Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting with a Tesla - how to avoid being rumbled  (Read 6285 times)

Offline jimbobted

Recently bought a Tesla. Great car for my needs, but if course I've had to give her indoors a key and access via the Tesla app. This means she can see my ETA of the current planned journey (but not the destination) but more problematically can see the location of the car at any given time. So if she got suspicious or idly checked, she'd see the car is many miles from where it's supposed to be if I'm on a punt.
Any fellow Tesla owners know if there's a way of avoiding this, other than removing her account from the car, which would in and if itself raise hackles/suspicion?

Offline macman26

Facebook Market Place is the way to go mate - start looking and buying a few things on there and take home, for your new 'hobby' (not punting :D ).

That way when you go punting for real you can say you where going to buy this xxx 2ed hand, in the end was rubbish and not as the add listed and you walked.  Job done a good alba - but like said make sure you start buy a few things 1st before  you punt and take them home.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 11:00:03 pm by macman26 »

Offline Jonestown

Have a mid-life crisis and buy a motorbike, or go green and buy a bicycle, because what ever you do with the Tesla is going to look suspicious.

Offline Spacecowb0y

Doesn't it have an incognito mode?

Offline newhere456

Whatever you do, avoid engaging dogging mode - that will give her access to the inside camera

Offline Steve2

No place to hide as long as she  shares the car with you, She could see the location every time it is parked

Unless you turn off sentry there will also be footage of any movement where it is parked, If she is any way computer savvy she can view the dashcam clips as well

Online JontyR

Any fellow Tesla owners know if there's a way of avoiding this, other than removing her account from the car, which would in and if itself raise hackles/suspicion?

Tell her what you are planning, saying there is some reports of tracking being hacked and used for identifying cars location to steal or that houses are vacant to be burgled.

And when she then agrees to this without checking on the net...you know she's getting rattled by someone else.

Online dubs

Tell her you had gone to have tea with (name of long dead relative).  When she questions this, look confused and then confess to having been diagnosed with early onset dementia.  You might get a sympathy BJ if you're lucky.  The next day, pretend the conversation never happened.  Bob's yer uncle.

Offline Doc Holliday

Tell her you had gone to have tea with (name of long dead relative).  When she questions this, look confused and then confess to having been diagnosed with early onset dementia.  You might get a sympathy BJ if you're lucky.  The next day, pretend the conversation never happened. Bob's yer uncle.

Bob died four years ago ... surely you remember that?

So rather like the punting phone topic are we in future going to need punting cars?

Offline the fitter

It surprises me the amount of posts like this, why would you ever take a car punting, there is so much that can go wrong, accident, speeding, parking fine. Tell her you are going even more green, and use public transport, at least that takes some of the risk out of it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:16:24 am by the fitter »

Offline Punting2022

Dont use a tesla. They are rubbish.

Offline akauya

It surprises me the amount of posts like this, why would you ever take a car punting, there is so much that can go wrong, accident, speeding, parking fine. Tell her you are going even more green, and use public transport, at least that takes some of the risk out of it.

Then we will get threads asking "How do I stop my wife accessing CCTV clips of public transport so she doesn't find out I've been punting?"   :D

Offline southcoastpunter

that maybe a good option for those that live in London or other cities/large towns but not all of us live in an area with good public transport. I am not in a town centre area but not in the countryside either - a railway station is 3 miles away, buses every hour until 5pm than next day.

For many, cars are essential for modern day living - and getting to and from punts and especially for those that can only find a hour or two at most to be away from home/work etc. (Luckily I am single so personally don't have that issue)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:49:39 am by southcoastpunter »

Offline the fitter

that maybe a good option for those that live in London or other cities/large towns but not all of us live in an area with good public transport. I am not in a town centre area but not in the countryside either - a railway station is 3 miles away, buses every hour until 5pm than next day.

For many, cars are essential for modern day living - and getting to and from punts and especially for those that can only find a hour or two at most to be away from home/work etc. (Luckily I am single so personally don't have that issue)
Even better, park the car at the station, gives you more time to be away, and the excuse, I missed the train. therefor a prolonged time away from home. Punters of today, are surely able to be articulate enough, to get round problems, if they get a decent ground plan laid out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:34:59 am by the fitter »

Offline nigel4498

If you must drive to a punt my advice is buy a cheap secondhand run around.
Don’t tell the OH  and Maybe keep it parked locally ready for use.

