Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Seeking and WhatsApp  (Read 1656 times)

Offline McPopman

I recently signed up to Seeking. So earlier tonight I got a message on Seeking from a random person. A couple of messages were exchanged. Then the contact suggested taking the conversation to WhatsApp. So I gave my contact number for them to add me. Big mistake. The new contact asked me to be generous. After I refused they sent me a screenshot of all my Facebook contacts that have my surname. And they said that they would make my life a misery by sharing my Seeking profile info to all on the list. It was a real eye opener what they managed to do by me giving out my number to add me on WhatsApp.

Online Interestingchat

Yeah, better to have a separate number, and check the box on all your social media that makes your number private. Do you still have access to their profile so you can share it and we can then block her.

And it happened to me once. Spoke to the police and I blocked them - nothing further happened.

Offline TommyMoundfrigger

How many times?

Get_a_punting_phone!

Online ik8133

Do you have your name set up on your WhatsApp account, if so, this is where she probably got your name from and therefore able to see you on Facebook.  I've been caught out this way, now use a a double sim phone and different WhatsApp accounts for each sim. 

Offline wirehair

Sounds like the MO of the one that got caught blackmailing the same way and did time for it.

Offline longjohn63

Sounds very similar to something that happened to me. (I posted about it on the Seeking thread.) Nothing happened, but I was cacking it for a while, and if I ever go back to Seeking I'll certainly be using a separate phone.

Offline john1960

i use my second sim for seeking....its the only thing i use the number for, so i cant be traced by scammers..

Offline McPopman

I had been talking to another member on Seeking for a few days. This one seemed genuine. Until she asked me for money. This was earlier on the same evening that the random member messaged me. I’m pretty sure that they were connected. Or the same person. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to out the profiles in this thread. But if anyone wants to message me I will pass on the info. The second profile was deleted right away. But the first one is still there.

Offline FBman78

Use a punting SIM.
Ignore the blackmailer.
Set your privacy settings on all social media to the max.
Post on Facebook someone has hacked your account.