Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 25900 times)

Online puntingking

A Fellow UKP member has mentioned under a recently RIP page that we should start a dedicated page for those that have recently passed away so that members can post comments under one banner rather than having lots of threads in the off topic section for those that have recently died.

This thread will be dedicated to ukp members to pay their respect to anyone who has recently left us.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:47:21 pm by puntingking »

Online puntingking

R.I.P to Former Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman who has died at the age of 78.

Goodman's agent described him as a "much loved husband, father and grandfather who will be sorely missed by family, friends and all who knew him"

External Link/Members Only

Offline mr.bluesky

R.I.P to Former Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman who has died at the age of 78.

Goodman's agent described him as a "much loved husband, father and grandfather who will be sorely missed by family, friends and all who knew him"

Never really watched strictly come dancing but from what I did see Len Goodman came across as a gentleman,  never sarcastic in his comments unlike some of the other judges or never tried to put anyone down.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 05:00:37 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
I love strictly and he was absolutely fabulous as the Head judge, I was very sad to hear about his passing today  :(

Online Thephoenix

I've been known to trip the light fandango myself over the years and had a lot of respect for Len's judging, and loved his sense of humour.
He managed to keep the show mainly true to it's predecessors which started right back in the 50s.
Unfortunately I don't think it's as good since Len and old Brucie left.
R.I.P. Len!

Online petermisc

Personally,I was never a fan of Brucie, I used to fast-forward through his feeble jokes.  But Len was excellent as head judge.  His was the comments you really took notice of.  Unlike Tonioli, who just acted the clown, or Craig who is just acid-tongued, Len somehow mixed gravitas and humour.  You knew he took the judging seriously, but levened his critique with humour.  None of the current judges have that same level of gravitas.

Online mills_and_bhuna

RIP Harry Belafonte. .
Age 96.
Musician and actor.
But probably most known for being a stalwart in the civil rights movement.
A credit to his country and his people.

Offline Ghost89

50th Anniversary this year of his passing on July 20th 1973 of Bruce Lee aged just 32. Iconic Martial artist that broke down many racial barriers by teaching anyone who wanted to learn regardless of skin colour at a time when it went against tradition not to. Regarded as a key influence on MMA today.
Philosopher and of course movie star.
A huge hero to me growing up and still so now.
R.I.P

Offline mr.bluesky

50th Anniversary this year of his passing on July 20th 1973 of Bruce Lee aged just 32. Iconic Martial artist that broke down many racial barriers by teaching anyone who wanted to learn regardless of skin colour at a time when it went against tradition not to. Regarded as a key influence on MMA today.
R.I.P

Incredible to think a bloke that fit could die so young. :unknown: I have seen his apartment building in Hong Kong ( Kowloon) were he used to live. I was told that his Chinese name translated to " little dragon" and Kowloon translates to " nine dragons" a fortune teller told him to leave Kowloon as the "nine dragons" would consume the "little dragon" a prophecy that would turn out true. I don't know how true this is but the Chinese are very superstitious people so it may have a ring of truth about it. :unknown:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 06:53:33 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Ghost89

Incredible to think a bloke that fit could die so young. :unknown: I have seen his apartment building in Hong Kong ( Kowloon) were he used to live. I was told that his Chinese name translated to " little dragon" and Kowloon translates to " nine dragons" a fortune teller told him to leave Kowloon as the "nine dragons" would consume the "little dragon" a prophecy that would turn out true. I don't know how true this is but the Chinese are very superstitious people so it may have a ring of truth about it. :unknown:
Yeah. Brain swelling caused by an allergic reaction to a painkiller he took. Of all the things. The Chinese are very superstitious. Lee wasn’t and was very much westernised. Not that it would have made much difference to the outcome unfortunately.

Online puntingking

RIP Kate Saunders.
Only Fools & Horses actress and award winning author and journalist dies aged 62

Sadly died on Friday but the news of her death have only just been released yesterday.

Online petermisc

RIP Kate Saunders.
Only Fools & Horses actress and award winning author and journalist dies aged 62

Sadly died on Friday but the news of her death have only just been released yesterday.
As I understand it, she played a bit part in just one episode?

Offline Ghost89

As I understand it, she played a bit part in just one episode?

Correct. She played Rodney’s Police Officer girlfriend in the episode “The long legs of the law” from series  1.

Offline pythondan

Correct. She played Rodney’s Police Officer girlfriend in the episode “The long legs of the law” from series  1.

Just watched that on Gold last Saturday  :(

Offline myothernameis

R.I.P

Then there also his son, Brandon Lee death, which happened around 30 years ago, and surround in a curse on his family

Online Dickled

Peter Martin, excellent in the Royle Family. RIP.

Offline ulstersubbie

Next year will be the 40th anniversary of the death of Count Basie on this day. Basie for me was the best of the classic big band leaders, Oscar Peterson and Duke Ellington were masters too but the Count was special.    🎹🎹

Offline mr.bluesky

Then there also his son, Brandon Lee death, which happened around 30 years ago, and surround in a curse on his family

Yeah, wasn't he accidentally shot whilst making the film " The Crow"

Offline Ghost89

1993 on the set of The Crow. Similar circumstances as the recent incident with Alec Baldwin. Curse or not it was sad also. And extremely reckless of the armourer not to have checked the gun that shot Lee.

Offline pythondan

RIP Arsenal's title hopes which finally expired at The Etihad, Manchester on 27th April. The patient was in fine health in March but declined swiftly in April before Wednesday's tragic events.

Offline dexpunt

Just heard Jerry Springer has passed 79

Online Spike1

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:11:59 pm by Spike1 »

Offline mr.bluesky

RIP Arsenal's title hopes which finally expired at The Etihad, Manchester on 27th April. The patient was in fine health in March but declined swiftly in April before Wednesday's tragic events.

