Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Reviews  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Locallad1

Whilst this is a site for reviews its also a site for sharing and contributing to various punting related topics.  I notice that the intolerant on the forum almost without question are rude to anyone who has not posted an actual review. There are numerous reasons for not posting a review including not having anything to review yet.

OldAdmin

Yes as I said before, some members seem to have lost their minds, doing it in every thread, every day, every week, even to members who've made hundred of posts.
Ironically I've seen some who themselves have barely posted a review in a while.

vw

Offline PeachyAssFan

Ditto VW.
Somewhat ironic use of Jean Claude Juncker avatar, by the OP. who said Teresa May was “nebulous” the other day. :)

Offline Waterhouse

Whilst your point is valid, very valid - I myself have been guilty for pulling up newbs on this - contribution is what counts here. There are plenty of members who have not posted a review but have made the effort and contributed. Some of of it useful, some of it not so useful, and some of it well deserving of the rebuttal it attracts. 

I myself am not a seasoned or veteran punter, for me it's not a numbers game or about variety and/or trying someone new. In fact I pretty much only see the same lady for my 'meets'.  But I do try and contribute positively where I can and pitch in with observations, local knowledge, any experience I have benefited from, and from time to time the odd bit of humour and sarcasm.

However, although you have not posted a review in the 18 months you've been a registered member here, neither have any of your posts actually contributed positively to the forum or contained any substance to be of use to your fellow members here. All you've done is latch on to a few forum threads and posted some inane, glib one-line responses that amount to sweet FA.

Why not try actually contributing positively - doesn't have to be a review- instead of preaching and become a useful part of the forum rather than just whinging?

Just a thought, eh?

Offline peter purves

Yes as I said before, some members seem to have lost their minds, doing it in every thread, every day, every week, even to members who've made hundred of posts.
Ironically I've seen some who themselves have barely posted a review in a while.

So Spoke Admin...

I was looking for your previous post about how you set up this site to give out information for free, without seeking anything in return etc etc

Thank You for efforts :hi:

I think the underlying issue behind reviews is that it's generally not in the human nature to give something away for free and to seek nothing in return. As my mind goes back to my previous post on TOFFT.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:04:49 am by peter purves »
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Online qetzl

Yes as I said before, some members seem to have lost their minds

I think it really kicked off around the time where members were automatically graded into different groups based on post/review history. At that point it was kind of tacitly approved that members where of two classes: those who did post and contribute, and everyone else is an underclass, and the forum now accepts that even as a system.

Offline cueball

I do prefer reviewing members as I (in my delusion :D) feel I'm sharing info then. But, I don't get bent double over non reviewers, I like input in all kinds, then i can reply and interact.

That doesn't cover the leeches who just post for recommendations, they get all my help in searches  :lol:  :scare:

Stevensmiles

I agree with quite a lot that’s been said.

In an equal world we would all get on and peace would reign.
But it ain’t is it.
As someone said. It’s in our nature to quantify ourselves in some kind of pecking order.

“I’ve done more reviews than you, I’ve posted more than you so there”

Then of course there are those who simply think themselves better than others and can’t wait to jump into a thread, no matter how inane it is. Then spout some kind of sarcastic or abusive tirade to show how big and tough they are.

Oh wait a minute. Scratch that last sentence...... that’s me.  :D

James999

It's a pissing contest for some of the newer members or insecure ones, they call out others constantly in a weird attempt to raise their own status, whinging at people for not doing enough reviews or posting often enough and constantly reporting such shit to Admin (Beamer is a prime example), if they had been around a bit longer and understood the site better they would understand that the site was built and operated and reviews were added at a later date.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:16:15 am by James999 »

Offline Boinky

I'll admit to pulling members up for not contributing but it's after I've looked through their post history and seen all they do is ask for information on this girl or that girl, but give nothing away other than latch onto a review to agree or disagree with someone they've seen, if even that.

If everyone on the forum did sweet FA like many do, keeping all their information to themselves, there would be no forum.

James999

I'll admit to pulling members up for not contributing but

You've only been here a short time, the site worked fine before you arrived, and Admin has a good grasp on free flowing moderation, if everyone started to deride others for their posting history the site would become very boring, and of course it would discourage members from posting.

Why not PM admin and ask him to make you a moderator to show support for how you feel the site should be run.  :hi:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:32:09 am by James999 »

Online southcoastpunter

Personally, I don't have an issue with asking new members to contribute first but I think the main issue is with the WAY its done. When I first joined I asked a question and Marmalade pointed out it would be better to contribute first before asking for information.

That was good constructive advice which I had no problem with as he did it politely and in a non argumentative or confrontational way.

James999

Personally, I don't have an issue with asking new members to contribute first .

