Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Gambia - any experiences?  (Read 133527 times)

Offline Katana

So all of the above is in the city Senegambia?

So all in for 10 nights with flights and accommodation what would be a ball park figure gents? I see someone mentioned flight around £350 which isn’t too bad.

Offline insignia

if you catch the dates right you can get flight with thomas cook for around 350 with baggage (20kg) ive found recently that booking seperate flight and hotel is cheaper you can get an apartment for around 130 a week. The other option is External Link/Members Only and get a late deal that will be from gatwick and it will also be a hotel. Tommy cook dont fly after end of march and most of hotels close for 5 months mid april god knows why but they do but still good deals to be had

Offline BobTheJob

I paid just over £500 a few weeks ago for flight and hotel in late April with Thomas Cook. 7 nights. When I first started looking price was only just over £400 but I hesitated and watched the price rise every few days. Luckily when I did bite the bullet and booked they had a 10% off offer which kept the price down. I found flight only prices savage when I was looking....even so-called late offers.

misterdave73

I'm definitely planning on visiting Gambia for 2 weeks over Christmas. Unfortunately I'm taking my other half. Are there plenty of massage places? Also is it easy to find girls with their own place they work from?

Offline BobTheJob

Just over 2 weeks until my trip. Me being my usual organised self I thought I'd see if anything could be lined up for my arrival. A few messages sent out on a well known hook-up site resulted in a promising reply. The girl was friendly enough and after a few messages she suggested Whatsapp as a way of continuing to chat. Very soon she was sending me pics and telling me how much she couldn't wait to meet me. She was pretty and we chatted a bit (although her conversation often was just simple responses and 'I so much want to meet you'. Then after about a week  :bomb: :bomb: I get a message 'can I ask you a favour'! I kinda knew what was coming even before the next message....'can you bring me a new phone when you come?'! Now I aint tight with my money but I've not even stepped foot on Gambian soil and this little cutey is tapping me up for a new phone....an Iphone 6S no less! I did ask what I'd get in return if I did supply the phone (no I'd not really be that stupid) but all I got was a 'what you want?'  :dash: I've not been in touch with the little cutey since! I guess this is par for the course? Me, I'm going to give the forward planning a miss me thinks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:01:39 pm by BobTheJob »

Offline CasualPaul1999

Do Thomas Cook do flights all year round to Gambia or is it just a Winter sun destination?,I've tried Skyscanner and Ebookers but have no luck with anything coming up

Offline insignia

Tommy cook fly from gatwick, birmingham, manchester from start nov till about now. A company call gambia experience fly all year from gatwick. Also Bob every single person you meet male and female will want something including the shirt off your back

Offline BobTheJob

Sorry guys....I've been back over 2 weeks now and only just got around to reporting......So, my first foray into the delights of this country :yahoo:

Being my first visit it took me a day or two to find my feet and get comfortable with things. Have to say, yes if you want to dabble in the ebony then it is freely available. I had only just been shown to my hotel room and I was being offered girls by the guy who had carried my bag! The little room maid introduced herself also and immediately was asking if I had come alone and why no wife. She was up for it I'm sure but at the time she didn't do it for me. She did grow on me but I felt it was a bit close to 'home'! My first dabble was with a girl from Time on my second night. Went back to hers after being told I only had to 'give her what I thought from my heart'?! As it was we had a decent short time but she got shirty when I offered up 800d. I felt it was over the odds but she was not at all happy. Something about wanting 1500 because if we had gone back to my hotel it would have cost me that. She got the 800 and short shrift and I taxied out! She caught up with me a few nights later in Britannia trying to demand more money from me but I just told her to F'off! As it was both Time and Britannia very quiet until 11pm or so when the girls really put in an appearance so in hind sight I should have waited and checked out the alternatives that night before dabbling. Ah well, lesson learnt.

