Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Lack of details in reviews.  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Sparta Prada

There’s been a lot of chatter about UKP members who don’t review, and that’s been covered in a lot of other threads. What do you think about UKP members who don’t give much info in their reviews?

Dr Conners has picked someone up on their recent review here: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=269164.msg2750104#msg2750104

UKP reviewer Vice Admiral starts his reviews stating why he doesn’t offer details in his reviews. Here’s one review where I asked why he doesn’t give more info: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=255962.0

I do wonder why anyone would write a review without really saying much about what happened? Are they doing this as a way of getting someone to respond?

I really can’t fathom out why someone would write a review, without actually reviewing the experience.

Offline signy

I think you cover it in your first sentence. People here are put under pressure to provide reviews to be a proper part of the board community. However, there will be people who don't want to review, or aren't confident writers, and end up writing something poor just to do a review. Whilst I think everyone should contribute, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of those that don't, and not call them out in every thread.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:51:49 pm by signy »

Offline bdyno

Whilst I think everyone should contribute, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of those that don't, and not call them out in every thread.
I totally agree with this, there does seem to be a habit here of unnecessarily victimising the guys who haven't posted reviews, which probably leads to them not wanting to contribute.  It's also worth noting that many of these guys probably do contribute in other ways, by providing additional comments and info on existing reviews or recommendations.

I get why the people who post multiple repeated threads without contributing anything useful at all are harrassed at times, but that should be reserved for the true idiots, not just people who haven't actively posted a review.

Offline tesla

All reviews are subjective so must be read with that in mind. Also I think some reviews are written as if the punter is reviewing his performance not that of the service provider eg ego boosting

Offline GingerNuts

People here are put under pressure to provide reviews to be a proper part of the board community. However, there will be people who don't want to review, or aren't confident writers, and end up writing something poor just to do a review. Whilst I think everyone should contribute, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of those that don't, and not call them out in every thread.

I totally agree with this, there does seem to be a habit here of unnecessarily victimising the guys who haven't posted reviews, which probably leads to them not wanting to contribute.  It's also worth noting that many of these guys probably do contribute in other ways, by providing additional comments and info on existing reviews or recommendations.

I get why the people who post multiple repeated threads without contributing anything useful at all are harrassed at times, but that should be reserved for the true idiots, not just people who haven't actively posted a review.

I'm sure you've both read the forum rules and reviews are expected. Posting poor reviews to meet that requirement could even be considered worse than not posting any at all.

Offline Hobbit

I think you cover it in your first sentence. People here are put under pressure to provide reviews to be a proper part of the board community. However, there will be people who don't want to review, or aren't confident writers, and end up writing something poor just to do a review. Whilst I think everyone should contribute, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of those that don't, and not call them out in every thread.

It's got nothing to do with people being confident writers. To write a review you don't need to be an author. It just takes a few lines to say what the services were provided, girls' appearance, quality of service et cetera. It's not rocket science!

The reason why people don't write reviews is that some of them are scared of hookers and worry about being found out.

Obviously, there are some that don't use adultwork and use SA more now and therefore writing reviews would not be possible for SA girls due to obvious reasons.

Offline hockogrockle

I agree with this to a large degree.Some brief reviews are clearly posted by people with poor literacy skills for whom even the sketchy contribution must have been an effort. However, there are some people who never post reviews, but prove themselves more than capable of posting extensive and numerous contributions on other topics.
The core activity of this site, in my view, is reviewing service providers. Without those reviews this site would be nothing. A site devoted to the moral philosophy of punting would be a minority interest, to put it charitably. So people who are capable of writing fluently really ought to be contributing to the site's "core business".
And finally, my "pet hate": people who join the site and make their first post something like "Anybody know any slim non-Romanian girls who give good blowjobs in Aylesbury?" Parasites!

Offline Chorley

I'd agree with this mostly.  :)

I think that some scant reviews can come across as touting, so perhaps understandable that some members will be suspicious :unknown:

However, I think it can go to he other way, were you post what is an informative review and then get some belligerent twat  demanding.the most intimate of details and questioning your rating.  :dash:

I've actually blocked people because because of this, which makes life easier, as I really haven't got time to be dealing with these fuckwits. :thumbsup:

Offline The Film Director

It's got nothing to do with people being confident writers. To write a review you don't need to be an author. It just takes a few lines to say what the services were provided, girls' appearance, quality of service et cetera. It's not rocket science!

+1

Offline Beamer

I'm sure you've both read the forum rules and reviews are expected. Posting poor reviews to meet that requirement could even be considered worse than not posting any at all.

Absolutely agree with this.
The forum rules say it all.
1 Site ethos / mission
This Forum puts the interests of Punters first through the sharing of Reviews. The Forum does not endorse or promote any service provider or any other site. This site is totally independent. No favoritism, no special treatment, no vested interests and no  pandering to service providers. Members are expected to post Reviews although there is no formal quota (see rule 27). General chat relating to Punting is allowed on the appropriate Board.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:16:08 pm by Beamer »

Offline pewpewpew

I read the example review in the first post. Adds nothing to the site. Benefits nobody other than giving the WG a +ve count on her rating. Pointless if you ask me as we learn nothing other than this guy enjoyed himself. Maybe he enjoys getting kicked in the balls but that's not for everybody.

Offline bdyno

I totally get that, and agree it's the primary reason for most of us to be here.  I just think people should be more tolerant to those who haven't yet.  You see numerous threads where someone who is yet to post a review gets hassle for not doing one when there could be good reason for it.  Some threads reach the point where it's arguable this rule could come in to play:

23 Abuse towards other members
Discord must be kept civil. Excessive abuse/swearing is not acceptable. "You're acting like a twat" is not excessive, however, "you're a fucking inbred cunt" is excessive and is not acceptable. Bullying will result in a ban. Abuse to the Mod or Admin Team will result in a ban.

The way I see it, there are always going to be lurkers on any forums.  If those lurkers don't see a WG because of bad reviews here, that's more people she isn't conning out of their hard earned cash.  If her custom dries up, she either ups her game or quits.  If my review helps someone avoid making a bad decision, I couldn't give a shit if they've posted a review or not - I'm just glad I helped.

And lets face it, if someone only posts a review after they've been coerced into it, the chances are it's going to be one of the pointless reviews that started this thread - which reminds me of one from not so long ago, will try finding it now.

Edit:  Found it....
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=266554.0

And that was someone who's posted several reviews...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:39:38 pm by bdyno »

Offline GingerNuts

I totally get that, and agree it's the primary reason for most of us to be here.  I just think people should be more tolerant to those who haven't yet.  You see numerous threads where someone who is yet to post a review gets hassle for not doing one when there could be good reason for it.

They usually only get called out when they've been a member for some time and quite often have made posts indicating they have punted.

If they have an exceptional reason for not reviewing they could say so, most just ignore the comments and carry on leeching.

Some threads reach the point where it's arguable this rule could come in to play:

23 Abuse towards other members
Discord must be kept civil. Excessive abuse/swearing is not acceptable. "You're acting like a twat" is not excessive, however, "you're a fucking inbred cunt" is excessive and is not acceptable. Bullying will result in a ban. Abuse to the Mod or Admin Team will result in a ban.

Anyone can report posts they consider cross the line.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:56:15 pm by GingerNuts »

Offline Punterperson1971

Has anyone noticed all the answers to the op post are from members who’ve reviewed more than a few wg’s yet no one with 1-2 reviews or less  have come on to defend why they don’t review,if it had been about something else they would soon pop up with their 2 penny’s worth.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:10:29 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline RedKettle

I read the example review in the first post. Adds nothing to the site. Benefits nobody other than giving the WG a +ve count on her rating. Pointless if you ask me as we learn nothing other than this guy enjoyed himself. Maybe he enjoys getting kicked in the balls but that's not for everybody.

I don't agree.  Just the fact that there is a review on a girl (so long as you trust the member) gives you some basic comfort that the WG exists (ie is not a B&S or a con) and that she at least on some level provides a half decent service.  You can always ask the reviewer questions.

Also if the WG is already well reviewed then a further review has little to add, it's main purpose being to show a consistency of service.

It is the non reviewers that are the issue, those that actually review are contributing and can be helped in a positive way to improve.  Which will probably happen anyway as they get into the swing of things here.

Online mr.bluesky

I don't agree.  Just the fact that there is a review on a girl (so long as you trust the member) gives you some basic comfort that the WG exists (ie is not a B&S or a con) and that she at least on some level provides a half decent service.  You can always ask the reviewer questions.

Also if the WG is already well reviewed then a further review has little to add, it's main purpose being to show a consistency of service.

It is the non reviewers that are the issue, those that actually review are contributing and can be helped in a positive way to improve.  Which will probably happen anyway as they get into the swing of things here.

Have to agree. Reviews dont have to be literary works. Better a short review that gives the basic details cost, service offered etc than no review at all after all that's what this forum is all about. :hi:

Offline Sparta Prada

Has anyone noticed all the answers to the op post are from members who’ve reviewed more than a few wg’s yet no one with 1-2 reviews or less  have come on to defend why they don’t review,if it had been about something else they would soon pop up with their 2 penny’s worth.

With the examples in the OP I was trying to show 2 different sides of the lack of detail.

In NoLuck’s latest review I found the lack of detail of the punt a bit weird; if you click on his other reviews they all have a decent amount of detail to give a flavour of what happened which is what I am interested in, so I am puzzled why he hasn’t done this in the review in the OP.

Vice Admiral has set out his stall from the start. He highlights he’s seen a girl, and enjoyed them. Doesn’t state why he enjoyed the punt, or if she did anything memorable in the punt. Note all his reviews are positives too. For me it’s not a review, more like a register of who he has seen.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:31:46 pm by Sparta Prada »

Offline tangledupinblue

Absolutely

Offline Beamer

+1    :hi:

Offline millbush

Can't say a lack of details bothers me I'd rather have an indication of whether it was a good booking than ego boosting details like "I made her cum with my big cock".Having said that I try to give more specifics in my reviews but try to keep it concise.
Banned reason: Troll.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline GingerNuts

Absolutely

As you've stuck your head above the parapet perhaps you could explain why you've only posted one review in four years and it was lacking in detail.

Offline B4bcock

Absolutely

Can you elaborate more, please?   You are clearly a member this thread is discussing - one (very short) review in four years of being a member, for a WG who retired the same day.    This is not an attack on you.   Rather, I am more interested in knowing your reasons for not reviewing.   From your posts in the last 4 years you appear to be an active punter, whose experiences would be helpful to us all.

Offline B4bcock

GingerNuts,  I noticed he went offline when we posted our comments.  A lot of tumbleweed may pass by . . . .

Offline southcoastpunter

This .....plus I think you have to remember that people are all different. Different in our views of ladies looks, different in what we are prepared to pay and different in what we want from a review.

Personally I just want confirmation that she is genuine, not a B&S nor a con merchant, and that her profile and pics are accurate. i am not interested at all that you fucked her first in mish, then in doggy then this then that and hey aren't you a stud! I also find it rather rude that some guys then comment on a review words to the effect that "i wouldn't touch her with a barge pole etc.

Also I don't think it helps encourage more participation from guys who haven't posted much yet when they are rudely criticised. Yes this is a men's forum and all that but it clearly does not work on everyone but maybe other ways might.

Anyway, as we are all different, I expect there will be those on here that disagree with me (and that is ok by me!)

Offline GingerNuts

GingerNuts,  I noticed he went offline when we posted our comments.  A lot of tumbleweed may pass by . . . .

Quite often what happens when these sort of questions are asked.

Offline freeze44

I really can't understand the idea that some may be to shy to post a review...ffs were not playing chess here!  :crazy:

Thankfully most see the benefit in the give and take of posting a review and giving at least basic details on looks, services and comms etc.

How hard can it be? Do think there are a few who look to boost their ego with loads of details....often about them!! There are also a few who act like big babies when see comments they don't like! Jesus, grow a pair!  :wacko:

Thankfully the large majority do post helpful reviews and are adult enough to take feedback  :thumbsup:

Offline B4bcock

Personally I just want confirmation that she is genuine, not a B&S nor a con merchant, and that her profile and pics are accurate. i am not interested at all that you fucked her first in mish, then in doggy then this then that and hey aren't you a stud! I also find it rather rude that some guys then comment on a review words to the effect that "i wouldn't touch her with a barge pole etc.

My preference is for as much info as possible in a review.   I agree some reviewers get a bit carried away, but usually it shows how strongly they felt about the punt and how well the SP delivered.  Descriptions of what happened and how enthusiastically the SP performed are, in my opinion, very useful.   :drinks:

Offline mike63

I find the 2 reviews the OP refers to interesting. The first is, in my view, worthless. The second, however, by Vice Admiral, provides concise basic details. My only criticism (which would be resolved just by asking him) were the services he wanted. I'd put the same information, but in paragraphs rather than bullet points, but that's just my preference. I'm never going to go into much detail, although I won't tell you 'that what passed between us must remain our secret' either.  :rolleyes:

Offline mrfishyfoo

Detail IMHO, especially about how the service is delivered, is everything

As an example "best blow job ever" is IMHO useless but "she delivered a firm blowjob with plenty of suck and minimal hand as she worked the tip only" is very useful.

Same as FAF is useless but "she's a toned size 8/10 with zero flab" is very useful.

ETC ETC ETC

Offline myothernameis

What do you think about UKP members who don’t give much info in their reviews?

This is one thing I dislike, punters who dont want to leave a full review, either here or on AW

Why not post a proper review, and give us the lowdown on what went on, and hate these type of reviews

I don't want to go in to details here but wow

Offline tailsign01

I am probably one of those who post reviews that can lack detail. In fact I think I was called out for it once. I assumed the point of a review was to provide a basic overview of the SP, including cost, location and looks with some basic info on services. I don't find reviews with excess details interesting or useful as I only look at the top line details. I certainly have no interest in becoming an erotica author for people to get off to. I suppose all this means I naturally keep the reviews short and to the point because its what I would find useful. I very much see the value in leaving reviews, as I always find them useful. After reading this thread though perhaps I will try and add a bit more detail in the future if people find it more useful. After all I only post the reviews to be useful and give something back, so I am open to trying to improve the quality of them.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
There's a very good guide to review writing in the punting wiki. External Link/Members Only Along with example of good and bad reviews. -

Poor review (moved to discussions) - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=90578

Same review after some guidance - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=90598

The second attempt doesn't go into great detail but it covers all the basics and gives a good indication of what's on offer. 

Offline Sparta Prada

I am probably one of those who post reviews that can lack detail. In fact I think I was called out for it once. I assumed the point of a review was to provide a basic overview of the SP, including cost, location and looks with some basic info on services. I don't find reviews with excess details interesting or useful as I only look at the top line details. I certainly have no interest in becoming an erotica author for people to get off to. I suppose all this means I naturally keep the reviews short and to the point because its what I would find useful. I very much see the value in leaving reviews, as I always find them useful. After reading this thread though perhaps I will try and add a bit more detail in the future if people find it more useful. After all I only post the reviews to be useful and give something back, so I am open to trying to improve the quality of them.

I had a quick look at your reviews, and they are fine as far as I’m concerned. You list the services you experienced and mention what you liked about the meet. In other words, you reviewed them.

It’s reviews such as the two in the OP which are seriously lacking in any detail that make me question  whether they are really worthy of being deemed reviews?

Offline myothernameis

A good review which is well written, can do alot of good for an escort, should it even be explicit, and we get the gory details of what went on

I prefer to know what the escort likes, and maybe not, and over a number of years have written a lot of reviews, mostly on the site we can't mention.  On this site I wrote many times about Kelly from New Blythswood Sauna, Glasgow, and she must have had 100+ reviews, all of the good and detailed.  Now it was these reviews, that tempted me to book her, for 1 hr massage, to see what the fuss was about, and you know, the details were exact, she was a fucking nympho

Done other reviews for plenty other girls from the Glasgow massage scene, Karen, Marrion, Cathy, Michelle, Linda, and a few others, but with Kelly I posted a few reviews over the time I had seen her.  To put the reviews of Kelly, she pretty much was into anything, kissing, orsal both ways, sex in numerous position, and she was easily turned on and would come very noisily

Online holeymoley

All reviews are subjective so must be read with that in mind. Also I think some reviews are written as if the punter is reviewing his performance not that of the service provider eg ego boosting

+1

Offline Doc Holliday

Since punting man first started posting reports/reviews two decades ago, punting men have been complaining.  :D

I recall posting on a forum thread with a similar topic way back in 2004. Full of views and suggestions of how people thought FR’s should be written.