:D it ain't over till the fat lady sings  :unknown:

Offline FLYING BLUE

The 29th will be 30 years since the tragic death of the 'spider with the platinum hair' Mick Ronson, left us aged just 46.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:47:53 pm by FLYING BLUE »

Online puntingking

there's always next year. We should feel bad for Rochdale who will leave the football league after 100 years in the league. They will now play in the dreaded national league which is a very hard league to get out of.

Online Punterperson1971

Jerry springer chat show host 79 as well no age

Offline Ghost89

Jerry springer chat show host 79 as well no age

I used to love his show. Proper trash tv but it was hilarious!

Online Punterperson1971

I used to love his show. Proper trash tv but it was hilarious!

Yeah it was

Online Dipper

Yeah it was

Agree. Essential viewing in the early 90’s, when most in the U.K. hadn’t seen anything like it.

Offline Ghost89

Agree. Essential viewing in the early 90’s, when most in the U.K. hadn’t seen anything like it.

Absolutely! It seemed so outrageous back then when the internet was in its infancy and that kind of thing was less accessible. It had that need to see what’s going to happen next quality even if you wasn’t a fan.

Offline B4bcock

The 29th will be 30 years since the tragic death of the 'spider with the platinum hair' Mick Ronson, left us aged just 46.

Always in David Bowie's shadow but his guitar playing probably did more than anything else to help propel Bowie's early career.  Much underrated player IMO.

Online alabama1

Someone comes up with a good idea for a thread, dedicated to celebrity deaths, so as to keep the forum nice and tidy, then you come along and fuck it up , turning it into a football thread.  :mad:

Online Colston36

A Fellow UKP member has mentioned under a recently RIP page that we should start a dedicated page for those that have recently passed away so that members can post comments under one banner rather than having lots of threads in the off topic section for those that have recently died.

This thread will be dedicated to ukp members to pay their respect to anyone who has recently left us.

John Barry Humphries AO CBE (17 February 1934 – 22 April 2023) Maybe best known as Dame Edna Everage.

Here in the Royal Box: External Link/Members Only

I had dinner at his house many years ago. I was drunk and misbehaved. He was a gentleman and ignored my stupidity

Offline ulstersubbie

I had dinner at his house many years ago. I was drunk and misbehaved. He was a gentleman and ignored my stupidity

Colston, drunk and misbehaved, I don't believe it!   :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Colston, drunk and misbehaved, I don't believe it!   :D

That's where he got his idea for Sir Les Patterson from, obviously based on Colston 36  :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 11:51:35 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline catweazle

Someone comes up with a good idea for a thread, dedicated to celebrity deaths, so as to keep the forum nice and tidy, then you come along and fuck it up , turning it into a football thread.  :mad:

+1

Online timsussex

Gordon Lightfoot - great Canadian singer/songwriter

Nice Obit in todays Times pointing out that he had songs covered by Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash among many others,  however apparently Sinatra couldn't get his head round "If you could read my mind" throwing  the music on the floor in frustration.

Online Colston36

it

That's where he got his idea for Sir Les Patterson from, obviously based on Colston 36  :D

If that were true I'd feel incredibly flattered. What actually happened was that a guy I worked with knew him, and we were invited to dinner. But my friend in true Sydney tradition got me pissed before we even set off to Barry's place. There I proceeded to make boozy advances to a very attractive woman sitting opposite me. It was Barry's wife. He ignored my obnoxiousness (he was teetotal). A real gentleman.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:41:23 pm by Colston36 »

Online Dipper

Nice Obit in todays Times pointing out that he had songs covered by Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash among many others,  however apparently Sinatra couldn't get his head round "If you could read my mind" throwing  the music on the floor in frustration.

That track always makes me think of the tv programme- ‘trigger happy tv’ what now seem like the good old days before everyone started spouting on social media.

Online Squire Haggard

I bought one of his albums around 1976/77.  'Cold on the shoulder' was being played a lot in a bar that I was in a lot at that time, which inspired me to buy the album.

Its sad to hear this news. RIP

Offline bigden40

Dylan said that Gord died without ever releasing a bad song.

“If you could read my mind” is a really great song.

Online mills_and_bhuna

RIP David Miranda.
Brazilian politician at the age of 38 after 9 months in ICU with sepsis.
Husband of Glenn Greenwald and instrumental in the release of the Snowden files.

Online Doc Holliday

Isn't it just. Reminds me so much of a period of my life and my first broken heart. Reduces me to tears.

Online Squire Haggard

Isn't it just. Reminds me so much of a period of my life and my first broken heart. Reduces me to tears.

Do cheer up Doc.  :D I too, remember my first rejection. I feel better now because she is a loser and has been an embittered bitch for decades. Maybe yours is the same.  :thumbsup:

Offline magpie252

Doyle Brunson - The Godfather of Texas Hold-em Poker
Cashed in for the final time

Online Stevelondon

Well as long as Dylan said it. It must be true.  :D

Online Stevelondon

“If you could” is a great song. Which goes to show even those who were great don’t get it right.

Offline ulstersubbie

Andy Rourke, bassist with The Smiths has died. He was only 59, no age really. One of my all time favourite bands, Heaven knows I'm miserable now. RIP Andy.

Offline mr.bluesky

Andy Rourke, bassist with The Smiths has died. He was only 59, no age really. One of my all time favourite bands, Heaven knows I'm miserable now. RIP Andy.

A lot of musicians seem to have passed away  so far this year. Have to say The Smiths were never one of the many bands I liked , I thought their music was too bloody depressing