Walking the beach a day later got introduced to a little cutie working as a cook in one of the beach hotels past the Monkey Park. She was hot and very keen to please! Not at all money grabbing and very happy when I slipped 800d for a couple of hours of fun. Well worth it and she restored my enthusiasm after the run in with the Time girl. Then there was a bar girl I got chatting with one afternoon. Very flirty but not sure if she was up for anything. As it was I decided to make a move for something to eat and asked when she'd be working next. Her response was to invite me to a club that night with her mate! Kin'ell yes! I was like Hugh Heffner with one either side of me that night at the club, grinding away! Only took the little bar girl back with me though! She was enough! It did get a bit GF for the rest of my time but I wasn't complaining as she was sweet and damn hot. Was propositioned by another girl right under my little hotties nose which was tricky but managed to arrange something for latter that night on the quiet!

So, final count - 4 cuties, one of which was semi-permanent for my last few days! Expense-wise, soooo much cheaper to punt there. The non-pro girls are easily the best and not difficult to find. Will I return....you bet! Am looking to get back there later this year  :drinks:

Offline misterali

Wow @BobTheJob really appreciate the feedback and report! Glad you had a great time and it was a successful trip. The first girl and her problems could have easily been avoided by sticking to the rule of always agree costs and services before taking a girl but you seemed to have handled it well. I would joke and low ball the girl when they say "pay me what you like", I would offer 10% of what is normally an acceptable fee! That would make them want to stop talking to me or at least force them to agree a number.

I hope you can make it back there soon!

Offline BobTheJob

Thanks Misterali. I learned from the first experience to get everything confirmed beforehand. Mind you, she was def pro, brash and tried to intimidate.....even to the point of threatening to go to police when I didnt offer up more! The other girls were non or at the most semi. They were happy just to be treated decently - a drink or a simple meal and suggestions as to what to do next soon came from them.
Forgot to say that the season was coming to an end when I was there so most bars a lot quieter. My hotel was near empty which made it pretty obvious when I was coming back of a night with company! The guys on the security gate didn't bat an eye lid though and became good mates during my stay. Cost wise, to bring company back to hotel was 2400d for 3 nights. At first I thought that OTT but then figured at 800d a night it was acceptable. Once paid it didn't matter who I brought back and they could stay all night and take breakfast in the morning!   

Offline insignia

Been waiting for this review Bob and knew you would be hooked glad you had a great time

Offline Kingy28

Another place to add to my ever growing list of destinations to try. Thanks

Offline BobTheJob

Took me a while to find time to do a write up Insignia. Thanks to your helpful advice before my trip it all went well. Very well! You're right mate....I am hooked and will be back again and for longer once the ol' piggy bank has been topped up. Hopefully later this year and as soon as possible. Thanks again to all who advised  :D

Offline Malvolio

Nice report Bob - thanks for the info.  Would you say the going rate is paying about 1,000 Dalasi to the WG for a couple of hours?  As I understand it, you also had to pay a 1,000 Dalasi fee to your hotel every time you wanted to take a guest back to your room - is that correct?

Final non-punting question - how did you rate the food and drink over there?

Offline JimmyChew

I have booked for 12 nights in January so really pleased that I found this thread. Going with the O/H so will be taking a stroll on my own to see what I can get up to. It will have to be during the day so maybe the juice sellers on the beach.
Looking forward to this trip now. :dash:

Offline insignia

1,000 dalasi will get you a beauty all night and another 1,000 to get her into hotel but thats still around £40 for an all nighter. Food is top nosh all over senegambia plenty to choose from. take a stroll along the beach you will be offered massages every 5 mins 700d for an hour £11 ish and 500d for HE. may see you there

Offline BobTheJob

I'd say 1000d is about right for a WG on an all nighter. Plenty to choose from in the likes of Time and Brittania of a night after midnight. Fruit ladies on the beach are friendly but not a patch on the girls in the Strip! Like Insignia said, beach massages are offered every few paces. I was offered a good time by an absolutely stunning girl, slim with big boobs and ass but it was 1030 in the morning and I'd just said bye to my bar girl after an overnight stay! Said I'd walk the beach and come back later but never did! I regret that....she was a knockout!

The HBC hotel I stayed in had a 3 night minimum stay for a guest at 2400d. This worked out at 800d a night so not at all bad. Once paid I didn't worry about taking a different guest back over the course of the nights. I looked at some apartments while there and would go down that route next time.
Food wise it's great. Plenty of options in the Strip area. I liked Darboes and African Queen and the Gambian food is worth trying. My little room maid knew where to buy Gambian baguettes filled with fish or meat and macaroni for breakfast  and they were awesome value at like 30d. Better than the breakfast in hotel! We'd share of a Morning when she came on duty at 8am! If you want simple food you can't go wrong at Paradisio for pizza and pasta.

As you might tell from my reports....I 'kin love the lifestyle I enjoyed out there. Can't wait to go back and I'd recommend a trip to anyone!! I'm aiming to return Nov time as I spotted a £304 return flight over the weekend. Just need to sort an apartment....

Offline Widescreen

I liked Darboes and African Queen

I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did last trip to Gambia and the Africa Queen for a meal.  Placed the order and the waiter ran over the road to the Mini Supermarket to get the eggs and other items needed.....lol

I always go with the O/H and as yet have not had a chance to play on my own but one day I will, that for sure.

Offline insignia

tommy cook flights from birmingham for november are out £304 includes baggage 2 weeks booked he ha

Offline BobTheJob

tommy cook flights from birmingham for november are out £304 includes baggage 2 weeks booked he ha

:yahoo: Lets get the party started  :drinks: I spotted the £304 flight with TommyC from Gatwick at the weekend. Haven't booked yet but going to!

Offline BobTheJob

I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did last trip to Gambia and the Africa Queen for a meal

I'd have pissed myself. Did he have to go back latter for the ingredients for desert?! It can all be a bit hit and miss out there! They definitely live life at a different pace to us.       

Online Markus

Some info on where to stay, where in Gambia you were and general ways to hook up would be helpful.

I've checked flights for December for about £400 to Bangul and not sure if that is reasonable. How long would you recommend?

Anything to do there besides shag beautiful women (not that that is a bad thing  ;) )

Offline BobTheJob

Book and go Markus. That is an order! Trust me, you wont regret. It was my first time out there. I traveled alone and had doubts and concerns before going. Just remember it is a very poor country in general and it will be a bit of a culture shock if you've not been off the beaten track before. Having said that, the tourist areas on the coast are the obvious places to head for.

Me, I stayed at the Holiday Beach Club in Senegambia. Right on the beach and a couple of minutes walk from the Strip and all it has to offer. HBC has a great pool and grounds but is only 2*. I'd say that was about right. Like others have said before, an apartment would be the way to go and its what I'm looking at for my return trip later this year. Hotels can be a bit restrictive if you plan to bring guests back. You can in HBC but it costs. Also, it is pretty obvious what you are up to!

Hooking up couldn't be easier. You will get propositioned everywhere. The beach, bars, even in the street walking around. A polite smile and a hello as an opener and often the girls will engage with you. The known haunts such as Time and Brittania are nailed on to hook up. Trust me, the girls will come to you and you will be spoilt for choice but just be aware the girls in these places are certainly pro or semi-pro. Don't go early, the girls tend to arrive 11pm or later. The good girls as I call them are the ones I prefered. Often holding down jobs but not adverse to supplementing their very low incomes. Sex seems very transactional in Gambia and I understood why when I found out my little room maid was paid just 1200d a month with just 1 day off a week...about £18! 

The obvious attractions are the women, beaches and the weather. If you don't mind immersing yourself in the country there are any number of trips you can do....I did 6 different places in one day which was well worth it. I fished one day on the river which again was a fantastic experience if that's your thing. I found 7 days far to short and will go for 10 days minimum next time.

Online Markus

Thanks for the info.

I am looking for a trip in December either to Philippines or Gambia. Your post is making me sway towards Gambia but it depends on flights. I have stayed in African countries before so no culture shock to me.  Security is my main concern in any african country.  This is why most people opt for hotels rather then apartments.

I am looking at around a week.  Tickets to Banjul are at about £400 on Skyscanner. Don't know if that is about right or not. Who did you fly with? Any apps work in Gambia or is it just approaching women on the street and at beaches?  Who did you fly with?

I am looking for an apartment but Airbnb has low availability and nothing decent short of £50 for a full apartment. Not a lot of money but if you think that most low income works earn around £25 a month. Let me know closer to when you're going. I seriously might just see you there. Can might up for a beer.

Offline Widescreen

HBC is a good spot, stayed there a few times.  Last time I went I booked flight only and then the Hotel separately, saved a few hundred quid that way.

As said, a bit of a culture shock the first time and you will get pestered on the walk down the strip by just about every kid in town.  Tell then no, politely and they tend to leave you alone.  Another tip, tell them you have been to the Smiling Coast before so you know where you are going......

Badala Park is another reasonable Hotel.

Take £ with you, change it on the street for much better rates (you will have to haggle, even walk away sometimes) than the banks or Hotels.

Offline insignia

Agree with Badala park even the maids there will give you a good morning BJ. Book direct with thomas cook for cheaper flights. Apartment wise there is Easy time lodge or Seabreaze apts both great places and English owned. Where can you pull ? its everywhere just stand in one place for few minutes and you will pull. Easy time and seabreaze are not on any hotel sites ie trivago, hotel.com so google them and email them direct. you will be hooked as i am --- and Bob

Offline BobTheJob

Markus - I flew TommyCook. Package deal but next time I'll do flight only with them and sort my own accom. Their flights and packages are out now for their new season. I'd be up for catching up with you or anyone else out there when I next go. I'll keep you informed.

You are right Wide, HBC is a good spot. They were supposed to start some major renovations as I left at end April. Got a feeling they might hike prices up as a result.

And Insignia....you've been right all along and are bang on now.....I'm hooked! Hook, line, sinker, the whole f'kin lot! Cheers mate  :drinks:

Offline MrClive

Hi Bob great report, thanks alot.

Can I ask if you had any injections before you went? Any anti malarials?

I think Gambia sounds amazing but this aspect really puts me off.

Offline insignia

ive been going years never had any jabs but ye anti malaria tablets for sure

Offline BobTheJob

Glad the reports were useful MrClive. Others had been most helpful with their advice so I just wanted to add my recent experiences and let them know how I'd found things. Particularly as a first timer.

As with all overseas travel it pays to take the necessary precautions. As Insignia has said, anti malarial is a must. I wasn't bothered by mossies in April but I gather the current rainy season is when they become a real problem. At any time though, it's just not worth the risk to go without.

Whatever concerns you have about going, just book and go. You will love the Smiling Coast and all it has to offer :thumbsup:

CheltLad

Agree with Badala park even the maids there will give you a good morning BJ.

I don't know why but the idea of this is a big plus for me. Is this frequent? Do they tend to be looked and are they likely to make it obvious if its on the cards? Also I presume you don't have to wait about for room service all day?

Offline insignia

I don't know why but the idea of this is a big plus for me. Is this frequent? Do they tend to be looked and are they likely to make it obvious if its on the cards? Also I presume you don't have to wait about for room service all day?
Mate just smile be happy and polite they will like you. Baddalla is prob the cheapest hotel but its great, nice food pool and chilled. its probably got 150 rooms, try and get a room in the block behind the stage thats where i was nice showers lol you can fit 3 in there (thats you and 2 maids) believe me i know lol. Like i said respect them and say good morning gorgeouse and they will love you --- Have fun

Offline Widescreen

Never stayed in the main blocks, always got a chalet type room looking out onto the Atlantic.

Agree with everything else though, a cool Julbrew and BJ sounds awesome.....

IDontKnow

Hi, I'm heading out to Gambia mid November, thinking of staying at the Easy Time Lodge, any of you folks have any feedback you can give on it. Thanks :hi:

Offline Widescreen

Sorry bud never stayed at that one but I would imagine its the same, be polite, friendly and flirt a bit it works like a charm...

Offline BobTheJob

It's no good....the itch to return is too much. Spotted 7 nights at Palm Beach hotel on a Tommy Cook late deal. Any of you regulars any experience of Palm Beach?

Offline BobTheJob

Mansea Beach is on the radar. Any experiences guys?

Offline BobTheJob

Still not hit the buy button on my next Gambian adventure so looking at a couple of options in early December. Any views on Palma Rima Hotel? Badala is another but I've seen photos on a FB group showing that they've only just started on a major re-vamp of the pool area at least? Struggling to find an apartment with availability at this late notice

Offline Widescreen

Cant help with either of those but Badala is the low end of the Hotels for sure.

Offline insignia

Bob ive stayed in palma rima 7-8 times its a good hotel nice big pool. ive stayed in the bungalows which is good size and same as your last hotel regarding taking girls back and having to pay i think it was 1200d so still a cheep all nighter.
Badalla ive stayed there as well and thats where i got a good morning wake up from the maids
Tommy cooks flights are cheap. i would be inclined to book just the flight and get cab to the strip area the cabbie will know of places
avoid patta patta its ok in night but apartments are shite it is down the side of palma rima next to beach.
Personally i would just get a cab to top of strip and have a little wonder you will find somewhere but seabreeze apts would be first chioce and if its full  jason will find you somewhere

Offline insignia

Cant help with either of those but Badala is the low end of the Hotels for sure.
Agreed but its everything us blokes need and good food to go with it and nice maids haha

Offline insignia

Mansea Beach is on the radar. Any experiences guys?
avoid you have to walk down a pitch black uneven track to get to it

Offline Widescreen

Agreed but its everything us blokes need and good food to go with it and nice maids haha

True, although my last visit there was with the OH, so no fun with the Maids.

I think all the Hotels now have Security on the gates and on the Ocean front entrances too.

How cheap are the flights at the moment, could use some Sun and a BJ....

Offline insignia

True, although my last visit there was with the OH, so no fun with the Maids.

I think all the Hotels now have Security on the gates and on the Ocean front entrances too.

How cheap are the flights at the moment, could use some Sun and a BJ....
Through november mate around £340 return that includes baggage from Birmingham

Offline BobTheJob

Well....the lure of all the....ermmm....sunshine :sarcastic: was way too much. I just had to return to TG. Just pressed the buy-it-now button on 9 nights at Palma Rima for early December.

I did consider going flight only and seeing what was available when there Insignia mate but I bottled it. It's only my second time and and just wanted the security of knowing I've at least a decent place lined up. Going to check out some apartments when I'm there for next time. Just 40 days and counting now :yahoo:

Online Markus

How far is Palma Rima from the beach?  Palma Rima seemed like the best place to stay.

I checked Thomas Cook and while I understand the lure of airbnb apartments, the best flights seem to be with Thomas Cook.  Others through Brunei Airways (from London) seem be around 16 hours flight time with a stop over in Casablanca.

Enjoy your trip and look forward to the report. Hope to visit in Jan for 10 days.

Offline insignia

How far is Palma Rima from the beach?  Palma Rima seemed like the best place to stay.

I checked Thomas Cook and while I understand the lure of airbnb apartments, the best flights seem to be with Thomas Cook.  Others through Brunei Airways (from London) seem be around 16 hours flight time with a stop over in Casablanca.

Enjoy your trip and look forward to the report. Hope to visit in Jan for 10 days.
only 250yrds mate down the side rd

Offline BobTheJob

I costed my trip up separately before booking just to ensure I got the best deal. Tommy Cook were £270 for the 6 or so hour direct flight from Gatwick in early December (return and includes luggage). Prices then rocketed for Christmas/New Year then dropped again considerably. So much so I might sneak another visit for April?!  :thumbsup: 

Online bhudda

Was looking to go to Gambia but the Mrs decided to come as well, and then we checked the list of innoculations and anti-malarial potions recommended by the government and it all seemed like too much grief for a week on the beach with no naughties possible.

Do people generally bother with the injections? I have seen the earlier comments regarding malaria.   

Offline Raininparis

Hi, will be going in the start of january. I will be stying in the Djeliba. Anyone know if it is girl friendly?