Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Not another punting phone question…  (Read 574 times)

Offline Johnbean

Been searching through the tons of previous threads and can’t find an answer, apologies if this has been asked before.

Last punting phone died before lockdown and haven’t been fussed about getting out, but recently got a new one, a second hand iPhone. During setup it asked me for a number to text a verification code to and as I haven’t completed set up was going to use my civi number. Is there a way around this or is it safe to use my personal number?

Probably missing something obvious but old age is setting in…

Offline tantric talents

No, use the number for the burner sim that’s in the phone. Then they will send a verification number to that punting phone. Put it in and off you go.
 :hi:

Offline Spacecowb0y

Private phone and punting phone should have ZER0 interction with each other. Otherwise you run the risk of personal social media contacts being suggested and linked to the burner number

Offline Whiteknight

Private phone and punting phone should have ZER0 interction with each other. Otherwise you run the risk of personal social media contacts being suggested and linked to the burner number

+1

Keep them totally separated

Online FiveKnuckles

(smartphone) if in doubt, perform a 'factory reset'.

- jump on computer and use a different incognito browser and create a new g account. DO NOT link any real info to this acc.
- insert new SIM in phone and setup.  any verification should be done on new number and new g account.  DO NOT put your real email as backup.

don't use the phone to browse anything other than for punting. the g account may start collecting info to build a profile. 

Offline Johnbean

Thank you all for the input, I’ve set up and made a completely new and separate account which seems to work!