Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Lockdown TV favourites  (Read 536 times)

Offline winkywanky

Well as we know things are pretty shitty at the moment.

But whether we're early retired, furloughed, out of a job, whatever, many more of us will be watching a lot more telly these days.

So, what are we watching which we wouldn't normally watch (or watch as much of)?

I'll go first  :P. Wheeler Dealers. Old and new ones are popping up, both on Quest and Discovery. The old ones are so old it's almost like watching for the first time. And they have lovely Edd China as the mechanic. Then for the latest ones Edd got ditched (I wonder what the real truth behind that was?) and Ant Anstead took over the workshop for the move to the USA. For me, the production has now lost a lot of its charm, it's way too polished now and the interaction between Mike Brewer and Ant is very contrived (not helped by the fact that neither are actors). Still enjoyable, purely for the cars though.

Another favourite is Repair Shop on the BBC. I absolutely love watching craftspeople do their very skilled thing. And some of the personal stories behind the restored items can bring a tear to the eye as well  :rolleyes:.

So, what are your Lockdown favourites?

Offline mr.bluesky

Saturday night tv is such a load of tripe but I have to admit I'm begining to actually enjoy the masked singer  :scare: (apart from that annoying twat Jonathon Woss) at least Rita Ora is easy on the eye. Lockdown has got to end soon otherwise god knows what other shite tv I'm going to start enjoying  :dash: surprising to see some very good non singers who turn out to be decent singers .Glen Hoodle for example ( I know he had a hit single with Chris Waddle yonks ago ) and John Thompson actor from the Fast Show wasn't bad.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:54:26 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Davey Dykes

Agreed The Repair Shop is the TV equipment of a huge, warm hug from a loved one. I have also loved Whitehouse and Mortimer gone fishing which has a very similar charm if a different flavour.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 04:35:43 pm by Davey Dykes »

Offline Kinkylondongent

The Serpent , The Queen's Gambit , Mandalorian .

Offline Pete123

Minder is good
The episodes with Dennis Waterman are much better than the later ones
Banned reason: Troll. I can’t take his shit anymore
Banned by: Kev40ish

Online Ghost89

I never tire of classics like Only fools and Horses and MASH.

Offline smiths

I have been buying some second hand boxsets off Amazon. Heartbeat-The Rowan Years which covers when it started in 1992 to when Nick Berry left in about 1998, 7 series. These early series aren't often shown on ITV3 where they show Heartbeat on weekdays.

The Complete New Tricks, all 12 series, they show some on Drama but like with Heartbeat I wanted the dvd boxsets.

Offline Milfman1112

England v Scotland six nations was good today.......

Sorry couldn't resist.

Offline lamboman

England v Scotland six nations was good today.......

Sorry couldn't resist.

Made my weekend and I'm Welsh.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline winkywanky

Everyone hates the English, we're used to it  :P.

Revenge will be extra sweet though  ;).

Offline willie loman

yet another example of the lack of crowd producing odd results.

Offline mr.bluesky

Made my weekend and I'm Welsh.

Wales have been so bad at Rugby the past 12 months you've gotta cheer for someone else  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

To be honest Willie as an England Rugby fan I don't think having a crowd there would make any difference Scotland were just the better team and had a  game plan which they executed perfectly

Offline winkywanky

I dunno, a very lacklustre England were simply outplayed by a superior Scottish side  :unknown:

Offline willie loman

I dunno, a very lacklustre England were simply outplayed by a superior Scottish side  :unknown:

i didnt watch it, just put a bet on england, back in the day, it was free money.

Offline winkywanky

i didnt watch it, just put a bet on england, back in the day, it was free money.

You're Scottish and you put a bet on an England side which then lost to Scotland?

willie, do you not realise just how wrong that is on so many levels?  :lol:

Offline lamboman

Wales have been so bad at Rugby the past 12 months you've gotta cheer for someone else  :D

Everybody supports Englands opponents to be fair  :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:10:12 pm by lamboman »

Offline lamboman

You're Scottish and you put a bet on an England side which then lost to Scotland?

Very short odds as well.

Offline willie loman

years ago i heard about some business man in glagow who always bet against rangers when they were playing in europe, it gave me the idea.

Offline winkywanky

years ago i heard about some business man in glagow who always bet against rangers when they were playing in europe, it gave me the idea.

:lol: :lol: I bet he was a successful businessman too.

Offline Milfman1112

Don't think it would have made a difference, Scotland were actually good today, England just never found thier game, be nice if we can win in the football to but that is really really doubtful.....

Offline willie loman

Very short odds as well.

in the colosseum, christians v the lions were short odds, Scotland have never beaten the all blacks, they have drawn once.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 09:07:28 pm by willie loman »

Online WDFORTE

I have been buying some second hand boxsets off Axxxxxx. Heartbeat-The Rowan Years which covers when it started in 1992 to when Nick Berry left in about 1998, 7 series. These early series aren't often shown on ITV3 where they show Heartbeat on weekdays.

The Complete New Tricks, all 12 series, they show some on Drama but like with Heartbeat I wanted the dvd boxsets.

Liked all the Heartbeat episodes, also Where the heart is; another firm favourite.  I managed to watch some of 'He's the gaffer' with Bill Maynard (Heartbeat).  Back when telly was good.
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 09:25:09 pm by WDFORTE »

Offline mills_and_bhuna

I think I saw him today.
The cardboard box he was sitting on has seen better days

Online Ghost89

Perhaps a separate thread for 6 Nations?

Online WARSZAWA16

Started watching One Foot In The Grave as Yesterday are showing them all from the beginning in blocks of 3 on Tuesday nights. I had not seen a lot of them and felt they were very well written (David Renwick) with quite dark humour in places. Worryingly I find I can quite relate to some of it. Quite like Annette Crosbie too.     

Offline myothernameis

Any of the law & order programs
Discovery of witches
Dragon Ball super, shown on pop tv
Colombo
Grimm, repeated on 5vusa

Offline Dave33ws6

Homes Under The Hammer
Escape To The Country

Offline mr.bluesky

Bargain Hunt. ( Only if Christina Trevalion is on it though)  :rose:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online Ghost89

Curb your enthusiasm. Pretty pretty pretty good!