They can be picked up cheap on Gumtree with about 10 months MOT.

Online Waterhouse

Serves you right for buying a Tosla.   :lol:

If you’re going to drive to a punt, then keep it simple - just like you would with a punting phone.

Online Stevelondon

Uncomfortable soulless bloody cars.
Also….. the OP should have thought about stuff like this before he bought it.

But surely simple enough to just change ok ting habits…… ie:- don’t drive the thing to punts.

Offline Shagswell2001

Nothing to do with punting, but does it come with indicators? 🤣🤣🤣 Noticed a lot of them don't seem to have any, rather like BMWs 🤣🤣🤣

Online PilotMan

Nothing to do with punting either, but has anybody noticed how slow Tesla drivers go?

That range anxiety is a real problem.

Offline Southernbloke

Get rid of the stupid bloody car and get yourself a proper car. Why get something that you can’t use without causing yourself this much anxiety.
I have a very noticeable car and don’t use it to see wgs in my local area I just get a taxi that picks me up a couple of streets away from my house.

Offline Kieslowski

When booking a punt, ask the SP if there's somewhere you can park your Tesla. She will instantly cancel the booking because nobody likes Tesla drivers. Problem solved!

Offline mancsguy1975

We've all heard of a burner phone, now time to get yourself a burner motor...

Offline Adoniron

Get rid of the stupid bloody car and get yourself a proper car. Why get something that you can’t use without causing yourself this much anxiety.
I have a very noticeable car and don’t use it to see wgs in my local area I just get a taxi that picks me up a couple of streets away from my house.

Also don't get a personal number plate.

Offline Steve2

Dont use a tesla. They are rubbish.

Bold statement. Feel free to tell us more  :rolleyes:

Offline pythondan

OP do you only have one car between yourself and your wife? If not then use the other car for punting.
"Forgetting" to charge the Tesla could give you an excuse to not use it when you are travelling to a punt.

Offline Steve2

Nothing to do with punting either, but has anybody noticed how slow Tesla drivers go?

That range anxiety is a real problem.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline finn5555

Is it just me but do you find Tesla cars ugly 🤷‍♂️

Online PilotMan

Is it just me but do you find Tesla cars ugly 🤷‍♂️

+1

They look top heavy,  big windows and small panels. The opposite to a"lead sled".

Offline Davey80

Not just Teslas ofc - I’m in the market for a new car right now and most seem to have that feature where a phone app can see where its parked.

Suspect we’ll all have to start thinking creatively in the next few years.

Offline pbrown355

Just stop living your lives via the technology. It has its downsides but you are less likely to be unpleasantly surprised.

Online scutty brown

fit a mobile phone and GPS jammer?
you'd have to drive the car manually though

Offline Cabbage8

Tesla's being terrible aside... you can always say you're off down the pub/ bowling alley/ library etc, WALK round the corner and get a cab?

Online Dipper

If you must drive to a punt my advice is buy a cheap secondhand run around.
Don’t tell the OH  and Maybe keep it parked locally ready for use.

They can be picked up cheap on Gumtree with about 10 months MOT.

This has made me think… what next ‘punting cars?’ Wonder if some already do this.

Online boardyhell

definitely don't do a car meet, had one with gena littlehampton sucking off when I was driving :drinks:

Offline newhere456

Use an Uber.

Used an Uber once for a punt while my Tesla was having some work done on it,  I normally hide my location when punting but find that this makes using the Uber app difficult as it relies on location data to fundtion.

Guess the answer is to ride a bike or walk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:33:32 pm by newhere456 »

Online dubs

Perhaps Adultwork can add a new filter category - offers EV charging.

WG -  "Please be quiet and discreet parking so the neighbours won't notice"

Punter - "Yeah no problem...  oh shit I didn't mean to click that !"   External Link/Members Only

Offline Chazz

I recently picked up a new Ford, and the salesman was trying to sell me the Ford app that allows you to find where you parked your car, so it must track you everywhere. He was quite surprised when I politely declined!

Offline datwabbit

I'm just glad that the op didn't use his real name. Your secret is safe Elon.

Offline jimbobted

Haha. It seems the answer is "no".

