Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The more you do it, the more you want it?  (Read 1223 times)

jcdmj12

I normally punt about once every 1-2 weeks.  Sometimes work gets stupidly busy and/or I can't be arsed and I go a month or so without punting.  However for various reasons I went a bit silly last month and started doing multiple times a week for a bit.

Am dialing it back down again for January but... suddenly a week's break seems like an age and I find myself itching for the next meet. I know it will subside, but it's annoying as fuck. 

Anyone else find this?

Online Nagilum

I normally punt about once every 1-2 weeks.  Sometimes work gets stupidly busy and/or I can't be arsed and I go a month or so without punting.  However for various reasons I went a bit silly last month and started doing multiple times a week for a bit.

Am dialing it back down again for January but... suddenly a week's break seems like an age and I find myself itching for the next meet. I know it will subside, but it's annoying as fuck. 

Anyone else find this?

I found myself doing it multiple times a week too and it burns a hole in your pocket.  I found the second day after a punt was the worst because you want to go again, but I also found that the urge subsides if I resist for a couple days. So three days after I'm ok.  Work also helps.

Aspen

Anyone else find this?

To a certain extent yes. I am going through a long lean period at the moment, but when I find a girl who is good I want to keep going back as much as possible. And I do because I feel much better for it. The problem is always finding them.

Offline Sonny Crockett

I certainly went through those phases during my punting spells, especially after having an excellent punt. There were three occasions in 2015 where I punted more than once a week.

The longest I went without a punt during my prolific spells was 5 weeks. However even within those periods, I had the itch to punt again, but finances stopped me.

The only thing that would stop me from punting is if something overwhelmingly bad, punting wise, happened to me. Sadly in October last year it did happen, and it made it easier for me to stop punting altogether.

My current Punt-Free run stands at 13 weeks and 2 days.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:41:43 pm by Sonny Crockett »

Offline Buttons

Sounds a bit like (very like) the symptoms of addiction there......not judging, we all have a monkey on our back, just saying is all...... :hi:

Aspen

Sounds a bit like (very like) the symptoms of addiction there......not judging, we all have a monkey on our back, just saying is all......

There are a lot worse things that you can become addicted to.

I quite like the feeling when I can't resist it. It doesn't last long, it's just a phase you go through.

Online Nagilum

To a certain extent yes. I am going through a long lean period at the moment, but when I find a girl who is good I want to keep going back as much as possible. And I do because I feel much better for it. The problem is always finding them.

Yep and I find regulars get better as they get to know you. Nothing is better than a streamy FK session when walking in and leading to the bedroom.... Ok focus!

jcdmj12

Sounds a bit like (very like) the symptoms of addiction there......not judging, we all have a monkey on our back, just saying is all...... :hi:

Nope, you're right - the cravings are definitely a warning sign, which is the main reason I'm backing off a bit.   

I find it interesting to observe. Previously, I would have a punt, but not get the urge to do it again until I naturally got horny (about a week or so, with a couple of wanks in between). However this time I constantly get the urge to punt, even an hour or so after having a wank, which suggests I may have found my own personal 'danger zone' frequency. 

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:17:59 am by jcdmj12 »

Online webpunter

After burning more cash than usual over a period of time then i've got the urge after a great punt a few days after.  There is then the time & £ issue.  Find knocking one out gets the itch scratched.  And out of my mind as a distraction - but a nice one.  Need two a month minimum.  Can feel the tanks getting full again  :lol:

jcdmj12

After burning more cash than usual over a period of time then i've got the urge after a great punt a few days after.  There is then the time & £ issue.  Find knocking one out gets the itch scratched.  And out of my mind as a distraction - but a nice one.  Need two a month minimum.  Can feel the tanks getting full again  :lol:

There are two factors at play, I think:

1. Our natural sex drive
2. The addictive nature of punting due to the massive hit of dopamine you get from it.  I suspect that punting is probably more addictive than 'normal' sex because of all the ritual (booking, etc) around it; in that way it's similar to drug use.

Punting to fulfil 1. is fine, but punting to to fulfil 2. is where madness lies.

Offline azrael

Anyone else find this?

I know the feeling, this week alone i've had the urge to punt several times already,  hopefully ican stick to my schedule of one maybe two punts a month  :drinks:

Online webpunter

1. Our natural sex drive
2. The addictive nature of punting due to the massive hit of dopamine you get from it.  I suspect that punting is probably more addictive than 'normal' sex because of all the ritual (booking, etc) around it; in that way it's similar to drug use.

Punting to fulfil 1. is fine, but punting to to fulfil 2. is where madness lies.
Spot on - think where '2' is managed carefully then not an issue.  Being on UKP is part of '2' - the research bit.  Finding / deciding / changing your mind then booking.  Too much of most things isn't good for you - but OK in small doses

jcdmj12

Spot on - think where '2' is managed carefully then not an issue.  Being on UKP is part of '2' - the research bit.  Finding / deciding / changing your mind then booking.  Too much of most things isn't good for you - but OK in small doses

UKP is an addiction all of its own, but a far more innocuous one. I've always been hooked on some forum or other, so this is just a replacement for the previous ones.  The fact it is an enabler for my punting is just a happy coincidence. :D

Online webpunter

I've always been hooked on some forum or other, so this is just a replacement for the previous ones.  The fact it is an enabler for my punting is just a happy coincidence. :D
Haven't been on any other forums - well apart from the sister website.  And have all but stopped on this one now.  Would be [completely] useless on any other subject i reck

Offline Trenlover

punting is addictive to both punters and the WG's  . Ive read countless stories of WG's who "retire" only to find themselves back in the game 1-2yrs later

its a thrill for both parties. They are right on SAAFE in that WG's certainly do not need "saving" from this life im sure once they get into it they enjoy it.

one you enter this life there is no going back ever.

Midlane

Being blunt, it's not at all unlike certain narcotics.

A few magnificent early highs (both in the excitement leading up to the punt, and in the action itself) and then the rest of one's addiction spent trying (and usually failing) to recreate these early highs.

Online Nagilum

A few magnificent early highs (both in the excitement leading up to the punt, and in the action itself) and then the rest of one's addiction spent trying (and usually failing) to recreate these early highs.

It's about taking control of it, not getting into debt over it etc.

Offline cueball

I think a lot of us recognise ourselves in the op

I too was going at it too much before Xmas, was averaging 6 per month (that's nothing for some of the lads on here though).

Physically I could go podging every three days or so, financially is a different matter though.

My new year max is four per month and so far it's working to plan, my January punts are lined up, if any fall through then it'll be no plan b and money saved.

Offline Marmalade

1. Our natural sex drive

I suspect there's a crossover but testosterone-based rather than dopaminergic. I don't know if there's any literature to support the idea but but my fucking abilities (staying power, recovery times, even enthusiasm) seem to increase with regular fucking.

Rod trotter

I do it when i want

I dont fret about it

Timmy2

I was probably averaging around a grand a month the 3 months leading up to christmas, then just before Christmas i had an issue at work and Mrs Raddy nearly caught me on here a couple of times.  Not had a punt since mid Dec, may be a good time to withdraw or massivly slow down.  I was addicted and thought i would have withdrawal pangs. (but it has not been to bad)  I now need to get the addiction to punting forums sorted :dash:

jimbm55

At the moment I quite like denying myself and, oddly for me, anticipating a punt I have booked in a couple of weeks from now. Usually I am impatient

Offline Urban_G

I usually get the urge to punt a few days after my previous one but tend to average about 2-3 a month. Although I don't get hugely involved on UKP, looking at the forums on a daily basis doesn't help matters. Inevitably, I'll follow an AW link and then might start searching for my next punt. I was often quite impulsive and might book to see someone pretty quickly but that has calmed down a bit now, mainly due to moving to an area with less availibility.

Bluefin

I was probably averaging around a grand a month the 3 months leading up to christmas, then just before Christmas i had an issue at work and Mrs Raddy nearly caught me on here a couple of times.  Not had a punt since mid Dec, may be a good time to withdraw or massivly slow down.  I was addicted and thought i would have withdrawal pangs. (but it has not been to bad)  I now need to get the addiction to punting forums sorted :dash:

Spot on about the punting forum addiction Raddy, its difficult to stay away from this place, its almost like its part of the chase , the modern day version of kerb crawling!

Not addicted to punting... yet, but I do worry that the more I do it, the more I'll want it, I guess it depends how strong your will power is.

Offline Marmalade

I usually get the urge to punt a few days after my previous one but tend to average about 2-3 a month. Although I don't get hugely involved on UKP, looking at the forums on a daily basis doesn't help matters. Inevitably, I'll follow an AW link and then might start searching for my next punt. I was often quite impulsive and might book to see someone pretty quickly but that has calmed down a bit now, mainly due to moving to an area with less availibility.

But is it (just out of interest) a physical urge (which suggests testosterone levels getting into gear and quite healthy, cost aside) or more of an itch, a feeling that you want to punt again (which suggests a dopamine level or 'addiction' response).

Offline Blackpool Rock

I tend to agree with the OP's observations, my normal aim it to punt 3 or 4 times a month using a mixture of regulars and throwing in a new girl every 2 or 3 punts trying to find another gem.
My normal routine keeps the time and money spent on this hobby in perspective however I had an extended 17 day xmas break and pencilled in my planned punting days so that I saw 6 girls with a break in the middle while visiting family & friends.
I actually ended up punting 7 times (plus a hand shandy on xmas day) and some of these were back to back days which i'd never normally do but I was craving another shag a lot quicker than I normally would.
Did a similar thing last year so not sure if it's having time on my hands when not working to constantly think about sex and look on AW etc or the reduction in work stress increasing my libido 

Offline Marmalade

I would add I've had the second response as habit formation. I used to drive to a cheap punt most nights on the way home from work and feel the day was incomplete without. But it was at least partly just psychological. It's too expensive to do that now so have experimented more in cheap-as-chips countries. At least a couple a day until i get bored and want something more substantial (like going to a movie or live gig). I'd find a couple of pops a day would be enough at first but as I got into it my cock wanted more. It just becomes a healthy habit to have lots of shagging. (Same with a decent civvie).

Yeboahsleftfoot

My punting time is precious "me" time, an escape from the real world and an opportunity to enjoy great sex with hot girls.

I go through times when the drive to punt and the attendant excitement results in ridiculous spending like two duos a week for five or six weeks in a row then I start to run out of attractive options.

I hate the thought of a disappointing punt and book less meetings.

I'm addicted to the rush of booking, the door opening to reveal the girls, the action, until it all becomes predictable, maybe burns out and I need a lay off which normally lasts no more than two weeks, then I'm rating to go again.

My name is Yeboah and I'm a Puntaholic!

Offline Urban_G

But is it (just out of interest) a physical urge (which suggests testosterone levels getting into gear and quite healthy, cost aside) or more of an itch, a feeling that you want to punt again (which suggests a dopamine level or 'addiction' response).
It's probably a bit of both, but mostly physical as I do have quite a high libido. I think the punting aspect is more of a way to fulfill my urges by having full sex rather than wanking but I do enjoy the thrill of a punt.

Offline Marmalade

It's probably a bit of both, but mostly physical as I do have quite a high libido. I think the punting aspect is more of a way to fulfill my urges by having full sex rather than wanking but I do enjoy the thrill of a punt.

Yes, I can find the thrill of the punt quite exciting (as long as I haven't had too many disappointments in a row.) Walking up to her place, hoping it's maybe not a shithole, seeing her open the door and (hopefully) being pleasantly surprised, taking her knickers off and finding an attractively trimmed pussy (rather than a day's worth of gel bits of tissue stuck to it where she wiped her fanny after the last guy).

The other type of punt that gives me a thrill is the free range rather than battery-farmed indies. I think it's why I prefer German Eros Centres to their FKKs, or third world prossie-run mega-brothels over the fancier establishments. It's nice to 'catch' one rather than have one served up 'ready-prepared.'

Offline Jock D

Spot on...still it's only been 25 years...probably just a phase I'm going through. :cool:

Sir Lancealot

I punt on average every couple of weeks when the opportunity arises to arrange one. Some months more some months less. At certain times of the year there can a gap between punts of several weeks if there are no opportunities and after a bit I don't really miss it. It's more a habit rather than an addicition and if I didn't punt life would go on. Plenty of other things to do and few punts are actually that exceptional or memorable. I find there is more excitement in the chosing, arranging and anticipation. The punt itself can be a bit of an anti climax, not quite meeting my high expectations, particularly with an over-hyped girl.

Offline yuiop300

I go through stages as well.

Last year was pretty dry from Jan to May ish.  Then August I basically went on a crazy run and saw a girl every week for about 3months.  Then I had a bit of a break.  Then in December I was seeing a girl every 3 days or so.  I'm now on a dry spell.  I did try to arrange to see someone last week but none were available.

I have in intense urge to punt today...

LL

Anyone else find this?

I do but it's like any other habit you want to cut down on (I hesitate to use the word addiction but it would apply in some cases), the longer you leave it for, the easier it gets to avoid it.  I.e. if you can go a month without punting, the following month is easier to refrain from it.  Well that's just my experience of it anyhow.

Offline the_exile

It can go both ways, I'd get used to it and want more - or a couple of good sessions and I would think, yeah done for a while. Or after a crap punt you need to go again for something that actually satisfies you!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:41:43 pm by the_exile »

ness4

I think it's definitely a case of the more you do it the more you want it: like many of you I had times last year where 4 a week wasn't rare and I always wanted more. I made a conscious effort to cut down (and a punt free Xmas was always on the cards) and I'm now over 4 weeks punt free which is a record for me.
I don't even fancy going to see one of my regulars at the moment....half expecting a call from someone asking where I am!
It won't last though; I'll be back because we always come back.

Online Nagilum

The urge to punt is rising!  Just reading these comments is sending me over the edge!

jcdmj12

The urge to punt is rising!  Just reading these comments is sending me over the edge!

Funnily enough, my urge has depleted a bit since posting this, mainly because I've been busy with other stuff.

Offline iwtc

I'll go on little splurges as I travel.  When you're away it obviously reduces the chance of being caught and having to make sure I don't smell like I've been someplace or with someone that I shouldn't have been) it's very easy to set something up.

Recently in Las Vegas I did 2 sessions over 3 days.  On an upcoming trip to London I'm hoping to get 3 appointments booked.  This will burn a whole in my pocket for a little while so I'll take a break after that...  Until my next trip!