But why should you decide how the site is run, if Admin wanted the site to operate on that basis it would be in the rules, and often a question can lead to an interesting thread  :unknown:

Stop trying to make the site "Sterile" and fitting to your desired format, it's that controlling type of moderation that was a key driver in this site being formed in the first place,  as a breakaway from pro$$ienet, and now we have newbies trying to change this site  :dash:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:15:11 am by James999 »

Stevensmiles

I don’t think new members are trying to change anything in any way shape or form.
Everyone was new once and in being so will have to get used to forum protocols etc.

I’ve punted for a number of years and will contribute as much as I can. I might tend to be a tad sarcastic sometimes but I hope I don’t come across like others who are simply downright abusive on occasions.
Face to face they would probably be as timid as mice.

I’d love to review more but as a lot of my punts were in the dark ages I see no point in celebrating my positives when the WG in question is no longer on the scene. But I shall post more as time goes on.

In the meantime I’ll use the sites information to my advantage and give back as expected.

Cheers to admin for keeping it going. My involvement with another board made me realise the difficulties involved. Good on yeh for running a free and incredibly useful resource.

James999

I don’t think new members are trying to change anything in any way shape or form..

As a newbie yourself that would be awkward for you to judge, but the site didn't start out with cross questioning every newbies first post, or questioning amount of posts or reviews (that didn't exist in the outset)

It's a bit like White Knights, t's become an overused phrase on here  :hi:

James999

And the IDIOT who is TheOwl decides this thread is worthy of a report to Admin, FFS how tightly moderated and controlled do some twats want to make this site  :dash:

SeekingtheTruth

As long as there is a contribution does it really matter if it is as a review or not?

I know this is a forum and pretty much everyone is a stranger to each other but some people just aren't prepared to put themselves out there like that on a review and take potential criticism for the choice of girl, how much they paid or even for how they have written the review.

How many reviews someone has written doesn't matter to me, the contribution as a whole is what I look for.

Offline Donkey

I reckon this is why the OP started this thread. We got a new reviewer in the EM. Most people thanked him for his contribution and his first review. And the OP with his zero reviews and zero contribution comments “yawn”. So it seems he didn’t like the comments aimed at him after that

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=233309.0

James999

I reckon this is why the OP started this thread. We got a new reviewer in the EM. Most people thanked him for his contribution and his first review. And the OP with his zero reviews and zero contribution comments “yawn”. So it seems he didn’t like the comments aimed at him after that

Oh, the OP does come across as a bit of a cunt in that thread  :thumbsdown:

satyromaniac

I find this forum funny, informative and helpful.
When I 1st joined I was a bit wary of posting anything before writing a review as a lot of threads I read from new members were full of other members jumping down there throats about leeching etc

So I got a review up, but then I noticed certain members have hundreds of posts some have even thousands of posts and been members for years, without doing a single review.
 So I kinda relaxed a bit and don’t see it as a big deal. I Will try and be helpful to new members when they ask questions, but only when I have some relevant input.
Of course on any internet platform you will have people that have a power complex. Where being behind a keyboard and monitor makes them feel safe so they can be as abusive as they want. 
Whereas in reality I imagine those same people are most probably quite introvert and wouldn’t like any kind of confrontation in the real world.

Offline Waterhouse

When I 1st joined I was a bit wary of posting anything before writing a review as a lot of threads I read from new members were full of other members jumping down there throats about leeching etc

So I got a review up, but then I noticed certain members have hundreds of posts some have even thousands of posts and been members for years, without doing a single review.
 So I kinda relaxed a bit and don’t see it as a big deal. I Will try and be helpful to new members when they ask questions, but only when I have some relevant input.
Of course on any internet platform you will have people that have a power complex. Where being behind a keyboard and monitor makes them feel safe so they can be as abusive as they want. 
Whereas in reality I imagine those same people are most probably quite introvert and wouldn’t like any kind of confrontation in the real world.
Can't think who that could be.  :rolleyes:

satyromaniac

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:36:42 pm by satyromaniac »

Offline Beamer

I noticed certain members have hundreds of posts some have even thousands of posts and been members for years, without doing a single review.

:hi: :hi: :hi:

vw

Op seems a bit mixed up, the sort of member he is moaning about. 

Offline peter purves

I agree with quite a lot that’s been said.

In an equal world we would all get on and peace would reign.
But it ain’t is it.
As someone said. It’s in our nature to quantify ourselves in some kind of pecking order.

“I’ve done more reviews than you, I’ve posted more than you so there”

Then of course there are those who simply think themselves better than others and can’t wait to jump into a thread, no matter how inane it is. Then spout some kind of sarcastic or abusive tirade to show how big and tough they are.

