Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Viewing topics/threads  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Clattypats

Quite like the fact we can see who is viewing certain topics/threads now, near the top of the page, rather than just see everyone that is online. Unless I've missed it the last 4 years somehow :wacko: I'm taking it this is a new feature...

Although I'm quite surprised (or am I :sarcastic:) the amount of usernames I've clicked on that have been members for years and don't have a single post between them... :rolleyes:

I actually like the fact of posting/reviewing to help fellow members (that do post) out, but its a bit of a pisser to think these lurkers/leeches are benefiting aswell... :dash:

I know the new admin team have bigger problems they are trying to solve at the moment and good luck to them :hi: but I'm sure on another thread they have hinted in due course they will be dealing with these types... Maybe some "food for thought" for anyone falling into that category... :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:09:23 am by Clattypats »

Offline whiskyfan

Quite like the fact we can see who is viewing certain topics/threads now, near the top of the page, rather than just see everyone that is online. Unless I've missed it the last 4 years somehow :wacko: I'm taking it this is a new feature...

Although I'm quite surprised (or am I :sarcastic:) the amount of usernames I've clicked on that have been members for years and don't have a single post between them... :rolleyes:

I actually like the fact of posting/reviewing to help fellow members (that do post) out, but its a bit of a pisser to think these lurkers/leeches are benefiting aswell... :dash:

I know the new admin team have bigger problems they are trying to solve at the moment and good luck to them :hi: but I'm sure on another thread they have hinted in due course they will be dealing with these types... Maybe some "food for thought" for anyone falling into that category... :)

Removal of useless accounts has already started

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=253116.msg2583199#msg2583199

Plus there's a new rule coming which sounds like it will sort out the lurkers and leeches.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252680.msg2601183#msg2601183

Offline Clattypats

Plus there's a new rule coming which sounds like it will sort out the lurkers and leeches.

Cheers for the links :hi:.. they're the posts I seen, just didn't have time to find and stick links up... Well, like I've said, all the ones that fall into that category might get a "short sharp shock" at one point. .. Tough shit to they wallopers I say! ...  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:15:48 pm by Clattypats »

Online Glesgaboy

I’m with you guys. 👊
Support the fuckers  :lol:
... not the leeches.  :thumbsdown:

Online randyscot2015

Well if admin gonna start deleting profiles hope its gonna be based on reviews and not post count. I dont have much to say but will share info on my punts. Or do i need to start spamming threads to get my post count up?  :unknown:

Offline whiskyfan

Well if admin gonna start deleting profiles hope its gonna be based on reviews and not post count. I dont have much to say but will share info on my punts. Or do i need to start spamming threads to get my post count up?  :unknown:

No doubt they'll work out some kind of criteria but with 8 reviews and a post:review ratio of under 2:1 I'd imagine you'd be pretty safe. :hi:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:30:24 pm by whiskyfan »

Offline Clattypats

Only Admin will decide what fits that criteria I suppose... I would go along with what Whiskyfan has said being a possibility, although regularity "may"  be a basis...  :unknown:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:41:18 pm by Clattypats »

Offline Prof O lactic

Only Admin will decide what fits that criteria I suppose... I would go along with what Whiskyfan has said being a possibility, although regularity "may"  be a basis...  :unknown:
I never punted during my married years ,  or whenever I had  a full time partner,  so regularity is dead in the water,  unless this is for singletons only. But its admins call obviously.   :hi:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:24:09 pm by Prof O lactic »

Offline Clattypats

I never punted during my married years ,  or whenever I had  a full time partner,  so regularity is dead in the water,  unless this is for singletons only. But its admins call obviously.   :hi:
Maybe not so much about punting, as posting then... So punters that are married don't see WGs, of course they do... How it gets defined by admin(s) is obviously up to them... Whether that be timescale, regularity of posting/reviews etc...

Offline DoctorSalchicha

This is good stuff, I've been involved in many video games forums in the past and one thing they ask you to do is always that you get active in the forum... 30 days trial they give to all and if you don't get involved or contribute in anything, then the account  gets banned. Hopefully they will implement something like that in here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:57:56 pm by DoctorSalchicha »

Offline myothernameis

Due to health, and money issues, I rarely punt, and my last punt was May 2018, but have a few reviews, but more than some members.

So wonder what admin will bring in, and will long term members, be going, hope not

Offline myothernameis

Quite like the fact we can see who is viewing certain topics/threads now

I like this addition, but now does it mean a troll might get called out earlier, as we can see who viewing the topic, and most of them yesterday viewing the Scottish board had 0 posts

Offline Clattypats

I like this addition, but now does it mean a troll might get called out earlier, as we can see who viewing the topic, and most of them yesterday viewing the Scottish board had 0 posts
Never at any point in this thread have I mentioned "troll"... Let alone, getting called out... That's a seperate issue.. Believe I said Lurkers/leeches...  :hi:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:51:51 am by Clattypats »

Offline seeker

I think it would be a great idea that people who dont contribute useful information
get blocked after a predetermined amount of  time ..
Im ok sharing info with other punters who also share  :hi:

Offline auldie63

I live alone and am chronically lonely, now I get this new thing telling me that, as at this minute, I am the only one reading these posts. Boo Hoo so sad  :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :hi:

Offline suckmyglock

I’m sure these accounts with no posts are probably WGs logging to check themselves or others. Since they can’t see the posts without logging in.

