Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Things you think are over rated  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hmmm so been thinking about this for a while how some things seem to gain popularity yet i'm left simply feeling underwhelmed about the whole thing.
A lot of it is probably down to a triumph of marketing and then people jump on board once the herding instinct kicks in and they don't want to be the odd one out so join in

So what (apart from this thread  :rolleyes:) do people just don't "Get" and think is over rated  :unknown:

I'll start with a couple of American alcohol products that have relied on good marketing -
Jack Daniels  :vomit: The marketing makes it look cool, so cool in fact that it only needs to be referred to as "Jack" or "JD" and everyone knows what you are talking about.
Often referred to as Whiskey but it's Bourbon and basically a low grade spirit that's only distilled once whereas Scotch whisky is distilled twice and Irish 3 times giving it a much smoother and refined taste  :drinks:

Such is the cool status and kudos of this fucking muck that it's openly endorsed by pop stars / bands where the image of some rocker holding or drinking from a bottle of this stuff makes it into their video and it's even included in the lyrics thus making sure the hard of thinking fans go out and buy some  :thumbsdown:

Secondly it's got to be the beer for people that don't actually like beer, yep it Budweiser or for all the people who want to try and sound cool "Bud".  :dash:
King of beers my arse, in fact I wouldn't wash my arse with this shit  :diablo:
Another one that's become popular not due to the product but due to the marketing and the IQ of the target market being below average  :sarcastic:

I've probably insulted 90% of the population already with just 2 products so it's over to you guys to find the other 10%  :hi:

Offline conrod

Agree with you regarding beer.  The best (or maybe worst) example I can give is Becks.  At one time, they made a point that it was also brewed and bottled in Germany. It was OK.  Today it is brewed in UK and it is horrendous.  All marketing bullshit and crap taste. 

Offline Blackpool Rock

Agree with you regarding beer.  The best (or maybe worst) example I can give is Becks.  At one time, they made a point that it was also brewed and bottled in Germany. It was OK.  Today it is brewed in UK and it is horrendous.  All marketing bullshit and crap taste.
It's a general problem with beer these days in that most of it is brewed in one of the massive factory breweries and it's just not as good as say 20 years ago when it was imported.

I used to buy Stella when it was 5.2% but some bloke I worked with did a European booze run every month and would come back loaded up with the stuff but proper Belgian brewed Stella which was far better to taste, don't touch it now on principle since it went to 4.8%  :thumbsdown:

A lot of the other beers like Heineken used to be good when brewed in Holland but it's shit UK brewed now apparently and even Staropramen isn't the same, seems like they get an import then build the market and once they have you gripped and volumes shoot up they move production to the UK and fuck it up

Not tried it but apparently Veltins is one of only a few still brewed abroad that's still good on draught  :drinks:

Offline Ghost89

I love threads like this! A chance to vent!

I think The Beatles were overrated for my first point.
The Godfather is regularly regarded as one of the best movies ever made. It isn’t. It’s just ok.
Ursula Andress emerging from the sea in Dr No is highly regarded as a real sexy moment. Meh.

There will be more I’ll add!

Offline webpunter

Whispering Angel
I will drink supa chilled rose in the summer, especially when sitting outside & its hoot
It is nice
Worth £20 a bottle, ummmm ?
& thats from a shop £40 ish when out & about WTF

Offline Pillowtalk

Emmmm. To most 'beer' drinkers, Stella, Bud, Becks etc wouldn't even count as beer - just fizzy piss water.
Why can't people drink proper British beer instead of imported (or worse fake-imported) fizzy chemical concoctions?

Offline mr.bluesky

The Godfather is regularly regarded as one of the best movies ever made. It isn’t. It’s just ok.
Ursula Andress emerging from the sea in Dr No is highly regarded as a real sexy moment. Meh.

On the subject of films - Interstellar and Avatar are both vastly over rated imo.
On the subject of bands The Smyths  (depressing songs sung by a man with a whiny voice)
Snooker- as exciting as watching paint dry
Shakespeare- as booring as hell
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:51:59 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline standardpostage

Energy drinks. e.g. Prime.

They are just sugar or sweetener & caffeine.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Kissing with a WG
Sorry but I have to disagree with this, I love some proper DFK  :yahoo:

Plenty of other things like anal and deep throating / face fucking a girl that I think are over rated but other guys seem to go crazy for

Online Colston36

On the subject of films - Interstellar and Avatar are both vastly over rated imo.
On the subject of bands The Smyths  (depressing songs sung by a man with a whiny voice)
Snooker- as exciting as watching paint dry

What fun! A man who can't spell boring or overrated finds Shakespeare boring.

