Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Wordle - Daily Word Challenge  (Read 44969 times)

Offline Doormatt

Got in 3 today. Told "impressive" which I don't hear enough  :lol:

Offline Gordon Bennett

4 today after getting none right on first go.

Bet you panicked when that happened  ;)

Offline lillythesavage

Bet you panicked when that happened  ;)

I was surprised to get it in 4, but ruled out some obscure letters and could have got it in 3, if I picked the right 50/50 choice.

Offline lillythesavage

5 today, after 3 right on 2nd, 4 right on 3rd and 4h,  just picked the wrong first letter twice.

Offline Rick2468

4 attempts for today. Got 3 letters in incorrect places for first clue and really struggled to work out words. I think my brain is made for numbers and not words.

Offline Gordon Bennett

5. I was getting a bit sweaty to be honest, thought my innings was coming to an end. 11 not out.... let's hope there's no googlies or wrong'uns coming!

I think I'm going to have a head-to-head race with Mrs soon. Sit opposite each other at dining table on our tablets, ready-steady-go and see who cracks it fastest. I think doing it at pace will give it a whole new dynamic especially given I often take ages stroking my chin for 20 minutes between guesses!

Offline Dave33ws6

3 attempts for me again, getting good at this lol

Online mr.bluesky

3 attempts for me again, getting good at this lol

Struggled today but got it in 6

Offline lillythesavage

4 today, could have been 3, keep picking the wrong final letter.

Offline Rick2468

4 today, could have been 3, keep picking the wrong final letter.

I also got four today which could easily have been a three as my third guess was obviously wrong as it had a letter in a place that a previous guess had already confirmed was incorrect I was being stupid. My start word had two letters in right place and two letters in wrong place so a good start. I spent less time thinking about it today.

I have a 3 day streak. Enjoying doing it and comparing results on here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:17:05 pm by Rick2468 »

Offline mills_and_bhuna

3 out of 4 days managed 3.
5 yesterday.
Whoever suggested RAISE as the first try (think it may have been the OP) I should give some credit.
Thought the reasoning was spot on and so it's proving to be the case

Offline Dave33ws6

I failed miserably today. Eventually got the first three letters but couldn't get the last two  :dash:

Offline dexpunt

got it at the final attempt. It was a tough one today

Online mr.bluesky

got it at the final attempt. It was a tough one today

Me too. Got in in last attempt. Phew . Toughest one yet .

Offline Rick2468

Got it in 3 but really lucky. Got one consonant letter in right place on first guess and nothing else. Then picked a word without the correct letter for my second word and got a vowel that was in the wrong place. Then picked a word to try and work out where the vowel was with a word that didn't use letters I had used before apart from the ones I knew were in it and somehow picked the word that was the right answer.  Thought it was a bit of an obscure word to be the actual answer so was delighted when it all came up green.

Offline lillythesavage

Me too. Got in in last attempt. Phew . Toughest one yet .

Well " Raise" was no help today, my usual starter would have been better, took 5 but got it.

Offline Webby581

took me 4 goes today but got pretty lucky as i had only revealed one letter in the 1st 2 attempts.
have played 18 consecutive days and yet to have a fail, or a 6 ..... but that cant continue surely.

Its a good game - really addictive and we have a family whatsapp where everyone shares their results each morning. More than just a little bit competitive  :D

Offline The0neAnd0nly

took me 4 goes today but got pretty lucky as i had only revealed one letter in the 1st 2 attempts.
have played 18 consecutive days and yet to have a fail, or a 6 ..... but that cant continue surely.

Its a good game - really addictive and we have a family whatsapp where everyone shares their results each morning. More than just a little bit competitive  :D

Lol likewise. Have 3 or 4 different whatsapp groups with everyone sharing results. Got it in 5 today but took me ages inbetween goes especially as my first 4 goes only returned 2 letters.

Very addictive!!

Offline Rick2468

I find looking at the keyboard below the grid really helps with coming up with potential words. It greys out letters that have already been used.

Online mr.bluesky

Well " Raise" was no help today, my usual starter would have been better, took 5 but got it.

Likewise, started with raise but not much help. :dash:

Online mr.bluesky

I find looking at the keyboard below the grid really helps with coming up with potential words. It greys out letters that have already been used.

It would also help if you could put the letters in out of sequence so if for example you had the letter E as correct in second position you could put it back in that position before entering the other letters  :unknown:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Fucking hell! Bastard one today! I did get it on 6th go but I only had two letters right after 5th go. Luckily there was only one possible word makeable from what was left but I was still shitting myself pressing enter.

Offline Gordon Bennett

It would also help if you could put the letters in out of sequence so if for example you had the letter E as correct in second position you could put it back in that position before entering the other letters  :unknown:

I write X in as a sort of wildcard to play around with the green letters in place :thumbsup:

Offline Rick2468

I write X in as a sort of wildcard to play around with the green letters in place :thumbsup:

I put the right answer just to see if the first and last letter were part of the answer as thought they were common letters so worth eliminating. Lucked out completely.

Offline Dave33ws6

4 attempts today. Big relief after yesterday

Online mr.bluesky

4 attempts today. Big relief after yesterday

In 4 today also. Seems to be my target score
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 08:40:50 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline lillythesavage

In 4 today also. Seems to be my target score

Mine too, but 3 today after 1 green on first, and 4 on second, if I had gone for the obvious instead of more obscure, could have been a lucky 2.

