Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "Sex demons really exist" (campaign??)  (Read 1008 times)

Offline FCB

Noticed this "Sex Demons Really exist" "Discovering Sex Demons" "Sapphic Whore"  bus stop advertising in a few North London bus stops, they all have hashtags like...
#wewalkamongyou
#sexworkiswork

Seems some sort of campaign or something (??) by Service providers to change perceptions of sex work (??)

Hidden Image/Members OnlyHidden Image/Members Only

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:10:48 pm by FCB »

Offline A Decent Fist

Apparently, Tuesday was International Sex Worker Rights Day and the whole thing is aimed at decriminalisation. I'm pleasantly surprised that those ads were allowed on bus stops (presuming they weren't just fly-posted).

Of course the simple act of selling sex is not illegal in the UK but there are lots of other stupid little prohibitions that could be swept away. Sadly, in the current climate that's only likely to happen if they adopt the draconian "Swedish model" (like Northern Ireland, Norway, Iceland and France) and criminalise us punters instead.

External Link/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline FCB

. I'm pleasantly surprised that those ads were allowed on bus stops (presuming they weren't just fly-posted).

Yes they were proper bus stop ads (not fly posted)

The last one of the photos I posted earlier is in a bus stop on Monument way N17 just before junction with Park View road.

And the rest of the photos I took them from the bus stops on Tottenham High Rd on the stretch From the junction with Town Hall Approach to junction High rd with Philip Lane
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:18:45 am by FCB »

Offline Steely Dan

Thanks for sharing.

Some un proven statements here.  Not sure they help. 
'Prostitution is increasing because of austerity'.  Maybe.  But Correlation is not Causation.  And anyway, where is the evidence it is increasing?  AW seems pretty stable in population. (or getting worse).

I think this sort of 'factoid' hurts the case for normalisation anyway.  It suggests they are not sex workers just because they want to be, but because they sort of have to be.

Offline haggismccormick

I think this sort of 'factoid' hurts the case for normalisation anyway.  It suggests they are not sex workers just because they want to be, but because they sort of have to be.
[/quote]

My job is highly respectable and quite well paid and enjoyable but I don't do it because I want to. I do it because I have to. If (sorry, I mean when) I win the lottery I will immediately stop working. Just as (almost) any WG/SW.

Offline Gordon Bennett

It's probably national Sausage day today - I can't be bothered checking. Every day is national something or other.... I keep meaning to dig in and find out who decides these things but I'm too lazy. I suppose advertising agencies and/or students are at the root of most of it.