Here we are today and nothing has changed. Still a diverse range of content and styles. It is what it is. It always will be.

The important thing is that a forum thrives. Information takes many forms and a single one line post can often be of more use than a lengthy blow by blow account, which frequently is just an ego trip (and yes been there and got that T shirt)

An over obsession with reviews, whether it be lack of them or the content within, is IMO not healthy and is largely counterproductive.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:31:05 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline hunkybc

Have you ever thouht that someone could suffer from dyslexia or do not have great writing skills?  I think its easy to judge when we are all hidden behind keyboards. 

Offline Beamer

Have you ever thouht that someone could suffer from dyslexia or do not have great writing skills?  I think its easy to judge when we are all hidden behind keyboards.

Of course but......
....... if they can write comments on punting topics then what is the problem with writing reviews?

Offline DrConners

In NoLuck’s latest review I found the lack of detail of the punt a bit weird; if you click on his other reviews they all have a decent amount of detail to give a flavour of what happened which is what I am interested in, so I am puzzled why he hasn’t done this in the review in the OP.

I may have been out of order in my response (but I genuinely don't think so), I read his other reviews before posting - by comparison I just interpreted the 'review' as a piss poor attempt at touting (look at her prices!!) more than likely concocted between the two of them, or at least with her permission.

NoLuck has been online since & declined to offer further insite.

The same WG had another review posted almost immediately by signy, told any potential punter exactly what you needed to know.

Offline freeze44

Of course but......
....... if they can write comments on punting topics then what is the problem with writing reviews?

:thumbsup: and seen defensive comments from those with limited review to...the forum thrives when wg's are reviewed!!

Offline Spunky34

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 11
I may have been out of order in my response (but I genuinely don't think so), I read his other reviews before posting - by comparison I just interpreted the 'review' as a piss poor attempt at touting (look at her prices!!) more than likely concocted between the two of them, or at least with her permission

I’m inclined to agree, particularly as Noluck also started a fresh thread in the South East section which basically said “she’s great and here is her Twitter”, prior to writing the “review”. 

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=269143.0

Offline puntingpumping1920

I've seen shorter

This for example: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=172566.0

If they cover the basics it's not a big deal

Some punters write 1000 word essays and don't reveal much
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:18:55 pm by puntingpumping1920 »
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline RAJEC

In response to your question op, I’ll answer it, but “I won’t go into the details”:

Not a lot.

:dash:

Offline Beamer

Would it help if we had a set format (preformatted) covering the basic information?

Offline Adoniron

It's essential that we get the key information in reviews about services, quality, price etc but some are far too long IMO. I don't need a blow by blow account (no pun intended 😂) of absolutely everything that happened.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Would it help if we had a set format (preformatted) covering the basic information?
Been mentioned loads in the past and the general consensus seemed to be against it, far too complicated to set up and to fill in. The guides are there for all to read, including what has to be included to qualify as a review.

Online RogerBoner

There is one that we know in the EM region that writes very lazy reviews and can't stand to be corrected. If tolerated it will lead to a decline in the value of UKPunting. I think those with authority should PM the lazy and inaccurate reviewers and encourage them to write proper sentences and encourage them to post links instead of relying upon Goldfinch.

Offline mrfishyfoo

There is one that we know in the EM region that writes very lazy reviews and can't stand to be corrected. If tolerated it will lead to a decline in the value of UKPunting. I think those with authority should PM the lazy and inaccurate reviewers and encourage them to write proper sentences and encourage them to post links instead of relying upon Goldfinch.

He's well keen to help out and get reviews indexed and links added.

Offline B4bcock

He's well keen to help out and get reviews indexed and links added.

He's incredibly quick and efficient in sorting out our mistakes/omissions, keeping the site tight and tidy and without making a song and dance about it.

Cheers, Goldfinch!    :drinks:

Offline Goldfinch

He's incredibly quick and efficient in sorting out our mistakes/omissions, keeping the site tight and tidy and without making a song and dance about it.

Cheers, Goldfinch!    :drinks:

:drinks: :drinks: