Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Post Forum issues here  (Read 106374 times)

Offline Malvolio

If I'm browsing the site for a couple of hours, I'll almost certainly get a 502 - bad gateway error at some point when clicking on a new topic or loading a new page of a thread.  It tends to last for about 20 seconds, and then the site starts working again.

Not sure if this is down to me using Firefox or a known issue?

Offline myothernameis

Think it was said, this error was down to photo uploads, ect

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
If I'm browsing the site for a couple of hours, I'll almost certainly get a 502 - bad gateway error at some point when clicking on a new topic or loading a new page of a thread.  It tends to last for about 20 seconds, and then the site starts working again.

It is a known issue and this is in process of being addressed.

Offline PatMacGroin

Now that bugs are being fixed and new features added. Would it be possible to look at:

• Making the AW review count match with the current database, i.e. when you reference an AW profile, the link that is added beneath the post currently doesn't take into account all reviews

Thanks 👍

This will be sorted soon

I'm glad to hear you have some extra help with those issues.

I am a little concerned about how your new Development team member will approach the tangled issue of correcting the review counts recorded against AW profile numbers. Particularly when it comes to how to treat referencing and totalling reviews for WG's that have had a history of multiple AW profiles (or for example have been tagged with multiple other WG's for a Duo or Trio review).

Before this thread was edited for easy reference purposes, it included conversations with multiple ideas about the way the count could be recorded accurately.

It is my feeling that if the historical content tracking the movement of good, bad or indifferent WG's was somehow lost. Particularly due to Development changes to the background coding. That would be very bad news for all UKP members. And would potentially be devastating for the usefulness of UKP going forward.

So here's to hoping you have found an extremely safe pair of hands to do the job.  :drinks: :hi:

Offline PatMacGroin

Actually, I just searched my posting history, and found this previous comment I made about making background development changes onto a bit of software. It was actually in another thread discussing the roles of Forum Helpers:

Coders/Developers can be a funny lot. Almost as bad as mechanics sucking the air over their teeth as some sort of universal signal meaning:
"This will take forever and cost you as much as I can get out of you"
in response to your exasperated exclamation of:
"I don't know what's wrong with it, it it's not working. You're the mechanic. It's your job to find out what's wrong, and fix it."

With developers it's usually best to have a clear idea of how you want something to work, and what you want it to look like in the end, before you get started. Providing them with clear specification documents stating user requirements and acceptance criteria. Even mocking up a process flow diagram explaining exactly how the procedure should work. Otherwise you can go round and round in circles for a long time.

The difference between a Car Mechanic and a Developer, is that if we don't know what it's supposed to do, then the developer wont know either.

If the current management team have forgotten this discussion they may want to look back through the comments made in the thread. All sorts of conflicting idea's about how the Review count should work. It could definitely become a messy can of worms to open if a process flow plan has not been agreed before the development work takes place. And as always, don't forget to take repeated backup's, and keep two copies of them! It's amazing how often back-ups get corrupted during a restore attempt.

Offline Chorley

Can anyone explain why this site has so many of these 502 error messages? I've never known any other site I'm a member of be affected as much as here?  :unknown:

Offline Xtro

Can anyone explain why this site has so many of these 502 error messages? I've never known any other site I'm a member of be affected as much as here?  :unknown:

Maybe the huge influx of new membership is putting a strain on the UKP servers.
The 502 error doesn't really tell anyone much as to the exact issue.

It's like knowing that your combi boiler is losing water pressure, pointing to a leak but not knowing where the leak is.

Online Doc Holliday

Read 3 posts before your post  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Read 3 posts before your post  :hi:
He started a new thread on the main discussion board and I merged it with this one where the answer is.    :hi:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:15:18 pm by daviemac »

Offline Liverpool

Have the rules on avatars been relaxed? I've seen a couple recently of artistic nude and also topless women avatars.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
  • Reviews: 0
No, it hasn't. Report any to a mod   :thumbsup:

Offline Davey Dykes

I'm getting a cam site pop up when visiting here now after the live sex banner thing has been added, not impressed. Yes, I have seen the relevant thread but would prefer to raise it on this one instead.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
If you are logged in as a member you will not see it. If you are a non-member it will "pop-under" once

Offline HS4000Kestral

Not so much a bug but a suggestion - on the forum posts and reviews a comment shows the date and time of the last post, however for reviews it's more relevant of the date and time of the original post - some reviews get resurrected or have loads of comments so you don't really know how current they are - as I said just a suggestion that sprang to mind - feel free to ignore!

Offline kuck

Not so much a bug but a suggestion - on the forum posts and reviews a comment shows the date and time of the last post, however for reviews it's more relevant of the date and time of the original post - some reviews get resurrected or have loads of comments so you don't really know how current they are - as I said just a suggestion that sprang to mind - feel free to ignore!

+1

Offline Yakata

Hi, if I try to log in on the Samsung browser it comes up with a 'java script must be enabled' message. I've checked my setting and it is enabled.

I don't have an issue logging in with chrome. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Offline Pennine Rover

I was about to post on my regional page but don't see the "new topic" button. Have I missed something?

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
I was about to post on my regional page but don't see the "new topic" button. Have I missed something?

I can see the "New Topic" button.

Offline Pennine Rover

Yes, I have it on this page but not on regional ones.

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
Yes, I have it on this page but not on regional ones.

Yes I read your OP and went to the regional page, I could see it there.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:02:59 am by Strawberry »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Is it only the NW region it's missing from or is it missing from the forum issues thread as well.  :unknown:

Online scutty brown

Offline expeller

Will the new registration fee mean fewer new people will join.

Here is what it now says if a person wants to register for UKP:-

Registration Agreement
Account activation is required after registration and is subject to a £20 fee payable by Bitcoin (BTC) or  Bitcoin Cash (BCH)  .

Offline houseboot

Will the new registration fee mean fewer new people will join.

Here is what it now says if a person wants to register for UKP:-

Registration Agreement
Account activation is required after registration and is subject to a £20 fee payable by Bitcoin (BTC) or  Bitcoin Cash (BCH)  .

Already discussed here:-

www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=289126.msg3165888#msg3165888

Offline smiths

On IE its once again saying certifcate has expired when i try to get to UKP on using it. It says the same on Firefox but lets me accept the risk and i can then get on.

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
On IE its once again saying certifcate has expired when i try to get to UKP on using it. It says the same on Firefox but lets me accept the risk and i can then get on.

Same here I've used another browser to get in, was using Chrome.

Offline kuck

Same here I've used another browser to get in, was using Chrome.

On UKP, type "thisisunsafe" on Chrome and you'll be let in.

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
On UKP, type "thisisunsafe" on Chrome and you'll be let in.

Thank you, will note for next time.

Offline myothernameis

Are there any issue with uploading photos, trying to upload from my hard drive, but photos not showing.   But when I check, and try to quote, can see the text of the photo

Online LLPunting

Are there any issue with uploading photos, trying to upload from my hard drive, but photos not showing.   But when I check, and try to quote, can see the text of the photo

Also just had problem uploading a pic taken from an AW profile.  Tried a couple of times and modifying the post shows the line entry for each attempt to upload the image.  Also tried attaching, which it did but couldn't see a working icon to click and display it.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Also just had problem uploading a pic taken from an AW profile.  Tried a couple of times and modifying the post shows the line entry for each attempt to upload the image.  Also tried attaching, which it did but couldn't see a working icon to click and display it.
Use 'Thumbnail for forums' in External Link/Members Only or similar for now.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner

Online LLPunting

Test post of various pics

Hidden Image/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only nn

Hidden Image/Members Only

OK, looks like a problem with the original download of that SP's pic (marked nn), server perhaps can't cope with a clash between declared file type and the actual file encoding.  The other 2 images were either AW downloads in the same manner that previously worked or a screencap encoded and labelled as a jpg.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:14:53 pm by daviemac »

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
We have upgraded the server ,it has approximately 4 x as much resources / power than the previous server, running superior hardware.
You should notice the difference.

Offline Pennine Rover

I was searching for the forum and it popped up with a pirate version dated May 6th and the message to not post here? What's that about?
While I can start a new thread on the main page, the "New Thread" button is not showing on the regional or review pages so I can't post there.  I've tried logging in from two different browsers. Anyone else got the same problem?

Online scutty brown

I was searching for the forum and it popped up with a pirate version dated May 6th and the message to not post here? What's that about?
While I can start a new thread on the main page, the "New Thread" button is not showing on the regional or review pages so I can't post there.  I've tried logging in from two different browsers. Anyone else got the same problem?

Working OK for me
What's the URL of the faked site?

Online LLPunting

We have upgraded the server ,it has approximately 4 x as much resources / power than the previous server, running superior hardware.
You should notice the difference.

Top-tastic!   :drinks:

Will that resolved the seemingly daily service outage at around 4.30am?

Online LLPunting

Thanks for the warning.  :drinks:

Sadly congrats on giving your login and password to some unknown.  I hope you've already changed your password here to something completely undiscernible from the previous one?
Beware any future comms attempting to blackmail you about your hobby.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
Top-tastic!   :drinks:

Will that resolved the seemingly daily service outage at around 4.30am?

That should be daily back up
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:04:10 pm by Head1 »

Offline bedhedred

I was trying to upload a gif yesterday and the upload failed. I can't see why. 3.5mb nothing unusual about it.

Offline Pennine Rover

Thanks for the warning.  :drinks:

Sadly congrats on giving your login and password to some unknown.  I hope you've already changed your password here to something completely undiscernible from the previous one?
Beware any future comms attempting to blackmail you about your hobby.

You picked that up wrong.  I did not try and log in to the "pirate" version.  Since the last update of UKP  the "new thread" button does not appear on the regional or review pages but only on the main page.

Offline Looney_pantz

I posted a review back in March but would like to delete it but can't figure out how to do it.
How do I delete it?  Could a moderator delete it for me?

The review is:  London / Re: JennyRossi99 - (Outcall) « on: March 06, 2021, 09:29:34 pm »

Thanks,

Looney_pantz

Online scutty brown

I posted a review back in March but would like to delete it but can't figure out how to do it.

The review is:  London / Re: JennyRossi99 - (Outcall) « on: March 06, 2021, 09:29:34 pm »

Thanks,

Looney_pantz

Read the rules.
Reviews don't get deleted

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

Thanks,

Looney_pantz

Per Site Rules

10 Review deletion
Not possible, as the notice on the review creation page made clear.

As pointed out by Scutty above, this is not possible.

Online LLPunting

Thanks,

Looney_pantz

What has changed your mind about publishing your encounter and what happened in it?

Offline cactus1454

Can anyone help please. A member recently sent me a pm. When I try to reply it says I haven't typed the verification correctly . No matter how many times I try it still bounces back with the same message. Thank you

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Can anyone help please. A member recently sent me a pm. When I try to reply it says I haven't typed the verification correctly . No matter how many times I try it still bounces back with the same message. Thank you
I've merged this with the forum issues thread. I'm not sure what message it is you are getting.