Oh wait a minute. Scratch that last sentence...... that’s me. :D

:D

It's all of us!!  ;)
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mrfishyfoo

Absolutely fucking hilarious IMHO !!!

FFS what did he expect ??  :unknown: :unknown:

....that we'd all slap his back and big him up for being a twat ??  :dash: :dash:

Online kuck

I've been called a cunt for not passing review count purity tests. While not perfect, adding users to the ignore list has helped.

I think I have started enjoying it. I look with glee at new posts by impure users, and wait for the onslaught. God save them if they asked a question after years of lurking  :lol: :D

Innocente

I think some member commented on the fact I didn't have a review like a few hours after I registered here.  :unknown:
Plenty of lurkers I guess but I think contribution should be appreciated in a forum as much as the review.
Also, some reviews are unreadable..not much help from those in my opinion.

Offline mrfishyfoo

I've been called a cunt for not passing review count purity tests. While not perfect, adding users to the ignore list has helped.

I think I have started enjoying it. I look with glee at new posts by impure users, and wait for the onslaught. God save them if they asked a question after years of lurking  :lol: :D

HILARIOUS !!!!  :hi: :hi:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:40:55 pm by mrfishyfoo »

Offline NigelF

You've only been here a short time, the site worked fine before you arrived, and Admin has a good grasp on free flowing moderation, if everyone started to deride others for their posting history the site would become very boring, and of course it would discourage members from posting.

Why not PM admin and ask him to make you a moderator to show support for how you feel the site should be run.  :hi:

I have no doubt the site previously worked fine (and was the best punting site by far) but the reviews section was obviously introduced for a reason and the site is even better now. This site benefits from more info and the best, most comprehensive way to share info is in the form of a full review. It's often the easiest to find/search for too. Of course not all reviews are good (but it's often a decent start) and it's not the only way info can be shared but, when discussing a particular WG, only rarely is a post as helpful as a full review.

if everyone started to deride others for their posting history the site would become very boring, and of course it would discourage members from posting.

I find it very hard to believe that pointing out someone's lack of reviews is as discouraging as many of your posts are (to be clear, I don't have an issue with either).

But why should you decide how the site is run, if Admin wanted the site to operate on that basis it would be in the rules, and often a question can lead to an interesting thread  :unknown:

Stop trying to make the site "Sterile" and fitting to your desired format, it's that controlling type of moderation that was a key driver in this site being formed in the first place,  as a breakaway from pro$$ienet, and now we have newbies trying to change this site  :dash:

Neither he (nor Boinky who you quoted previously) seemed to be trying to "decide how the site should be run". They simply stated some opinions (which were nowhere near being even polite suggestions) and you rather ironically seem to have an issue with how they did it.

You are literally doing exactly what you wrongly accused them of doing. Once could easily say you should stop trying to make this site "fit your desired format" etc.

Offline mrfishyfoo

I have no doubt the site previously worked fine (and was the best punting site by far) but the reviews section was obviously introduced for a reason and the site is even better now. This site benefits from more info and the best, most comprehensive way to share info is in the form of a full review. It's often the easiest to find/search for too. Of course not all reviews are good (but it's often a decent start) and it's not the only way info can be shared but, when discussing a particular WG, only rarely is a post as helpful as a full review.

+1  :hi: :hi:

Offline LLPunting

- Site ethos & mission

The site serves as a platform to help punters (sex buyers) exchange info and make more informed decisions about the purchase of sexual services. The site puts the interests of punters first. The site is totally independent (from service providers) with no vested interests. The site does not generate any income or take donations and runs at a loss, covered by the site owner. The site owner is a single male person who is not involved in prostitution in any way except as a purchaser of sex while residing in the UK 2007-2012. The site owner does not gain from prostitution in any way, monetary or otherwise, from this site or any other site, online or offline.

Above should be familiar to all from the top of the Site Rules, so taking this to heart non-contributors of useful information about available SPs are not helping the community this site is intended for.  Presumptious, selfish noobs get a noticeable cuff to the ego in keeping with the barely hairy teen entering the saloon with too much cock in his step.  The longer the loitering (and leeching) and lack of useful participation the more vociferous the put downs just like the entitled sponger who comes begging for fags, favours and drinks.

Looking at OP's history he's posted pretty much ZERO useful information to assist even one other punter.  This isn't some libtard paradise, people who perpetuate and perpetrate the "Don't Tell" credo of leeching should be vigorously challenged about their continued exploitation of this community resource.

James999

You are literally doing exactly what you wrongly accused them of doing. Once could easily say you should stop trying to make this site "fit your desired format" etc.

Not at all, I'm suggesting it's run the way Admin set it up in his desired format  :hi:

If Admin wanted to persecute people for their post / review count or whatever then he will do so, he doesn't require self appointed moderators to harass others on such matters, as if it's some sort of pissing contest.

