Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The Donation For The Site To Move Forward Topic  (Read 17148 times)

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 10:33:33 pm by Head1 »

Online Doc Holliday

Sensible to start a separate discussion thread about this. :thumbsup:

I think you need to unpin this though otherwise many will miss it?

Also this thread can be viewed by guests, but not the announcement post that the link above takes you to? Do you want guests to view it?

With any fundraising I think you should have a financial target (or series of targets) to act as guidance for those wishing to donate.

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Guests can no longer see this Board although their donations would have been welcome  :D

We don't have a target to share. The more we raise, the more we can get sorted.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 05:06:31 pm by 90125 »

Offline Payyourwaymate

Thanks for the information regarding the min-max amount of donations. I've never sent  vouchers anonymously before, I will have a look to see how to do it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:03:17 am by Head1 »

Online Waterhouse

Never used on line vouchers before, but guessing they have to be used to purchase goods from the Bezos Superstore? 

Is there not a way to transfer monetary donations with relative anonymity using some other service? 

Just thinking it would be better to donate hard currency rather than vouchers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:03:42 am by Head1 »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Guests can no longer see this Board although their donations would have been welcome  :D

We don't have a target to share. The more we raise, the more we can get sorted.
Hopefully enough people who find this site useful will feel sufficiently grateful to make a contribution and it only takes a reasonable amount of people to  chuck in a few quid for it to mount up.
Possibly worth copying some of the info on the other original thread and adding it to the 1st post of this one including the e-mail address to send contributions to  :unknown:

OK so taking some of the points made in the other thread it makes sense to stick with someone who can do this work that is deemed to be trusted, as we all know trustworthy people are hard to find and this game isn't exactly full of saints  :angelgirl:

As stated since taking over you have had to effectively keep patching the car up to keep it on the road and I recall Old Admin stating that the software was already old and fixed up / extensively modified by him.
He did also say that a newer platform would be the ideal (Basically like the UKE platform he created) however it obviously cost money, rather than keep patching up a banger is the plan in the medium term to update the platform so that it doesn't constantly need fixing  :unknown:

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Thanks for the information regarding the min-max amount of donations. I've never sent amazon vouchers anonymously before, I will have a look to see how to do it.

Login to your A@@@@ Account.

Choose an eGift Voucher.

Choose the Amount.

In the “To” box add contactukp@yahoo.com

In the “From” box add your Forum Profile name

Simples.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:26:26 pm by Head1 »

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
To make it clear again, if we start a new Forum we would loose everything and have none of the unique features developed for here such as AW Indexing. Not an Option.

The plan is to fix the bugs and not upgrade the core software the forum runs on.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:55:11 pm by 90125 »

Offline Payyourwaymate

Login to your online Account.

Choose an eGift Voucher.

Choose the Amount.

In the “To” box add contactukp@yahoo.com

In the “From” box add your Forum Profile name

Simples.

Thank you.

Edit: I just done it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:04:28 am by Head1 »

Online whoya.kiddin

I think this is a sensible idea.  I am asking the next question simply because it bears on whether I make a contribution; is the person previously known as James999 still a member in any capacity?

Offline Liverpool

Apologies if this is a daft question but, I realise you need to pay someone to fix the issues, that's fine. Is this a stealth tax to eventually monetize access? Also will depending on how much you donate determine how much access to the site you have?

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
No, and No
It's broken, it needs fixing and needs maintaining

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
Just thought I would add, Cash App is a good way to send money anonymously.

Once you set it up, you just give the other person your cash tag. Easy to use app on your mobile. Worth checking out, I think.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:12:14 am by Rochelle »

Offline cotton

I think the original announcement included paypal as an option but acknowledged some people woudnt favour it due to its lack of anonymity. Now its been changed so theres no mention of paypal.
I have a point and 2 questions.
Point - its easy to set up a completely anonymous paypal acount.  All you need to set up a paypal acount is a burner phone and an email adress , it can be in any name and totally ficticious adress and you can simply transfer money into it from another paypal acount to use.
Question - is paypal still a payment option as personally it would work for me , and would £5 be ok ?

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
I think this is a sensible idea.  I am asking the next question simply because it bears on whether I make a contribution; is the person previously known as James999 still a member in any capacity?

What the fuck has James999 being a member or not to do with donating or not.

Online Placebo88

If a decent sum is collected how about looking to hire better technical support. The current help has failed to remedy any of the issues after 18 months. If the membership offers enough support maybe time to get it sorted by a proper professional?

Offline Grumpy Pumpy

I've sent a few quid, via  vouchers. I've become reliant on this excellent site over the last few years. And I'm very happy to help provide support for its maintenance/improvement.

I hope enough others do the same
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:13:32 am by Head1 »

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
We should probably best avoid using the A word
Send me a pm  :thumbsup:
Or email.External Link/Members Only for details

Many thanks GP :thumbsup:

Offline Grumpy Pumpy

We should probably best avoid using the A word
Send me a pm  :thumbsup:
Or email.External Link/Members Only for details

Many thanks GP :thumbsup:

Noted. Thanks for removing  :hi:

Offline Foxtail17

I saw the original notice and donated immediately. UKP has saved me cash,and possible hassle, in the past and I personally see it as pretty much an essential part of my punting set up. A no-brainer for me to contribute.

Offline dubs

Just a warning to those who share an account with the popular internet shop - if you send an eGift voucher it is then shown with the "To:" email address in your past purchases.

Maybe a more anonymous recipient email would be prudent e.g. john.smith123@gmail.com.  So you could say it was a collection for a bloke at work or something?

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Just a warning to those who share an account with the popular internet shop - if you send an eGift voucher it is then shown with the "To:" email address in your past purchases.

Maybe a more anonymous recipient email would be prudent e.g. john.smith123@gmail.com.  So you could say it was a collection for a bloke at work or something?

To be completely anonymous, purchase a Print at Home Voucher and then send the code by email or PM to Head1.

Offline mh

Question - is paypal still a payment option as personally it would work for me

Same question!

Offline Head1

• Site Owner

Offline Grumpy Pumpy

Good prompt. But I just set-up a new account, using the email address I use for "clandestine" purposes. Took 5 mins. And will, I'm sure, be useful in the future

Online Waterhouse

Strange question.

Why are you asking and what does him being or not being a forum member have to do with making a donation?

Care to elaborate?

:unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

Offline electro

This was mentioned in the 'Post Forum issues here' thread:-

Would be nice if Cryptocurrency was an option, you could then share the BTC/XMR Wallet address publicly at the bottom of the forum 📈

I agree it would help a lot in terms of anonymity if the admin team could setup a BTC wallet and it wouldn't be too complicated (although BTC isn't totally anonymous it is probably more so than A vouchers).

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Many thanks to 7 members for stepping forward to make a Donation. This has allowed us to make a start but to be honest I’m somewhat underwhelmed by the response considering we have around 3K logging on every day. We will give it over the weekend to see what further donations arrive.

Offline dubs

Many thanks to 7 members for stepping forward to make a Donation. This has allowed us to make a start but to be honest I’m somewhat underwhelmed by the response considering we have around 3K logging on every day. We will give it over the weekend to see what further donations arrive.

You have a PM with a claim code. 

Maybe add a banner to the top of the page. 
I can confirm the donation can be done anonymously using the print card option.

Offline Grumpy Pumpy

Wow, that's massively disappointing :(.

I'd have imagined at least 100 would have stepped up by now

Offline RedKettle

also have pm you with claim code

Offline smiths

7 donations is woeful in my book, :thumbsdown: you can donate anonymously with an A EGift voucher. If punters want to see technical issues looked into on UKP this is how that's going to get done.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:29:42 pm by Head1 »

Online Waterhouse

7 donations is woeful in my book, :thumbsdown: you can donate anonymously with an A EGift voucher. If punters want to see technical issues looked into on UKP this is how that's going to get done.
Couldn’t agree more.  This site is invaluable and has in all likelihood saved each and everyone of us a bundle of cash as well as recommending where it might be best spent.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:30:03 pm by Head1 »

Offline NIK

Ironically things seem to have come full circle in UKPs tenth year.

I requested donations eight years ago just before selling the site to Admin at Christmas 2012. It caused a right old furore from people who believed they had a right to a free lunch and had no idea of the constant shit I had to endure in those first couple of years. Suffice to say without Admin’s help from the beginning and his eventual assumption of full control UKP would have gone under.
I recall the objections were led by James 999.  However I was grateful and touched by the 15 or so members who did donate. Others did pledge to do so too, however the control then moved out of my hands and Admin steadfastly refused any.

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
The good news is we now have 11 donations :) slowly slowly does it.

Online Private Parts

The good news is we now have 11 donations :) slowly slowly does it.

Would 2 quid a month on standing order be any use?
You can join Mind, The Samaritans and Cancer research as my “chosen few”
PP

Offline Xtro

To be completely anonymous, purchase a Print at Home Voucher and then send the code by email or PM to Head1.

Call me thick, but....   I assume this gets sent to my email address that's tied in with my A account?
Then, A send me an email with an attached printable voucher which I don't actually need to print out but instead use the code they allocate me (on the voucher), which I can then PM to Head1?   :unknown:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:38:28 pm by Head1 »

Offline Thephoenix

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Would 2 quid a month on standing order be any use?
You can join Mind, The Samaritans and Cancer research as my “chosen few”
PP

You can set up a recurring payment on PayPal.

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Call me thick, but....   I assume this gets sent to my email address that's tied in with my A account?
Then, A send me an email with an attached printable voucher which I don't actually need to print out but instead use the code they allocate me (on the voucher), which I can then PM to Head1?   :unknown:

You get a Voucher on your Account to print that has a code on it. You can just PM the Code to Head1.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:38:54 pm by Head1 »

Online Steely Dan

Ok might have sent something by A But I'm not liking this method much I confess.  Too tied into my real life.  I have a punting paypal, a punting PAYG card.  But A is very tied to my RL.  And I cant figure out how to make a second A account that does not connect to the first.  May I suggest you have a way that is easier to make anonymous? I feel safer with my occasional AW payments. Just my view.

I do have trust.  But even Ashley Madison was once hacked.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:39:30 pm by Head1 »

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
Ok might have sent something by amazon.  But I'm not liking this method much I confess.  Too tied into my real life.  I have a punting paypal, a punting PAYG card.  But amazon is very tied to my RL.  And I cant figure out how to make a second Amazon account that does not connect to the first.  May I suggest you have a way that is easier to make anonymous? I feel safer with my occasional AW payments. Just my view.

I do have trust.  But even Ashley Madison was once hacked.

PayPal is possible. PM Head1.

Offline Xtro

You get a Voucher on your Account to print that has a code on it. You can just PM the Code to Head1.

All sorted!   :thumbsup:

That was simple.   :hi:

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
For complete Anonymity purchase an A Voucher with cash from a Shop and send the Redeem Code by PM to Head1. That way the transaction will not be on your A Account.

Offline tantraman

UKP has transformed my punting life, and I'm ever grateful to Head1 and Admins for keeping us all alive and kicking (and of course fucking!).

A donation is the least I can do, and thanks 90125 for this anonymous method ...

... and done! Let us all live long and prosper!

:drinks:

Offline Steve2

It seems such a small thing to do after all the money the site has saved us  :hi:

Offline Convince Me

I'm being thick I know but what's an A Voucher?