Offline Kool Keef

Thanks for this OP, just tried it for the first time this morning, can see it becoming a daily challenge.

Offline catweazle

Started today, got it in 4.  Tried to think of a good starting word with the most common letters in it.

Offline stevedave

Last 3 days I've got it in 4 every time. Can't seem to do any better than that.

Good way to get your brain working first thing in the morning.

Offline chandlerhandler

first attempt, 3 today, I don't expect that to happen very often though  :lol:

Offline Kool Keef

Suprisingly got it in 2, beginner's luck i'm sure.

Offline Gordon Bennett

4. Made hardwork of it today by rushing my second go and wasting a letter. I'm up to 13 not out though now. In past couple of days I've heard Wordle mentioned on radio and two articles in national press so it's becoming more and more known I think.

Offline Rick2468

5  guesses for me. And a 5 day streak.

Guess 1: 3 letters in incorrect place / 0 in correct place
Guess 2: 2 letters in incorrect place / 1 in correct place (used a word to try and work out where the 3 incorrect letters from Guess 1 should be)
Guess 3: 0 letter in incorrect place / 3 in correct place (again tried to work out where the 3 incorrect letters from Guess 1 should be)
Guess 4: 0 / 4
Guess 5: Correct answer

Offline conrod

I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now. 

Yesterday was hard.  Took 6 attempts.  Today was a lot easier, did in three.  Mainly get in 4.  I have got everyone so far but I almost caught out by the one with American spelling last week.

Online mr.bluesky

I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now. 

Yesterday was hard.  Took 6 attempts.  Today was a lot easier, did in three.  Mainly get in 4.  I have got everyone so far but I almost caught out by the one with American spelling last week.

Likewise I have managed to get them all so far but the American spelling one from a few days ago nearly caught me out.

Offline Dave33ws6

4 attempts today. Definitely helps if you get the correct letters straight away

Online mr.bluesky

5 attempts today,  I always aim to get it in 4  :dash:

Offline catweazle

Struggled with today's, finally getting it on 5. Phew!

Offline lillythesavage

3 today, 1green on first, 3 on second, though I did not use the first to eliminate letters, got it on third.

Offline Kool Keef

Took me 4 attempts today, was worried after the 2nd attempt i wasn't gonna get it at all.

Offline suttonporksword

I always feel a bit stupid when finally get the answer right as generally they are common words, doesnt feel like they are aiming to trip you up with a random word

Offline lillythesavage

I always feel a bit stupid when finally get the answer right as generally they are common words, doesnt feel like they are aiming to trip you up with a random word

Then it is working, they are using random words, just some are more popular than others :unknown:

Offline Rick2468

5 attempts today. I read an article that set out a good strategy for doing it so tried to use that and it almost backfired right in my face. Was worried I wasn't going to get it after fourth guess. I found a correct letter in the incorrect place and tried words with it in a different place and got it wrong 3 times so worked out where the letter should have been via process of elimination (already had identified a letter in its correct place so knew it wasn't there)!

Guess 1: 1 letter in correct place / 1 in incorrect place
Guess 2: 1 / 0
Guess 3: 1 / 3
Guess 4: 1 / 1 (urgh was going mad at this point)
Guess 5: Correct answer (phew)

Offline stevedave

Offline lillythesavage

5 attempts today. I read an article that set out a good strategy for doing it so tried to use that and it almost backfired right in my face. Was worried I wasn't going to get it after fourth guess. I found a correct letter in the incorrect place and tried words with it in a different place and got it wrong 3 times so worked out where the letter should have been via process of elimination (already had identified a letter in its correct place so knew it wasn't there)!

Guess 1: 1 letter in correct place / 1 in incorrect place
Guess 2: 1 / 0
Guess 3: 1 / 3
Guess 4: 1 / 1 (urgh was going mad at this point)
Guess 5: Correct answer (phew)

I now have a strategy I have hinted at, it seems to work to get a score of 3 or 4, but sometimes if there are lots of similar words with one different letter then it is pot luck and leads to 5 or maybe 6.

Do not want to put in words, some do not like spoilers.  :D

Offline Rick2468

I now have a strategy I have hinted at, it seems to work to get a score of 3 or 4, but sometimes if there are lots of similar words with one different letter then it is pot luck and leads to 5 or maybe 6.

Do not want to put in words, some do not like spoilers.  :D

There was one quirk about today's word that I had not seen before which nearly caught me out. Once I realised what it was my next guess was the right answer. I won't say what the quirk was for spoiler sake but if you played today I expect you know what I mean.

I think yesterday (might be day before that) I got the last four letters right and had to guess twice for first letter as could have been anything.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

There was one quirk about today's word that I had not seen before which nearly caught me out. Once I realised what it was my next guess was the right answer. I won't say what the quirk was for spoiler sake but if you played today I expect you know what I mean.

I think yesterday (might be day before that) I got the last four letters right and had to guess twice for first letter as could have been anything.
Yip. It had me scratching my head on 3 for a while until the eureka moment.
The bathroom floor took a bit of cleaning up though :D