If you are that set on changes why not create your own site  :hi:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:24:22 am by James999 »

Offline puntingpumping1920

You're a funny guy
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

mrhappypants

Not at all, I'm suggesting it's run the way Admin set it up in his desired format  :hi:

If Admin wanted to persecute people for their post / review count or whatever then he will do so, he doesn't require self appointed moderators to harass others on such matters, as if it's some sort of pissing contest.

Broader point aside James999, in the quote above you are speaking like Admin's spokesman and this is not the first time you have presumed to speak in such a tone.  I assume from the fact that you do not publish reviews, do not contribute much constructive to the forum that I can see and yet continue to be tolerated here that you have some kind of a gig with Admin.  It would be helpful to me and the other laity here be told what this is and how your contributions should be treated.  If Admin cautions me it is clear.  If you voice a criticism do you speak on Admins behalf or are you "just" another member? 

Offline Beamer

Broader point aside James999, in the quote above you are speaking like Admin's spokesman and this is not the first time you have presumed to speak in such a tone.  I assume from the fact that you do not publish reviews, do not contribute much constructive to the forum that I can see and yet continue to be tolerated here that you have some kind of a gig with Admin.  It would be helpful to me and the other laity here be told what this is and how your contributions should be treated.  If Admin cautions me it is clear.  If you voice a criticism do you speak on Admins behalf or are you "just" another member?

+1

Offline NigelF

No one in this thread has anywhere near remotely suggested changes to this site or it's moderation. I haven't asked admin to persecute people for their review or post counts but likewise I don't have a problem with people pointing out someone's lack of contributions, as long as they're being fair/reasonable.

Offline BarneyBubbles

I'm a relatively new member and only have a couple of reviews posted...this is really down to my fussiness these days in only having a couple if regulars and, more importantly, lack of cash at the moment.   I must admit to finding the tone of some of the non-review critics quite harsh on the newbies.  It runs the risk of putting off new blood to a great forum.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:05 am by BarneyBubbles »

James999

No one in this thread has anywhere near remotely suggested changes to this site or it's moderation.

Exactly, they have just implemented them, read admins comment above.

mrhappypants

Exactly, they have just implemented them, read admins comment above.

Once again James999 you appear to be speaking for Admin.  Are you self-appointed or are you doing this at his direction?

vw

Once again James999 you appear to be speaking for Admin.  Are you self-appointed or are you doing this at his direction?

I don't see anyobe speaking for admin, he does that well himself.  Seems some members are very intrigued by james though.

Offline Boinky

Let's not forget that Admin himself, quite recently, started restricting access to areas of the site for members who weren't contributing.

SeekingtheTruth

Let's not forget that Admin himself, quite recently, started restricting access to areas of the site for members who weren't contributing.

He also said

On this very thread.

Offline Boinky

Exactly, but he's not saying he's disapproving of it, just that some members are going over the score.

Maybe he does disapprove of it, but the fact that he himself implemented a system to encourage members to actively contribute or be locked out means at the time he felt something needed done.

I don't think everyone needs to review, that's never going to happen, but only posting requesting information or to say you also had a shite punt 6 months ago with someone who was unreviewed until someone bothered to give her a Negative isn't helping anyone.

James999

If for a moment you thought that was true you'd be hitting the report button, the reality is you're still smarting from when you were previously chastised  :sarcastic:

mrhappypants

If for a moment you thought that was true you'd be hitting the report button, the reality is you're still smarting from when you were previously chastised  :sarcastic:

It is a simple question James; has Admin given you any kind of permission to speak on his behalf?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:07:41 pm by mrhappypants »

Offline LLPunting

Exactly, but he's not saying he's disapproving of it, just that some members are going over the score.

Maybe he does disapprove of it, but the fact that he himself implemented a system to encourage members to actively contribute or be locked out means at the time he felt something needed done.

I don't think everyone needs to review, that's never going to happen, but only posting requesting information or to say you also had a shite punt 6 months ago with someone who was unreviewed until someone bothered to give her a Negative isn't helping anyone.

+1

Offline LLPunting

I'm a relatively new member and only have a couple of reviews posted...this is really down to my fussiness these days in only having a couple if regulars and, more importantly, lack of cash at the moment.   I must admit to finding the tone of some of the non-review critics quite harsh on the newbies.  It runs the risk of putting off new blood to a great forum.

Punting is not for the timid, if one can't handle being challenged for not pulling (some of) one's weight then one isn't cut out for much of life, let alone punting.
Resilience is essential in punting even if you try to only see reviewed SPs.

James999

It is a simple question James.  Has Admin given you any kind of permission to speak on his behalf?

Not seen your report, looks just like more sour grapes from you   :sarcastic: