Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: London tube 2 day strike - Reduced prices from WG's in London?  (Read 2017 times)

password02

London tube strike starts tonight and will last for 48 hours with normal service being resumed late Thursday / Friday morning.

Do the members here think that there may be bargains to be had next few days with clients/punters cancelling?

Assumption is that you can get there either by car,bus or train.

Comments awaited

cockneybstrd

I wouldnt wet your pants over the tube strike

They will be running around a 50 per cent service from the suburbs

Its never as bad as they claim as its not the drivers striking its just the station staff and a handful of drivers

Offline Outcallguy

Once they cull 1000 jobs will tickets get any cheaper? I doubt it...

So what's the point of even bothering to close the ticket offices.

Offline King Nuts

Once they cull 1000 jobs will tickets get any cheaper? I doubt it...

So what's the point of even bothering to close the ticket offices.

Having ticket offices in tube stations is a bit like having phone boxes, Radio 3 and the Royal Opera House. We like to know they're there. But we don't actually use them ourselves. And they need paying for.

I haven't actually used a ticket office in tube station for about five years. And once I used them daily. Multiply me by a few million people all using Oyster cards, and you end up asking yourself if it matters if they're not there any more.

cockneybstrd

Having ticket offices in tube stations is a bit like having phone boxes, Radio 3 and the Royal Opera House. We like to know they're there. But we don't actually use them ourselves. And they need paying for.

I haven't actually used a ticket office in tube station for about five years. And once I used them daily. Multiply me by a few million people all using Oyster cards, and you end up asking yourself if it matters if they're not there any more.

'elath and safety guvnor.....

I listen to Radio 3 and have been to the Opera in the last year but I do get your point !

Offline latecomer

I read the open letter from the boss of London Transport (or whatever they call it now).  Whilst I'm not in a position to judge the rights and wrongs of this dispute, nor decide who is in the wrong (likely both parties) one statement amazed me.  He said the RMT union had refused to have anything to do with modernisation at all.  This seems just amazing.  What organisation can stand still in a fast-changing world?  I understand this attitude led to the wiping out of our railway network during the 1960s closures.  Just hope wiser counsel prevails this time to protect the Underground network.

Coming back to your original question, I shall be fascinated to hear if anyone knows of a WG who has reduced her prices because of the strike!

andrei

erm, but mike brown maintains that while ticket offices will close the machines and ticket sellers will remain (they'll be in the ticket hall instead)

so where is the money being saved simply by putting a lock on the ticket office door?

cockneybstrd

I read the open letter from the boss of London Transport (or whatever they call it now).  Whilst I'm not in a position to judge the rights and wrongs of this dispute, nor decide who is in the wrong (likely both parties) one statement amazed me.  He said the RMT union had refused to have anything to do with modernisation at all.  This seems just amazing.  What organisation can stand still in a fast-changing world?  I understand this attitude led to the wiping out of our railway network during the 1960s closures.  Just hope wiser counsel prevails this time to protect the Underground network.

Coming back to your original question, I shall be fascinated to hear if anyone knows of a WG who has reduced her prices because of the strike!

That  is from Peter Hendy who probably is reading this.

As Peter Hendy set up some pro$$ie in a flat and everything paying for her lifestyle while she worked as 150 an hour pro$$ie for an agency in London, You would think a geezer earning close to half a mil a year would have got E.A.S. with a higher end girl but I digress.

So maybe Hendy set up the strike so he could get a discount on his choice of whore !

Offline Jimmyredcab

erm, but mike brown maintains that while ticket offices will close the machines and ticket sellers will remain (they'll be in the ticket hall instead)

so where is the money being saved simply by putting a lock on the ticket office door?

Hundreds of "ticket sellers" have opted for voluntary redundancy, they were probably on £20K a year.

I actually believe that some ticket offices should remain open, big stations like Paddington and Victoria get lots of tourists who are not familiar with Oyster cards.

Pompoy123

Hundreds of "ticket sellers" have opted for voluntary redundancy, they were probably on £20K a year.

I actually believe that some ticket offices should remain open, big stations like Paddington and Victoria get lots of tourists who are not familiar with Oyster cards.

I agree with you Jimmy but close the little ones and place more machines around.

andrei

obviously big ones like paddington and victoria are no brainers to keep open

but there are many stations on the network like old street and hendon central that get loads of backpackers and tourists etc that are regularly packed

thats why a station to station review needs to be carried out, some genuinely need to remain open in the outer zones

obviously the one issue with the "voluntary redundancy" is, theres about 900 jobs being cut, what happens if 900 people dont come forward for the "voluntary" one, now its not so voluntary

password02

Guys please can we get back to original subject - Otherwise this thread will be moved to 'Off Topic'

cockneybstrd

I am afraid there is no right or wrong answer

For every free appointment created as a punter cant make the appointment, So a pro$$ie doesnt do an outcall as they use the tube,

Anyway 80 per cent of wont know there is a strike, If they dont speak english I dont expect them to read the paper or watch the news.

password02

Just seen on AW that - External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only has reduced her hour rate from £140 to £130 to now £120 today so could have been the result of the tube strike?

Stealthshagger

she does reduce them from time to time, so I cant tell if it is strike related or not..