Offline RandomGuy99

Teslas

They're ugly and overpriced

Offline lewisjones23

Sorry but I have to disagree with this, I love some proper DFK  :yahoo:

Plenty of other things like anal and deep throating / face fucking a girl that I think are over rated but other guys seem to go crazy for

Aye, horses for courses and all that

Offline elnukky

Seafood, Steak and most Alcoholic beverages.
Buying a house in London (and probably any major metropolitan area).
Elections.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Gin
Yep i'm with you on Gin which has for some reason become hugely popular and now also really expensive as they are pushing all these "Speciality" Gin's, to be classed as Gin it must contain Juniper berries but they are fundamentally  :vomit:

I know people who used to drink Gin and Gordons was generally accepted as being "The best" or certainly the best normal pub Gin that you'd get from one of the optics.
These same people now won't touch Gordons and go for these speciality ones which appear to be 2 or 3 times the price, pisses me off when I get a round in and buy myself a pint costing £4 - £5 then a couple of cunts order a Gin & Tonic costing £10 - £15 a pop  :scare:
The cunts also insist on an expensive bottle of tonic rather than the cheap stuff out of the dispenser and seemingly take an age to decide exactly what they want from the menu of options they are presented with  :dash:
Then it comes in a fucking great glass with half an iceberg in it and a dribble of Gin in the bottom unless they have also asked for a double as it gets "Lost" in such a big glass with the ice, cunts  :diablo:

Offline mr.bluesky

What fun! A man who can't spell boring or overrated finds Shakespeare boring.

Sorry I didn't realise this was an English examination  :dash:
I bet you're a retired English teacher.
( but you missed the fact that Blackpool Rock also miss spelt overrated in the subject title  :sarcastic:)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:00:44 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Spunky34

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 11
Smart watches - apart from fitness tracking (which I am told is not always very reliable) I’ve never understood what the advantage of having the watch is compared with the functionality of the phone the watch is linked to.

The TV series Succession - I’m late to this but am currently watching it through now all series are complete.  It’s OK but I don’t understand yet (about halfway through series 2) why it’s regarded as so good.

Steak - I do like steak but there are a ton of other things I’d rather eat.

First Class on trains today - Slightly more comfortable seats, and last time I went First Class (years ago, admittedly), I think I got two free cups of bad tea.  The main upside was fewer people in the carriage, which I assume is largely due to the crazy prices.  Not exactly the Orient Express.

Offline Blackpool Rock

( but you missed the fact that Blackpool Rock also miss spelt overrated in the subject title  :sarcastic:)
I actually changed it and added the space as it didn't look right, think it can actually be hyphenated as an alternative

Offline mr.bluesky

I actually changed it and added the space as it didn't look right, think it can actually be hyphenated as an alternative

:thumbsup: I just copied your spelling  :D it's one of those words that when it is spelt right it still doesn't look right 🤔  but perhaps I'm just being booooooring
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:17:33 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Stevelondon

Elections.

Love a good fillet steak and alcohol of course.
Done very well out of buying/selling houses in London thanks very much 😂

Now when it comes to erections I have to agree. Bloody boring innit. All that blood pumping nonsense and all for two minutes of action……….. oh wait a minute.
ELECTIONS……… forget what I just said.

Online WARSZAWA16

Designer clothes and the ridiculous prices people are willing to pay for a label.

Offline RandomGuy99

Smart watches - apart from fitness tracking (which I am told is not always very reliable) I’ve never understood what the advantage of having the watch is compared with the functionality of the phone the watch is linked to.

The TV series Succession - I’m late to this but am currently watching it through now all series are complete.  It’s OK but I don’t understand yet (about halfway through series 2) why it’s regarded as so good.

Steak - I do like steak but there are a ton of other things I’d rather eat.

First Class on trains today - Slightly more comfortable seats, and last time I went First Class (years ago, admittedly), I think I got two free cups of bad tea.  The main upside was fewer people in the carriage, which I assume is largely due to the crazy prices.  Not exactly the Orient Express.
+1 Succession

Trains seem to be quieter since COVID with fewer people travelling. I think you can get a free bacon butty for travelling first class. Not really worth the extra cost

Apple watches are just expensive although they did save the life of someone I know.

Offline mr.bluesky

Love a good fillet steak and alcohol of course.
Done very well out of buying/selling houses in London thanks very much 😂

Now when it comes to erections I have to agree. Bloody boring innit. All that blood pumping nonsense and all for two minutes of action……….. oh wait a minute.
ELECTIONS……… forget what I just said.

You manage to last two minutes ! I'd be happy with that  :D

Offline ulstersubbie

The Godfather is one of the best movies ever made, admittedly Part 2 was even better. What is it about The Godfather that you don't like?

Offline ulstersubbie

Who are the Smyths Mr bluesky, surely you mean the mighty Smiths arguably the finest band to have emerged from Manchester (actually Salford).

Shakespeare boring, have you never read Macbeth or seen one of the film versions (the Polanski one is superb).

Offline Blackpool Rock

Elections.

I'm not sure that people generally rave about buying a house anywhere let alone London so how can it be overrated  :unknown:

The same with elections and given the fact that around a 1/3 of eligible people don't even bother to cast their vote tends to indicate a general apathy towards them unless i've missed large groups of people banding together and leapfrogging their way down to the polling station while singing jolly party songs  :unknown:  :D

Offline sir wanksalot

Hmmm so been thinking about this for a while how some things seem to gain popularity yet i'm left simply feeling underwhelmed about the whole thing.
A lot of it is probably down to a triumph of marketing and then people jump on board once the herding instinct kicks in and they don't want to be the odd one out so join in

So what (apart from this thread  :rolleyes:) do people just don't "Get" and think is over rated  :unknown:

I'll start with a couple of American alcohol products that have relied on good marketing -
Jack Daniels  :vomit: The marketing makes it look cool, so cool in fact that it only needs to be referred to as "Jack" or "JD" and everyone knows what you are talking about.
Often referred to as Whiskey but it's Bourbon and basically a low grade spirit that's only distilled once whereas Scotch whisky is distilled twice and Irish 3 times giving it a much smoother and refined taste  :drinks:

Such is the cool status and kudos of this fucking muck that it's openly endorsed by pop stars / bands where the image of some rocker holding or drinking from a bottle of this stuff makes it into their video and it's even included in the lyrics thus making sure the hard of thinking fans go out and buy some  :thumbsdown:

Secondly it's got to be the beer for people that don't actually like beer, yep it Budweiser or for all the people who want to try and sound cool "Bud".  :dash:
King of beers my arse, in fact I wouldn't wash my arse with this shit  :diablo:
Another one that's become popular not due to the product but due to the marketing and the IQ of the target market being below average  :sarcastic:

I've probably insulted 90% of the population already with just 2 products so it's over to you guys to find the other 10%  :hi:

Is Budweiser still a "thing" for people to drink when they go out?

I used to only drink Bud if I wanted to have something to drink but not get pissed

Offline sir wanksalot

I think I may hate you

Offline sir wanksalot

Marvel movies. If you're 14 then ok otherwise WTF? :scare:

Star Wars. Never really got the excitement.

Chunky thighs and big fat asses.

Amazon Prime Video

FPS video games-I get motion sickness

New Years Eve. Unless you're doing something REALLY memorable then I'd rather go to bed early

Online chrishornx

Have you reviewed her ?

Offline Blackpool Rock

+1 , add to it all the Star Wars films
Agreed on Star wars, I was a kid when it 1st came out and went to the cinema to watch it, had mates who raved about it and went back multiple times to watch it but I sat there sort of a bit bored really

Worked with a few people a couple of years ago and used to love winding them up by saying they were shit films and "For kids"  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

The Godfather is one of the best movies ever made, admittedly Part 2 was even better. What is it about The Godfather that you don't like?
The Godfather was on about a year ago and i'd never seen it so sat down to watch it as it's so great and apparently a classic.

I fell asleep about an hour or so in as it was so fucking shit  :thumbsdown:

What's wrong with it, what's right with it  :unknown:

For me it's far too long and I usually know i'm going to struggle if a film is much longer than and hour 40 or 45 minutes, just checked and it's 2 hours 55 minutes  :dash:
I just remember thinking it was so fucking slow and I mean there was like no or hardly any action in the hour that I managed to keep my eyes open  :thumbsdown:

Perhaps for me i'd have to watch it in say 3 parts of about an hour to try and keep my interest  :unknown:

Offline I like natural boobs

John Wayne. Played heroic tough guys on screen but in real life was a draft dodger. Audie Murphy on the other hand was the real deal. He was a real hero.

Elvis Presley. Didn't write any of his songs and he fancied 14 year old girls.

Offline sir wanksalot

John Wayne. Played heroic tough guys on screen but in real life was a draft dodger. Audie Murphy on the other hand was the real deal. He was a real hero.

John Wayne is a good shout (don't agree about Elvis :))

Wayne is revered in the States as a great actor but I always thought he was wooden and had the acting skills of Nicolas Cage. He DID appear in some great movies though

Offline george r

Fosters lager is  piss poor for me  not sure if its the same in OZ but very over rated

Offline SonofAJohn

Online threechilliman

+1 , add to it all the Star Wars films
Yep, no interest at all from me.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

The trouble with Fosters and Budweiser is that they’re like sex in a canoe, uncomfortably close to water.

Online WARSZAWA16

British women are overrated
What? All 30 odd million of them? Bit of a generalisation is that... :unknown:

Online myothernameis

Some of today's comedians, just dont find them funny

Offline badsin

The Beatles
Rolling stones
Jerry Lee Lewis
And multiple others all had a thing for young girls .

Offline Ghost89

It’s very long and slowly paced. I think as well Don Corleone has been parodied so many times I can’t really take Brando seriously. It’s by no means a bad movie but as a gangster movie Goodfellas is much better.

Offline Ghost89

Some of today's comedians, just dont find them funny

100% agree.
There isn’t a single comedian today who I would go see live let alone watch on tv.

Offline Ghost89

I think I may hate you

Star Wars. Never really got the excitement.

Ha ha! Likewise :D