Regards the car, I've never been a Tesla fan. But I needed something reasonably decent, long range, cheap to run etc and Tesla model 3 ticks all those boxes.
No range anxiety, it'll do over 250 real world miles at motorway speeds and I'm going to want to stop for tea, cake and a piss before then. Just put the destination into the nav and it tells you where to stop and for how long (never very long). Have to say I like the car way more than I thought I would.

Anyway, seems it's just something I'm going to have to bear in mind when planning extra curricular activities.

Offline Punting2022

I recently picked up a new Ford, and the salesman was trying to sell me the Ford app that allows you to find where you parked your car, so it must track you everywhere. He was quite surprised when I politely declined!

Most cars have the option to turn it off inside. So drive to where your meant to be. Turn off in settings then punt

Offline Punting2022

Bold statement. Feel free to tell us more  :rolleyes:
Boring cars, bad build quality.

Offline advent2016

Recently bought a Tesla. Great car for my needs, but if course I've had to give her indoors a key and access via the Tesla app. This means she can see my ETA of the current planned journey (but not the destination) but more problematically can see the location of the car at any given time. So if she got suspicious or idly checked, she'd see the car is many miles from where it's supposed to be if I'm on a punt.

You can Toggle off the "Always Connected" option. The other user will still be able to see the last known location.  Remember to turn in on again.
This isn't foolproof. If the other user can authenticate themselves with Tesla Support, they can override this and obtain the location. Tesla can always monitor the location of the vehicle and also later construct a complete track log where it has been.

My advice would be to get a "burner car" or use public transport to punt if you want to be really safe.

These guys have written a lot of stuff about Tesla's
External Link/Members Only
and hacking internet connected dildos 

Offline Steve2

Boring cars, bad build quality.

Build quality has vastly improved since they stopped building them in the USA

If boring is 0-60 in 5 seconds, I am happy with that   :lol: :lol:

Online Steely Dan

I know nothing about Tesla. However when it comes to all things software, most people get bored after the initial interest.  Unless she uses it a lot, she wont notice if you change the password.  And if you turn off the tracking a lot.  If she does query say, 'Yeah that log-on is glitchy, I must remember to get it reset.  Then fix it, wait a few weeks and change the password again.  The solution is in the people-wear, not the software.

Offline versace

• Temp ban until
    25/05/24 @ 09:11
  • Reviews: 80
Build quality has vastly improved since they stopped building them in the USA

If boring is 0-60 in 5 seconds, I am happy with that   :lol: :lol:

Well that would be boring, I think it’s around 3 seconds mate

Offline Jonestown

My mind boggles at how you would run and keep secret a “burner” car in say London for example, given the requirements of insurance, vehicle duty, parking permits, low traffic zones, congestion charge, ULEZ , risk of 20mph zone fines, etc. And if you were caught with it, how the fuck would you explain it away ?

Online RedKettle

My mind boggles at how you would run and keep secret a “burner” car in say London for example, given the requirements of insurance, vehicle duty, parking permits, low traffic zones, congestion charge, ULEZ , risk of 20mph zone fines, etc. And if you were caught with it, how the fuck would you explain it away ?

Just as you always have a reason for your punting phone you would need one for your punting car. Perhaps a sudden interest in the original mini so you buy one as a hobby. The key being an old car with no tech.

Offline jimbobted

You can Toggle off the "Always Connected" option. The other user will still be able to see the last known location.  Remember to turn in on again.
This isn't foolproof. If the other user can authenticate themselves with Tesla Support, they can override this and obtain the location. Tesla can always monitor the location of the vehicle and also later construct a complete track log where it has been.

My advice would be to get a "burner car" or use public transport to punt if you want to be really safe.

These guys have written a lot of stuff about Tesla's
and hacking internet connected dildos 
Aha! A sensible and helpful answer!
I highly doubt she would start trying to call Tesla if she can't see where it is.

So that's what I'll do. Thank you. I have noticed that sometimes there's chunks of data missing from journeys and she's not interested in such telemetry anyway. I just want to avoid the situation of her idly looking at the app and going "why is the car in Cambridge (for example) when he's working in London today?"

Offline CanOfRedBull

You can only punt if your girl is walking distant from a shopping centre / town centre.   The ‘I went into town during my lunchtime to return the shirt I bought last week’ excuse. 

If your girl is in the middle of nowhere you have had it.