted, not just moved to London discussion.  But I note that  it looks like we have the ability to move things to deleted files.  Are you Ok us doing so?  If so I would suggest that we have at least two agree - i.e. one member reports, and another member (if he agrees) can move to deleted files.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Further to SD's comment above, would it be worth while showing WHICH member moved the topic to a different region at the bottom of the specific thread, rather than having to look in "Notices"?

Just a thought.

Offline stevedave

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=131429.0

Admin advice please.  This is clearly touting. I reported it. Suggested it be deleted, not just moved to London discussion.  But I note that  it looks like we have the ability to move things to deleted files.  Are you Ok us doing so?  If so I would suggest that we have at least two agree - i.e. one member reports, and another member (if he agrees) can move to deleted files.

I've been wandering about this too. Obviously nothing would be moved to deleted items unless reported (duplicate posts etc), anything more unsavory would be left to admin to make the decision.

Offline SamLP

I've been wandering about this too. Obviously nothing would be moved to deleted items unless reported (duplicate posts etc), anything more unsavory would be left to admin to make the decision.

I think that post was such an obvious tout that I moved it to the deleted folder. The option is there, so I guess admin is happy for us to move things over there. The OP had already been reported (and subsequently banned). If there was some ambiguity then I would just report and let admin make a decision, but in this instance I believe the touting was very obvious.

Offline Steely Dan

I think that post was such an obvious tout that I moved it to the deleted folder. The option is there, so I guess admin is happy for us to move things over there. The OP had already been reported (and subsequently banned). If there was some ambiguity then I would just report and let admin make a decision, but in this instance I believe the touting was very obvious.
Thanks for letting us know we can delete, Sam.  Suggest as rule of self-police, that we make sure 2 of us agree.  So no matter how obvious, the first reports. The next deletes.  If you see a crap post, just look in reports, it will probably be there.  I bet we still have the crap gone within a few minutes.

Online Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I don't have access to deleted post or reported posts, but will just continue with the basic moves and leave those decisions to you I will become more active in reporting posts as I see them l, so one of you can make the decision to move it to deleted if required.

OldAdmin

I've restricted the ability to move to Deleted Posts section. Post deletion is a moderation decision and that's not intended purpose of the new permissions. Maybe something for future, but not right now.

Offline SamLP

Thanks for letting us know we can delete, Sam.  Suggest as rule of self-police, that we make sure 2 of us agree.  So no matter how obvious, the first reports. The next deletes.  If you see a crap post, just look in reports, it will probably be there.  I bet we still have the crap gone within a few minutes.
That's a good point, maybe one for the future as admin has now clarified that it's a moderation decision, so for the moment it's best to follow the previous system of reporting it so admin can look into it and make a decision.

Offline SamLP

I've restricted the ability to move to Deleted Posts section. Post deletion is a moderation decision and that's not intended purpose of the new permissions. Maybe something for future, but not right now.
I've checked, and the option to move posts to the deleted section is still available. Do you mean it's there but we shouldn't use it for the time being?

OldAdmin

It'll still list it in the drop-down menu, but when actually submitting the form it'll return an error message and not move it.

James999

Would it be a good idea to be able to move posts to a sort of "sandbox" i..e. not totally delete them but remove them from the forum till you are on line so you can either delete or reinstate, but with you making it clear that this should only be used in exceptional circumstances not for minor instances, it's just that some things may appear at a certain time of day and stay on the forum for perhaps longer than you would like before you come online  :unknown:

TheNewSeeker

It's amazing how many reviewers forget to put the location in the title of the review.

This is my biggest bugbear, followed by 'best girl ever' type comments, as SD said.

OldAdmin

Would it be a good idea to be able to move posts to a sort of "sandbox" i..e. not totally delete them but remove them from the forum till you are on line so you can either delete or reinstate, but with you making it clear that this should only be used in exceptional circumstances not for minor instances, it's just that some things may appear at a certain time of day and stay on the forum for perhaps longer than you would like before you come online  :unknown:

I've already done such a system (temporarily hiding a post or thread), along with emergency option of temporarily freezing an account (to stop further posts but still let them browse the site), but thought best to wait to see how the existing features of topic changing and review indexing work out before offering that.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

I've already done such a system (temporarily hiding a post or thread), along with emergency option of temporarily freezing an account (to stop further posts but still let them browse the site), but thought best to wait to see how the existing features of topic changing and review indexing work out before offering that.

Good idea James.

I would regard post which contain Real life personal details, full address of a flat, facebook profiles, even photos of a child (I reported one a few days ago) as falling in this category.

These posts could be stopped from being exposed even for a few hours longer, until Admin makes his decision.

OldAdmin

Be VERY careful if someone asks for their negative review to be changed to different rating, because it could be a case of them being threatened / intimidated into changing it.
In fact such negative rating changes should be reported so I and others see it.

Offline SamLP

Be VERY careful if someone asks for their negative review to be changed to different rating, because it could be a case of them being threatened / intimidated into changing it.
:thumbsup:

Offline Mansell

Thanks, could well be. So ok for us to change a review in the positive to negative but not the other way.

Offline cueball

Yes, I understand what you're saying.  :thumbsup:

I'd say "downgrading" is much more transparent than "upgrading"