Offline whiskyfan

I’m sure these accounts with no posts are probably WGs logging to check themselves or others. Since they can’t see the posts without logging in.

Some will be, others will be punters doing their research but with no intention of ever giving anything back to the community. I was on here over a year before I posted my first review. Always intended to contribute more but at the time didn't really have much to add. If timings had been different I might well have been part of the useless profile cull. Old Admin never really bothered about the fact the vast majority of the membership were non contributing but it appears the new management may take a different view.

Offline Bobby29

A bit difficult to review when you're not allowed to!

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Who says you're not allowed to.   :unknown:  everybody can post a review, just go to the review board of your area and click 'new review'.

Online Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Looking forward to your first review.

Follow this link to show you how to post it.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=253324.0

Offline whiskyfan

It's a forum glitch that's affecting everybody but as pointed out above you are allowed to review and there's a sticky thread on the main board showing how to avoid the glitch.

No excuse now, so look forward to your first review. :hi:

Offline Bobby29

So how is a newcomer supposed to know that "Post review" means "Don't post review", whereas "New review" means "Post review."  Glitches are one thing, but misleading buttons are quite another.

Offline Bobby29

PS "Misleading buttons" is my new favourite nom-de-guerre.  Will be posting soon.

Offline whiskyfan

So how is a newcomer supposed to know that "Post review" means "Don't post review", whereas "New review" means "Post review."  Glitches are one thing, but misleading buttons are quite another.

The same way everyone else found out, they read the sticky threads at the top of the main board. That's why they're stuck there as important information sources.

Offline myothernameis

Never at any point in this thread have I mentioned "troll"... Let alone, getting called out... That's a seperate issue.. Believe I said Lurkers/leeches...  :hi:

I was talking in general, as we can see who watching the threads, and there post count

On another forum, they have colour coding, for different types of members, so admins, mods, new members, and long standing members

Up The Manor

Fix it then

Offline globewindsailor

Old admin certaintly were no liberals when it came to banning people and I don't see new admin being any different. If they want to get rid of lurkers then they must be confident this will generate an increase of active users, but of course they could equally decrease the membership of the board to an extend footfall, new blood and activity declines. Turning it into a private members club. Which of course would please many of the people here including the OP who is one of many I have frequently seen berate people when they make posts. The OP has himself previously said he enjoys looking people up through posts, reviews and AW feedback. The Scottish board is not a friendly place so I'd encourage admin to look into that if it wants to encourage engagement. People don't always want to post their business online and promotion of a safe enviroment to go so rather that of witchhunting is the best way to do so.

Offline Clattypats

The OP has himself previously said he enjoys looking people up through posts, reviews and AW feedback.
Can you stick a link up and quote me on where I've said this exactly, because I don't think you can... Or is it more of a conclusion you've came to... :rolleyes:

Here's a wee example for you aswell: Everyone becomes a member on here, doesn't post or leave reviews... Wouldnt be much of a fucking site would it!

Apart from my own thoughts, my OP was also partially based on posts from admin(s) I had read on the "stickies" on the main board... Maybe you should read the threads, before you start whining...  :cry:

Offline whiskyfan

Old admin certaintly were no liberals when it came to banning people and I don't see new admin being any different. If they want to get rid of lurkers then they must be confident this will generate an increase of active users, but of course they could equally decrease the membership of the board to an extend footfall, new blood and activity declines. Turning it into a private members club. Which of course would please many of the people here including the OP who is one of many I have frequently seen berate people when they make posts. The OP has himself previously said he enjoys looking people up through posts, reviews and AW feedback. The Scottish board is not a friendly place so I'd encourage admin to look into that if it wants to encourage engagement. People don't always want to post their business online and promotion of a safe enviroment to go so rather that of witchhunting is the best way to do so.

What would this forum be without people contribute reviews? There would be nothing for the lurkers to leech off.

Offline Clattypats

What would this forum be without people contribute reviews? There would be nothing for the lurkers to leech off.
Thank you :hi:... He basically epitomises what my OP was about...

Offline whiskyfan

Thank you :hi:... He basically epitomises what my OP was about...

No worries. Have had similar arguments many times on another forum and had the same shit thrown back at me. :hi: Forums die without meaningful contributions and everybody loses as a result.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:27:47 pm by whiskyfan »

Offline whiskyfan

Site rules have been updated, see number 27.

27 Lurking / Dormant Accounts
Members that do not contribute Reviews or where their accounts become dormant may have their membership revoked.

JamesFD

I don't have the sightest interest in who is reading a topic but if this is to be displayed I wish it was located at the bottom of the page not the top. If you select an active board you sometimes have to scroll down half a screen to find the first post. 

Offline tomato sauce and waffles

I suggest to add a expand and collapse functionality to the viewing threads feature. There could be a situation where many people are viewing a thread that would make the top forum page look messy. Or maybe it's better to put it at the bottom of the forum page? Just to make things look cleaner.

Up The Manor

I don't have the sightest interest in who is reading a topic but if this is to be displayed I wish it was located at the bottom of the page not the top. If you select an active board you sometimes have to scroll down half a screen to find the first post.
Tough. That's how it works.

Up The Manor

I suggest to add a expand and collapse functionality to the viewing threads feature. There could be a situation where many people are viewing a thread that would make the top forum page look messy. Or maybe it's better to put it at the bottom of the forum page? Just to make things look cleaner.
Feel free to make that change.