Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Virtual phone number?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline vernon

I've searched for this several times and always came up short.

What I mean here is a virtual mobile phone number that's accessed entirely through the internet, so one can receive text messages and calls without having a 2nd phone. You could then manage it all from a private browser window, on phone or desktop.

These are a few services that I can find right now, but they all seem a bit dodgy or made for businesses:

External Link/Members Only

Of these, the first is the only one that looks interesting.

Anyone ever tried it?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

Offline vernon

Try CloudSim
I saw others mentioning it, but as far as I understand it has to be downloaded and there's no way to use it from their website?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
I saw others mentioning it, but as far as I understand it has to be downloaded and there's no way to use it from their website?

Yes it’s an app, I used it on my iPhone for a couple of weeks, whilst I was waiting for another SIM for my work phone from my provider. I would say it’s fit for purpose and definitely worth considering.

Online southcoastpunter

also look back on the many SIM and phone threads that there have been - all options have been included in the chats.

Offline jimbobted

I have a punting phone with WhatsApp that I can use through the web browser on my real phone (thanks to another punter who told me how to do this). Punting phone stays hidden and doesn't even need to be turned on to send and receive WhatsApp messages. Can't make calls though.

Online shed

I use a Xiaomi dual SIM phone. My private number is on one SIM and a cheap PAYG on the other which I top up when necessary with cash purchase voucher. This SIM I replace monthly and destroy the original. Works for me

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 08:01:25 pm by shed »

Offline maxxblue

I use a Xiaomi dual SIM phone. My private number is on one SIM and a cheap PAYG on the other which I top up when necessary with cash purchase voucher. This SIM I replace monthly and destroy the original. Works for me

Why do you destroy your SIM every month?  :unknown:

Offline webpunter

Indeed
Counter-productive on the basis of repeat sessions with an existing SP
It looks iffy when SPs change their mobile
For a punter not the best either
& lots of hassle

Shed, i wanna try & help
Rather than be hyper concerned over a PAYG paid for in cash, enuf to renew monthly etc, might be better to change other things
Like not turning up to a punt in full ManU kit, shirts shorts socks & tracksuit
Edit:  nearly forgot, & shin pads
 ;)

Offline vernon

I have a punting phone with WhatsApp that I can use through the web browser on my real phone (thanks to another punter who told me how to do this). Punting phone stays hidden and doesn't even need to be turned on to send and receive WhatsApp messages. Can't make calls though.
That is a very good idea

Online southcoastpunter

can you please tell us (for those that might be interested) how to do it or point us in the direction of where this was posted?

cheers

Offline 801

This is what I use: External Link/Members Only

Versace,  this is brilliant! Thank you for putting the link up , I've had a play about with this and it works really well and completely free . No messing with new Sims or anything
 :cool:

Online versace

Versace,  this is brilliant! Thank you for putting the link up , I've had a play about with this and it works really well and completely free . No messing with new Sims or anything
 :cool:

:hi:

Online shed

Personal choice for anonymity and privacy. No hassle for me as I have separate means of contacting regulars.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:26:00 pm by shed »

Offline jimbobted

can you please tell us (for those that might be interested) how to do it or point us in the direction of where this was posted?

cheers
Go to web.whatsapp.com on your laptop or whatever (if on a phone or other small screen device force the browser to display the desktop site). Scan the QR code with your punting phone WhatsApp app (tap "Linked devices" in the menu) and scan the QR code. Voila.
I don't use it on my laptop as there's a chance wifey would stumble across it in the browser history. I regard it as safe on my civvie mobile as even if you go to the page via browser history, it just displays the generic WhatsApp web site until you force the browser to use the desktop site, and I don't think Mrs jbt would think to do that.