Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Finding extra income for punting?  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Stiltskin

Ramrodronnie, if you have a system and only use that system then surely you would always beat the bookie?

ramrodronnie

Ramrodronnie, if you have a system and only use that system then surely you would always beat the bookie?

I don't bet often enough to be in front of the bookies Stiltskin. I haven't been using the system that I have recommended to the guy that I was having a disagreement with for very long.

But when I have used it I have come away winning. As I say I don't bet very often, mainly due to the many bad mistakes that I have learned from when I was young.

DannyJames

because they believe the post you made.

A post that I made? I think you need to zip back to the OP who actually did start this post. Something else you've got wrong DannyJames.  :lol:

Oh come on, now you definitely are trolling. The post I am referring to, as everyone knows but you, is the one you initially made about laying favourites.

Making such a claim was at best misinformed and at worst malicious. I'm sure it was the former, but people needed to hear the maths. I'm sorry to have bruised your ego but not challenging a post that could end up costing punters money was important.

Just chill, mate.

Offline od13218

In the main you are absolutely correct od13218. I'm only a small time gambler. I have learned over many years how to bet responsibly, and how not to bet irresponsibly. I have learned some very hard lessons through irresponsible betting. I now only have small bets as a hobby, so know when to quit.

But there are many gamblers out there who keep chasing when they're losing, and end up losing much more, as I used to when I was young. Thought I could make myself a fortune! In hindsight, back then I was deluded.
I was young, and yes you could say stupid. But as I say, I have learned through bad mistakes in the past.

I'm not going to say that I'm ahead of the bookie, as I would be lying. But what I will say is, the bookie doesn't make very much from me anymore. There have been quite a few occasions where I have won enough money to pay for a punt or two. I can honestly say that betting has never taken enough money from me to prevent me from punting.  :hi:

I suppose to be fair yes of course- if you know when to quit and do so, if you enjoy it and don't believe it's going to make you rich, why not? It's the folk who think they are going to strike it rich one day that need a reality check- and to think of it as a way to make money for punting, as some seem to, is doubly deluded!

ramrodronnie

Oh come on, now you definitely are trolling. The post I am referring to, as everyone knows but you, is the one you initially made about laying favourites.

Making such a claim was at best misinformed and at worst malicious. I'm sure it was the former, but people needed to hear the maths. I'm sorry to have bruised your ego but not challenging a post that could end up costing punters money was important.

Just chill, mate.

I'm quite chilled thank you DannyJames. You really don't have a clue do you mate? As I explained to you earlier in this thread, carry on your merry way, you will learn the hard way, just the way that I did.

DannyJames

I'm quite chilled thank you DannyJames. You really don't have a clue do you mate? As I explained to you earlier in this thread, carry on your merry way, you will learn the hard way, just the way that I did.

I haven't claimed to be trying any other betting system.

I challenged you on your 70/30 nonsense in order to protect fellow UKP members and you threw your toys out of the pram. You won't acknowledge the maths because, I suspect, you haven't a clue what I'm on about. It's either this or you actually do now understand it and won't admit to it because a climb down would be embarrassing for you.

You have had your pants pulled down and have compounded this by attempting to smear me as well as ignoring all the evidence presented to you. Pretty pathetic and everyone can see that.

Anyway, I will bow out of this thread now because I've done my bit to protect UKP members. Unlike you, I won't return to it to post and I fully expect to see a follow-up from you because having the last words is what counts as a victory, right? Christ on a bike, this is the internet.  :crazy:

Offline HippyCrack

I've never gambled on the horses so I've probably got this all wrong. But I can't see how gambling for the favourite to lose would make you money in the long run because the return on your winnings would be so small compared to the outlay - due to the odds on the favourite not winning being a lot less because it was more likely to happen.

For example

You put £10 on at 1/3 for the favourite to lose and it does so you get £3.33 (and your stake back)

You do this for 10 races and 7 win so you'd get 7 x £3.33 = £23.31 but you'd have lost 3 x £10 = £30 so you'd be -£6.69

newforthisyear

Freelance SEO services for local companies brings in the beer money for me!

Spanky_bum_time

I've never gambled on the horses so I've probably got this all wrong. But I can't see how gambling for the favourite to lose would make you money in the long run because the return on your winnings would be so small compared to the outlay - due to the odds on the favourite not winning being a lot less because it was more likely to happen.

For example

You put £10 on at 1/3 for the favourite to lose and it does so you get £3.33 (and your stake back)

You do this for 10 races and 7 win so you'd get 7 x £3.33 = £23.31 but you'd have lost 3 x £10 = £30 so you'd be -£6.69

If the favourite is 1/3 and you risk £10 and it loses then you win £30

If the favourite is 3/1 and you risk £10 and it loses then you win £3.33

Winnings would be subject to commission deductions.

I don't gamble anymore except for playing the Irish lottery, I have however made a few changes that have improved my health and punting pot!.. At work I used to spend £3.30 a day on energy drinks, that's £16.50 a week, £66 every 4 weeks.. I now just take a bottle of water to work and refill it at water fountains, £60 gets me a half hour incall 😉  And that is just 1 small change I have recently made which has freed up cash to punt  :drinks: